PDA

View Full Version : Pure-Hearted Soul (3.5 Feat, PEACH)

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-17, 02:31 PM
Pure-Hearted Soul
Prerequisites: Undead type, non-evil alignment
Benefits: Your rejection of the evil that was used to create you has returned some semblance of life to you. You are healed by positive energy and damaged by negative energy as if you were a living creature. This feat does not remove or change any of your other undead traits.

Grod_The_Giant
2011-11-17, 03:42 PM
Looks like a simple but incredibly useful feat for anyone playing an undead character for some reason. Good!

Rubik
2011-11-17, 04:37 PM
I believe you can also use Human Heritage to be healed by both positive and negative energy (since humanoids are healed by positive energy and you keep your undead traits, meaning you're also healed by negative energy).

Also, it renders you unturnable (since your type is no longer undead).

How does this work with turning, by the way?

NeoSeraphi
2011-11-17, 04:41 PM
I believe you can also use Human Heritage to be healed by both positive and negative energy (since humanoids are healed by positive energy and you keep your undead traits, meaning you're also healed by negative energy).

Also, it renders you unturnable (since your type is no longer undead).

How does this work with turning, by the way?

I don't have my copy of Races of Destiny on me right now, but I don't think that undead qualify as "half-human races". Especially not if they're zombie giants or wights or wraiths.

Even players who would take this feat (necropolitans, and perhaps vampires or ghasts) probably wouldn't qualify for it.

As Tomb-Tainted Soul doesn't give you vulnerability to turning, Pure-Hearted Soul does not offer any protection from it.

Snowbluff
2011-11-18, 01:57 PM
I don't have my copy of Races of Destiny on me right now, but I don't think that undead qualify as "half-human races". Especially not if they're zombie giants or wights or wraiths.

Even players who would take this feat (necropolitans, and perhaps vampires or ghasts) probably wouldn't qualify for it.

As Tomb-Tainted Soul doesn't give you vulnerability to turning, Pure-Hearted Soul does not offer any protection from it.

Wow, Seraphi, you have singlehandedly fix my problems with this thread. My DM will have no problem with okaying either feat, so this solves all my problems ^^

EDIT: Necroposh is an Acquired Template, not race, so any base creature that qualified before undeath should qualify afterwards.