PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a movie

danzibr
2011-12-07, 09:17 PM
Hey all, I know this is very little to go by, but I'm thinking of a movie where the main guy can run super super fast. I think it was a Chinese movie. All I really remember is he tries to run so fast he goes back through time and he can't, but then maybe later he can. I remember a cool scene with a wall that looked like water which he couldn't pass.

Sorry to be so vague, but I nothing else comes to mind. If I do recall something else, I'll be sure to post it here. And if anyone thinks of it... you're amazing and thank you.

Brother Oni
2011-12-08, 08:03 AM
Can you remember what type of Chinese was being spoken in the film? Pinning it down to a HK movie compared to a mainland movie would be a great help.

danzibr
2011-12-09, 08:36 AM
Can you remember what type of Chinese was being spoken in the film? Pinning it down to a HK movie compared to a mainland movie would be a great help.
Oooh I wish I could. Actually, I think it was dubbed. This was also several years ago, so I doubt it's newer than 2002 or so.

Brother Oni
2011-12-09, 02:25 PM
Oooh I wish I could. Actually, I think it was dubbed. This was also several years ago, so I doubt it's newer than 2002 or so.

If it's dubbed into English (I assume you meant English), then it's more likely to be a HK film.

Scanning the wikipedia pages on HK cinema (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Hong_Kong_films) doesn't throw up anything specific about a main character that can run very fast, but if it's a action comedy, then it may be a short-lived power for comedy effect, rather than a focal point of the film.