PDA

View Full Version : Youmacon

polity4life
2011-11-04, 12:24 PM
So I come into work today and everything is pretty ho hum and mundane. I go to the commons to get some grub for lunch and see lines upon lines of people. Figuring Starbucks was giving away coffee, I thought nothing of it until I saw Link and Zelda come up the stairs from the commons. Then it hit me: convention.

Turns out Youmacon (http://www.youmacon.com) is going on this weekend in Detroit. It's the only anime convention that takes place in Detroit and has been going on for seven years. Are any playgrounders attending?

P.S. It was funny to watch my older co-workers just look in in bewilderment, especially when we saw someone dressed up as a character from Highschool of the Dead.

Fiery Diamond
2011-11-04, 12:48 PM
Hey, I have a really good friend who always goes to Youmacon. I should check whether she's going this time and what she's dressed up as if she is. She usually goes as game characters.

Zevox
2011-11-04, 01:09 PM
My brother and sister are attending with some of their friends, and have been going for the past few years. I don't though - not an anime fan, and I highly doubt I'd be at all comfortable around such large crowds. The only thing that makes me kind of wish I had gone is the chance to meet Linkara, but I'm sure I wouldn't have anything to say to him that he hasn't already heard from hundreds of other fans anyway.

Actually, my brother was there the year that Doug Walker/the Nostalgia Critic attended, and actually shows up briefly in his Bum Review of the event. Lucky bastard.

Zevox

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-11-04, 01:34 PM
I went to Youma last year, it was pretty fun. I found an awesome Code Geass group of friends. Ah, good times.