PDA

View Full Version : Thread delays

MrEdwardNigma
2011-12-12, 11:08 AM
I posted a thread in Structured Games but it has to be approved by a mod first. I was wondering how long this usually takes, and whether I am notified when it has (or has not) been approved?

Usually I instantly subscribe to most threads I post, so I know when there's any activity and I can easily find them, but now that was of course not possible, hence the question.

Thank you.

Zeb The Troll
2011-12-15, 05:35 PM
I don't see any threads awaiting approval. Has it been taken care of already or was there a server error when you tried to submit it?

Normally we'll get to it within a day, sometimes two days. Feel free to send a PM to Alarra and me to let us know it's up if you haven't seen it by then.

MrEdwardNigma
2011-12-15, 07:10 PM
It has been taken care of, but I noted there was no sort of notification, so I needed to check the thread until it popped up. Is there any way to turn a notification like that on or request it?

Zeb The Troll
2011-12-16, 12:02 AM
Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to automatically subscribe to threads you create (I believe this is the default) and then hopefully someone will post in your newly created thread shortly after it's been posted. It's not a sure thing, but it's the best I can offer at this time.

Renegade Paladin
2011-12-25, 12:09 PM
Not that I'm aware of, I'm afraid. Your best bet is to automatically subscribe to threads you create (I believe this is the default)
I don't think it is, actually. I've never messed with any settings that I recall, and I've never been automatically subscribed to my threads.

Of course, it might be the default for new accounts now; when I joined the board was on different software.