PDA

View Full Version : Index Unresolved Plot Point Collection Thread II

Sunken Valley
2011-11-25, 01:48 PM
Put in a new thread cause the old one (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207236&page=5) died and due to the changing of the guard mysterywise.

There are many unresolved plot points and unanswered questions in Oots verse. Rather than debate them, this thread is about gathering them together in one easy thread. I have done a few (a good few) to start y'all off. Any mysteries collected will be added to the OP. Any mysteries solved will be deleted from the OP. starting in 3,2,1:

The big three:

What is Varsuuvius’ gender?

What is MitD?

How will Belkar “die”?

Story-wide plot points:

When will Xykon and Redcloak fully betray each other?

What's the deal with the world in the world?

Do the crayon drawings hide a secret?

How will Elan get his happy ending?

Will Belkar kill Varsuuvius?

How will the IFCC use their remaining 24 minutes of V’s soul?

What are the 9 (or more) sides to the conflict?

Will MitD turn to the side of good?

What is Redcloak going to do with the Phylacetery and when will Xykon find out about the switch?

Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak?

Will Durkon become a normal Dwarf again?

Where do Sabine's loyalties lie?

Future arc plot points:

What broke up the Scribble so much?

How did Kraagnor die?

Where is Serini?

How is Xykon's fortress going to show up in the plot?

What else does Xykon have in secret?

Why was the Dark One gathering an army of souls?

What did Roy ask his Archon to do?

Will Eugene go to heaven?

What will O-Chul and Lien find at Kraagnor's gate?

What will happen to Azure city?

Will the Soul-Splice be used again?

How did the Scribble find out what the gates did?

How will Belkar save Hinjo's life a 2nd time?

What will really happen if all the gates are destroyed?

What is Elan's plan to help Ian and co defeat Tarquin?

Who is Aunt Ivy really?

What was Nale's "Evil Potential"?

Will Thog live?

Current arc plot points:

What is Hel's Plan?

Can the Inner Durkon fight the spirit controlling him?

How will Durkon bring doom to the dwarves?

What Happened to Redcloak's niece?

What happened to Xykon's gem with the souls of the scribble in it?

What about that anti-betrayal spell Xykon did on the Mitd?

What is Redcloak's real name?

What happened to Lirian and Right Eye's zombies?:

Will we ever know:

What is Daigo's surname?

What happened when Roy and Durkon visited the Oracle the first time?

Why is Fyron's son not in SoD?

What did Haley mean when she said she's not exactly what you call...?

Will Hilgya come back?

What is Elan's last name?

Has Kazumi had that baby yet?

What will Kazumi call the baby?

What happened to Dorukan's and Lirian's rifts?

When will Eugene haunt Roy again?

Will Eugene keep his promise not to visit his family?

ThePhantasm
2011-11-25, 03:21 PM
I dunno if this is a "plot point" but the Death Squad (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0755.html) seems like a Chekov's Gun to me - I'm sorta expecting them to show up again. Though I've been wrong before.

Pory
2011-11-25, 04:45 PM
-Why did Nale kill Malack's children?
-Is Girard Draketooth still alive?
-Which will be the consequence of Roy not reading the report about V "alarming dealing with the forces of Evil" that Eugene burned?
-Will Amun Zora take revenge on Tarquin/Elan?

(Sorry for my English :smallfrown:)

dps
2011-11-25, 05:40 PM
How did Kraagnor die?

Ever since Blackwing told V what he say in the rift, I've thought that a better question would be, "Did Kraagnor actually die?"

How will Durkon’s return be posthomonous?

Oh!Oh! I know this one! It'll happen after he dies! :smallbiggrin:

Sniffnoy
2011-11-26, 05:39 AM

I'm not sure this should really count as an "unresolved plot point" seeing as A. it doesn't really affect the plot point and B. The Giant has made it pretty clear this is not going to revealed; it's a riddle deliberately made to have no answer. (Contrast the case of the MitD, which is a riddle with a really hard answer.)

Isn't the obvious explanation for this one that Fyron's son was not, in fact, killed by Xykon, and Roy simply got it wrong for some reason?

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 01:57 PM

Or he just doesn't have one. Not all humans appear to in OotS.

Nevereatcars
2011-11-26, 02:09 PM

For the first one: Roy and Durkon asked where Xykon was. The Oracle told them "In his throne room". Roy and Durkon tried to ask another question. They Oracle told them to bugger off. Roy dangled the bloody puke out a window. They got another question. They asked for the location of Xykon in a much more specific sense. The Oracle told them. They left.

For the second one: A retconjurer magicked his way over into OotS from Erfworld. Mischief Ensued.

JSSheridan
2011-11-26, 07:31 PM
Who did Durkon inflict with a colon tumor back from strip 7? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0007.html)

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 08:22 PM
Who did Durkon inflict with a colon tumor back from strip 7? (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0007.html)

No one. It was just a gag. You start naming all the gags we'll have a 100 page list.

Also, did Thog die in the rubble?

mrzomby
2011-11-26, 08:38 PM

Dorukan and xykon fought, xykon won, oots and xykon fought, xykon lost, elan made an explosion. With lirian's gate, it was implied that the goblins working for xykon had destroyed it, off screen afaik.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-26, 08:42 PM

Well, the Sapphire Guard went to one of them, so I'm assume everything's fine there.

Gift Jeraff
2011-11-26, 08:53 PM
Will Zz'dtri continue to be a regular Linear Guilder? (Could go along with Thog's fate.)

Dorukan and xykon fought, xykon won, oots and xykon fought, xykon lost, elan made an explosion. With lirian's gate, it was implied that the goblins working for xykon had destroyed it, off screen afaik.He means what happened to the open rifts. And the goblins didn't destroy Lirian's Gate.Redcloak and the two treants seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html) did.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-27, 02:39 PM
He means what happened to the open rifts. And the goblins didn't destroy

Yeah I know and based on the fact the two paladins went there and that seems to be the only mention of it everything is probably fine there. The environment is not* purple-hued in the flashback like in Azure City.

not*: edited

Kish
2011-11-27, 02:56 PM
Why would anything have happened to the rifts after they became exposed, other than them sitting there?

Gift Jeraff
2011-11-27, 03:29 PM
Someone else (besides the two paladins) may have noticed them and become involved in the plot, I guess.
The environment is purple-hued in the flashback like in Azure City.Either one of us needs our eyes checked out, or you have a pretty broad interpretation of purple (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0290.html). :smalltongue:

Pory
2011-11-27, 03:29 PM
Why would anything have happened to the rifts after they became exposed, other than them sitting there?

IIRC the rift of Azure City was the smaller of the five and look how large it is now (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0544.html). It's possible the other exposed rifts have grown too.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-27, 05:46 PM
Someone else (besides the two paladins) may have noticed them and become involved in the plot, I guess.Either one of us needs our eyes checked out, or you have a pretty broad interpretation of purple (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0290.html). :smalltongue:

I forgot to include "not" in there. And that is to prove my point. No purple, no problem.

Sunken Valley
2011-11-29, 02:59 PM
For the first one: Roy and Durkon asked where Xykon was. The Oracle told them "In his throne room". Roy and Durkon tried to ask another question. They Oracle told them to bugger off. Roy dangled the bloody puke out a window. They got another question. They asked for the location of Xykon in a much more specific sense. The Oracle told them. They left.

But they asked three questions. Question 1's answer was "in his throne room". Question 3's answer was "Dungeon of Dorukan in the Redmountain Hills" Both were asked by Roy. What happened to Durkon's question: Question 2?

weeping eagle
2011-11-30, 01:32 AM
Is Sabine more loyal to Nale or the IFCC?

Gift Jeraff
2011-11-30, 02:03 PM
But they asked three questions. Question 1's answer was "in his throne room". Question 3's answer was "Dungeon of Dorukan in the Redmountain Hills" Both were asked by Roy. What happened to Durkon's question: Question 2?How do you know what the answer to the 3rd question was? It could have been "Then whar be Xykon's throne room?" as the 2nd question (the Dungeon of Dorukan would be his response), then the extra question would have asked for a detailed description of the dungeon (supported by OtOoPC) and where it is, the exact coordinates, and the fastest route to the dungeon or if he recommends the scenic route, etc.

Bulldog Psion
2011-11-30, 02:19 PM
How do you know what the answer to the 3rd question was? It could have been "Then whar be Xykon's throne room?" as the 2nd question (the Dungeon of Dorukan would be his response), then the extra question would have asked for a detailed description of the dungeon (supported by OtOoPC) and where it is, the exact coordinates, and the fastest route to the dungeon or if he recommends the scenic route, etc.

Since we don't know, that's exactly why it's an unresolved plot point. :smallamused:

rbetieh
2011-11-30, 02:19 PM
How do you know what the answer to the 3rd question was? It could have been "Then whar be Xykon's throne room?" as the 2nd question (the Dungeon of Dorukan would be his response), then the extra question would have asked for a detailed description of the dungeon (supported by OtOoPC) and where it is, the exact coordinates, and the fastest route to the dungeon or if he recommends the scenic route, etc.

Would be funnier if question 2 was "Can we get a do-over on question 1?" and the answer was "no". :smallbiggrin:

Raistlin82
2011-11-30, 03:29 PM
I don't understand the question about the "Crayons of Time". Asking if they "hide a secret" looks quite generic to me. Might as well ask if any story told by characters and not shown hides a secret.
Was there, originally, a specific reason to wonder and what was the doubt about, exactly? Just that the people telling this story were lying? That there was a hidden message inside the "Crayons of Time"?

PS: What is a "posthomonous" and where can I buy it? Also, who is Girad? :smalltongue:

Kish
2011-11-30, 05:03 PM
Was there, originally, a specific reason to wonder and what was the doubt about, exactly?

Someone posted on this forum, saying that he believed Start of Darkness was real, but his friend was arguing that the whole book was merely "what Redcloak claims happened."

Rich responded that everything we saw in Start of Darkness actually happened and none of it was filtered through Redcloak...except the crayon section, which totally was filtered through Redcloak.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-30, 08:55 PM
What will become of the village the Oracle created to get back at Belkar?

Howler Dagger
2011-12-01, 10:22 AM
Who is Durkon’s new Linear guild opposite?
He has none

What is Quarr up to?
Helping Sabine steer the linear guild in the direction the IFCC wants them to be in.

tassaron
2011-12-05, 03:45 AM
Is Sabine more loyal to Nale or the IFCC?

I think 804 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0804.html) answered that pretty clearly. Even the title of the page is "Where Her Loyalties Lie".

Kish
2011-12-05, 06:43 AM
Really? I think 804 served to lampshade how very ambiguous the question is at the moment, perhaps even to Sabine.

Even the title of the page is "Where Her Loyalties Lie." :smalltongue:

Ninjaman
2011-12-05, 12:35 PM
Would be funnier if question 2 was "Can we get a do-over on question 1?" and the answer was "no". :smallbiggrin:

That would be awesome.

Sniffnoy
2011-12-05, 06:17 PM
Here's a question we can add: What is Redcloak's (and Right-Eye's) real name? (This might be one of those things that is never revealed, or it might finally be revealed when he and Xykon betray each other.)

Math_Mage
2011-12-05, 08:49 PM
Really? I think 804 served to lampshade how very ambiguous the question is at the moment, perhaps even to Sabine.

And it ends with "Right behind you all the way." Which is pretty strong dramatic irony implying that Sabine's made her choice.

Gift Jeraff
2011-12-15, 02:31 PM
This could go under "Will we ever know:"

Who was Qarr's previous supervisor and what is this evil chalice (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0631.html) s/he won't shut up about?

Or was that just some pop culture reference that flew over my head? (Yes, I know it might just be fluff to make the OOTS world seem more alive, just like the reptilian humanoids discussed in the previous Plot Point thread.)

Sunken Valley
2011-12-15, 03:45 PM

Who was Qarr's previous supervisor and what is this evil chalice (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0631.html) s/he won't shut up about?

Or was that just some pop culture reference that flew over my head? (Yes, I know it might just be fluff to make the OOTS world seem more alive, just like the reptilian humanoids discussed in the previous Plot Point thread.)

And this came up in the previous thread too. It shows that Quaar had absolutely nothing to offer V and wanted something totally irrelevant to the plot. This showed that pre-IFCC he was a nobody filler villain. Now he's tactless and spilt the plan to Blackwing

Gift Jeraff
2011-12-15, 03:55 PM
And you know that, how...?

Not that I doubt that's the case, but you seem so sure it is.

Peelee
2011-12-15, 03:56 PM

Sunken Valley addressed that quite nicely, so I won't try to state basically his exact argument in my own words, but what do you mean that Quarr "won't shut up about" the chalice? I thought it was only mentioned in the one strip?

EDIT: ....aaaaaaand I just looked up that strip, and noticed it was the supervisor what wouldn't shut up. My bad.

PhantomDennis
2011-12-27, 10:42 PM
Here's a question we can add: What is Redcloak's (and Right-Eye's) real name? (This might be one of those things that is never revealed, or it might finally be revealed when he and Xykon betray each other.)

If we choose to take a joke strip as canon, it might be that they have always been RedCloak and Right-Eye. After all, there are hobgoblins named Cleric #2 and Hobgoblin Soldier Who Only Appears in a Single Panelof One Strip. (The actual name mentions a specific strip and panel. I'm just two lazy to look it up.) There is another RPG-based Webcomic strip that has Goblins named after the supposed future fates with characters like Dies Horribly and Saves a Fox. The only named goblin I can think of is Jirix, which in certain fonts looks a lot like Jinx. So far, he's showed no signs of bringing bad luck. In fact, he's been unusually lucky so far. Having Xykon order his resurrection for example. I think the Hydra-Burger stand guy had a name too, but I don't remember it.

Speaking of Jirix, a plot point we that hasn't mentioned is the army of hobgoblin shades the Dark One is gathering. One objection to Belkar dying within a few weeks of comic time is that he'd be out of the story too early if there's a war in the afterlife there could be story a plenty for Belkar. It would be good way for other characters such as Therkla and Miko to return to action.

As to other hanging plot threads, I thought at one time Julio Scoundrel was going to be revealed to be Elan's biological father. Obviously, that's not the case. But considering Star Wars motif that surrounds Elan and Tarquin, making Julio the Obi-Wan, Julio remarks about a future meeting may be ominous foreshadowing (DUN-DUN-DUH) rather than a one-off gag. In fact, based on his own chaotic inclinations, Julio may well have some connection to the mysterious Draketooth clan.

Our morst recent mystery is who killed Nale's step-mother Penelope. Based on the context, it doesn't seem either Tarquin or Nale have a good to reason to lie about killing her. My guess Sabine did it on orders from the IFCC. The IFCC seems to have a vested interest in not letting any of the parties get too far ahead of each other. So presumably, letting the Linnear Guild have too much information early would not suit their plans.

EDIT: On reviewing it seems that Penelope's death was mentioned. What was not How Xykon got his hands on Serini's diary. We know for for a fact that Serini's Gate is intact. So presumably Xykon has not confronted her directly. Based on what little we know of her, Serini might be scatterbrained enough to be so careless about vital information about the gates, but THIS IS HER DIARY we're talking about. Letting the cat out of the bag about the gates' location is one thing but letting others read her private thoughts. How her Diary got into Xykon's hand might make for mini-story in itself.

snikrept
2011-12-28, 01:20 AM
Did Guy With a Halberd safely make it out of Azure City after being sprung from prison by the Resistance?

Holy_Knight
2011-12-28, 01:37 AM
And it ends with "Right behind you all the way." Which is pretty strong dramatic irony implying that Sabine's made her choice.

"...in perfect position to backstab you."

Gift Jeraff
2011-12-28, 02:19 AM
"...in perfect position to backstab you."If her loyalty truly was towards the archfiends and not Nale, why not just flat-out tell Qarr that? Instead, she skirts around the issue and gets pissed when he calls her out.

She's either completely split, truly dedicated to Nale, or leaning towards the IFCC but feeling some regret about it. I can't really see how that strips implies her being fine with backstabbing Nale.

Kish
2011-12-28, 08:29 AM
If we choose to take a joke strip as canon, it might be that they have always been RedCloak and Right-Eye.

That wouldn't fit with Start of Darkness at all.

martianmister
2011-12-28, 08:39 AM
That wouldn't fit with Start of Darkness at all.

OH NO; SPOILERZ! :smallfurious::smallfurious::smallfurious:

:biggrin:

Holy_Knight
2011-12-29, 06:44 PM
If her loyalty truly was towards the archfiends and not Nale, why not just flat-out tell Qarr that? Instead, she skirts around the issue and gets pissed when he calls her out.
I read it as her doing exactly that--telling Qarr that she was doing her job and he didn't know what her exact orders are.

She's either completely split, truly dedicated to Nale, or leaning towards the IFCC but feeling some regret about it. I can't really see how that strips implies her being fine with backstabbing Nale.
I'm not saying it does. Rather, I'm saying it's consistent with her still being more loyal to them than to him, and that that line isn't the conclusve proof of her loyalty to Nale that people are making it out to be.

Sunken Valley
2011-12-30, 08:00 AM
Hey, they found Xykon's soul thing. Cross off.

Morgan Wick
2011-12-30, 05:09 PM

See, nothing she says to Qarr indicates that she's anything but completely loyal to the IFCC ("You don't know what my orders are, Qarr."). The only ambiguity comes in with that last line at the end (and maybe, just maybe, with what she doesn't say), but I think Sabine sees no conflict at all between serving the IFCC and serving Nale, while Qarr does because he doesn't see the whole picture.

What happens if there does become a conflict between serving the IFCC and serving Nale, that's still an open question.

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-01, 12:53 PM
I'm curious as to why you've yet to add anyone else's suggestions (or so it seems), particularly this one:
-Will Amun-Zora take revenge on Tarquin/Elan?Or is a named character running off while swearing revenge on a main character and a semi-major villain and contemplating a team up with a recurring villain considered "resolved"? :smalltongue:

Sunken Valley
2012-01-01, 01:19 PM
I'm curious as to why you've yet to add anyone else's suggestions (or so it seems), particularly this one:Or is a named character running off while swearing revenge on a main character and a semi-major villain and contemplating a team up with a recurring villain considered "resolved"? :smalltongue:

Sorry Pory, never noticed that.

I'm not putting that chalice in though. It's not backed up by two strips.

Morgan Wick
2012-01-06, 05:00 AM
Time for the return of my own list:
Nothing has been resolved since last time (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11448314&postcount=67), although the phylactery question needed to be clarified. Let me know if I missed anything new.

DEFINITE STORY PILLARS (in this order)
Girard's Gate
Kraagor's Gate
The Ultimate Fate of the Snarl/Elan's Happy Ending/Eugene's Blood Oath/etc.

DEFINITE CHEKHOV'S GUNS
The Fate of Azure City
V's deal with the IFCC, and the IFCC's motivations
"I'm not what you call exactly-" (I could say possible, but...)
MitD's identity
Odin's Prophecy about Durkon
The Oracle's Prophecy about Durkon
Belkar's Last Breath
The Dark One, The Plan and the Plight of Monster Races (could be a pillar)
Chekhov's Anti-Spellcaster Feat (As taught by Horace Greenhilt)
Xykon's anti-Redcloak-betrayal spell on MitD (I could say possible, but...)
How Sabine is Haley's evil opposite
Daigo's last name
Xykon hunting down phylactery (and getting it back from the Resistance)
Celia's deal with Thieves' Guild/Guild's reaction to Haley breaking it (not quite the same as Lord Tyrinar/Ian Starshine)
Right-Eye's Daughter
Planet within the Planet, and the truth about the Snarl
Why Girard is really so pissed at Soon
Roy's plan for his Archon
Who killed Penelope?
The fate of Thog

POSSIBLE CHEKHOV'S GUNS
The Doubly Occupied Soul Gem (possible good-aligned soul splice in the future?)
Hilgya's return
Pompey's return (could be definite, actually)
"As for the elf-"
Miko's return (hey, Rich did say she'd have an impact on the rest of the story...)
Elan's last name
V's divorce (I don't think it'll be settled as easily as it was at the start of the book)
Kazumi's baby
Why Roy keeps mentioning Fyron's son
O-Chul's influence on MitD
Why no one remembers Blackwing (I'd prefer definite - it's continued in later strips, and even Haley forgot)
What happens when Nale and the IFCC are at odds

POSSIBLE STORY ANGLES
The Fates of Girard and Serini
Soon's Rift
Lirian's Rift
Dorukan's Rift
Eugene's promise not to visit family

ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT BEING EXPLORED
V's gender (and that of his/her family)

toughluck
2012-01-17, 04:54 AM
Kraagor's Gate is in the same mountains as the dwarven stronghold where Durkon lived, and Girard's and Kraagor's gates will be destroyed in the same manner as previous three. When the hole is completely torn, the world in the world will coexist -- either side to side or on different planes.

Thanatosia
2012-01-17, 08:15 AM
Will we ever find out how Soon identified Xykon's Phylactery (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0462.html)?

This one realy eats at me, as it's a complete unexplained asspull with no known rules or logic explaining it.... which would be ok if it was a minor event of no consequences, but it's direct consequences are even now continuing to play out even in the current strip.

martianmister
2012-01-17, 11:15 AM
Will we ever find out how Soon identified Xykon's Phylactery (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0462.html)?

This one realy eats at me, as it's a complete unexplained asspull with no known rules or logic explaining it.... which would be ok if it was a minor event of no consequences, but it's direct consequences are even now continuing to play out even in the current strip.

I think, as a soul he can see magical energy links between them.

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-17, 11:46 AM

This one realy eats at me, as it's a complete unexplained asspull with no known rules or logic explaining it.... which would be ok if it was a minor event of no consequences, but it's direct consequences are even now continuing to play out even in the current strip.Eugene saw Xykon getting away inside Redcloak's holy symbol. Eugene told Shojo about Xykon. Soon was either watching from beyond the grave or Shojo told Soon at some point (a bonus strip in WaXP and DStP's cast page imply that Shojo was working with Ghost Soon).

Sunken Valley
2012-01-17, 12:40 PM

Already been answered but I'd chalk it up to his Knowledge:religion. As an epic level Paladin with no dump stats (he was the Roy of his party) investigating something created by the gods it's probably high

Kish
2012-01-17, 12:45 PM
And Knowledge: Religion is something none of the members of the Order has at appreciable levels--even Durkon (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0052.html).

Sunken Valley
2012-01-22, 03:41 AM
Yes the ritual is what we think it is. Crossed off

ti'esar
2012-01-22, 03:54 AM
One for the list of "possible Chekhov's Guns" - the army of goblin souls that the Dark One is gathering. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0704.html) I'm personally inclined to think this is just the normal goblin afterlife, but there's been a fair bit of speculation that there's more to it then that, and it might indeed come up again.

willpell
2012-01-23, 07:52 AM
Put in a new thread cause the old one died and due to the changing of the guard mysterywise.

A link to the previous thread might provide useful context....

Explicitly will not be answered per Word of Giant. Probably rules out a definite gender for Inkyrius too.

When will Roy learn the Mageslayer trick?

You seem to know you're stuff so I assume I'm missing something, but I thought he learned this in the afterlife in Strip 600 or shortly there(be?)fore.

Is there a reason to think this is an option? (I think V is more worried that Belkar doesn't plan to kill him...see "The Incident".)

We've almost surely got all of them by now:
1. The OOTS
2. The Linear Guild
3. Xykon
4. Redcloak
5. The Dark One (if different from RC)
6. The IFCC
7. Tarquin
8. The Sapphire Guard (Ghost Soon?)
9. Serini? Draketooth?

A couple iffies there, but I'm fairly confident Xykon, Redcloak and TD1 encompass no fewer than two sides among them. There might be one or two sides remaining hidden but Rich has explicitly said we're past the halfway point, so it's a bit late to introduce new factors.

What is Redcloak going to do with the Phylacetery?

This seems pretty clear - "keep Xykon from knowing it's been found as long as possible".

Where does Xykon go when he comes back with new tricks?

Is there a reason to think he doesn't just go out to Random Epic-Level Morally-Ambiguous Dungeon #67X and curbstomp some potential competition until he levels up?

Again I doubt that this is anything specific.

Why did Nale kill Malacks Children?

"See also: jackass". :D

This is the sort of thing which absolutely must come up in the main story at some point; hopefully (and almost certainly) Rich will remember it isn't known info to non-prequel-readers and will include a synopsis in-strip as he did for the Thieves' Guild.

Huh? Why should he be?

Will Hilgya and Pompey come back?

Pompey went off with Leeky so that's almost certainly no (and if you mention one you should mention the other). I'm still holding out for Hilgya, and you might also mention the Loki cleric from the Thieves' Guild (the one who Belkar taught to "fish"); it's not for sure they'll be associated just because they share a god, but there hasn't been much in the way of coincidence in this strip.

This can be removed; both were destroyed (Dorukan by Elan and Lirian by...well, I don't wanna bother with a spoiler box).

Kish
2012-01-23, 09:06 AM
That is not unresolved (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0668.html).

luc258
2012-01-23, 09:55 AM
Who is the "janitor" goblin really?

ti'esar
2012-01-23, 05:00 PM
Huh? Why should he be?

Short version: our original version of Xykon's backstory (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0110.html) claims he killed Fyron and his son. The son is conspicuously missing from SoD, but has continued to be referenced in the online comic on occasion, so it might not just be a retcon to simplify things.

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-23, 05:50 PM
I believe when Sunken Valley mentions Nale's evil potential, he's referring to this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12242039&postcount=45) which seems to be implying that Elan's Goodness and Nale's Evilness are future plot points.
Is there a reason to think this is an option?The idea comes from this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0567.html).

RoboChap
2012-01-23, 06:09 PM
This can be removed; both were destroyed (Dorukan by Elan and Lirian by...well, I don't wanna bother with a spoiler box).

The gates were destroyed; I believe the unresolved plot point of what happened to the rifts means did they expand etc after the gates were lost, in the same way the rift above Azure City has grown.

Kish
2012-01-23, 06:20 PM
I believe when Sunken Valley mentions Nale's evil potential, he's referring to this post (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12242039&postcount=45) which seems to be implying that Elan's Goodness and Nale's Evilness are future plot points.The idea comes from this strip (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0567.html).
"What was Nale's 'Evil Potential'?" is an obvious (with quotes, even) reference to something Sabine said in her first battle with Haley, which has since been resolved (the answer being that destructive unnecessary conflict is what he and his group do, and also he's a complete moron).

There is an unresolved--quite possibly not yet revealed, much less resolved--plot point in what Rich said, but that's not it.

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-23, 06:30 PM
"What was Nale's 'Evil Potential'?" is an obvious (with quotes, even) reference to something Sabine said in her first battle with Haley,I know. I'm just saying I think Sunken Valley believes the two to be related.

Morgan Wick
2012-01-23, 11:59 PM
Yes the ritual is what we think it is. Crossed off

"What we think it is" has always been "what Redcloak thinks it is", so no (http://webcomics.morganwick.com/2012/01/also-contribute-to-richs-kickstarter-drive-and-hasten-the-day-i-get-any-collections-of-the-online-comics-other-than-the-first-if-i-had-money-id-contribute-just-to-get-the-bonus-story/).

Sunken Valley
2012-01-26, 10:44 AM
I know. I'm just saying I think Sunken Valley believes the two to be related.

Indeed I do. There has to be more than one reason why Sabine and her master's got Nale specifically.

You've probably noticed that Tsukiko's permanent death has crossed off all her plot points.

Also, now that I can publicly say that Redcloak is using the ritual to teleport a gate to the upper planes and then give control of the gate to the Dark One so that his God can blackmail the other God's in giving Goblin's equality without spoilers, do you think I should promote the spoilered plot point "Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak" to a Story-wide point?

Also, although we know about the fake phylacetary, I'm not removing the point questioning what Redcloak's going to do with it because I don't get where he's going with this. SoD shows the last time he used the phylacetary against Xykon, it did not go well. Can anyone explain?

Needless to say, the fake Phylacetary is not going anywhere anytime soon.

dps
2012-01-26, 11:57 AM
Will we see the 2 assassins from the Weary Travellers Inn and Tavern again?

Sunken Valley
2012-02-02, 06:44 AM
Made changes

Morgan Wick
2012-02-02, 03:36 PM
Also, now that I can publicly say that Redcloak is using the ritual to teleport a gate to the upper planes and then give control of the gate to the Dark One so that his God can blackmail the other God's in giving Goblin's equality without spoilers, do you think I should promote the spoilered plot point "Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak" to a Story-wide point?

Don't know - part of the reason that's speculated is because Right-Eye raises the possibility in SoD.

Psyren
2012-02-02, 07:58 PM
Where is Haerta/What will she do before she is recaptured? (I believe this to be separate from the "Soul Splice" question.)

And from SoD:

Where is Xykon's female wizard colleague (they promised to kill each other next time they met)?

Sunken Valley
2012-02-03, 07:52 AM
Where is Haerta/What will she do before she is recaptured? (I believe this to be separate from the "Soul Splice" question.)

Who says she hasn't been captured? The fiends said they were working on it. They have had two weeks.

@morganwick: I've thought the Dark One was a liar because his back story is in Crayon. And I think the crayon drawings are lies. They don't tell it as it really happened.

Psyren
2012-02-03, 09:33 AM
Who says she hasn't been captured? The fiends said they were working on it. They have had two weeks.

Why would we assume it's happened if we haven't seen it happen, and have no reason to think that it happened? :smallconfused:

St Fan
2012-02-05, 07:35 AM
Why would we assume it's happened if we haven't seen it happen, and have no reason to think that it happened? :smallconfused:

We have plenty of reasons to think it has happened, the most decisive one being that Haerta isn't important enough to the story for the Giant to show us her recapture. Honestly, PLENTY of things happen off-panel; the fiends' off-hand comment that they will send some minion retrieve the wayward soul is enough to assume it does happen, considering her lack of importance from a narrative viewpoint.

Sunken Valley
2012-02-06, 09:18 AM
:xykon: Guess what playgrounders! My threat level's gone up. From the comfort of my fortress I'm adding some new plot points. Now I need some lungs to do a laugh.

BaronOfHell
2012-02-07, 06:01 PM
I'm not confident if this is the right place to ask, but I don't want to start a new thread for a minor question and this seemed optimal.

In SoD, RedCloak's niece, how old would she be by now? Both RedCloak and RightEye (had he been alive) should be beyond the maximum age for their species, right? Is it the same case with the niece? Is she merely very old now? Any idea?

It's just that I always imagined should there be a reuniting, that it'd be with a little goblin girl, but that seems obviously not the case.

Gift Jeraff
2012-02-07, 06:09 PM
She could be anywhere from a preteen to young adult by now. The best reference is Right-Eye: He's "child-sized" 34 years before the comic starts, then "adult-sized" 4 years later.

TheEmerged
2012-02-07, 06:38 PM
If the gates can be destroyed safely -- and evidence suggests at least 2, possibly 3 of them have been...

...why weren't they? Why guard something that can be destroyed? Obviously it's possible to *unsafely* destroy one (reference: the one that blew up in Azure City).

AlfredAmeoba
2012-02-07, 06:46 PM
This is kind of old, but I don't see it on the list. Do we know if Sabine is vulnerable to cold iron or to alchemical silver?

ti'esar
2012-02-07, 06:52 PM
This is kind of old, but I don't see it on the list. Do we know if Sabine is vulnerable to cold iron or to alchemical silver?

She's a demon, so cold iron.

Sunken Valley
2012-02-08, 01:46 AM
If we didn't know Sabine's secret, it would be in the "big 3" as it came up before The Comic grew the beard. We do so it's not (her other secrets on the other hand)

Sunken Valley
2012-02-14, 11:24 AM
V is out. Cross off.

Obnoxious Hydra
2012-02-18, 07:34 PM
SoD Spoilers

I'd like to know what happened to the zombies of Barky, Xykon's Grandma, Professor Xavion, Lirian (and Dorukan? I can't remember if he also got zombiefied) and Right Eye.

It's possible that they just faded into Xykon's zombie hoards and got killed in Dungeon Crawlin' Fools or in the battle for Azure City

Xykon seems like the kind of guy who would keep notable zombies, perhaps for his fortress on the Astral Plane. He might even have set Barky up somewhere nice: it seems he was the one thing Xykon was ever truly upset about losing other than his own life, and the only thing that Xykon has ever been truly emotionally attached to.

And, Red Cloak might have tried to keep Right Eye's zombie safe. Brotherly love and all that.

Sunken Valley
2012-02-19, 03:15 AM
Yes to Lirian and Right Eye Zombies. No to Barky and co.

Sunken Valley
2012-02-29, 02:01 AM
We've found Girard's us.

JSSheridan
2012-03-01, 03:11 PM
In 821, Nale tells Tarquin that a ritual is needed to control the Snarl? How did he know that? Or was he just bluffing to save his skin?

JCarter426
2012-03-01, 03:20 PM
Either he heard something about it during his employ with Xykon, he heard it from Shojo, he learned it some other way, or he's still going by his educated guess that Xykon doesn't want to destroy the world. Or he's bluffing.

I wouldn't say it's unresolved, exactly - there are a number of ways he could have learned this. And we know it's true, so it doesn't really matter how he learned it. Otherwise we would have heard the same gate story a half dozen times by now.

Sunken Valley
2012-03-05, 06:20 AM
I'm taking that imagine spot to be Rich saying familycide killed penelope. However, Orrin and his Daughter stay because I'm not entirely sure they're just red herrings.

Sunken Valley
2012-03-08, 10:09 AM
Orrin and Penelope are definitely dead. Cross off.

BaronOfHell
2012-03-08, 10:57 AM
I really like your thread and I thank you for doing this. I'd also enjoy if the resolved plot points could be found somewhere. It's somehow nice to see stuff people questioned in the past, stuff the common reader might have accidently skipped over while reading the comic.

Kish
2012-03-11, 01:07 PM
We've found Girard's us.
We have met the Girard and he is us?

Sunken Valley
2012-03-11, 01:35 PM
We have met the Girard and he is us?

No, we can cross off the plot point "Who is Girard's us"? as in the "us" he referred to. This was his clan. His dead clan.

@Baron: good idea but it would be hard as it would be more difficult to find a tier system, there's more plot points solved than unsolved and slain plot points breed new ones (for example, "what does Tarquin know about Draketooth" became "where are Orrin and his daughter" which is now "do any Draketooth live")

willpell
2012-03-13, 04:42 AM
If the gates can be destroyed safely -- and evidence suggests at least 2, possibly 3 of them have been...

...why weren't they? Why guard something that can be destroyed? Obviously it's possible to *unsafely* destroy one (reference: the one that blew up in Azure City).

Destroying the gates is by no stretch of the imagination "safe". The destruction of other gates can be reasonably presumed to have weakened the fabric of the universe much as the destruction of Dorukan's gate was explicitly stated to have done - not weakened it enough to unmake the universe, but with this getting more likely to happen every time it occurs. It's a risk, just not one that has yet managed to come up snake eyes.

Kish
2012-03-13, 04:53 AM
Destroying the gates is by no stretch of the imagination "safe". The destruction of other gates can be reasonably presumed to have weakened the fabric of the universe much as the destruction of Dorukan's gate was explicitly stated to have done - not weakened it enough to unmake the universe, but with this getting more likely to happen every time it occurs. It's a risk, just not one that has yet managed to come up snake eyes.
More than that, the Snarl's quiescence is actively very strange at this point. Redcloak even commented on it--though only Blackwing and Vaarsuvius know what seems to really be in the rift.

rbetieh
2012-03-13, 08:09 AM
Is this the right place to muse over whether we will ever see the Trial of the Century (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0806.html), and whether or not the Flumphs will represent Defendants Starshine Thundershield and Elan, and if the trial will be presided by Judge Wapner?

Sunken Valley
2012-03-20, 05:00 AM
New plot points added.

rgrekejin
2012-03-22, 05:05 PM
Perhaps this was mentioned already, but in the bonus comics in Don't Split the Party, when Lord Shojo is discussing putting the mark of justice on Belkar with Sangwaan, she mentions that she sees him saving Hinjo's life twice. The first time was obviously when he prevented the archer from shooting Hinjo with a poisoned arrow. When was the second? Has it occurred yet? I'm not sure Belkar fireballing the group of archers in comic #455 really counts, since they got shot anyway and survived it just fine. Is there another instance of Belkar saving Hinjo's life that I've forgotten?

ti'esar
2012-03-22, 05:27 PM
Perhaps this was mentioned already, but in the bonus comics in Don't Split the Party, when Lord Shojo is discussing putting the mark of justice on Belkar with Sangwaan, she mentions that she sees him saving Hinjo's life twice. The first time was obviously when he prevented the archer from shooting Hinjo with a poisoned arrow. When was the second? Has it occurred yet? I'm not sure Belkar fireballing the group of archers in comic #455 really counts, since they got shot anyway and survived it just fine. Is there another instance of Belkar saving Hinjo's life that I've forgotten?

I'm reasonably sure that was 455.

rgrekejin
2012-03-22, 05:32 PM
I'm reasonably sure that was 455.

I guess that could be so, but I kind of expected something different. Given that the first time Belkar saved his life, Hinjo was in clear danger of dying and Belkar explicitly prevented it, but in #455 he was in relatively little immediate danger (they got shot at and survived anyhow) and Belkar didn't wholly prevent it, just lessened the degree a little bit. It just seems too indirect. If anything, I'd argue that Elan's illusion is what saved his life in that strip, as it convinced the hobgoblins not to follow up on their attack. To me, saying that Belkar saved Hinjo's life in #455 seems a little like trying to argue that Belkar fulfilled his prophecy by causing Roy's death by giving him the ring of jumping +20. You can make an okay case for it, but it doesn't have the oomph of a prophecy fulfilled.

Kalrany
2012-03-25, 01:54 PM
I am not sure if this is the place to point this out, since it may or may not be important enough for a plot point, but since I can think of several scenarios where it could be important, I thought that I would ask. Additionally, I don't know if there is already an answer to this, but I tried searching for the answer and failed to find it...
What is Malack?
There are a couple of threads that seem to debate this, but I did not see any conclusion.
It is to the discretion of the board if this is worthy of being placed on the main page, but I am honestly curious about the answer.

ti'esar
2012-03-25, 04:03 PM
I am not sure if this is the place to point this out, since it may or may not be important enough for a plot point, but since I can think of several scenarios where it could be important, I thought that I would ask. Additionally, I don't know if there is already an answer to this, but I tried searching for the answer and failed to find it...
What is Malack?
There are a couple of threads that seem to debate this, but I did not see any conclusion.
It is to the discretion of the board if this is worthy of being placed on the main page, but I am honestly curious about the answer.

Malack is an albino lizardfolk. Anything else is pure "wild mass guessing". Until and unless someone actually wonders about this in the comic, I don't think it's really a "plot point" as such.

Sunken Valley
2012-03-27, 06:04 AM
New plot points

chainik
2012-03-27, 12:16 PM
I don't think I've seen this one mentioned before:

Who was spying on the party at the end of strip #698 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html)?

I originally assumed it was one of Girard's allies, but now it's clear that all of the Drakenteeth were already Familicided by that time. And I don't think this is evidence that Girard has somehow cheated death either. The "aura" surrounding the floating eyeball is green, which doesn't seem to be his usual color (at least as depicted by the crayon's of time (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html)). The only named characters who cast magic with a green aura are Lirian (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) and Julia (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0354.html), but neither one would make sense here. It has to be someone who would have known about the fake gate coordinates, but who was not related to the Drakenteeth.

RNGgod
2012-03-27, 12:23 PM
I don't think I've seen this one mentioned before:

Who was spying on the party at the end of strip #698 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0698.html)?

I originally assumed it was one of Girard's allies, but now it's clear that all of the Drakenteeth were already Familicided by that time. And I don't think this is evidence that Girard has somehow cheated death either. The "aura" surrounding the floating eyeball is green, which doesn't seem to be his usual color (at least as depicted by the crayon's of time (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0277.html)). The only named characters who cast magic with a green aura are Lirian (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0276.html) and Julia (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0354.html), but neither one would make sense here. It has to be someone who would have known about the fake gate coordinates, but who was not related to the Drakenteeth.

General consensus is that it was Zz'dtri. His magic is green, and Nale says he knew Elan and co. were in the desert.

Hopewell
2012-03-28, 06:10 PM
General consensus is that it was Zz'dtri. His magic is green, and Nale says he knew Elan and co. were in the desert.

It could also be Eugene. He can scry, and his magic has a distinctly green color (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0510.html).

Gift Jeraff
2012-03-28, 06:33 PM
Eugene's has a white outline. The scrying eye is completely identical to Zz'dtri's (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0789.html) and the Oracle's (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0572.html), as far as I can tell. Julia's magic color is darker than the scrying eye here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0337.html), but about right here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0354.html). I don't think we've seen Lirian's aura outside of crayon or greyscale art.

But the simplest answer is Zz'dtri: fits what Nale said perfectly and foreshadowed a twist no one saw coming. Well, except for this guy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7667997&postcount=9).

ti'esar
2012-03-29, 12:19 AM
Well, except for this guy (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7667997&postcount=9).

Good grief, that guy needs to go into the fortune-telling business. Wow.

But seriously, I think the eye was pretty clearly established as Zz'dtri. Not sure why this keeps being debated.

Sunken Valley
2012-04-09, 11:46 AM
Yukyuk is dead. Cross off

JavaScribe
2012-04-09, 12:22 PM
Everybody seems to be near certain that he was already killed by Redcloak off panel, but since his ultimate fate has not actually been shown, would whatever happened to the polymorphed rogue (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0825.html) count?

Sunken Valley
2012-05-10, 04:19 AM
Who wants me to put "When will Tarquin be recognised" on the chart? I haven't before because I don't think it will last long but it's probably going to be a major plot point.

jedipilot24
2012-05-10, 11:40 AM

Who was Qarr's previous supervisor and what is this evil chalice (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0631.html) s/he won't shut up about?)

Maybe that's a reference to the Knights of the Chalice in Complete Warrior?

t209
2012-05-10, 11:46 AM
Everybody seems to be near certain that he was already killed by Redcloak off panel, but since his ultimate fate has not actually been shown, would whatever happened to the polymorphed rogue (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0825.html) count?

It counts since it's kinda like Redcloak metaphor for "Seriously? A polymorphed rogue. How unoriginal?".

Sunken Valley
2013-01-11, 10:13 AM
Made Changes

Holy_Knight
2013-01-11, 04:01 PM
How about "What is the other stuff that Jirix left out (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0704.html)?"

It's unclear whether it will actually come to anything, but I've always thought that there was something potentially significant in Jirix's encounter with the Dark One of which Redcloak may be still unaware.

Sunken Valley
2013-03-11, 12:07 PM
Well Durkon's Dead. Changes made.

Sunken Valley
2013-06-25, 03:40 PM
Found the gate now.

Anatares
2013-06-25, 04:14 PM
May I suggest one? "What will really happen if all the gates are destroyed?"

Current arc has us leading to the fourth gate being destroyed by Roy, which only leaves one left. And I think "The world goes boom" is too simplistic an answer with the whole world-inside-the-world thing. So, if Kraagor's gate falls next, does the world really go boom? Or do they end up on the other world somehow, or maybe it's a hint at another story with another adventuring party after the OotS succeeds (Or fails) the main quest line?

Sunken Valley
2013-06-25, 04:22 PM

Current arc has us leading to the fourth gate being destroyed by Roy, which only leaves one left. And I think "The world goes boom" is too simplistic an answer with the whole world-inside-the-world thing. So, if Kraagor's gate falls next, does the world really go boom? Or do they end up on the other world somehow, or maybe it's a hint at another story with another adventuring party after the OotS succeeds (Or fails) the main quest line?

Wow, gnogard poster. Done.

Rogar Demonblud
2013-06-26, 06:34 PM
If I was to guess what the story is with Fyron's Son, he probably went after Xykon for killing Fyron as well, and probably found him easily (scrying on the crown, perhaps). And hilarity ensued. After that, Xykon took steps to keep from being found, which is why Eugene had so much trouble.

Also, if Fyron's Son was also named Fyron, we'd have two of the Fyron Five Xykon killed in Cliffport.:smallamused:

ChaosArchon
2013-06-29, 12:38 AM
I believe as of today we do now know when the IFCC will call in V's debt, and that it can be called in premortum.

Sniffnoy
2013-06-29, 01:01 AM
Well, part of it, anyway.

David Argall
2013-06-29, 12:50 PM

The odds are likely against it, but nothing much is a real possibility. After all, the world is a thousand plus years old. These rifts may be just as old, just not noticed until recently. So nothing may happen in a period that has any meaning in terms of human lifespans. There are some suggestions it will be faster, and that is more dramatic, but if the last gate is destroyed on Tuesday, you are unlikely to get out of that dentist appointment on Wednesday.

Sunken Valley
2013-07-02, 10:23 AM
Changed plot point, since the IFCC have used 21 of their mins.

Sunken Valley
2013-07-11, 01:12 PM
Prophecy fulfilled indeed.

littlebum2002
2013-08-12, 09:02 AM
There was once a thread on Nale and Elan. Specifically, it addressed "nature vs nurture", and whether Elan would have been evil if raised by his father, etc. If someone could find it, it would be very helpful to my point.

Anyway, when this question was asked, the Giant stepped in and put a kibosh on the whole thing, saying something to the effect of "answering this will spoil a plot point that will come later in the comic"

Therefore, I think this is an unresolved plot point; namely, what exactly caused Nale to be evil and Elan to be good? (or something to that effect)

Sunken Valley
2013-08-12, 09:10 AM
There was once a thread on Nale and Elan. Specifically, it addressed "nature vs nurture", and whether Elan would have been evil if raised by his father, etc. If someone could find it, it would be very helpful to my point.

Anyway, when this question was asked, the Giant stepped in and put a kibosh on the whole thing, saying something to the effect of "answering this will spoil a plot point that will come later in the comic"

Therefore, I think this is an unresolved plot point; namely, what exactly caused Nale to be evil and Elan to be good? (or something to that effect)

You best ask the index of Giant's Comments, not me.

The plot point is already mentioned under "what was Nale's evil potential" as Sabine said the fiends assigned her to Nale personally, which there has to be a reason for.

littlebum2002
2013-08-12, 11:06 AM
OK, that works. I found the post, though.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12242039#post12242039

Kish
2013-08-12, 11:14 AM
The plot point is already mentioned under "what was Nale's evil potential" as Sabine said the fiends assigned her to Nale personally, which there has to be a reason for.
Because he's a complete moron.

Possibly also because she is.

Sunken Valley
2013-08-12, 02:15 PM
Because he's a complete moron.

Possibly also because she is.

Hence the " " on Evil Potential. Anyway, the Giant said it was a spoiler and this was the best phrase I could use to incorporate it in there that sounded like an actual plotpoint and not a what if?

Sunken Valley
2013-08-29, 05:08 AM
The Lizardfolk ambassador came back. I thought he was a red herring to disguise the fact that Z was up to no good. He is not.

Sunken Valley
2013-10-22, 03:29 AM
Cleaned up a bit

Ghost Nappa
2013-11-17, 12:43 PM
The big three:

Pass.
What is MitD?
Pass.
How will Belkar “die”?
By engaging in more drastic character growth to the side of good. (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RedemptionEqualsDeath)

Story-wide plot points:

When will Xykon and Redcloak fully betray each other?
When they reach the gate at Kraagor's Tomb.

What's the deal with the world in the world?
It's either a third world or the first world.

Do the crayon drawings hide a secret?
Maybe, but there's definitely some lies (possibly of omission) in them.

How will Elan get his happy ending?
Marrying Haley and saving the world.

Pass.

How will the IFCC use their remaining 24 minutes of V’s soul?
To bench Vaarsuvius as they already have.

1) The Order of the Stick
2) Xykon
3) The Dark One, Redcloak, and the Goblins
4) The IFCC
5) MitD
6) The Linear Guild
7) Serini Toormuck and the denizens of Kraagor's Tomb
8) Team Tarquin
9) Lord Honjo and the Sapphire Guard

Will MitD turn to the side of good?
Yes, but only when Redcloak Vs. Xykon becomes a thing.

What is Redcloak going to do with the Phylacetery and when will Xykon find out about the switch?
Destroy it and Pass.

Is the Dark One hiding a step in his grand plan from Redcloak?
No, but Redcloak has not told us everything to us, the audience.

How much has Vampire Durkon really changed?
He's changed Alignment, but not loyalties. He seems to be sadistic but I imagine he'll stay in line out of duty unless threatened or provoked. AFTER the Comic is anyone's guess.

Will Durkon become a normal Dwarf again?
No.

When will V tell the Order about the fiends?
Prologue: #920 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0920.html)

Future arc plot points:

What broke up the Scribble so much?
Kraagor's death (or "Death") was likely THE biggest factor.

How did Kraagnor die?
Either 1) He didn't and has been in another type of existence for the last X years. or 2)By making Snarl un-doing powers.

Where is Serini?
Likely in or around Kraagor's Tomb. Remember that Dorukan hadn't died from old age when Xykon arrived and magic duelled him.

How is Xykon's fortress going to show up in the plot?
It won't.

What else does Xykon have in secret?
TBD as the plot demands.

Why was the Dark One gathering an army of souls?
Afterlife CTF competitions.

What did Roy ask his Archon to do?
Contact [insert name of extremely important LG religious person here].

Will Eugene go to heaven?
Technically the question should be "Will he be allowed in?" and I'll guess Yes.

What will O-Chul and Lien find at Kraagnor's gate?
Xykon, Redcloak, and MitD. Also Kraagor's Gate.

What will happen to Azure city?
Probably going to stay Gobbatopia.

Will the Soul-Splice be used again?
No.

How did the Scribble find out what the gates did?
Intelligence Checks.

How will Belkar save Hinjo's life a 2nd time?
By dying.

What will really happen if all the gates are destroyed?
Shenanigans of a world-shattering degree.

Current arc plot points:

How will Tarquin be defeated?
Julio + OotS

Why is Geoff acting all suspicious?
Because he wasn't expecting to be out of jail this soon.

Where is Ian's new hideout?
We'll never know.

Below Belkar's if Roy hadn't intervened but above the pairing of Cruella De Ville and Sauron.

Will Thog live?
Eh.

Where do Sabine's loyalties lie?
In her loins.

Who is Aunt Ivy really?
Not important enough to show up yet.

Will Amun-Zora return?
Eh.

What is Elan's plan?
To get reinforcements from Julio Scoundrel (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0930.html)

Why has Eugene not haunted Roy as Xykon has left?
Because the connection between his ancestors and the sword was broken when it was shattered and has begun anew with Roy.

What is Shattersmith's favour?
Eh.

OtOoPC's and SoD spoilers:

Spoiler
By being a freaking Vampire.

What Happened to Redcloak's niece?
She's a waitress at Goblin Dan's All-U-Can-Eat Hydra buffett.

What happened to Xykon's gem with the souls of the scribble in it?
He's still carrying it.

It's probably going to go off.

What is Redcloak's real name?
We'll never be told. It wouldn't add anything to the narrative at this point.

What happened to Lirian and Right Eye's zombies?
In reserve?

Will we ever know:

What is Daigo's surname?
If Daigo gets into a situation where his last name is important enough. But having a first name is really enough honestly.

They shook the Oracle out over the window. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0329.html)

Pass.
Regardless of V's gender, what gender is V's mate?
Pass.

What did Haley mean when she said she's not exactly what you call...?
Huh?

Will Hilgya come back?
I think it's possible that Durkon and Hilgya will re-unite again in Dwarven lands with both of them remarking how the other has changed. They will have effectively switched positions or they will now be perfectly compatible.

The same as Nale and Tarquin's.

Has Kazumi had that baby yet?
No.

What will Kazumi call the baby?
Pass.

Why does no one remember Blackwing?
Rule of Funny.

They expanded.

Will Eugene keep his promise not to visit his family?
Already we presume much.

Predictions are bolded.

Sunken Valley
2013-11-17, 12:52 PM
Julio!!!!!!

Edit: Some of your predictions are funny Ghost Nappa. But Geoff was acting suspicious long before he was released. What with his reaction to Boz's possible death.

Sunken Valley
2014-01-26, 04:56 AM
940 closed two plotpoints!

Gift Jeraff
2014-01-28, 04:48 PM
Another one bites the dust.

LogicalOxymoron
2014-01-31, 02:44 PM
But 942 brings us the question:

What is Elan's plan for fighting the Empire of Blood?

Shale
2014-02-15, 01:45 PM
We know Laurin's favor now.

Morgan Wick
2014-02-15, 02:31 PM
This seems like a good time to update my own list:
A lot of loose threads (heh) have been resolved since last time (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11448314&postcount=67): Girard's Gate, the Oracle's Durkon prophecy, the anti-spellcaster feat, Xykon's phylactery, who killed Penelope, and (as much as I hate how it was wound up) no one remembering Blackwing (there's still a question of how much Roy and Durkon remember of him but without anything Snarl-related being plausible it's not even a story angle). Also tweaked the Planet within the Planet item and removed Nale v. the IFCC as moot. Only new item is Elan's anti-Tarquin plan (Laurin's favor didn't even get a chance to be added to the list); let me know if you think I missed anything else.

DEFINITE STORY PILLARS (in this order)
Kraagor's Gate
The Ultimate Fate of the Snarl/Elan's Happy Ending/Eugene's Blood Oath/etc.

DEFINITE CHEKHOV'S GUNS
The Fate of Azure City
V's deal with the IFCC, and the IFCC's motivations
"I'm not what you call exactly-" (I could say possible, but...)
MitD's identity
Odin's Prophecy about Durkon
Belkar's Last Breath
The Dark One, The Plan and the Plight of Monster Races (could be a pillar)
Xykon's anti-Redcloak-betrayal spell on MitD (I could say possible, but...)
How Sabine is Haley's evil opposite
Daigo's last name
Celia's deal with Thieves' Guild/Guild's reaction to Haley breaking it (not quite the same as Lord Tyrinar/Ian Starshine)
Right-Eye's Daughter
The true nature of the Snarl and its relationship with the planet within the planet
Why Girard is really so pissed at Soon
Roy's plan for his Archon
The fate of Thog

POSSIBLE CHEKHOV'S GUNS
The Doubly Occupied Soul Gem (possible good-aligned soul splice in the future?)
Hilgya's return
Pompey's return (could be definite, actually)
"As for the elf-"
Miko's return (hey, Rich did say she'd have an impact on the rest of the story...)
Elan's last name
V's divorce (I don't think it'll be settled as easily as it was at the start of the book)
Kazumi's baby
Why Roy keeps mentioning Fyron's son
O-Chul's influence on MitD
Elan's anti-Tarquin plan

POSSIBLE STORY ANGLES
The Fates of Girard and Serini
Soon's Rift
Lirian's Rift
Dorukan's Rift
Eugene's promise not to visit family

ALMOST CERTAINLY NOT BEING EXPLORED
V's gender (and that of his/her family)

Sunken Valley
2014-02-15, 02:59 PM
Now we know Shattersmith's favour. Keeping the wording of the two rift themed plot points though.

Sunken Valley
2014-02-19, 06:55 AM
Mega changes.