PDA

View Full Version : Three way dark wizard throwdown.

Agrippa
2011-12-01, 05:26 PM
Let's just say these three wicked masters of their settings' form of magic duke it out, in let's sat New York City. Maybe they're fighting over some magic-boosting MacGuffin like the Spear of Longinous or they don't like each other. Either way this is a fight to the death.

Dark Lord Voldemort
http://dunithd.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/voldermortimage.jpg
Birth name: Tom Marvolo Riddle
Date of birth: December 31, 1926

To be compiled later.

vs.

Nicodemus Archleone
http://th09.deviantart.net/fs43/300W/i/2009/106/f/3/Nicodemus_Archleone_by_thesheperder.jpg
Birth name: unknown
Date of birth: A few decades before Jesus Christ's crucifiction.

Over 2000 years ago Judas's Ischariot turned his teacher, Jesus Christ over to the Roman and temple authorities. In a fit of grief and sorrow Judus hanged himself, dropping a sack of thirty silver denarii to the ground. His misery and despair was such that the pieces of silver he was paid with were found and infused with the spirit of a single fallen angel each. These coins, along with Judas's noose were found by a young sheperd boy with magical talent. With the support of his fallen angel partner, Anduriel, Nicodemus initiated the Black Death and personally murdered 3,000 men, women and children through out Europe and Asia, that are still on record. That doesn't include the 1,000 priests, monks and nuns he killed nor the 100 Knights of the Cross Nicodemus slew. This doesn't even begin to cover his modern day atrocities.

Combat
Copied directly from the Wikipedia page: Often his powers seem not to be shape-shifting, as is the norm among the fallen, but his shadow is alive and has substance. Whispering can be heard from it and it is assumed the shadow is actually Anduriel acting independently of himself; like all his order, however, he possesses super human strength and a great deal of magical knowledge. One of the more terrifying possessions he holds is the rope Judas Iscariot used to hang himself after the crucifixion - while wearing the slender rope as a tie Nicodemus is invulnerable to attack even by Denarian standards, utterly immune to all methods of death except strangulation with the rope itself. In Death Masks Harry's realization of this allows him to survive, and in Small Favor Harry chokes him into unconsciousness and continues to hold on, intending to kill Nicodemus, but is interrupted before he can be sure of success. Harry then throws him over the side of a boat and into a lake, where he is swiftly retrieved by his daughter Deirdre. While his current status has not been revealed in the book, Harry suspects that he is still alive. Jim Butcher has confirmed that Nicodemus is alive and terrified of Harry.

vs.

Lo-Pan (Alias David Lo-Pan)
http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2007/07/10/LoPan.jpg
Birth name:Lo-Pan (Alias David Lo-Pan)
Date of birth: 10th century BC

Centuries ago, Lo Pan, a great warrior, Mad Sorcerer king who ruled an empire of shadows and demons, was defeated in battle by the First Sovereign Emperor Qin Shi Huang. The Emperor could not destroy the immortal king, and so placed a terrible curse upon Lo Pan, the curse of No Flesh. Lo Pan's spirit is trapped in the decrepit body of an aging cripple, incapable of so much as walking. In order to permanently break the curse and regain his human form, he must marry a specific women with green eyes, who he truly loves, to appease the spirits then sacrifice her to appease the Emperor. Marrying her is enough to regain his body, but he must also kill her to regain his immortality and the lion's share of his powers.
Lo-Pan is in may ways responsible for the anti-government beliefs of the Wing-Kong, he himself opposing the re-unification of China until his dying breath. He believes only the strong have the right to power.
He is actually a highly skilled politician and businessman, and is believed to run the vast majority of the Wing-Kong's legitimate holdings personally, leaving his subordinates to capitalize their influence and co-ordinate their efforts. It is this reason, that many have suggested, Lo-Pan has no further ambition because he already rules.

Combat
Lo-Pan rarely finds it necessary to allow matters to degenerate into fisticuffs, preferring to trick other beings into doing his bidding or to smother their wills. He does not personally engage in combat unless it becomes absolutely necessary, first allowing his personal army of fanatical followers to enter battle in his name. If combat occurs in his direct presence, he may aid favored minions (such as the Three Storms) by countering particularly dangerous spells, disarming foes via telekinesis, or dominating the weaker-minded opponents and ordering them to attack their comrades. If someone appears who he has a personal vendetta with or in a challenge from one he sees as an actual threat (such as another magician) he will simply match their spells until they are forced to give up, then pay them no further mind. He rarely gets angry, but when he does he tends to tear his opponents apart in fury, and even without magic few can match his mastery of conventional martial arts.

As for minions Voldemort gets Bellatrix leStrange, Fenrir Greyback and a dozen Deatheater mooks. Nicodemus brings along Diedre and 12 of his heavily armed fanatics and Lo Pan has twelve Win Kong footsoldiers and his Three Storms.

industrious
2011-12-01, 05:58 PM
Reformat that picture of Nic; it's way too big.

Also, Nic definitely wins, due to his noose, greater familiarity with the location, and his ability to very effectively counter magic.

Weezer
2011-12-01, 06:12 PM
Reformat. Please. Just drop it into a spoiler if you can't find a smaller picture.

I'd say Nicodemus has it hands down, Voldemort is a chump when it comes to being a BBEG and Lo-Pan is relatively easily killed by a plain spoken American guy (TM) running around with a gun and is finished off with a thrown knife.

Mewtarthio
2011-12-01, 06:58 PM
Reformat. Please. Just drop it into a spoiler if you can't find a smaller picture.

Even in a spoiler, that picture's too big. It dwarfs most wallpapers.

Also, Nicodemus, on account of not being able to die. Okay, so Voldemort has his horcruxes, but this is a fight to secure territory, and Voldemort's resurrection won't kick in fast enough to make that feasible.

I have no idea what Lo Pan's doing here. He's on a completely different tier. A much lower one.

Agrippa
2011-12-01, 07:12 PM
I just found a smaller and more reasonably-sized picture of Nicodemus. I also had a pretty good idea about who'd come out ahead in this fight,
I just wanted to see how many people shared my suspicions. As for Lo Pan for psychopathic contender number three it was either him, Hellboy's Rasputin, Dr. Doom or the Mummy trilogy's Imhotep. Lo Pan was simply the easier of the four to do a write up for.

The Glyphstone
2011-12-01, 07:14 PM
Can Lo Pan bring the rest of his friends?

Gandalf The Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python And The Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini, The Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis, Jambi The Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Superman, Every Single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan?

Otherwise, Lo Pan gets flattened right off the bat, and eventually Nick gets close enough to Voldemort to tear his head off or something while bouncing Avada Kedavras off his steely pectorals tailored suit.

Emmerask
2011-12-01, 10:40 PM
Can Lo Pan bring the rest of his friends?

Gandalf The Grey, Gandalf the White, Monty Python And The Holy Grail's Black Knight, Benito Mussolini, The Blue Meanie, Cowboy Curtis, Jambi The Genie, Robocop, the Terminator, Captain Kirk, Darth Vader, Superman, Every Single Power Ranger, Bill S. Preston, Theodore Logan, Spock, The Rock, Doc Ock and Hulk Hogan?

Otherwise, Lo Pan gets flattened right off the bat

I think thats fair, though he may not bring the ultimate warrior... he speaks shouts? screams?rambles? a little of all of it? such nonsense that everyones brain just explodes.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 11:28 AM
Well Voldemort definitely loses. He's incompetent and only made it that far by dumb luck.

Aidan305
2011-12-02, 12:01 PM
Well Voldemort definitely loses. He's incompetent and only made it that far by dumb luck.

Actually, I suspect that Voldemort is one of the few competent wizards in the Potterverse. He certainly knows how to scheme and manipulate better than anyone else.

But Let's face it, neither he nor Lo Pan can stand up to Nicodemus. In terms of Dark Wizardry he's leagues ahead of the other two. He can instantly drop one of them with the Barabas Curse and even if the other somehow managed to drop him, he'd almost certainly be able to take him out with his Death Curse.

In short, at best (for Riddle and Lo Pan) a draw. Otherwise Nick wins outright.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 12:57 PM
Actually, I suspect that Voldemort is one of the few competent wizards in the Potterverse. He certainly knows how to scheme and manipulate better than anyone else.

There's a low bar. That's like being the least hairy dwarf. Or the smartest orc barbarian. Look at the competition:

-You know that powerful stone that can create ever lasting life? Let's not hide it in a well protected vault guarded by the best and most powerful wizards we have. Let's hide it in a school full of vulnerable children.

-Also, let's build a school with children some of which don't even have a full year of wizardry next to a dark forest full of powerful, terrifying creatures.

-And how is it no one's ever found the Chamber of Secrets? The plumbing in the girl's room leading to it looks fairly modern. Have wizards always had that level of plumbing or is Hogwarts just a recently built school.

-And you know that one wizard that escaped from the inescapable prison filled with the monsters that can knock you out by getting too close? Well, let's place these around a school filled with children. After all, he's proven he can evade them, and I'm sure the children will be fine.

-And Dubbledore, he's supposed to be like the most living powerful wizard in these books right? How many Defense Against the Dark Arts teachers has he gone through because he was incapable of hiring a good one? And how many of them have turned out to be agents of Voldermort. After Quirrell, you'd think he'd be a lot more selective. Also...
Why did he trust Snape? I haven't read anything past book 5, but apparently, going by internet memes...
Snape kills Dubbledore.
Isn't being a wizard based about being smart/intelligent/cunning/wise/other synonym for having great mental capacities? Maybe I've been playing too much D&D, but being a great spellcaster should be about being intelligent.

-And how many times has Voldermort or an agent of his has snuck into Hogwarts undetected?

-How many times has Voldermort tried to kill this kid, come face to face with him, and failed? You think by know a great wizard would have formulated a plan to pull this off.

It seems like Voldermort only got this far because the good guys are so incompetent. I think of Harry Potter and the struggle between the good and evil wizards and I immediately compare it to the struggle between Rusty Venture and the Monarch.

Brother Oni
2011-12-02, 01:59 PM
Everybody has minions right? That means Lo Pan gets Raiden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ETpLsbjg8I), who is pretty much a full mage in his own right.

Are we concentrating on the main characters or is the battle more them AND their minions, because that significantly increases Lo Pan's staying power.

DiscipleofBob
2011-12-02, 02:05 PM
/snip

Regarding that Dumbldore bit...
It was more of a heroic sacrifice on Dumbledore's part, and it turned out Snape was a good guy pretending to be evil, and Dumbledore asked Snape to kill him to do... something. I forget. And that last book made very little sense.

But yeah, Harry Potter wizards = fail 90% of the time.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 02:18 PM
But yeah, Harry Potter wizards = fail 90% of the time.

What? There's someone out there that agrees with me on this? I thought I was all alone.

Mewtarthio
2011-12-02, 02:21 PM
What? There's someone out there that agrees with me on this? I thought I was all alone.

There's an entire Harry Potter thread still on the first page dedicated to picking apart all the plot holes.

The Glyphstone
2011-12-02, 02:22 PM
Everybody has minions right? That means Lo Pan gets Raiden (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ETpLsbjg8I), who is pretty much a full mage in his own right.

Are we concentrating on the main characters or is the battle more them AND their minions, because that significantly increases Lo Pan's staying power.

Well, the specific minions wee detailed in the OP. Is Raiden one of the twelve Win Kong footsoldiers or one of the Three Storms he's been given?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 02:25 PM
There's an entire Harry Potter thread still on the first page dedicated to picking apart all the plot holes.

What? You mean this thread? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223848) Yeah, but that thread seems to me to have the general notion Harry Potter is still good regardless of these plot issues. Me, I really don't like the series because it tries to build up Voldermort as this unstoppable wizard who's so powerful that just mentioning his name has become taboo but in reality Voldermort is just some guy who got lucky because of the incompetence of everyone opposing him and none of the good guys seem to be on the ball.

Weezer
2011-12-02, 02:29 PM

Trust me. You're not alone. In Rowling's universe it seems that the prime characteristic of gaining magical power is having your pre-frontal lobe removed.

Goosefeather
2011-12-02, 02:36 PM
Not knowing much about the latter two works, I have a question: do the other two (i.e. not Voldemort) wizards have access to teleportation?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 03:01 PM
Can we nominate characters for this fight? If so, I want to put forth Fire Lord Ozai and Loki (Marvel Universe). The former is just straight up powerful. The latter is an evil mastermind and I'm not sure if he's the most powerful of the bunch, he'd definitely use his mind to give the rest a run for their money.

industrious
2011-12-02, 03:56 PM
Regarding Ozai...Nic would still win. Loki, on the other hand, has a chance.

Agrippa
2011-12-02, 04:07 PM
Can we nominate characters for this fight? If so, I want to put forth Fire Lord Ozai and Loki (Marvel Universe). The former is just straight up powerful. The latter is an evil mastermind and I'm not sure if he's the most powerful of the bunch, he'd definitely use his mind to give the rest a run for their money.

Sure, go ahead. I was thinking more along the lines of Hellboy's Rasputin, Anton Arcane or Marvel's Loki (good suggestion) than the likes of Ozai though.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-02, 05:57 PM
The Ice King. Sure, Voldermort is more competent than him, but at least the Ice King is entertaining. That, and he seems to do more damage when he's not trying. Or, could I go all gender bender and pick the Ice Queen? She actually showed herself capable of being a great deceiver and planner.

Brother Oni
2011-12-02, 06:41 PM
Well, the specific minions wee detailed in the OP. Is Raiden one of the twelve Win Kong footsoldiers or one of the Three Storms he's been given?

Raiden's one of the Three Storms and probably the most powerful (ability to throw lightning and fly with aforementioned lightning powers).
The other two are less well defined - one appears to be a weapons expert, while the other has superlative 'breath control' (an aspect of chi gung), making him very physically powerful.

The Win Kong foot soldiers are generic mooks/gang members.

Howler Dagger
2011-12-02, 06:50 PM
If we are allowed to nominate wizards, can I nominate Pun-Pun?

Agrippa
2011-12-02, 08:01 PM
If we are allowed to nominate wizards, can I nominate Pun-Pun?

No way in Hell. We need at least some, albeit ill-defined power limits. Gods of magic and comic book style mages are okay. Abominable and ill-bred bastards of theroretical optimization and thought excersises aren't.

comicshorse
2011-12-02, 10:43 PM
Raiden's one of the Three Storms and probably the most powerful (ability to throw lightning and fly with aforementioned lightning powers).
The other two are less well defined - one appears to be a weapons expert, while the other has superlative 'breath control' (an aspect of chi gung), making him very physically powerful.

The Win Kong foot soldiers are generic mooks/gang members.

Thunder smashes a gun to powder with one blow and Wind can fly, Lightning just seems able to go straight up or down using his lightning as a ladder but can throw lightning bolts. All are martial arts masters and so in a different league to the others minions apart from maybe Deidre but apart from turning into a really fast and strong snake-woman I can't remember what she can do

Lo Pan magic doesn't require a wand or latin phrases so he can slaughter Voldy. As well as he is actually intellifent.
Nicodemus not so sure about. I think his noose gives him an unbeatable edge

Mewtarthio
2011-12-02, 11:27 PM
Though it does bring up an interesting question: What happens if Nicodemus decides to use the Curse on Voldemort? Does it just kill him once, leaving him free to come back later? Does it kill him, then go after the Horcruxes? Does it kill him and wait for him to regenerate, then kill him again and again in an endless cycle of death and rebirth until every wannabe Dark Lord in the universe decides to think twice before hiding bits of their soul everywhere?

zingbat
2011-12-04, 05:08 PM

No, I'm with you, too. I enjoyed the series, but Potter wizards on the whole are made of stupid.

KnightDisciple
2011-12-04, 05:23 PM
Thunder smashes a gun to powder with one blow and Wind can fly, Lightning just seems able to go straight up or down using his lightning as a ladder but can throw lightning bolts. All are martial arts masters and so in a different league to the others minions apart from maybe Deidre but apart from turning into a really fast and strong snake-woman I can't remember what she can do

Lo Pan magic doesn't require a wand or latin phrases so he can slaughter Voldy. As well as he is actually intellifent.
Uh, you're thinking of Cassius Clay.

Deidre turns into a red-skinned woman with fifteen-foot long razor-sharp steel tendrils for hair. Seriously (http://dresdenfiles.wikia.com/wiki/Deirdre), she's like Medusa from Marvel, but a dozen times more deadly, at least.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-04, 05:28 PM
No, I'm with you, too. I enjoyed the series, but Potter wizards on the whole are made of stupid.

I can't enjoy the series because of that. All the books put forth Voldermort as this unstoppable great evil. The only reason he's unstoppable is because all the good wizards are more incompetent that Homer Simpsons. Also, they're wizards: intelligence should be their greatest asset, yet I see them making some of the stupidest decisions ever.

Forum Explorer
2011-12-04, 06:01 PM
I can't enjoy the series because of that. All the books put forth Voldermort as this unstoppable great evil. The only reason he's unstoppable is because all the good wizards are more incompetent that Homer Simpsons. Also, they're wizards: intelligence should be their greatest asset, yet I see them making some of the stupidest decisions ever.

Agreed. The books were good when Voldemort's threat level was on an individual level but when they raised it to an actual threat to the entire country it got ridiculous. .

Trazoi
2011-12-04, 06:11 PM
What? You mean this thread? (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223848) Yeah, but that thread seems to me to have the general notion Harry Potter is still good regardless of these plot issues.
It's a fun series due to the characters - at least for the first four books. The last three got quite stupid in no small part due to the problems that annoyed you.

Voldemort goes down like a punk anyway, so since I don't know the other wizards all I say is "definitely not Voldemort".

industrious
2011-12-05, 10:29 AM

Pretty much; the noose makes him invulnerable. Even without it, though, he's inhumanly tough and capable of regenerating his wounds. And I doubt Voldie or Lo Pan are able to use holy items/magic on him.

Forum Explorer
2011-12-05, 12:34 PM
Pretty much; the noose makes him invulnerable. Even without it, though, he's inhumanly tough and capable of regenerating his wounds. And I doubt Voldie or Lo Pan are able to use holy items/magic on him.

Lo Pan could choke him to death.

Zen Monkey
2011-12-05, 01:01 PM
I'm assuming it's post-ritual Lo Pan, because prior to his appeasement of the gods and emperor, he was essentially unkillable. Even then, he's got the wing kong, a kung-fu street gang with guns. Guns tend to be an unfair advantage against most wizards, especially in large numbers. After that, he's got the three storms. Wind is a flying swordsman, Lightning throws electricity around like it's going out of style, and Thunder has super-strength, and all three are good fighters. Lo Pan's strength is minions. He's supposedly a powerful wizard, but he mostly has others fight for him while only revealing a few tricks when really necessary.

He was undone by another sorcerer, a great martial artist, a sidekick, and a rival kung-fu gang all working together at the exact moment that his own gambit for power backfired. But then, every major villian tends to be undone by an unlikely hero and some very fortunate coincidences.

Brother Oni
2011-12-05, 01:34 PM
Lo Pan's strength is minions. He's supposedly a powerful wizard, but he mostly has others fight for him while only revealing a few tricks when really necessary.

There's a good reason for this - Lo Pan's from a culture which emphasises the use of underlings and only dirtying his hands when he needs or wants to.

He was undone by another sorcerer, a great martial artist, a sidekick, and a rival kung-fu gang all working together at the exact moment that his own gambit for power backfired. But then, every major villian tends to be undone by an unlikely hero and some very fortunate coincidences.

That's probably the first and only time you can describe Kurt Russell as a sidekick. :smallbiggrin:

industrious
2011-12-05, 01:47 PM
Lo Pan could choke him to death.

Assuming he realizes that the gray tie is really a noose, and that said noose is Nic's only weakness. Harry grabbed the noose because he saw it when Nic was only wearing it and the Shroud of Turin; if he was still wearing his suit, he might not have made the connection.

Furthermore, Nic can still act (quite well) when he's being choked by the noose. Harry only managed to beat Nic while choking him because Nic's shadow was held at bay by the Sword of the Cross; Lo Pan can't defend from the shadow, and Nic's sword/fists and choke him all at once.

Forum Explorer
2011-12-05, 02:24 PM
Assuming he realizes that the gray tie is really a noose, and that said noose is Nic's only weakness. Harry grabbed the noose because he saw it when Nic was only wearing it and the Shroud of Turin; if he was still wearing his suit, he might not have made the connection.

Furthermore, Nic can still act (quite well) when he's being choked by the noose. Harry only managed to beat Nic while choking him because Nic's shadow was held at bay by the Sword of the Cross; Lo Pan can't defend from the shadow, and Nic's sword/fists and choke him all at once.

And that's where the minions come in. To die horribly to buy enough time to finish Nic off. But sure its a long shot. Just saying that its actually possible vs Nic's invincible and always wins.

industrious
2011-12-05, 04:15 PM
Gotcha.

I'm going to say, though, that Nic is going to win >90% of the time.

Sanguine
2011-12-05, 08:51 PM
Gotcha.

I'm going to say, though, that Nic is going to win >90% of the time.

Of course if Nic loses he still kind of wins as his Death Curse will most likely take out the other two.

Emmerask
2011-12-05, 09:40 PM
I was under the impression that the death curse can only be used against one target, though maybe nics course is different then the usual one?

Sanguine
2011-12-05, 09:54 PM
I was under the impression that the death curse can only be used against one target, though maybe nics course is different then the usual one?

I may be misremembering but I don't believe it is ever said that it can only affect one person. Just that it is serious big time magic; bigger than pretty much anything they can pull off in life. In fact I vaguely recall some internal dialogue with Harry considering that if he dies he could probably take out a significant number of the bad guys. But that is a very hazy memory and quite possibly false.

Kinslayer
2011-12-05, 10:06 PM
No way in Hell. We need at least some, albeit ill-defined power limits. Gods of magic and comic book style mages are okay. Abominable and ill-bred bastards of theroretical optimization and thought excersises aren't.

...Wait, Gods of Magic are fine?

I'd like to say one Raistlin Majere, then.

Emmerask
2011-12-05, 10:16 PM
I may be misremembering but I don't believe it is ever said that it can only affect one person. Just that it is serious big time magic; bigger than pretty much anything they can pull off in life. In fact I vaguely recall some internal dialogue with Harry considering that if he dies he could probably take out a significant number of the bad guys. But that is a very hazy memory and quite possibly false.

Well it could also be me who is wrong, its quite a long time that I read dresden files ^^

Weezer
2011-12-05, 10:19 PM
...Wait, Gods of Magic are fine?

I'd like to say one Raistlin Majere, then.

How about Fistandatilus? He is so much cooler than Raistlin.

Kinslayer
2011-12-05, 10:20 PM
How about Fistandatilus? He is so much cooler than Raistlin.

Raistlin actually made it to Godhood, though. (In an abandoned timeline, but hey. Gotta cherrypick thier stats at the top of the peak.)

Weezer
2011-12-05, 10:29 PM
Raistlin actually made it to Godhood, though. (In an abandoned timeline, but hey. Gotta cherrypick thier stats at the top of the peak.)

I was attempting to make a joke based off of the fact that they become the same person (Raistlin assuming Fistandatilus's identity), but it apparently failed. :smallsigh:

Kinslayer
2011-12-05, 10:31 PM
I was attempting to make a joke based off of the fact that they become the same person (Raistlin assuming Fistandatilus's identity), but it apparently failed. :smallsigh:

I still identify them as seperate people, so... Yeah. :smalltongue:

Forum Explorer
2011-12-05, 11:18 PM

Well I'm impressed because I think you wrote his name correctly. :smallsmile:

KnightDisciple
2011-12-05, 11:18 PM
And that's where the minions come in. To die horribly to buy enough time to finish Nic off. But sure its a long shot. Just saying that its actually possible vs Nic's invincible and always wins.

Yeah, but consider that Nic's not flying solo here. He's got his basic mooks, who would probably kill off at least a few of Lo Pan's basic mooks.

Diedre would shred the rest, shred Wind, kill Thunder, and probably get tied up with Lightning.

Which leaves Nicodemus with Lo Pan all to himself.

Weezer
2011-12-05, 11:24 PM
Well I'm impressed because I think you wrote his name correctly. :smallsmile:

No idea how I remembered that spelling, it's been at least 6 years since I read the book. I guess I can congratulate myself for something...

One Tin Soldier
2011-12-06, 12:09 AM

Not exactly. When Harry faced Nic down on the train, he already knew that the noose was the key to his immortality. He just guessed that it wouldn't protect him from itself.

Still, he only knew about the noose because the Knights told him. Lo Pan and Voldemort certainly wouldn't.

TechnoScrabble
2011-12-06, 12:12 AM
Nobody wins. They all use charms to try and turn in each other into minions and the battle lives up to the title of the thread.
Heh. Wizard curtains.