PDA

View Full Version : How to convice my DM that Quan Chi is actually neutral good?

gooddragon1
2011-11-20, 03:33 PM
Is there any obscure stuff that hints at Quan Chi (from mortal kombat) as being neutral good? I've made a character named Quan Chi with a quasi undead race (+paleness check) and facial markings/no hair named Quan Chi with a neutral good alignment. Is there any way Quan Chi could be neutral good?

Fan
2011-11-20, 03:49 PM
The man routinely binds the souls of the dead into a form of eternal agony, and has the end goal of "Destroy All Reality", he's an omnicidal maniac...

He's more Vile than neutral good. I'd say the same for most non protagonists in Mortal Kombat, and even the Protagonists seem to do it some times.

gooddragon1
2011-11-20, 04:02 PM
The man routinely binds the souls of the dead into a form of eternal agony, and has the end goal of "Destroy All Reality", he's an omnicidal maniac...

He's more Vile than neutral good. I'd say the same for most non protagonists in Mortal Kombat, and even the Protagonists seem to do it some times.

Well I pointed to that one mortal kombat where the people who defeated some sort of thingy on a pyramid got a free wish or something and the one lady turned everyone into good versions of themselves. However are you sure that Quan Chi doesn't have the flaw: Dark Secret (actually neutral good)?

Fan
2011-11-20, 04:16 PM
Well I pointed to that one mortal kombat where the people who defeated some sort of thingy on a pyramid got a free wish or something and the one lady turned everyone into good versions of themselves. However are you sure that Quan Chi doesn't have the flaw: Dark Secret (actually neutral good)?

Because the man tortures the souls of the dead, and practically eats babies, I mean that is a thing I wouldn't be surprised to see him do. Sitting down at a table with fork and knife and demanding additional babies for his feast.

That is the level of evil we are talking about, this is the guy who made the Soulnado (Just the term..) of souls that he wrenched from their respective afterlives, and forced them to become a power source for Shang Tsung to consume.

I have seen people get their soul eaten by Shang Tsung. They were not enjoying the experience.

shadow_archmagi
2011-11-20, 04:20 PM
I havn't played the game, but I have to ask why this is even a question.

I mean, (from what Fan said) the game seems to make it clear that the videogame character is evil, but there's no reason you couldn't play a good version. That's be like saying "I want to play a bat-themed character in my next evil campaign; please help me convince my DM that batman is a bad person"

Nerd-o-rama
2011-11-20, 04:29 PM
Just make your own character that just looks like Quan Chi. Tweak the idea and abilities until they become morally acceptable to a Neutral Good outlook.

Or play Quan Chi and accept that your character is Evil.

Or make up your own character instead of copying a two-dimensional fighting game endboss, but like I'm one to talk, I play fandom games on Livejournal.

nyarlathotep
2011-11-20, 08:05 PM
Quan Chi is undeniably evil. Even if he is fighting for a good cause (doubtful but still possible) he is still even because good is not about the ends in D&D it is about the means. Torturing someone to save lives is not a good action it is at best neutral and usually evil.

Good is about making sacrifices and doing the right thing not the easy thing, maybe not even the thing that will work. That being said a good character can do neutral or evil things and still be good, but they cannot do so simply because they it's easier, and they cannot be consistently doing those morally horrible thing.