PDA

View Full Version : Warforged Colossus [3.5, PRC]

Ksheep
2011-11-07, 12:59 AM
A friend of mine recently created a PRC for war-forged which he would like some opinion on. Being not much of a home brewer myself, I wasn't all that sure on it (thought it might have been a bit OP myself), so I am submitting this for a slightly more professional review. And so, without further ado, the Warforged Colossus.

A warforged takes this class to become an instrument of pure destruction. In order to gain access to it, the warforged must be worked upon by a highly skilled smithy, one capable of creating constructs. Warforged Colossi are typically employed as shock troops, siege breakers, and siege weapons by various kings and rulers in their petty squabbles over territorial rights and the like. A warforged who follows the Path of the Colossus must replace almost every living component within themselves to reach the ideal form of a construct.

Warforged Colossus

Hit Die: d12

Requirements:

Warforged
+8 BAB
Adamantium Body Feat
Neutral Alignment
Immune to Critical Hits
Spend 10,000 GP worth of materials to improve body. This process will take approximately a month.

Class Skills: The Warforged Colossus' class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Intimidate (Cha), Spot (Wis), Listen (Wis)
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int modifier

{table]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1|1|2|0|0|Low-light vision, Immune to Massive Damage
2|2|3|0|0|+1 DR/–, SR 10+Colossus Level, -2 Cha
3|3|3|1|1|Darkvision 60', +2 Nat Armor, -2 Dex
4|4|4|1|1|+1 Rage/day, -1 Initiative, Immune to Mind Affecting spells, Immune to Necromancy and Death effects
5|5|4|1|1|Monkey Grip, Loss of Con score, +2 Nat armor+30 HP
6|6|5|2|2|Immune to Fire damage, Electricity teated as spell "slow", +2 DR/–
7|7|5|2|2|+1 Size category, speed halved, Natural attack deals 1d10
8|8|6|2|2|Heal from Fire damage, +3 DR/–
9|9|6|3|3|Immune to effects with Fort saves
10|10|7|3|3|Complete Construct (Iron), +2 Nat Armor, +4 DR/–
[/table]

Immunities
At 1st level, the Warforged Colossus becomes immune to death via massive damage. At 4th level, it gains immunity to mind affecting spells, necromantic spells, and death effects. At 7th level, it becomes immune to fire damage.

Damage Resistance
The Warforged Colossus gains +1 DR/– at level 2, and this improves to +2 at 6th level, +3 at 8th level, and +4 at 10th level.

Natural Armor
The Warforged Colossus gains +2 to it's Natural Armor at level 3, and a further +2 at levels 5 and 10.

Fire Healing
At 8th level, the Warforged Colossus gains the ability to heal from fire damage. Whenever a source would deal fire damage, the Colossus instead heals 1/4 of the damage that would have been done. Furthermore, this counteracts the effects from slow, including the slowing effects of electric attacks.

Immune to effects with Fort saves
Any attack, ability or spell that has a fort save cannot affect the Warforged Colossus, unless the attack, ability or spell specifically states that it can affect objects.

Complete Construct
At 10th level, the Colossus transformation is complete, and the Warforged is effectively an Iron Golem. It retains it's ability to speak, gains an SR of 30, but it also becomes susceptible to rusting and, unlike Iron Golems, it does not gain a breath attack.

EDIT 11/7/11: Added info on Complete Construct, fixed typo on slam damage.

bobthe6th
2011-11-07, 08:42 AM
Seems a bit redundent, as in the eberon campain setting the warfoged jugernaut does the same sort of thing... though this might be a shade more powerful.