PDA

View Full Version : About the website's name...

Gaius Marius
2011-12-09, 10:18 AM
I was watching for the 1st time Babylon 5 last month, and during season 4, Capt Sheridan said something about the Vorlons and Shadows going at each other:

"Giants in the playground..."

Immediately, I made the association with my favorite forum, and I got thinking... Rich once mentioned in a commentary that some part of his inspiration came from Babylon 5. He even calls JMS "The Master".

So... Is GitP come from Babylon 5? Or there is another reason behind the website's name?

Occasional Sage
2011-12-09, 10:38 AM
I was watching for the 1st time Babylon 5 last month, and during season 4, Capt Sheridan said something about the Vorlons and Shadows going at each other:

"Giants in the playground..."

Immediately, I made the association with my favorite forum, and I got thinking... Rich once mentioned in a commentary that some part of his inspiration came from Babylon 5. He even calls JMS "The Master".

So... Is GitP come from Babylon 5? Or there is another reason behind the website's name?

That's the line. It stems from his WotC days, when he was a guru on chat boards; I don't remember the exact story, but I'm sure somebody'll link to it soon.

Shhalahr Windrider
2011-12-09, 11:20 AM
It’s in da FAQ (http://www.giantitp.com/FAQ.html#faq16), and one of the few answers that aren’t outdated, too.

Roland St. Jude
2011-12-09, 12:45 PM
Sheriff: Indeed.