PDA

View Full Version : What does @V mean?

Hbgplayer
2011-11-18, 01:20 AM
I have seen this at least once in almost every thread outside the PbP IC & OoC threads: @V: blah blah blah. My question is: what does it mean? Am I missing some sort of outside cultural refrence? Is it a secret club intent on taking over the world? Are they communicating with Vaarsuvious, trying to help her? :confused:

Strawberries
2011-11-18, 01:24 AM
It is in reply to the person who posts after you (generally as an edit, of course)

V is used as a sort of an arrow down.

There is also @^ to address the poster above you (^ is sort of an arrow up)

Though a conspiration would have been cool. :smallwink:

@V Agreed. :smalltongue:

TheCountAlucard
2011-11-18, 01:25 AM
V kind of looks like a downward-pointing arrow, as opposed to ^ looking like an upward-pointing arrow - so, if you have to go back and edit your post in response to what someone above or below you said, you can use it both to indicate that you have, in fact, edited your post, and to indicate to whom it is directed.

The Succubus
2011-11-18, 04:46 AM
For example, @^ is Count Alucard.

@V is intimidated by my Work Week avatar.

I'm pretty sure there's a few games in the Silly Messageboard Games section of the forums that use the @^ @V system.

Rawhide
2011-11-18, 04:47 AM
@^,

< isn't in the slightest bit intimidated.

Hbgplayer
2011-11-19, 12:37 AM
Ooohh, thanks. Darn, I was really hoping it was some ginormous conspiracy! :smallfrown:

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2011-11-19, 12:56 AM
Don't listen to them, they're just saying that to lull you into a false sense of security, they're trying to hide that there is no mind control, citizen. I will go back to my fun.