PDA

View Full Version : Is the Blade Bravo a good paragon path for a Scout?

realbombchu
2011-11-04, 01:45 PM
I'm thinking about playing a half-orc scout, but I would like him to play like a defender. I don't want to multiclass to a defender class, though. If I multiclass into rogue, would blade bravo, from Martial Power 2, help me pull this off? It's kinda defender-ish, and Dexterity-based.

The encounter power might even be good, if I can train my character in Intimidate somehow. Thoughts?

DragonBaneDM
2011-11-04, 03:43 PM
I'm thinking about playing a half-orc scout, but I would like him to play like a defender. I don't want to multiclass to a defender class, though. If I multiclass into rogue, would blade bravo, from Martial Power 2, help me pull this off? It's kinda defender-ish, and Dexterity-based.

The encounter power might even be good, if I can train my character in Intimidate somehow. Thoughts?

The thing about Blade Bravo is that it's made to be used around the Riposte Strike at-will, and just enforcing that -2 to hit isn't really going to make you play as a Defender. Hm... I think it's a good look though. You'd want to use a Rapier so that you meet the prereqs for using the Rogue Powers.

Add in some stuff like Low Slash and maybe even Snapshot, and multiclassing Rogue can be very strong on a Scout!

realbombchu
2011-11-04, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the support! The build and its flavor both match my character's concept, which is a good thing. Yeah, a rapier is probably a must-have, too.

I'll continue drafting and see what it becomes. I'd still like more input, if anyone has some.