PDA

View Full Version : Noblesse

Drolyt
2011-12-09, 12:41 AM
Anyone read Noblesse (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Noblesse)? It is a Manhwa (Korean Comic) I found on TvTropes a few days ago (I got linked from the page image for Badass in a Nice Suit) and I have to say I'm hooked. It involves a sort of vampire like guy who wakes up after sleeping for 800 years, and in order to learn about the modern world he starts attending a Korean high school. He becomes friends with the students, leading to some comedy as he stumbles through the peculiarities of modern South Korea, and there is an overarching plotline involving this organisation that makes artificial humans with supernatural powers. I've never read a Manhwa before, but this is simply brilliant in my opinion, comparable to some of the best Manga. I really like the art style, and it is nice that it is in color unlike most Manga. If you like comics you should check it out.

Partysan
2011-12-09, 05:47 AM
I've been reading it for a while and I really like it. I liked the art style in the beginning slightly better, though.
And I'm glad to see that the current story arc seems to involve Shinwoo and the other kids again, I enjoy these characters. Also, Shinwoo has amazing potential.

Greensleeves
2011-12-09, 09:27 AM
I read the first 200 chapters earlier this year, but couldn't be bothered to keep up to date with it. I caught up today however and it is indeed a good series. Shinwoo's recent fight was awesome and it is nice to see the kids involved again.

I think I'll have to start following the series regularly.

Drolyt
2011-12-10, 01:30 AM
I've been reading it for a while and I really like it. I liked the art style in the beginning slightly better, though.
And I'm glad to see that the current story arc seems to involve Shinwoo and the other kids again, I enjoy these characters. Also, Shinwoo has amazing potential.
Yeah, I was starting to miss Shinwoo and the gang during the previous arc. As for the art, it definitely changed, although I like both styles. I don't know of if the earlier style was better per se, but I kind of miss it for its distinctiveness, since the style seems to have gravitated closer to that of manga.

H Birchgrove
2011-12-10, 10:37 AM
I thought this would be about chocolate. :smallwink:

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-12-11, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm only up to chapter 20, but it's been a cool read so far.

Drolyt
2011-12-11, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the recommendation! I'm only up to chapter 20, but it's been a cool read so far.
Glad you're enjoying it :smallsmile:.

Cespenar
2011-12-13, 07:40 PM
I got up to chapter 60 or so in a day, though admittedly, I was ill and in bed, so that may be because of that. Anyway, good read.

Re'ozul
2011-12-14, 07:28 PM
Been reading it for a while.
I like that, at least for me, it catches just the right balance between frantic action, intrigue and well-placed-boredom.

Zale
2011-12-14, 11:57 PM
I read that.

Or I did before my computer died. I guess I can restart now!

Rai is the only character I know who could make opening a door an epic achievement..

Drolyt
2011-12-14, 11:59 PM
Rai is the only character I know who could make opening a door an epic achievement..
Yeah, that was awesome.

Partysan
2011-12-15, 05:29 AM
"I did not give you permission to breathe."