PDA

View Full Version : So what's gone on in these forums this year of 2011 while I have been gone?

Pika...
2011-11-17, 02:30 AM
Hey,

Been gone a while, but I had a yearning to come back. :smallsmile:

So, anythings big or significant happen this year of 2011 that you all would like to look back at and recap?

Anyone deserving get promoted to mod lately for example? Any big events happen?

The Succubus
2011-11-17, 04:54 AM
Hello stranger! :smallsmile: It's nice to see you're using a cheerful Pikachu avatar rather than the old one. :smallsmile:

Probably the biggest change is that we now have webcomic ads at the top and bottom of the forums as a social experiment (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222190) a way of raising money for an improved server, Rawhide offering people the chance to destroy the universe (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=11962973#post11962973), the usual comings and goings of folks...

Pika...
2011-11-17, 10:11 AM
Thank you Succubus. :smallsmile:

And yeah, I am feeling up for a while, so I figured I'd post an avatar with my current mood as usual.

And I noticed the adds. First youtube, now GITP....

Raddish
2011-11-17, 10:27 AM
Welcome back, though I have likely never seen you since I don't think I have been here that long. I have a forgetful patch for time...

Some of the ads have been for some cool things, they don't intrude really unlike some of the youtubey ones...

pendell
2011-11-18, 05:51 AM
Glad to see you!

I finally won a werewolf game. Aside from the new ads and the comic's progression, not much.

How'd the fatherhood thing work out?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Mauve Shirt
2011-11-18, 06:32 AM
Don't worry about the ads, they're harmless. Motionless and soundless. And they give the Giant money, which is a good thing!

Other changes? I graduated and got a full time job, so I post less. :smalltongue:

Raz_Fox
2011-11-18, 08:46 AM
Ponies happened, man.

All the ponies happened.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2011-11-18, 09:32 AM
Ponies happened, man.

All the ponies happened.

Its true, we've been taken over by ungulates. I hardly noticed.

We've recently had a bit of a surge in popularity of Heal/Hurt games and they seem to have become more in-depth lately, with Reverse Powers and Dark Powers in addition to the regular God Powers. Although, I kinda think the popularity is on the decline based on participation numbers. However, that's up to interpretation.

Maxios
2011-11-18, 11:43 AM
I started a new webcomic called Omnitopia: The Playground.

H Birchgrove
2011-11-18, 02:05 PM
I came out as bi. :smallsmile:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-11-18, 10:00 PM
I dunno, been pretty normal for me...

Mutant Sheep
2011-11-18, 10:06 PM
I remember seeing you back in my lurking days. :smallsmile: Hi Pika!

Aside from the ads, nothing HUGE has happened. Depression thread got a dramataicular blegleblarghly I didn't pay attention to because I forgot about The Playground when it was going on. :smallredface::smallfrown:

Oh yeah. PONIES!:biggrin: THERE ARE NINJA PONIES TOO!:eek:

Lord Loss
2011-11-18, 10:14 PM
The Roleplaying Games forum got seperrated into a bunch of subforums. And there were a few additions/chnages to the rules (mainly about professional advice).