PDA

View Full Version : Kotor Paladin of Marduk?

rbetieh
2011-11-23, 03:26 PM
We have a named character with no face (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0739.html) he happens to be one of Malacks friends, which is interesting in and of itself. Any speculations, could it be one of these guys (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0415.html)?

Gift Jeraff
2011-11-23, 03:35 PM
The first paladin is Sir Francois, Elan's employer from OtOoPC and seen on the Good Guys vs. Bad Guys poster/laptop skin. He might also be in Roy's story in SSaDT, but I'm not sure.

I would guess that since dwarves seem to be exclusive to the Northern Lands, the dwarf is probably a paladin of a Northern god and thus not Kotor, but ya never know.

DaveMcW
2011-11-23, 03:49 PM
Facebook friends doesn't mean anything.

Kotor is friends with Nyr-Atul, Priest of Tiamat too. But he still goes smackin' dragons.

mrzomby
2011-11-23, 04:50 PM
Facebook friends doesn't mean anything.

Kotor is friends with Nyr-Atul, Priest of Tiamat too. But he still goes smackin' dragons.

or Kotor is friends with malack, and malack is friends with nyr-atul? I dont have a facebook, so I'm not totally sure thats how it works?

Adanedhel
2011-11-23, 05:07 PM
Actually he joined the group need a rez, as in he died.

If Malack was a moderator on the group (and being a highlevel cleric, probaly yes) he would see other people when they became a member of said group.

But it's a bit of a throw away joke, he needed a rez ie he died :smalltongue:

rbetieh
2011-11-23, 05:09 PM
Actually he joined the group need a rez, as in he died.

If Malack was a moderator on the group (and being a highlevel cleric, probaly yes) he would see other people when they became a member of said group.

So he could still be the dwarf being chased by the monster? Token Dwarf maybe?

Nimrod's Son
2011-11-23, 06:57 PM
He might also be in Roy's story in SSaDT, but I'm not sure.
I've seen this said before, but I can't see why. On looking through, the only character that resembles Sir Francois is the guy in the scene with the flumphs, but his beard is a completely different shape. Unless there's someone else I've missed, Sir Francois isn't in that book at all.

Kish
2011-11-23, 07:18 PM
More to the point, he set his status to "smacking dragons" somewhere a priest of Tiamat could see, the priest of Tiamat's location changed, and then suddenly he was dead.

Gift Jeraff
2011-11-23, 07:23 PM
I've seen this said before, but I can't see why. On looking through, the only character that resembles Sir Francois is the guy in the scene with the flumphs, but his beard is a completely different shape. Unless there's someone else I've missed, Sir Francois isn't in that book at all.Huh. And Sir Francois has a bit of a tan, too. You're right.

That strikes me as odd, considering every single StickTales character besides the identical minions, soldiers, and animals is based on someone from the actual strip.

rbetieh
2011-11-23, 08:47 PM
More to the point, he set his status to "smacking dragons" somewhere a priest of Tiamat could see, the priest of Tiamat's location changed, and then suddenly he was dead.

Thats actually kind of sad, considering not less than a couple strips before Malack tells us that its Kobolds that worship Tiamat, which means Kotor was offed by a Kobold....

Winter Light
2011-11-24, 12:35 AM

That... is brilliant.

I've read that strip 2-3 times and never even noticed that, I feel so silly now.

Bulldog Psion
2011-11-24, 08:49 AM
Thats actually kind of sad, considering not less than a couple strips before Malack tells us that its Kobolds that worship Tiamat, which means Kotor was offed by a Kobold....

Sad yet somehow hilarious. OF course, I suppose it could be a non-Kobold worshipper of Tiamat, but it's probably better for the sake of dark humor to consider it to be a kobold. :smallwink:

Flame of Anor
2011-11-24, 11:29 AM

Mind = blown.

t209
2011-11-24, 01:22 PM
The paladin from 415 (the red paladin) is on left side of OOTS Character Poster.
http://www.giantitp.com/Images/PostersTogetherBig.jpg
Edit: Done it!

super dark33
2011-11-24, 02:02 PM
So he could still be the dwarf being chased by the monster? Token Dwarf maybe?

Said monster is called a 'rust monster'. it rusts metals and eats them.
guess why the paladin is running.:smallcool:

Plus t209, spoiler that image. its too large.

Holy_Knight
2011-11-25, 11:45 AM
That... is brilliant.

I've read that strip 2-3 times and never even noticed that, I feel so silly now.
I never noticed that either--nice catch!

SpaceBadger
2011-11-25, 11:51 PM

See, now that kind of thing is why I read this Forum. I've viewed that particular strip many times and never noticed that detail before. Thanks!

rbetieh
2011-11-26, 02:34 AM
Wait, a (possibly) Kobold Cleric of Tiamat that smacks around paladins? Isn't there an Order member that Tiamat would love to see taken down? I smell a new member of the Linear Guild....or it could have been a throwaway joke :smallbiggrin:

Joerg
2011-11-26, 05:37 AM
Nyr-Atul doesn't sound like a Kobold name to me.

Lord Torath
2011-11-26, 09:51 AM
Well, he set his status to "Smackin' dragons, yo!" So I would tend to guess he was killed by said dragons. Dragon hunting is generally considered fairly dangerous...

(Edited for spelling)

SoC175
2011-11-26, 11:19 AM
Well, he set his status to "Smackin' Dragons." So I would tend to geuss he was killed by said dragons. Dragon hunting is generally considered fairly dangerous...I also thought so, never considered that the cleric of Tiamat also changed his location

Bulldog Psion
2011-11-26, 12:02 PM

Good point. It should have been something like Nyuk-nyuk, or whatever. :smallwink:

rbetieh
2011-11-28, 03:13 PM

Female Kobold, Atul is the Family name :smalltongue: (meant as a joke, jokingly)