PDA

View Full Version : DOUBLE K: Gurren Lagaan as a Buddy Cop

TheAmishPirate
2011-12-12, 03:49 PM
Really, the title says it all. What if Tengan Toppen Guraan Lagaan was a 60's style buddy cop flick? With lots of explosions, cool poses, and MANLY TEARS GALORE?

The answer is obvious: That would be most rad, good sir, but where can I find such a wondrous creation?

The answer is even more obvious: At this site right here. (http://doublek.thewebcomic.com/) But it's certainly more mature subject matter, so kidlets should probably not be clicking that.

Updates are fairly irregular, with bursts of new pages at once. Five more are expected this Saturday. Needless to say, I love this comic to pieces, and I thought it was worth sharing with the rest of the playground. Anybody else read this? Any thoughts?

AtlanteanTroll
2011-12-12, 05:29 PM
It's a pretty good one, yes. I wouldn't call him irregular though. He doesn't have a solid schedule, yes, but at least he isn't the guy behind VG Cats.

Tengu_temp
2011-12-12, 09:25 PM
Ah, good ol' Double K. I can't say I'm a regular reader, but it always brings me amusement when I stumble upon it.

Lord Raziere
2011-12-12, 09:50 PM
Just read the entire thing.

its awesome.

Terry576
2011-12-13, 07:39 AM
Read it three times or so.

I like how all of Kamina's plans revolve around Simon wearing a dress.

TheAmishPirate
2011-12-13, 07:45 PM
Read it three times or so.

I like how all of Kamina's plans revolve around Simon wearing a dress.

I'm honestly half-expecting his first comment after the flashback to be something to the effect of, "It was a good plan and all, but you really should have been wearing a dress."

Dr.Epic
2011-12-13, 08:21 PM
Meh, it's alright. Needs more axe. So it'd be about a cop with an axe. Someone should make a comic about that...some kind of Cop with an Axe. Cop Axe maybe?

Rae Artemi
2011-12-13, 08:22 PM
Okay, this is awesome, but it probably belongs in the webcomics forum, rather than the more general Media Discussions.

Curious
2011-12-13, 08:35 PM
I've read it before, and am a huge fan. The captain captures Gurren Lagann so perfectly that it feels like another parallel works.

Terry576
2011-12-13, 09:39 PM
I'm honestly half-expecting his first comment after the flashback to be something to the effect of, "It was a good plan and all, but you really should have been wearing a dress."

"That way you could have seduced him to tell you what you wanted to know!"

"...Bro I arrested him. In a dress. He would know who I was."

"Not when he was all whacked out from those drill things!"

Flickerdart
2011-12-14, 03:25 AM
I tried getting through it, but it kind of feels like it's trying way too hard to be like Gurren Lagann, and never quite gets it right. It's the Smug Snake to the Gurren Lagann's Magnificent Bastard.

dgnslyr
2011-12-15, 01:22 AM
OH MY GOD WHY IS THIS SO GREAT. HRRRNGH cliffhangers...

Kato
2011-12-15, 04:20 PM
Well, I'll start reading but as Rae said, definitely webcomic forum, not Media discussion.
I'll be back with an opinion later :smallwink: