PDA

View Full Version : The Uncharted Enterprise [A 4E Eberron Campaign] (IC)

Felhammer
2011-12-13, 04:04 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/RHO1/uncharted.jpg
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225119)

As you look into the pearly gray sky above you, you see a Griffin flying amongst the clouds. Such a sight is rare but not unheard of. A rider atop the Griffin spots you and waves, as if telling you to wait for him. After a few tense moments, you realize the Griffin is wearing the cloth emblazoned with the mark of House Valenaran. The Rider brings his beast gently to the ground, dismounts and hands you a rolled parchment. The Rider says that the letter was sent by a Professor Gnomala, a resident of Sharn, and that the letter requires your immediate response.

You unfurl the letter and read its contents.

Dear Adventurer,

I have taken note of your uncanny knack for adventure and require request your services. I am willing to give you a thousand gold advance just for agreeing to see me. Meet me at the Inn of the Prancing Firebeetle in Sharn as soon as you can.

Regards,

Professor Nolan Gnomala

The Rider holds up a large sack, obviously containing the gold. With a few jingles of clanking coins and a little thought, you acquiesce and accept the professor's offer. The Rider hands you the sack, mounts his griffin, gives you a nod and flies off into the sky with a simple command of "Yip Yip."

Sharn is a glorious city, full of wonderment, fantasy and people - hordes and hordes of people. After some searching, you eventually stumble upon the Inn of the Prancing Firbeetle, which lies in the Middle City. The Inn is rather narrow but very tall, perhaps occupying some five floors. The first floor is rather cozy with a few tables and a bar. The second floor has more tables and a small stage (where a beautiful Elven maiden is singing a dirge about some lord called Farstar who perished in the Last War). The third floor has one large dinner table; the fourth floor has several pillows and blankets strewn across the floor, while the fifth floor has several real beds aligned in two rows of five.

The Barkeep is a burly Ogre with a large amount of spittle slowly dripping from his toothless mouth. The waitress, a busty, blonde-haired human female, frantically brings drinks to several patrons, many of the more inebriated of which take a free grope of her rear-end as she skerries about. She doesn't seem to mind though, just another day at work for her.

kladams707
2011-12-13, 07:17 PM
Having spent most of her life in the woods, Shaena was quite overwhelmed by the city. Particularly the amount of people. By the time she arrived at the Inn, she was somewhat surprised at her ability to keep from being crushed by the population. Stumbling in, she looked around, her eyes landing on the intimidating barkeep. She shrugged, figuring she might as well ask someone. She privately wished the good professor had been a bit more specific about where to meet him. Oh well, maybe the barkeep can point me in his direction. She walked up and climbed up the stool, taking a seat. "Excuse me, barkeep. I'm here to meet someone. Perhaps you can point me in the direction of a Professor..." She unfolded the letter to remind her of the name. "...Gnomala.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-13, 07:38 PM
Malorn

Malorn walks up right behind Shaena, and says softly. "I too am looking for the professor." The shifter's cloak billows around him, the shadows seeming to cling to his form.

Felhammer
2011-12-13, 07:47 PM
The Barkeep stares listlessly at the new patrons for a bit, spittle slowly dripping from his mouth. After about of minute of thinking, the Ogre's eyes light up, "You... Mean... Dat... Crazy... Ga-Ga-Ganome?" Each word appears to be a struggle for the musclebound barkeep, the word gnome appears to trip him up for a bit as if he was trying to read the word aloud in his head.

Codemus
2011-12-13, 08:01 PM
Donal

Leaning back in his chair, Donal twirled his mustache as he listened in to the Barkeep stumble with his words. So this guy is serious bout the expidition. Good. He looked around the other tables, checking out the patrons of the establishment.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-13, 08:20 PM
Malorn

"Anyone willing to pay me money in advance just to hear them out could be considered crazy...or they could know my value." Malorn looks sharply at the ogre, sizing him up. "You know the professor, lead me to Gnomala"

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-13, 08:44 PM
Finn

Finn pulls hard on Rengu's reins and unhooks his flail from his belt. The clawfoot looks up expectantly at the griffon as it descends. At Finn's command, the dinosaur crouches down, its serpentine neck coiled and ready to strike at the creature. Both halfling and reptile have their eyes locked on the man and bird-beast closing the distance on them. Slowly, Finn's hand goes to the mask resting on the top of his head. Slowly, he begins to lower it onto his face. Slowly, he lets the spirit of the hunter creep over his senses and--- no. This is no enemy.

The griffon veers away and lands off to the side of Finn and Rengu. The man waves them over and dismounts, flashing a parchment in the air. Finn calms Rengu with a few soothing sounds and steers the clawfoot over to the stranger and his flying mount. Without a word, Finn accepts the scroll from the man and reads it. He hands it back and receives the sack of gold, then turns Rengu away and makes his way to Sharn.

---------------------------------

Finn simply stares up at the stable boy, his gaze revealing nothing. He waits for the boy to stop staring at Rengu before speaking. It doesn't seem the trembling will stop. Keep the horses away from him. And anyone else for that matter. Avoid looking at him as well. He will not bother you. He hands the kid a few extra coins and ropes Rengu up himself in the back. I don't expect to be long he says as he walks back past the boy.

The inn is rather narrow but Finn has little trouble navigating the space. He makes his way to the bar and gestures for the ogre to lean down, Professor Nolan. Where is he?

Felhammer
2011-12-13, 08:54 PM
The Ogre's face contorts as his feeble mind tries to process this many questions. His eyes twitch and his neck kinks hard to the left. The Barkeep picks up a glass and throws it against the far wall, "BOGRE NOT KNOW WHERE GA-GA-GANOME IS!"

After his violent outburst, the Ogre's face slowly returns to its natural, stupefied state. He picks up another glass and begins to clean it, as if nothing had happened.

The busty waitress comes running over and says, "Y'all lookin' fer the Professor? Why he ain't here yet but he should be in soon enough. He likes to come here for a late lunch, every day, after all. Now why don't I get y'all a drink on the house?"

The woman motions for the Ogre to pour four glasses, a task with which he performs with surprising speed and accuracy. When he finishes his duty, a wide smile crosses his face as he yells out, "BOGRE ALL DONE!"

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-13, 09:09 PM
Finn

Finn gives a sidelong glance at the other two asking for the professor, a halfling woman, not from the city it looks like, and a shifter with a dark cloak. Then he hears the glass shatter and the barkeep yelling and his gaze turns back to the massive ogre. His hand instinctively moves to the flail at his belt, a long worn handle of wood and bone with the images of halfling tribes and dinosaur herds migrating through the plains carved into it. Three small stones, polished and adorned with bone studs hang from it by a strong fibrous cord. The barmaid arrives to calm the ogre and his hand falls away from the weapon.

Finn simply nods at her question and then at her suggestion, and accepts only a glass of water. He waits for the professor at a seat by a window where he can get a clear view of the outside.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-13, 09:11 PM
Malorn

"They can train a moron to do anything." Malorn takes his drink and waits for the professor.

Codemus
2011-12-13, 09:22 PM
Donal

Nearly jumping out of his chair when the ogre threw the glass, Donal was now shaking his head and smiling. Late lunch? Well, nothing wrong with a little waiting. Won't be time for lounging around when the job starts.

Leon
2011-12-14, 12:48 AM
Ah, i'd ask how you found me but i gather from the sum involved people have needs and needs have ways.

Zarra secretes the bag into a safe pocket, bids the rider farewell and changes direction for Sharn.

This urban jungle was a popular place for most but it always rankled with Zarra as a impossible creation that would one day just fall to the despair of those in it (she hoped to not be near it on that day) and after some difficultly located the tavern the letter mentioned.

Slipping in she takes a seat at a table in the corner and surveys the room.

oh a ogre, how is that employed in a place like this...

Felhammer
2011-12-14, 01:18 AM
A rather short and stocky gnome with a long white beard, wearing a purple robe and half moon reading glasses enters the establishment. He saunters over to the bar. "Hello Bogre, how are on this fine day? Is the wife doing well? And the kids? Honestly I don't expect you to ever comprehend why I ask these questions but I am a loving, caring individual who likes to keep up the niceties, even with a monstrous behemoth like yourself."

The Barkeep merely nods as he pours the gnome a glass of Chateau Fairhaven.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-14, 01:27 AM
Finn

Leaning back in his chair against the wall, with his boots up on the table and his head turned to the window, Finn wonders how Rengu is faring in the stables with the nervous boy and the horses. Growing impatient, he gives another glance at the bar. This time he sees a gnome there. The ogre mentioned a gnome when questioned about the professor, and this one, with his robe, glasses and beard, looks the part. The halfling warrior kicks his legs off the table and hops of his seat. He walks over to the bar and positions himself in front of the gnome, getting right to the point, Are you the professor that sent for me?

Felhammer
2011-12-14, 01:33 AM
The gnome sips his wine as he replies, "Thousands of people send requests for visitation everyday. I may or may not have sent such a letter to a strapping young Halfling like yourself. I suppose it is incumbent upon you to tell me, the one whom you believe is the individual who sent you a message requesting visitation, the name of the person who sent the aforementioned request."

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-14, 02:04 AM
Finn

Finn frowns, City folk. The name is Professor Nolan. Nolan Gnomala.

Felhammer
2011-12-14, 02:12 AM
The gnome nods, "Then you must be Finn. It is a pleasure to meet me, I'm sure. I suppose we should begin."

The Gnome climbs up onto the bar, "If any of you other rustic bumpkins from the Sovereigns know where were given an invitation to meet me, the world renown archivist, experimental artificer and otherwise brilliant, Professor Nolan Gnomala, then I may direct you to the large rectangular table on the third floor."

The Gnome then hops off the bar and meanders up to the third floor.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-14, 03:16 AM
Finn

Finn raises an eyebrow at the pompous gnome but otherwise maintains his composure. He turns to see who begins to responds after the professor stands on the bar and addresses everyone, and then falls in behind Nolan to follow him upstairs.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-14, 05:22 AM
Malorn

"Aye." Malorn lets out a low growl as he makes his way to the table. He was resisting the urge to gut the little blighter, but only just barely. The hair on the back of his neck stood up stiffly.

kladams707
2011-12-14, 06:33 AM
Shaena

Shaena frowns a bit. Someone's a bit full of themselves. But still, if he thought little of "rustic country bumpkins", then she wanted to know exactly what he had heard about her and why she was contacted. She naturally followed the gnome up the stairs.

Leon
2011-12-14, 06:48 AM
pah, city people

Zarra waits to see if there is anymore movement headed that way before making her way up.

Felhammer
2011-12-14, 11:47 AM
As you climb the spiral stair case to the third floor the gnome hums a tune to himself, though you do no recognize it. As he nears the table, the Professor whips out a wand and calls out "Oilever Silaiceps", as he does an animated red tablecloth maneuvers itself over the table. Once it is firmly in place, a banquet suddenly materializes on the table with all manner of both exotic and mundane foods.

The Professor takes up a seat at the head of the table and looks at the five of you, "Well, aren't you going to sit?"

"I have asked you... People here today so that you can acquire... Certain objects for me. I will pay handsomely for their retrieval, more if you can maintain the ability to not... Disclose the retrieval of such items from any one who... Lives or works at Arcanix or Morgrave University... You see I have had dealings with them and lets us just say... They're feeble minds cannot comprehend the depths of my intelligence."

kladams707
2011-12-14, 05:39 PM
Shaena accepted the invitation to sit down. She smirks a bit at the gnome's grandiose view of himself. My, he's certainly high on himself, she could help but think. "I've usually no problem with keeping secrets. Question is, what exactly are these items you want us to retrieve? Or perhaps more importantly...where are they?"

Felhammer
2011-12-14, 06:58 PM
The gnome takes another sip of his wine before continuing, "Tell me this - what land has the greatest repository of untapped and undiscovered magical objects? Hmm? No one? Well the answer is obvious - Argonnessen. That's right the continent of Dragons, land of mystery. But..." The Gnome shudders, "The Dragons don't take kindly to snooping, much less thiev... Or rather borrowing. The last team I sent there was returned by an angry Black Dragon - their bodies skinned, flayed and reanimated as golems..." The Gnome chuckles, "Still have three of those golems! In fact, have I ever told you I copied their design and sold a horde of them to Karrnath? Ah yes, those undead worshiping blackgards love new forms of creepy shock troops..."

The Professor takes another sip of wine, "So... If Khorvaire is a known quantity and Argonnessen is unattainable, what does that leave us with? If you said Salona and Xen'Drik, then you'd be correct. However, I make it a policy to never to meddle in the affairs of Sarlona... They're scary, revenge-driven folk. So, that thus leaves us with Xen'Drik. That's right, that is where I want you to go! Few have ventured much farther inland than Stormhome, so there must be piles of treasure and magical objects just waiting to be brought back here!"

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-14, 11:57 PM
Malorn

"Not exactly a great recruiter, are you?" The shifter growls. "Why not just kill those that oppose your methods and take control of their organization? Wouldn't that be easier than paying yourself to send out secret parties to...obtain...the items you require?"

Leon
2011-12-15, 12:06 AM
Ah, yes everyone does love to plunder my homeland of its mysteries. Well as long as its not my clans mysteries i am sure that for the right price i can forget about the competition, long as if the opportunity presents its self i am able to undertake my real mission while doing these time filling tasks.

Felhammer
2011-12-15, 12:22 AM
The Gnome stares into the Shifter's eyes, "Believe me, I have sent throngs of assassins into the very bowels of my enemies' institutions but, alas, to no long term avail. I am but one unbelievably brilliant Gnome surrounded by the best help money can buy... Which after the last war has been of fairly poor quality."

The Professor then turns his attention to the Drow, "Ah yes, you are from that gods forsaken continent, aren't you? Honestly, all of you leaf-eared elves look the same to me - who can bother to keep up with all the needless, and quite pointless, racial and cultural phenotypes your people decide to invent? Honestly, the world would be a better place if everyone would just recognize the mind boggling intellectual power I possess in my rather attractive over-sized cranium. I would have all races simply conform to a single, easily identifiable phenotype. That way, every one is the same... Not to mention the extensive breeding programs I would institute that would, after many generations, bring forth a new intelligence to all races..." Gnomala ponders for a moment before stating, "Especially Ogres."

Professor Gnomala then pulls out his wand once more and and points it at the ornate chandelier hovering above the table, "Ightlae Otae Oldgae!" A long strip of radiant white string squirms out of the wand and, eventually, strikes the chandelier, which instantly melts into gold coins which then crash onto the table like rain drops from a monsoon storm.

"See that, we call it GOLD. I hear its used as a form of currency for those who have not yet learned of the glories of astral diamonds. I assume ten thousand gold pieces will cover your expenses for your first expedition?"

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-15, 03:28 AM
Finn

I assume ten thousand gold pieces will cover your expenses for your first expedition?

Not on the floor they won't. The halfling warrior gives the professor an appraising look. Adventure calls to Finn. The professor's casual manner when speaking of his previous employees doesn't rattle the plainsman; he doesn't fear death or the unknown. Instead, the mystery of Xendrik and the wonders to be found seem like what he's been looking for wandering around Khorvaire.

You said certain objects. Are we receiving a list and descriptions of these items? And do you have an idea of where they are located? The better informed we are, the less likely we'll be to end up like your other teams, and the more likely we are to return with treasures. It's for the best if you don't underestimate us. I imagine only a fool would deem to hire those he thought so little of.

With his mane of long dreads, his multiple piercings, and large, body-spanning tattoos, few would guess that Finn was originally born to city halflings. His transition between the rural and the urban is not as fluid as many other halflings that live between the cities and the plains, and he hates to do it, but the gnome is too self-involved for Finn to stay too quite. He speaks slowly, but confidently, despite his accent.

kladams707
2011-12-15, 08:14 PM
Shaena just shook her head at the grandiose gnome, though that was more in reaction to his nature than a negative to his proposal. She just sighed, unbelieving about what she was agreeing to. "You know, your other help might've been motivated by things other than many. But that's beside the point. If you are funding this expedition, then I will indeed be part of it. However, a specific list and location would be nice. Or do you just want us to bring you random trinkets we find?"

Felhammer
2011-12-15, 08:22 PM
Gnomala pounds his fist against the table in anger, "Transportation would have been easy, if that damn Karrn I hired to steal a Lyrandar Airship hadn't double crossed me and sold the ship to Kaius!"

The Professor then stokes his beard for several moments before pointing his finger in the air and declaring, "You'll just have to use my Teleportation Chamber! I invented it for house Orien... They paid me a small fortune for the device..."
The gnome chuckles, "Little did they know I over charged them and constructed two - one for them and one for me!"

"Your first goal will be to go to the small tropical island called Dire Dreadfang Isle. Thousands of years ago, a Giant lived on the island, he called himself Velky (which means big in their tongue). He was an eccentric Giant who desired to create a primordial jungle for his Behemoth pets. When the Elves rose up, they killed Velky and fled the island. Reference to Velky's Scepter, called Zezlo, has only recently been (re-)discovered in ancient Elven texts from Arenal. It is said Zezlo has the power to tame the Behemoths and bend them to your will. I wish to possess this scepter and I am charging you five with finding it!"

The professor then unfurls a map and says, "This is Dire Dreadfang Isle. It's total area is only 5 square miles. I do not know where the Scepter is exactly (the ancient elves were not diligent record keepers). I believe the most likely places would be Velky's Palace - Zamek - located at the center of Dead Man's Lake. It could also be in Pirate Cove, whose name is an unimaginative give-a-way as to who lives there. The final location the scepter is likely to be is at Zlato, an ancient gold mine. Of course given the age if the information, it could be any where on the island."

The Gnome coughs, "There are a few complications however... There are roving bands of violent, xenophobic Drow, principally located around their two major settlements - Tarbot and Voda. Also, a certain young, but very brilliant, scientist may have experimented on the local wildlife... And shortened the Dreadfang's breeding/birthing cycle by 1000%... And... Made a large portion of them undead... And tripled still others' size... So, it is best to say - caution is advised."

Map of the Island http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/RHO1/AA%20Dark%20Sun/Direfang.jpg

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-15, 10:31 PM
Malorn

"I'm assuming you intend for us to work together and split this ten thousand gold pieces...in addition to the sum I can assume you've given to all of us as incentive to show up." He growls towards the others. "But I don't trust strangers. It seems like an awful lot of risk for two grand...three if you include the one that I have proverbially in my pocket, which I don't, as I can walk away with it. Not that I have anything against all of you personally...not yet anyway."

Felhammer
2011-12-16, 08:52 PM
The Gnome laughs, "That's why I hired you! You like money! I promise to pay 20,000 Gold Pieces, each, for successfully obtaining Zezlo. I will give you one quarter now and three quarters when you successfully return."

The gnome points his wand at the table and calls out, "Abletae otae Oldgae!" The table rumbles and shakes; slowly chunks of the table fly off, morphing into gold-colored coins in mid-air. Suddenly the entire table collapses into a heap. The sounds of clanking coins is deafening.

"There we go, 5,000 gold pieces each."

The gnome then tosses you each a bag, "Put the gold in these bags of holding. I'll expect to see you at my laboratory, which is located atop this building, tomorrow at noon. Until then, happy shopping."

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-16, 09:33 PM
Malorn

"What are the odds this gold will turn back into chandelier and table once we reach the other continent?" He says gruffly to the others, taking the bag of holding, and inspecting it with a sniff.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-17, 01:58 AM
Finn

Finn stares at the professor for a long while before moving to get the gold. As he does, he takes care to meet the gaze of anyone taking notice of them. What kind of man drops 35,000 gold pieces on the floor of an inn? In front of any that might have the idea of relieving Finn and the others of it? The thought reminds Finn to grab the gold with confidence and indifference, as if the plan to take it from him would be foolish. Truthfully, it probably would be for many there. Still, he takes no time in gathering the gold and heading back down the stairs, out the door, and to the stables. There he loads up Rengu and leaves the inn behind him until noon the next day.

Can we spend the money the next day?

Felhammer
2011-12-17, 02:01 AM
You can spend it all in Sharn if you'd like :)

kladams707
2011-12-17, 12:12 PM
Shaena shrugs as she puts her share of the gold in her new bag of holding. I'm not sure how I feel about this guy. But I suppose this is an opportunity not to be dismissed. Her body language showed that while she wasn't motivated by money, she knew it never hurt to have some as well. She wasn't sure what she was going to buy with it, but Shaena decided to browse the shops once time permitted, considering the expedition they were about to undertake.

Leon
2011-12-18, 10:59 AM
Then we have a place to sit and plan what we do once we are there

Zarra takes her share and goes to look at the mercantile district

Felhammer
2011-12-19, 03:21 PM
After a day of frivolity and shopping, you arrive back at the Inn of the Prancing Firebeetle. You climb the stairs of the inn, passing the Ogre Barkeep, the stage with the exotic Eleven Bard, the table-less Ding Hall and all the beds. At the top of the stairs lies a small trap door. You give the cord a little yank and the door flops open. Upon climbing into the Professor's secret laboratory your eyes are met by a riot of half-finished, half-conceived experiments - sparking lightning rods, beakers filled with exotic liquids, shelves full of extra fiddle bits of this and that, etc. The roof appears to be retractable, and the lightning rods extendable. Four beds lie in a corner, each with a sheet covering a hulking, non-humanoid mass.

An Orc-Sized, rancid smelling, walking Flesh Golem stumbles over to you, gesturing for you to follow him. He leads you through the maze-like corridors fashioned out of the various shelving units. At the end of the labyrinth, stands Professor Gnomala with a large wrench hoisted against his shoulder. He looks fondly on a 15 foot by 15 foot circular, ebony-colored raised dais. On top of the dais, lie six circular, yellow stone slabs, arranged in a circle.

"This, my friends, is my Teleportation Chamber! It will instantly send you any where I want in the entire world! Ok, not really. I could never get it to work right. It can only send people to Xen'Drik, heavens knows why! The chamber will send you to Dire Dreadfang Isle and leave a ghost image of itself in the location where it dropped you off. If you stand inside the Ghost Image and speak the password, it will return you here. However, the power source of the Chamber is limited, so the Ghost Image will only remain for 7 days."

The Gnome chuckles a bit, "The password I have selected is this - ProfessorGnomalaIsTheMostBriliantBeingOnTheFaceOfE berron."

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-19, 06:22 PM
Malorn

"I'd expect nothing less from a self-absorbed mad scientist." Malorn growls. "You might want to hire a priest to preserve the corpse of your flesh golem, he smells like a garbage heap."

Felhammer
2011-12-19, 06:29 PM
"Priests!" The Gnome scoffs, "Who needs their kind! All they do is look down upon SCIENCE and claim its against their magical-fairy-tale God's will! HA! Who needs 'em I say!"

kladams707
2011-12-19, 06:41 PM
Shaena tired of the professor's bombastic nature. She ignored the smell of the golem, though it was still quite hard on the nostrils. Living in the woods allowed her to tolerate strange smells, but not by much. Just lucky for her she was more focused in exploring this new land. "Are well all ready to step into the unknown?"

Leon
2011-12-20, 01:01 AM
Im thinking a boat home would be preferable to remembering that password

kladams707
2011-12-21, 04:59 PM
Shaena's patience was wearing thing. The longer I have to stay in the presence of this gnome... "If it will get us to the region any faster, I'll remember the damnable password.

Leon
2011-12-21, 11:06 PM
Well then lets be off if you cant wait, you can remember the pass word - saves me from doing so

Related to earlier events -
Zarra spends a little of the money on a few items she wants now and deposits the rest in the nearest branch of the Mror Holds Bank. Getting some converted up into higher values or alternate forms for the small needs that she may encounter.

Gold is very useful to have in the city and a waste of space in the wilds.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-22, 01:43 AM
Finn

Finn does some shopping early the next day and then heads back to the inn as scheduled with the professor. Getting Rengu to remain calm in the cramped quarters with so many strangers around is quite the task, but Finn manages to coax the clawfoot up the many stairs and finally into the professor's lab.

The rancid golem does little to rattle the halfling or his dinosaur mount. Being from the Talenta plains, Finn and Rengu have had plenty of dealings with the Karrnathi and their death squads. Whole units of zombie soldiers marching through the plains, and now guarding some of the Talenta borders in their large towers. Interested only in the mission and the lure of Xendrik, Finn follows the golem and never turns his head to look at anything else in the lab.

Only before the teleportation chamber does Finn decide to take an interest, and mostly because this will be the method of transportation to the ancient continent. When the professor stops speaking, Finn asks, If we can't reach the... ghost image in seven days, what other ways are there off the island? We should have a map of the greater surrounding area.

Felhammer
2011-12-22, 03:40 AM
The Professor scoffs at you, "No, no, no, no, NO! You must return back to the Ghost Image in one week's time. If not... Well I have planned for this. I have a contact in the Pirate Village, a many by the name of Torpedo Fate. He's a captain of a small ship, did some mercenary work for me during the war. He's agreed to, if you cannot get back to the Ghost Image in time, safely return you here... Of course, he will ask for payment... If his reputation during the war is any indication, he will either steal your valuables and bring you to Sharn or hold you for ransom..."

"At any rate," the Gnome slowly corrals each of you into the Teleportation chamber, "Best of luck. The Chamber will teleport you some where along the Midlands River, no idea really, this thing isn't terribly accurate.... You have one week. I do hope to see you again soon..." The Gnome quickly grabs three nearby leavers and yanks them down before you have a chance to object.

Green, amber and azure sparkles slowly rise up from the slab below you. The colors mix and meld with one another, creating a psychedelic cloudscape. Your limbs, then your body, then your head tingle with sensation.

"CRACK!"

The distinctively loud cackle of teleportation magic rings in your ears.

Suddenly, you feel moist soil beneath your feet.

As you look around, the cloudscape slowly dissipates and a dense, tropical forest takes its place. Insect, bird and animal calls can be heard all around you. Off in the distance, you see a small troupe of monkeys foraging for berries on the ground; the biggest monkey gives you the stink eye, as it stands up erect and beats its chest wildly - his screeches are ear piercing. He bears his fangs and looks poised to attack.

Suddenly, the Ghost Image makes a clanking noise, which frightens off all of the monkeys.

OOC:
The Maphttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v614/RHO1/AA%20Dark%20Sun/Direfang.jpg

kladams707
2011-12-22, 09:40 PM
Shaena didn't have time to take notice of the monkeys scurrying. The trip was quite disorienting for her, used to more natural modes of transportation. She took the time to gather her bearings. The halfling look toward the others as she brushed herself off. "So, whose ready to start walking?

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-22, 09:46 PM
Malorn'

The shifter snarls at the fleeing monkeys, and moves around the area the ghost image inhabits, sniffing the air.

"This place smells like death and fouled magics...lets get this done."

Felhammer
2011-12-22, 11:14 PM
To Malorn: You spot a Drow, in camouflage paint, watching you from a nearby tree.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-23, 03:48 AM
Finn

Finnan narrows his eyes at the professor, Save your breath. I've no interest in your pirate friend. Without a map of the surrou-- suddenly the gnome yanks down on three levers and the contraption is activated. Rengu hisses and snaps his jaws, agitated by the display. Finn keeps a tight grip on the reins but can do little to calm the animal; it's all he can do to keep his own senses during the strange journey.

His eyes still shut, Finnan feels Rengu calm before anything else. The clawfoot is still tense, but he's stopped wrenching at the bit and raking the ground beneath him. Finn opens his eyes and just catches the strange colors dissipating, revealing a jungle around him and the others. The others. Finnan glances around and sees that everyone else has made it intact. A clanking noise sounds from the ghost image and he hears screeches in response, only now noticing the monkeys for the first time as they scurry away. Taking a breath, he tightens his pack and unhooks his flail from his belt, Wretched gnome...

This place smells like death and fouled magics...lets get this done.

Finnan gives the shifter an appraising look. He looks and acts like he'll be useful out here in the jungle. The halfling hops up onto Rengu's back, Right. We need to know where we are. He looks out in every direction to see if any high ground can be spotted through the forest. Once we get the lay of the land we can use the map he gave us.

Felhammer
2011-12-23, 04:42 AM
From your current vantage point, you can't see much as the canopy above you is rather thick. However, you spy, through a small opening, a fairly tall mountain jutting up almost like a massive pyramid to the south-west.

To Everyone:
I have constructed a Map of the environs around you. Due to the limitations of the program, I can only make the map 20 squares wide. The map is, however, not restricted by height, which currently stands at 59 squares.

Note you guys are in a Jungle but I do not want to play the "everyone moves through difficult terrain constantly" game. Thus, the terrain (represented by Light Green) is considered open enough for you to move normally. However, from a fluff/flavor perspective, this terrain is full of tall grasses, skinny trees, bamboo, etc.

Having said that, the Dark Green terrain represents a patchwork of dense undergrowth that does hamper movement.

The Brown squares represent really large trees that fill in enough of a square to make it impassible. You may, however, climb the trees, by making a climb check.

For your convenience, I have added a Legend at the top with Notes describing what each color means mechanically.

You may, at first, have difficulty finding your characters. That is because you guys are currently centered around row 37.

LINK (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdFJ0N1hkNTdWTkJwTVREVS0xbXJlV Wc)

To Malorn: The Drow is in square square F-35. I would mark it on the map but everyone else failed their perception checks, so I do not want to tip them off before you have a chance to react.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-23, 06:29 AM
Malorn

The shifter snarls. "don't look now, but there is a drow watching us from over there.". Malorn shifts his eyes to the direction of the drow. He settles his focus on the drow.

placing a shroud on the drow, my feat prevents him from being able to tell he is shrouded

Leon
2011-12-23, 07:02 AM
Makes a change i guess than being watched by the Drow over here

kladams707
2011-12-24, 12:59 PM
Shaena pretended not to hear Malorn. Instead she attempted to look through the corner of her eye, using her peripheral vision to find the drow Malorn had originally spotted. "So, what shall we do about it," she inquired, not really interested in it right now since it hadn't made any move.

Spot: [roll0]

Felhammer
2011-12-24, 05:50 PM
The Drow is located about halfway up a tall tree. He is painted in camouflage colors, he carries a large blowpipe in hand. He appears to not have realized you have taken notice of him.

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-26, 02:18 AM
Finn

The gnome mentioned violent dark elves. He looks to Zarra, Well? Any chance to talk him down? Finnan's grip tightens on his flail and his other hand releases Rengu's reins to hover near the mask atop his head. No sense in waiting for him to call for aid. Whatever we do, let's do it quick.

Finnan figures Zarra can lend some insight into her people.

kladams707
2011-12-27, 03:16 PM
Shaena awaited Zarra's answer. She didn't see any reason to fight the drow if they didn't have to. But she was well prepared to do so should it come tothat.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-27, 11:47 PM
Malorn

"I could talk him down....or...."

Malorn settles his malice on the drow, then leaps into Zarra's shadow, appearing in the tree next to the drow, smiling.

"I don't want to kill you, nobody is paying for you to die, so maybe we can be friends and you can help us find something that our employer sent us to find. Or I can gut you like a pig." He says in common.

Use Assassin's Shroud on the drow (my feat only allows me to use it without the target knowing if I am not detected by them).

Shadow Step to F34 at the height of t he drow if possible, if not at the base of the tree.

[roll0]

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-28, 02:36 AM
Finn

Finnan gives the shifter a pained look. He had no reason to think the shifter should be the one to approach the drow as an alternative to combat. But before he finishes his sentence, Malorn vanishes. Finnan looks around to try and spot the man, but hears someone speaking behind him. He looks back to see Malorn in the tree, speaking to the drow. Balinor's horns, he mutters, what is he thinking?

Felhammer
2011-12-28, 03:18 AM
The drow stands, mouth agape, for a moment at the sudden appearance of the newcomer. He regains his composure and says, "Outlander, you cannot be trusted. I have no quarrel with you - I was merely hunting when your fel magic brought you here. My people do not take kindly to thieves nor trespassers. Furthermore, it is Egg Month, a dangerous time to be on this island. I warn you, leave this place before it is too late."

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-28, 11:47 AM
Malorn

"If it were really my choice, I wouldn't be here, but choosing not to be here involves making a megalomaniac mad, and I'm not that stupid. Let me rephrase my request. Help us or I'll kill you."

If I can: free action to place a second shroud on the drow.

Trying to get a feel for the drow: [roll0]
[roll1]

Felhammer
2011-12-28, 03:17 PM
The Drow clenches his blowpipe tightly and yells, YOU N'WAH! I should kill you where you stand for your insolence! What is it you want? Gold, like the other outlanders?

Shroud is placed.

He's both petrified and angry at you.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-28, 04:27 PM
Malorn

"We are looking for a trinket, the sceptre of some fool of a giant named Velky who made the jungle here. Help us find it, and we will leave you and your island alone. If not..."

He focuses deeper, placing another shroud on the drow.

Using imminent death as a motivator. Should have three shrouds on him now.

Felhammer
2011-12-28, 05:22 PM
The drow grows angry, "I cannot allow you to steal the Scepter, it is a holy relic to my people. I do not wish to kill you but," he gives the slightest nod towards his blowgun, "If you force me, I will."

Leon
2011-12-28, 07:53 PM
Stand down native, i've not know him long but i feel that he's eager for some blood and i'd rather not see it sated on fellow Drow until absolutely necessary

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-28, 08:55 PM
Malorn

Malorn turns to his ally. "I'm not eager for blood...just eager to get out of this stinking jungle. I figured out what it smells like....drow." The shifter turns to the drow that is becoming rapidly hostile. "We've been given little information on this relic. I thought it was just a worthless staff that some stupid wizard would pay a lot for. If its valuable to your people, that does change things. Why do you hold it so dear? Is there anything you'd be willing to exchange for it?"

I will not put an additional shroud on him this turn. But I'll keep the three that are there.

Felhammer
2011-12-28, 09:38 PM
There is something our clan would be willing to trade for the Scepter... But it is our tradition that Outlanders can only make deals with the Elders. If you surrender your weapons, I will take you to our village.

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-28, 11:43 PM
Malorn

"Right, and as soon as I give up my weapons you either kill us, or march us into your village to have them kill us. Where is this village of yours, and how long will it take to get there? Last thing I want is to go into drow-town at night when you blend into the night."

[roll0]

Felhammer
2011-12-29, 12:52 AM
It is not our custom to slay Outlanders who are unarmed. I can guarantee you safe passage to the village, which lies about a half mile from here, due north-east. If no deal can be struck between yourselves and the Elders, you will be allowed to leave the village in peace.

You can tell he is not being completely honest about something. His voice trembles, with spite or with fear, you cannot say which, when he utters the word "Elders".

Dr.Samurai
2011-12-29, 02:30 AM
Finn

Finnan keeps his grip on his flail, but doesn't lower his bone hunter's mask. He clicks his tongue and Rengu turns and walks over to the tree with the shifter and drow in it. He glances at the drow and then looks to Malorn, What is being said?

tigerusthegreat
2011-12-29, 07:27 AM
Malorn

"The drow have the scepter, and might be willing to trade it to us if we do something for the elders. This one insists that if we want to speak to the elders, we have to surrender our weapons to do so, but promises us safe passage if we do so. Not sure I like that idea, sounds like an ambush, but maybe if its just one of us, that way the rest could stand to rescue him if something goes down."

kladams707
2011-12-29, 07:37 AM
Shaena continues to keep her distance. The halfling didn't want to feel as though the group was making their move against the drow, crowding him. Instead, she watches the tenuous interaction, which seemed to be going better than she expected. She wasn't sure what was being said, but hopefully the pair would soon reveal some sort of deal to the rest of the group.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-01, 08:13 PM
Malorn

"I will make you a deal, drow. I will surrender my weapons to my friends before entering your village. They are not to be harassed by your people, and you will let me enter, speak with the elders, and leave unmolested, and after that, allow us to leave the area around your town unharmed. If you breach any of these terms, I will rip out your heart and show it to you before you die."

Felhammer
2012-01-01, 08:55 PM
The Drow Ponders for a moment before speaking, "They will not be allowed to approach the village and must stay near the Ghost Tree. I will then escort you inside and we shall see what the Elders have to say."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-01, 10:01 PM
Malorn

"How far from your city is this ghost tree? And what is its significance?"

Felhammer
2012-01-01, 11:01 PM
The Tree is where the spirits of our ancestors reside. The Ghost Tree lies a few hundred feet from the outskirts of our village.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-01, 11:08 PM
Malorn

"Fine." Malorn leaps down from the tree and hands his khopesh to one of the others in the party, before walking back to the base of the tree. "Come down little drow, and lets go to meet your elders."

Felhammer
2012-01-02, 11:10 PM
The Drow hops out of the tree and begins to walk, each of you follow suit. The journey is long and difficult, the dense underbrush forms a maze of meandering, green corridors that would be impossible for anyone except a native to navigate. As your travel closer and closer to the Ghost Tree, the clouds above grow darker and darker until finally letting loose with huge raindrops that batter your skin like tiny lakes.

After about a half hour of walking you arrive at the edge of a grassy crater, roughly 50 feet by 50 feet. At the center of the crater lies a very large, eerily white tree with large amber leaves. Surrounding the tree is an blue aura with what appear to be ivory-colored spirits racing in and out of the glowing phenomena.

Several Drow prostrate themselves before the tree, barely taking note of your presence.

Four spear-wielding Drow soldiers approach. Your Drow friend merely gives them a wave and the Soldiers stand at the ready eying the new comers coldly.

Marlorn surrenders his weapon to a friend and is led through the wood-and-vine gate and into the village proper. Only one structure is made of permanent material - a central, rectangular hall made of wood. Emblazoned above the entrance is the symbol of the Devourer. The rest of the structures in the village are animal-skin yurts of varying sizes and shapes. Many of the villagers stare at you with a mixture of awe and disgust.

Your Drow friend merely increases his pace and ushers you into the central hall.

The Hall is completely dark, with the exception of the door, there are no openings what so ever. The air is musty and stale. A voice from ahead of you yells, "Miks sa tulid?"

Your friend calls out, "See autsaider on ettepaneku."

Another voice, this time from your left replies, "Miks sa ei tapa teda?"

Your friend replies, "Ta oli koos liitlastega. See oleks tähendanud surma minu jaoks. Ma ei julge sööda Fury."

A voice from the right states, "Ma eeldan, te ei soovi meilt meid õgima selle läbi lander ja tarbivad oma hinge eest?"

Your friend once more, "No. Please speak in the tongue of the Outlander. He does not understand us."

The first voice, from in front of you, says, in common, "Outlander, our devoted son says you have a proposal?"

Felhammer
2012-01-02, 11:15 PM
To everyone else:

A Drow Child completes his prostration ritual and saunters over to you. He looks you over each in turn before saying, "You don't look like no Scallywags. Why'd you come here Outlanders?"

The Spear-wielding soldiers nod in approval of the child, their hands tighten around their weapons in preparation for any assault on the child.

kladams707
2012-01-03, 09:38 AM
The halfling looks down at the child and then the soldiers. "Well, we were sent here to explore this land," Shaena responded, which was indeed true. She decided it was best not to mention anything else. "Apparently we were the only ones crazy enough to accept," she continued, keeping an eye on the soldiers. She too was ready, should the soldiers assault them.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-03, 12:25 PM
Finn

Finnan's eyes widen at mention of the scepter and he scowls. He gives the drow a hard look, wondering who mentioned the ancient artifact first. The idea of letting Malorn go in alone and without weapons does not sit well with Finnan, but the shifter seems confident he will be safe. Still, it is too simple that they would find the scepter immediately upon arriving at the island. If the drow have it, then we have little choice. He gives the drow one more appraising look before turning away from them and explaining to the others the deal struck between it and Malorn.

--------------------------------

The way to the village is tough, though Rengu has an easier time than others finding his footing and hopping over fallen trees or thick patches of undergrowth. Eventually, they make it to a large crater, and within lies the Ghost Tree. Finnan slows down as he takes it in. Spirits can be seen flitting in and out of the blue light surrounding the large white tree, and the drow before them prostrate themselves in worship and reverence. The halfling grimaces. He too worships his ancestors. It would be a shame to have to fight their way out of here on this sacred ground. The approaching soldiers pull the halfling from his private thoughts, but their guide waves them away. Still, Finnan returns their cold stare. As Malorn departs, Finn grabs him by the shoulder, It's too quick. I don't expect our journey to be over so soon. Be... cautious. And give us a signal if there is trouble. Finnan glances past Malorn into the village and then exchanges a knowing look with the shifter. The group can't fight their way into the village to rescue him if need be, but if Malorn can warn them ahead of time of betrayal, they may be able to escape with their own lives.

He watches the drow and shifter leave for a moment then turns to survey the area around them, looking for any potential routes of escape. The drow likely know the surrounding jungle well, and if trouble happens and they are overwhelmed, it would make sense to run back to the image of the contraption the Professor sent them through. He resigns himself to a staring match with the drow guards until Malorn returns.

Perception check - [roll0] - To get a feel of the terrain around the crater, the number of drow in and around the crater, and the village.

Felhammer
2012-01-03, 01:27 PM
To Everyone but Malorn:

The child looks confused, "Why on Eberron would you come 'ere? It ain't like dis is a place fer a shorty like you."

Felhammer
2012-01-03, 01:37 PM
To Everyone except Malorn:

There appear to be just two paths through the labyrinth of undergrowth - the way you came and another passage directly opposite. The way to the village is clear as well however, the settlement's walls and (probable) defenses make it a poor choice for an escape route.

The oldest of the Drow guards stares unblinkingly into Finn. His weathered, wrinkled, pockmarked skin looks like old leather stretched tightly over bone. His red eyes burn with the fire of the sun. He remains motionless, his cold stare could send shivers down one's back.

kladams707
2012-01-03, 04:58 PM
Shaena remained silent for awhile, thinking of a response to the child's question. In a tone that conveyed several meanings she replied with but one word. As a sigh escaped her lips, she said "Escape"]

Felhammer
2012-01-03, 05:51 PM
To everyone else:

The small child smiles as he says, "I like you shorty!" He walks up close to you and whispers, "The Cap'n ir'Frog will like ya too. If ya get a chance, you should go see him. He's really nice, like you!"

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-03, 08:41 PM
Malorn

"My employer has sent me here in search of an artifact, a scepter that this drow has told me you hold dear. I asked him if there was any way you would part with it, and he claimed there might be something you are willing to exchange for it. I offer my services, and those of the other outlanders I travel with, to you in exchange for the scepter."

Malorn smiles at the elders. "I have shown you the respect of coming here unarmed, and I appreciate your agreeing to meet with me."

Diplomacy check: [roll0]
To see what the general vibe i get from the elders[roll1]

kladams707
2012-01-03, 09:46 PM
To everyone else:

Shaena smiled weakly at the young drow. She didn't really mind being called shorty, and seemed she made a connection. Though she was unsure of how long it would last. "Then hopefully I will get the chance,"

Felhammer
2012-01-04, 07:21 PM
To Malron: The voices remain silent for several minutes before the one to your left flatly states, "The Scepter is a Holy Relic to our people. It was thought mere legend until a Gnome unearthed it some fifty years ago. Though considered sacred, the Scepter has brought much suffering to those on the island - since it was unearthed the Dreadfang population has skyrocketed and powerful undead varieties now stalk the jungles... Many of the Undead Dreadfangs also possess the innate ability to alter their size, growing to the size of the largest trees or miniaturizing down to the size of tiny Firegeckos. We would be more than happy to give you the scepter but... It was stolen from this very Hall. However... We do know who the thieves are - our dreaded enemy The Drow King! He sent his Tapja..."

The voice to your right speaks, "Hmmm, you do not have an equivalent for it in your language... Tapja are dark assassin who uses Fire Magic."

The left voice continues, "Yes, Topja are very dangerous. The Drow King has long coveted the Scepter. It was only a matter of time before he would attempt to steal it. Unfortunately, he attacked during the Muna Tana, or Great Egg Hunt. It is a time when the whole village goes out and gathers Dreadfang eggs, for the banquet celebrating the return of the Scepter."

To Everyone else:
"Well you should meet 'im. He's the best damn pirate 'dis side of sharn!"

The boy then looks over to Finn, "That's a right good lookin' raptor you got there Smalls. Mind if I take 'im out fer a lil' ride?"

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-04, 09:13 PM
Malorn

"Then it sounds like there is an easy agreement. Point me in the direction of this Drow King, and my allies will rip his heart out, and recover the scepter. If it has caused you so much trouble, you will not mind us removing it from the island, and taking it to our employer."

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-05, 01:42 AM
Outside, near the crater...
Finn

Finn groans inwardly as the kid takes an interest in him and Rengu. He finally turns his gaze from the old drow guard, likely the captain, with a sigh, and gives the drow boy a sidelong glance. 'Fraid not kid. Not that I mind. But Rengu here, he gives the clawfoot a pat on the neck, well... he's not fond of strangers. 'Specially those small enough to be his meal. The boy's presence has the guards on edge, and Finn can't risk Rengu striking at the child while Malorn is still within the confines of the village. Still, Finnan tries to keep things cordial. He cracks a smile and says, So what do we call you? If I'm Smalls and she's Shorty, you've got to be Tiny right?

Felhammer
2012-01-05, 02:07 AM
To everyone else:

I ain't tiny, Smalls," the words drips with condescension, "I'm called Talls! Get it' cause I'm taller 'dan you two. Hence why I get the cool nickname!" Talls then edges closer to the raptor, "I bet I could get 'im ta like me! Just gotta have tha' right incentive... At least dats what ole' Cap'n ir'Frog says, dat he does."

To Malron:
The voices ponder silently before the left most voice begins, "We will allow you to act as our agents and kill the Drow King. However, his island is steeped in mysticism and ancient magicks. You will need to obtain certain items to, not only get to his isle, but to enter his keep and rob him of his demonically given immortality."

The central voice says, "First, you will need to find the Legendary Blade of Sampu. The blademaster created the potion of immortality, a potion the Drow King stole. Sampu is said to have bathed the Sword in the only known counter-agent. Currently, the Sword is enshrined inside the caldera of Roaring Mountain. As you can expect, the Drow King has attempted to besiege the temple many times but has been beaten back by the Sula Goblins, who were charged with the blade's protection, time and again."

The right most voice continues, "Obtain the blade and bring it back here and we shall perform a sanctifying ritual to draw forth its magic. After that, you will need to obtain passage to the island and then sla..."

The voice is interrupted by your Drow friend, "Elders, let us not burden our new ally with all of the details."

The voices murmur in agreement, "Yes. Go forth and obtain the blade. We will begin the necessary work for the later stages of your task."

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-06, 02:31 AM
Back at the crater...
Finn

Finnan smirks when the kid gets offended and lashes out. For a hunter and a warrior of the Talenta Plains, that hunts behemoths and fights the Valenar Elves and the undead minions of the Karrnathi, the halfling has no concerns over his height. Still, he enjoys the irony of the situation, letting the tall kid get worked up over nothing. Look kid, Tiny's as good a name as Stalls. Finn then makes a show of whiffing the air and getting a bad smell, Though I guess one name is more fitting than the other. Stalls it is then.

He becomes deadly serious as the kid moves closer to Rengu, though, pulling the clawfoot back away from the child, Back off kid, I don't care what your captain has to say. Rengu ***** his head to one side, giving the child an almost quizzical look. Finnan pulls on the reins and whistles to the guards and points at Stalls, Keep the kid back. I don't want any trouble.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-06, 07:00 AM
Malorn

At the Drow City

"Very well, I will return with the blade. I assume bearing it will not count as me being armed when entering your city?"

Felhammer
2012-01-06, 02:09 PM
To Everyone else:
Talls looks at Smalls straight in the eye, "THE NAME IS TALLS, not STALLS! You're doing that on purpose! Well bad news fer you! You ain't in my club any more! And your raptor is big and stupid!" You can almost see a few tears flow out of his eyes before he turns around and runs into the village.

To Malron:
Your drow friend leads you out of the Hall and back to the village gates. As you near, a small Drow child runs past you, tears in his eyes.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-07, 11:18 AM
Back at the crater...

Finn

Finn visibly relaxes as the kid runs off, watching Talls leave until he is beyond the village gates. There Finnan can just see Malorn returning with his escort. Good, the halfling grumbles, let's get out of here. He tries to discern if the meeting was successful or not, but can't see if the shifter is carrying the scepter.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-07, 11:31 AM
Malorn

Ignoring the crying kid, Malorn makes his way back to the Ghost Tree, and his companions.

Once he is reunited with his companions; Malorn relates the store of meeting with the elders.

"They will give us the scepter, but the problem is the Drow King has it. He's immortal, powerful, and some other nasty stuff. They are willing to help us, but first we have to retrieve the Blade of Sampu from some shrine on the caldera of the Roaring Mountain. We have to worry about the Sula Goblins, who are the Blade's guardians, but we might be able to convince to help us, and the Drow King's minions, who are trying to besiege the temple. There's more for us to do after that, but that we will worry about later." He retrieves his khopesh from his companions.

Felhammer
2012-01-07, 03:48 PM
The Guards stationed near you wince at the mere murmur of the Drow King's name.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-08, 02:52 AM
Finn

It seems when we were told they had the scepter, someone was being loose with his words. Why do they send us against their own king?

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-08, 09:50 AM
Malorn

"Does it matter? Its probably a self-proclaimed thing; like if I were to say I was king of the Shifters. Doesn't mean anything, except this guy has the power to back things up."

Malorn growls. "I knew the drow was lying about something, but it was hard to say what. That's why I didn't want all of us going in there, in case it was a trap. I could probably get out easier than the rest of you. We should get moving to the caldera."

kladams707
2012-01-08, 06:22 PM
Let's go then, Shaena said, eager to move on. Partly because she wanted to explore. the other? She didn't want to stay any longer to allow the drow to change their mind.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-09, 12:57 AM
Finn

Finnan shrugs at Malorn, If he lied about the scepter the first time, who's to say this king has it? It is strange. But if this is where the scent takes us, then we must follow it.

Is there a guide to lead us, or do we go by their direction?

Felhammer
2012-01-09, 01:01 AM
The Drow that lead you here pipes up, "I can lead you to the path leading up the volcano."

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-09, 07:20 AM
Malorn

"Then lead on." Malorn watches the guard for anything fishy, as well as keeping his eyes on the path around them.

Felhammer
2012-01-10, 06:38 AM
The drow nods and leads you into the jungle. The underbrush is thick and the trees large. Your journey is long and tiringas you slowly hack and weave your way through the forest. Along the way you see many indigenous creatures, including monkeys, lizards, birds and particularly large bats.

While on one of the many knolls of the foothills leading towards Roaring Mountain, you chance upon a Dreadfang waging combat against a Blue Slaadd, several lava creatures and a Drow decked out in a large bark tiki mask with grandiose red and black feathers attached, oviously simulating eye brows and lips. The Dreadfang appears to be winning the fight as he devours one of the lava creatures alive. However the Drow Fire Mage hurls flaming bolts of magic at the beast while the lava warriors attempt to distract the Dreadfang. Meanwhile the Slaad belts out chortles of glee as the behemoth is struck by fire and cackles maniacally as the beast takes a bite out of a lava warrior, only to burn its tongue in the process.

Your Drow friend crawls up through some dense underbrush to get a better look. He whispers, "A Slaad, who are devilish servants of the Drow King, is killing a Dreadfang. I believe we can sneak around them if we..."

The Drow is, however, interrupted as a stream of liquid magma cascades out from a near by tree. The lava strikes his head, melting it instantly, leaving only a shallow pool of magma where his head once sat. As you look up into the tree, you spot a glowing being composed entirely of lava. He holds a black rod above his head in two hands and howls in victory.

ROUND 1

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdEVWdW1Ha1hpMHZEZ013Ny1NdWROU Hc

Enemies:
Dreadfang: AC 33, Fortitude 31, Reflex 28, Will 27

Slaadd: AC 29, Fortitude 29, Reflex 25, Will 24

Fire Mage: AC 30 (34 against ranged attacks); Fortitude 27, Reflex 30 (34 against ranged attacks), Will 32

Lava Warrior: AC 31; Fortitude 30, Reflex 26, Will 27, MINION

Initiative:
You guys, then the bad guys

Leon
2012-01-10, 09:08 AM
Elemental Spirits (Cold):
Lava Warrior:
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Warriors of Rime strike down the Foe of Flame

kladams707
2012-01-10, 02:34 PM
Shaena quickly found herself outside of her comfort zone. Rather than remain, she moved quickly away from the monster in front of her and behind her comrades. The halfling just as rapidly drew her bow, firing two bolts at the lava warrior.

Move: Shift to M22
Minor: Draw shortbow
Standard: Twin strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

Statblock:

Shaena Tryn (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=348641), Halfling Bard|Ranger, Sharpshooter
Init +13 HP 95/95 Bloodied 47 Healing Surge 23 (0 used /7)
AC 27 Fort 22 Reflex 25 Will 25 Speed 6
Str 8 (-1) Con 13 (+1) Dex 19 (+4) Int 10 (0) Wis 14 (+2) Cha 21 (+5)

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-10, 05:45 PM
Finn

Finn gives the drow a hard look after the dark elf offers to guide them to the volcano, but figures at this point it'd be a pretty elaborate ruse if these drow intended to double-cross them. He still has Rengu and his flail, so if a betrayal is to come, he won't go down without a fight.

Falling in line, he follows the drow with the others into the jungle. The trip is long and tedious, and the many creatures moving through the dense foliage combined with the poor visibility has Rengu on edge the entire time. Finn is fighting with the clawfoot most of the way to keep it on the trail behind the drow and not running off into the jungle chasing prey.

As they approach a knoll in the foothills of the mountains, Rengu's demeanor changes. No longer is the clawfoot fighting to chase down prey. Now, Rengu has slowed, entering a low crouch and keeping very quiet. He begins to sniff the air, the small flat nostrils on his snout rising with every intake. Then the familiar roar of a dreadfang reaches Rengu and Finnan's ears, and the clawfoot gets very animated. Finn clicks in its ear and offers commands in some strange tongue. Rengu stops moving, but is still trembling, eyes locked in the direction of the sound.

The drow guide confirms that a dreadfang is up ahead, battling something called a slaad and another drow, with creatures made of lava. Before he can offer a suggestion, the elf's head is melted by a stream of lava, one of those creatures he had just mentioned roaring victoriously up in a nearby tree.

Zarra and Shaena quickly engage. Finnan takes in the scene before them. The drow mage and the slaad are trying to burn the dreadfang, which is surrounded by the lava creatures. Finnan tries to lead Rengu to the drow and the slaad creature, wanting nothing more than to smash their skulls in for attacking the dreadfang in this way. But Rengu has other plans. The clawfoot cannot betray its instincts and its training. On the Talenta Plains, Rengu and Finn would be harrying the mighty behemoth, either protecting a traveling caravan, a tribe's domesticated herd, or putting an old wounded beast down. Rengu cannot be led away from this battle despite Finn's zealous commands.

The halfling curses. Daggertail! Alright! I'll take the dreadfang, stop those thrice-damned bloody beasts, he says, pointing at the mage and the slaad. He whips his mask down on his head and lets out a string of clicks and whistles. Rengu, bristling with anticipation, snaps into action, cawing and snapping at the dreadfang. But Finn takes him around, positioning himself in the midst of the battle. He rears his head back and so does Rengu, both crying out into the air. The halfling's language is unrecognizable, and Rengu's cry is a series of barks and squawks. But everyone fighting understands a challenge when they hear it. The dreadfang and the lava warriors close in on Finn and Rengu and the halfling lashes out with his mighty flail.

Minor Action - Draw Flail.
Move Action - Move to O-15 (provoking from Lava Warrior 2, Finn has AC 34 vs. OAs)
Standard Action - Come and Get It w/ CA (superior reflexes)
Attack vs. Will - Dreadfang - [roll0]
Attack vs. Will - Lava Warrior 2 - [roll1]
Attack vs. Will - Lava Warrior 3 - [roll2]
Attack vs. Will - Lava Warrior 4 - [roll3]
Damage - [roll4]
Effect - All enemies attacked are Marked by Finn until the end of Finn's next turn.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-10, 06:06 PM
Finn

The lava warriors take up Finn's challenge and are destroyed for it, as his Flail crushes their skulls and the liquid bodies cascade to the jungle floor. The dreadfang doesn't take up the challenge immediately though, the drow mage and slaad taking up its attention for the moment. Finn looks upon the great beast with pity. The dreadfang is a young male, strong, but now wounded with great burn marks over its body. Putting it down may be a mercy. Finn calls out in a strange tongue that sounds roughly like the calls of the behemoths.

Finn can speak with other animals of his beast's kind, so he'll try to explain to the dreadfang to flee while he and the others battle the mage and slaad. What kind of check would that be?

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-10, 06:14 PM
Malorn

Watching the drow's head melt, the Shifter frowns. "Darn, I wanted to kill him." Turning his attention to the Slaadi, he smiles grimly. "Which shall be the first to taste my blade? Perhaps YOU!" He yells pointing out one of them, then his form becomes vague, disappearing to those who are far from him. To the Slaad in question, doom must seem to come from every angle, as the assassin is somewhere on the battlefield.

Free: Shroud on E16 Slaad; use my Death Shroud Ki's Encounter power to place a second Shroud on the E16 Slaad.

Standard: Using Echoing Threat (Encounter Power) on E16 Slaad [roll0]
If Hit: [roll1] Psychic Damage; At the end of target's Next Turn if any creatures are within range 2 of it, it takes another 10 psychic damage.

At the beginning of my turn (even if I miss) I may teleport up to 3 squares as a minor action, but must end my movement closer to the target.

Minor: Use Cloak of Shades (Encounter). I gain concealment to all creatures and am invisible to creatures more than 5 squares away until the end of my next turn.

[roll2] to hide using Assassin's Cloak feat. I am assuming since I am invisible to some creatures, it counts for the use of the ability. if not, disregard.

Move: Move to E22 (moving behind the tree).

Felhammer
2012-01-11, 05:54 AM
Your surprise attack was very successful, seeing all of the Lava-creatures dispatched without breaking a sweat. Their corpses quickly burn into the ground before cooling into a dense, jagged lump of black rock.

The Slaad stops laughing and yells, "YOU KEEEL MY ZERVEEEEENTZ! NOW I KEEEEL YOU!" The frog-like creature rears his head back. A massive bulge appears in his throat, slowly working its way to his mouth. Once there, the Slaadd whips his head forward and launches a white egg with blue tiger stripes. The Egg flies forward and belts Fin in the left shoulder. The egg drops to the ground and cracks open - a Swarm of tiny frogs burst out and assault Finn. Each frog, no more than a few inches long, would be easily dealt with alone but... A hundred? Their tongues lash out, searing his exposed flesh while leaving visible burn marks on his armor.

The Tiki Mask-wearing Drow Fire Mage remains silent, even as he is struck by an attack. The Mage holds up a long black rod, points it at Zarra and yells, "YOU ARE A BLOOD TRAITOR TO YOUR OWN KIND!" As he spits his words out, a glowing orb of fire forms in front of his weapon, "DEATH TO YOU WRETCH!" As he yells his command, the Orb races forward and strikes Zarra's right leg.

Finn can see the anguish in the Behemoth's eyes - he's terrified and ready to lash out at anyone and everyone. Finn tries to reason with the beast but to no avail. The battle has tilted his mind and forced the creature into a blood rage. After swinging his head this way and that, the Dreadfang charges the Fire Mage. The earth below rumbles as the great beast races over to his chosen victim. The Dreadfang opens his maw and, in one fell swoop, swallows the Fire Mage whole.

ROUND 2

Recap of The Enemies' Attacks:
Lava Warrior's Opportunity Attack against Finn's AC: 37 to hit. If hit, you take 7 Fire Damage and 5 On Going Fire Damage.

Slaadd's Egg Attack against Finn's AC: 37 To hit. If hit, you take 14 damage and are knocked Prone.

Flame Frog Swarm's Attack against Finn's Ref: 29 to hit. If hit, you take 15 Fire Damage and 5 Ongoing Fire Damage.

Fire Mage's Blaze Bolt Attack against Zarra's Ref: 30 to hit. If hit, you take 20 Fire damage and are knocked Prone.

Map: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdEVWdW1Ha1hpMHZEZ013Ny1NdWROU Hc

Enemies:

Fire Mage: AC 30 (34 against ranged attacks); Fortitude 27, Reflex 30 (34 against ranged attacks), Will 32

Flame Frog Swarm: AC 31, Fortitude 28, Reflex 27, Will 27
---- NOTE: This Creature has an Aura 1: Any enemy that starts its turn within the aura takes 7 damage plus 5 extra damage for each Flame Frog Swarm adjacent to the enemy.

Initiative:

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-11, 07:28 AM
Malorn

The Assassin shifts uncomfortably now that the dreadfang are so close. As he senses his mental attack has done some lasting damage to the Slaad in question, he sidesteps towards it, seeming to defy reality itself.

"I'm here to kill you, you know. All of you, but you first." Malorn snarls at the Slaad he's already injured, and moves forward, khopesh glinting in the sun. He brings the weapon down on the Slaad, using his careful observation of his target to deal as much injury as possible. His free hand reaches out and grabs some of the monster's shadow, stealing it.

"Your shadows serve me, how can you resist?"

Free Action to teleport to H19 from power used last turn. Reminder that it should deal 10 extra damage to the opponent because he ended his turn with creatures within 2 squares.

Free Action: Shroud on E18; bringing the total up to 3

Move: Move to F17

Standard: Gloom Thief (Encounter) using all shrouds[roll0] [roll1]
Until EOMNT I am invisible if within 2 squares of the target.
Shroud damage if I hit: [roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-11, 11:41 AM
Finn

Immediate Interrupt (Slaad's turn) - Second Chance

Finn uses his Second Chance racial encounter power against the Slaad's Egg attack, forcing the Slaad to reroll the Egg attack and use the second roll.

Felhammer
2012-01-11, 02:34 PM
Round update will be posted after everyone posts.

Slaadd's Egg Attack Against Finn: 28 To Hit. If hit, you take 14 damage and are knocked Prone.

kladams707
2012-01-11, 04:05 PM
Shaena moved forward through the undergrowth. As she saw the onslaught upon Finn, she raised her bow. Two arrows appeared in her hands as she reached behind her in her empty quiver. She fired each upon the swarm.

Move: M19
Minor: Hunter's quarry on swarm.
Standard: Twin strike against swarm.

Att1:[roll0]
Dmg1: [roll1] (forgot the +2 from the bracers of archery last time)

Att2:[roll2]
Dmg2: [roll3]

HQ: [roll4]

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-12, 01:37 AM
Finn

The dreadfang is overcome with bloodrage, and now that the lava warriors have been destroyed, it takes the opportunity to attack the drow mage, swallowing the dark elf in one gulp. With the large behemoth out of the way, Finnan and the large frog creature have direct line of sight to each other. It shrieks at the halfling, "YOU KEEEL MY ZERVEEEEENTZ! NOW I KEEEEL YOU!"

Rearing its head back, a bulge appears in its neck and works its way up to its mouth. The creature then whips its head forward and spits a projectile at Finn. The halfling is just barely able to maneuver Rengu into a squatting position, avoiding what appears to be an egg in the nick of time. But then the egg cracks open above Finnan and fiery frogs swarm over him and Rengu. Their tongues lick his arms and neck with flames, as they fall over him and settle on the jungle floor between him and Rengu, and the slaad.

Finn cries out and Rengu lets out a series of squawking barks. The clawfoot snaps at the frogs and tries to rake them with its feet but to no avail. Finnan doesn't even try. As a veteran hunter of the Plains, Finn has had more than one encounter with Needlefangs. Miniature versions of clawfoots, needlefangs roam the Plains in large packs, swarming over prey to overwhelm them and strip their bones clean of flesh. The small creatures are nearly impossible to bring down with sword or flail alone. He'd need a fine net, or a hail of arrows. He has neither now. Finnan ducks into the saddle and goads Rengu to run through the swarm. He will have to deal with the fiery frogs at some point, hopefully with the others. At the moment, his sights are set on the source of the creatures, the large frog-like monster the drow had named a slaad.

Stamping through the frogs, Rengu moves closer to the slaad. The clawfoot immediately veers towards the dreadfang but Finnan keeps his hold on the reins tight and keeps the clawfoot moving towards his target. Malorn has the slaad somewhat distracted, though the shifter managed to vanish from sight. Finnan stops near the river, still twenty paces from the monster, and strikes with his flail. The three heads of the flail swing out to the length of the fibrous cord that holds them to the shaft, and then continue to fly out. The cord seems to lengthen, and the studded stones that make up Finnan's flail lash around the slaad's leg and smash into his knee. The creature buckles and Finnan pulls, Rengu instinctively digging his clawed feet into the ground and marching back, adding more power to Finnan's efforts. Seeing the two in action, it is easy to imagine how they could bring down larger prey, the behemoths, out on the Talenta Plains.

The slaad fights against the two, driving its own feet into the ground and pulling back to avoid being drawn in. With a flick of Finnan's wrist, the flail releases the slaad suddenly and the cord snaps back to its original length. The slaad, taken by surprise, stumbles back from his own force, tumbling into the river cutting through their battlefield.

Ongoing Fire Damage (Lava Warrior) - Resisted (Superior Fortitude, Resist 6 vs. Ongoing Damage)
Ongoing Fire Damage (Fiery Frog Swarm) - Resisted (Superior Fortitude, Resist 6 vs. Ongoing Damage)

Take 7 damage from Swarm Aura at start of turn.

Move Action - Move to I-14, provoking from swarm (AC 34 vs. OAs)
Standard Action - Basic Melee Attack vs. Slaad (Farslayer Weapon allows me to make a melee basic attack against a target up to 5 squares away)
Attack vs. AC - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Hit Effect - Slide enemy two squares (Lashing Flail+Rushing Cleats). However, I will forgo the slide to instead knock the slaad prone (Flail Expertise). Then I will slide the slaad 2 squares (Dragging Flail+Rushing Cleats) into the river (squares B14,B15,C14,C15). Slaad is Marked by Finnan until the end of Finnan's next turn.

Save vs. Ongoing Damage (Lava Warrior) - [roll2]
Save vs. Ongoing Damage (Frog Swarm) - [roll3]

So, I figured since this slaad thing is a fiery creature, it probably doesn't like water. I'm hoping that having to swim will interfere with its turn a little bit. We'll see :smallconfused:.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-12, 02:06 AM
Finn

Finnan Combat Stat Block

AC: 32 (34 vs. Opportunity Attacks)
Fort: 31
Reflex: 28
Will: 28

HP: 66/115
Surges: 12/12
Surge Value: 28
Action Point: 1/1

Cleave
Footwork Lure
Pass Forward
Safe Banishment
[]Rain of Blows
[X]Come And Get It
[]Parry and Riposte
[]All Bets Are Off
[]Kirre's Roar
[]Second Wind
[X]Second Chance
[]Bedeviling Assault
[]Bone Crusher
[]Dust Storm Assault
[]Deadly Payback
[]Power Jewel

Felhammer
2012-01-12, 02:28 AM
The Frogs jump and lunge as Finn tries to escape. Roughly ten manage to catapult up to strike poor Finn's face with their burning hot, acidic tongues.

End of Round Update and Enemy Attacks will be posted after all players post.

AO from Fire Frogs again Finn's AC: Critical hit! :smalleek: Take 20 Fire Damage and 5 On Going Fire Damage.

Leon
2012-01-13, 06:17 AM
You lousy reptile, i had choice words to say to that fool and you ate him

Zarra gets up and takes aim at the Slaad

Wasp Sting Shot:
Slaad:
Attack Roll:
Damage Roll: [roll]1d10+1d6+13

Additionally Creates a Burst One Zone centered on the target that deals 7 Poison Damage to any creature that Enters or starts its turn in the zone

Felhammer
2012-01-14, 05:09 PM
Malron attempts to strike out from the shadows. The Slaad, who was distracted due to his gleeful cheering of his fire frog children, doesn't notice Malron's attempted assault.

Meanwhile Shaena tries to shoot down the Swarm of Frogs but neither arrow finds purchase.

Finn urges his mount forward and races past the Fire Frogs. With a mighty crack of his flail his bashes the face of the Slaad, flinging him off into the river! The Slaad flounders for a bit before sinking below its murky depths.

Zarra fires off a magical arrow that poisons land and river near the Slaad.

The Fire Frogs, unhappy with the lack of raw meat in front of them, decide to hop over to the nearest sack of flash - Finn. They hurdle and vault their way over, lashing Finn and his Raptor mount with their flaming hot tongues.

The Dreadfang goes cross eyed and begins to howl, hack and choke all at the same time.

ROUND 3

Flame Frog Swarm's Attack against Finn's Ref: 33 to hit. If hit, you take 15 Fire Damage and 5 Ongoing Fire Damage.

Enemies:

---- NOTE: This Creature has an Aura 1: Any enemy that starts its turn within the aura takes 7 damage plus 5 extra damage for each Flame Frog Swarm adjacent to the enemy.

Initiative:

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-15, 02:43 AM
Finn

Finnan watches grimly as the slaad flounders in the water and then sinks. He has no time to keep track of its movements below the surface though as the fiery frogs swarm him and burn his skin and armor once again.

Take 7 Damage from Frog Aura
Ongoing Fire Damage - Resisted (Superior Fortitude)

Standard Action - All Bets Are Off vs. Fiery Frog Swarm
Primary Attack vs. AC - [roll0] (should be 31 with CA)
Primary Damage - [roll1]
Hit Effect - Secondary Attack
Secondary Attack vs. AC - [roll2] (includes +2 power bonus from power) (should be 33 with CA)
Secondary Damage - [roll3]
Hit Effect - Swarm is Dazed until the end of Finnan's next turn.

Move Action - (Assuming Swarm is Dazed) Run to L-21.
Minor Action - Use Diamond Cincture power to spend a healing surge. Fortitude defense falls to 30.

Shaking off as many of the frogs as he can, Finnan sweeps his flail through them in great arcs, trying to scatter the frogs and break up the swarm. He leaves them trying to regroup and urges Rengu to run clear of them once again.

Finnan

Fort: 30

HP: 72/115
Surges: 11/12

Cleave
Footwork Lure
Pass Forward
Safe Banishment
[]Rain of Blows
[X]Come And Get It
[]Parry and Riposte
[X]All Bets Are Off
[]Kirre's Roar
[]Second Wind
[X]Second Chance
[]Bedeviling Assault
[]Bone Crusher
[]Dust Storm Assault
[]Deadly Payback
[]Power Jewel

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-15, 03:48 AM
Malorn

With a blast of poison blocking his way to his first target, Malorn turns instead to the dreadfang. Settling his focus on the monster, Malorn decides that taunts and words would not effect the stupid beast, but a blade might, especially a blade of pure shadow. Dropping his khopesh, he twists some of the slaad's lingering shadow into a blade, and brandishes it. Leaping from the shadows, he uses the insubstantial blade on the dreadfang.

In a twirl of his cloak, he leaps into the shadow beneath the dreadfang, appearing moments later next to Finn. With a toothy grin, and a burst of power, he grabs Finn's shadow, and forms a noose out of it. Hurling it at the dreadfang, he pulls hard, trying to drag the monster into the poison cloud, and strangeling it all the same. The noose misses wide, and disappears into vapor. With a grim nod to Finn, the Assassin disappears again, appearing from the shadows the lava casts around, near Shaena.

Actions:

Free: Drop Khopesh
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Dreadfang
Minor: Create a Shadowblade
Standard: Soul Reaver on the Dreadfang (If I am still within 2 of the Slaad I am invisible, and thus get +2 to this roll from Combat Advantage)
[roll1] (6 dex, 3 enhancement, 3 bonus damage from Night Stalker) If Hit I gain a Gloom Shard (bringing me up to 2)
Move: Shadow Step to H15
Action Point: I gain CA for all attacks for the rest of my turn and teleport 10 squares at the end of my turn
Standard: Executioner's Noose on Dreadfang
[roll=dex vs fort]120+18
[roll2]
Target is pulled 2 (to D-E 16-17) and slowed until EOMNT

Teleport to L19

Stats & Powers:

HP: 80/80 Surge Value: 20 Per Day: 8/8
AC: 29 F: 22 R: 25 W: 22
2 Gloom Shards
Powers:
Assasin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Darting Shadow
Longtooth Shifting
Shade Form
Gloom Thief
Cloak of Shades
Echoing Threat
Soul Reaver
Veil of Unsight
Slayer in the Dark
Take Down Strike (Theme)
Heart of Dust
Black Garrote
Seeker of Shadow
Sundered Shadow

Items:
Diamond Cincture
Death Shroud Ki
Gambler's Suit
Ring of Shadow Travel
Skull Bracers

kladams707
2012-01-15, 11:07 PM
Shaena calls upon her hunting instinct while targeting the swarm. She lets loose two arrows from her magic quiver, hoping that both of them land so that Finn can concentrate on other enemies sooner.

Minor: hunter's quarry
Standard: Twin strike

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

quarry damage: [roll4]

Leon
2012-01-18, 02:08 AM
Elemental Spirits: Cold
Dreadfang:
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]

Zarra will fire a Frost imbued arrow at the Dreadfang

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-18, 03:41 AM
Finn

As Finnan and Rengu make their escape from the swarm, the halfling tries to keep tabs on Malorn. It is hard to keep track of the surly shifter, who seems to vanish and reappear and meld into the shadows. Whatever his powers, his courage and skill can't be questioned as Finn watched him attack the slaad directly and now tackle a dreadfang by himself.

Rengu leaps past Shaena and lands near Zarra, Finnan turning the clawfoot around to see if the swarm had regrouped after his attack. He turns in time to see Shaena pin the frogs down with a multitude of arrows. He gives the halfling woman a curt nod from behind his mask. Zarra fires an arrow imbued with some spell at the dreadfang, and Finnan can tell they will have to kill it, if only as a mercy.

Taking his mind away from the behemoth, he scans the surface of the river and the shoreline for any signs of the slaad monster.

Felhammer
2012-01-18, 02:15 PM
The Slaad is still no where to be seen, you're sure he's under the water but have no idea where. Meanwhile the Dreadfang is slashed, poked and prodded by the adventurers. The Dreadfang seems totally unaware, he's far too focused on his insides. He rears his head into the air and belts out a massive gout of fire!

ROUND 4

None

Enemies:

Initiative:

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-18, 05:26 PM
Malorn

Continuing to manipulate the shadow, Malorn tries again to noose the behemoth. Using his own shadow this time, he draws it out into a ropey consistency, he steps forward and hurls it at the beast, trying to choke it, and draw it forward. His careful study allows the shadow to further injure the beast.

Free Action: Place a second shroud on the dreadfang

Move: To H19

Standard: Executioner's Noose on the Behemoth [roll0] [roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

If hit target is slowed until EOMNT and drug 2 squares to E-F 18-19

Stats & Powers:

2 Gloom Shards
Powers:
Assasin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Darting Shadow
Longtooth Shifting
Shade Form
Gloom Thief
Cloak of Shades
Echoing Threat
Soul Reaver
Veil of Unsight
Slayer in the Dark
Take Down Strike (Theme)
Heart of Dust
Black Garrote
Seeker of Shadow
Sundered Shadow

Items:
Diamond Cincture
Death Shroud Ki
Gambler's Suit
Ring of Shadow Travel
Skull Bracers

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-19, 01:44 AM
Finn

Finn lets out a war cry and spurs Rengu forward, coming to a stop between Malorn and the dreadfang. He whips his triple-headed flail around his head, distracting the dreadfang as the cord lengthens with each turn. Then he lets the flail fly.

Move Action - Move to G-19.
Standard Action - Melee Basic Attack vs. Dreadfang (Farslayer Weapon allows melee attacks to be made up to 5 squares away as a standard action.)
Attack vs. AC 33 - [roll0]
Damage - [roll1]
Hit Effect - Slide Dreadfang 2 squares (Lashing Flail+Rushing Cleats). Forgo Slide to instead Knock Dreadfang Prone (Flail Expertise). Slide Dreadfang 2 squares to A-16,17 // B-16,17 (Dragging Flail+Rushing Cleats).
Effect - Dreadfang is Marked by Finnan until the end of Finnan's next turn.
Minor Action - Perception check to spot Slaad.
Roll - [roll2]

A couple of well placed strikes against the dreadfang send the creature scrambling backwards and falling to the jungle floor. Finnan takes the moment to scan the river for signs of the slaad, and catches a glimpse of the creature to the east of where it went under, just beyond where the frogs had chased Finnan and Rengu before he sent them scattering. Finn lets out a piercing whistle and points to the spot where he can see the shadowy form of the slaad underwater, letting the others know where their foe is biding its time.

Codemus
2012-01-19, 01:15 PM
Donal

Donal cast one last look at the dead drow and shook his head at the waste of life. And no time to perform death rites either, poor bastard. Putting on his skull helm, a ripple shot through his robes, swiftly transforming it from simple cloth to chain mail armor. Slamming his mace into his shield, he surveyed the battlefield through its visor.

Seeing as the large beast is preoccupied, Donal decided that the Slaadd and frog swarm deserved more attention. Pushing through the undergrowth, he strode out and regarded the changing battlefield. Walking a little closer to the fight with the beast, Donal decided to hold back, so he could counter whatever the slaadd decides to do.

Okay, Action Breakdown:
Standard- Nothing
Move- By way of O-20 & 19, Donal will walk to L-18
Minor- Changed chain mail back to original form.

Ref: 21, Will: 27

HP: 48/48, Surges: 11/11, S.Value: 12

kladams707
2012-01-19, 10:44 PM
With the fire swarm gone, she focuses her attack on the dreadfang, clearly in pain. Perhaps its best to try to put this thing out of its misery. And besides, that Slaad isn't in my view. She took two arrows and shot them at the dreadfang, hoping they would pierce its thick hide.

Minor: Hunter's quarry on dreadfang.
Standard: Twin strike

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

Felhammer
2012-01-21, 02:28 PM
As the adventurers complete their furious assault on the Dreadfang, its entire head erupts into flames - the beast howls in anguish before toppling over dead. However, mere moments before the beast falls, the Drow (who was swallowed whole) bursts out of the fire, and back-flips away to safety.

The Drow stares at his five enemies and yells, "I HAVE SLAIN A DREADFANG! I HAVE BEEN GIVEN IMMORTALITY BY MY GOD - THE DROW KING! YOU ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO ME!"

Off in the distance, the Slaad lunges out of the deep and fires off two more Eggs, that strike the ground and release a swarm of red frogs.

ROUND 6

None on you guys

Map: Link to the Map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdEVWdW1Ha1hpMHZEZ013Ny1NdWROU Hc)

Enemies:

Initiative:

[/SPOILER]

Codemus
2012-01-21, 05:40 PM
Donal

Immortal? The fool, dosen't realize we helped him kill the creature. With the Slaad poping back out, Donal saw his opening. He turned and yelled to Shaena. "Shaena! Help me take down the big one! It will just keep spitting out the frogs if we don't!" Spinning around, he dashed forward to wallop the Slaad. As he moved a grey mist rose from his hand and collected on the head of his mace.

Just as he was about to strike a deathly whisper in his ear told him where to place his strike.

Action Breakdown:
Move- Moving from O-19 to M-13
Standard- Attacking the Slaad with Death's Shadow At-Will
Minor- None
No Action - Activating Forseen Hit Encounter power, switching the attack from striking Reflex to Will

Rolls:
Attack - [roll0] vs. Will
Damage - [roll1]
Rider - If attack hits, the Slaad takes a -2 peanlty to all defenses against next attack made against it before end of my next turn.

Status -
AC: 30, Fort: 25
Ref: 21, Will: 27

HP: 48/48, Surges: 11/11, S.Value: 12

Leon
2012-01-21, 09:20 PM
You are the Fool, i had no quarrel with you yet you attacked your fellow drow first and decry me as the traitor. I mark you as one of the abominations i am sworn to hunt

Zarra takes careful aim at the fire mage and invokes the spirits of Sky & Water

[spoiler]

Squall Spirit:
Fire Mage: Hunters Quarry [minor action]
Attack Roll: Vs Fort [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1] + [roll2] + [roll3]

kladams707
2012-01-21, 09:49 PM
"I think that's pretty obvious," Shaena replied, as she drew an arrow. She moved adjacent to the pond near the spot Donal vacated. She takes aim and fires upon the slaad, hoping to give the warpriest an opening. That's when she decided there were too many enemies on the field. She took aim once more and fired a barrage upon both the slaad and the nearest swarm, trying to hold them in their place.

Move: P18
Minor: Hunter's quarry on fire frog swarm.

Standard: Insightful Shot vs AC.
Encounter ✦ Arcane, Weapon
Standard Action Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Charisma vs. Reflex
Hit: 2[W] + Charisma modifier damage. All the target's
defenses are equal to its lowest defense until the next
time it is hit by an attack.
Virtue of Prescience: The next attack that hits the target
gains a bonus to the damage roll equal to your Wisdom
modifier.

[roll0]
[roll1] (keep forgetting to add that +2 from bracers of archery).

Action Point:
Pinning Strike vs Slaad & near frog swarm
Encounter ✦ Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
Requirement: You must be wielding two melee weapons or a ranged weapon.
Targets: One or two creatures
Attack: Strength vs. AC (melee; main weapon and off-hand weapon) or Dexterity vs. AC (ranged), two attacks
Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage (melee) or 1[W] +
Dexterity modifier damage (ranged) per attack. The target is immobilized until the start of your next turn

Slaad
[roll2]
[roll3]

Swarm
[roll4]
[roll5]
quarry: [roll6]

Rapid-Fire Action: can make an RBA w/ bow or crossbow as a free action before or after the extra action. against Slaad.

[roll7]
[roll8]

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-22, 01:51 AM
Finn

Finn unleashes a furious war cry watching the dreadfang go down in flames and seeing the drow spring out of the fiery corpse to gloat over the kill. Rengu instinctively snaps forward and the halfling brings his flail to bear against the mage.

Move Action - Move to F-18.
Standard Action - Footwork Lure vs. Fire Mage
Attack vs. AC - [roll0] (includes CA from Fey Beast Tamer)
Damage - [roll1] (includes bonus from Fey Beast)
Hit Effect - Finnan shifts to E-17. Slide Fire Mage to F-18, but instead forgo the slide and knock the Fire Mage Prone (Flail Expertise). After knocking him Prone, Slide Fire Mage to F-18 (Dragging Flail).
Minor Action - Kirre's Roar (targets Fire Mage and Fire Frog Swarm in H-16)
Effect - Both targets are Marked by Finnan until the end of his next turn. Finnan gains Resist All 3 until the end of his next turn.

His blow knocks the mage down, and Finnan urges Rengu forward to move past the drow. He snakes the flail around the mage's leg and drags the dark elf with him, moving him into the space he and Rengu just left. It is then that Finnan takes notice of the slaad and the new frog swarms. He can't reach the far swarm of frogs, but he menaces the one nearer to him by spinning his flail about his head and letting the cord lengthen so that the three stone heads come close to hitting the frogs.

Finnan Combat Stat Block

** Resist All 3 UEONT **
Fort: 31
HP: 72/115
Surges: 11/12
Cleave
Footwork Lure
Pass Forward
Safe Banishment
[]Rain of Blows
[X]Come And Get It
[]Parry and Riposte
[X]All Bets Are Off
[X]Kirre's Roar
[]Second Wind
[X]Second Chance
[]Bedeviling Assault
[]Bone Crusher
[]Dust Storm Assault
[]Deadly Payback
[]Power Jewel

Melee Basic Attack (+3 Farslayer Alhaluk) - +21 vs. AC, 1d8+16
+Combat Advantage vs. any enemy within Rengu's Aura 1 (Fey Beast Tamer theme).
+2 Damage vs. any enemy within Rengu's Aura 1 (Fey Beast Tamer theme).
+2 Damage while Mounted (Lancing Gloves).
+Slide target 2 squares (Lashing Flail+Rushing Cleats).

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-23, 10:35 PM
Malorn

"You've been granted a second chance at death. I am your death." Malorn steps forward, his malicious focus settling on the mage. His shadowy blade strikes forward, mingling and dancing with the shadows of Finn, Malorn, and the fire mage. The shadows seem to all move violently against the mage.

Move: Shift to G18 (assuming Finn has moved the enemy mage to F18)
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Fire Mage
Standard: Shadow Storm on the Fire Mage [roll0] (Not sure if I get CA against prone targets, if so add 2 to this)
[roll1] (damage bonus: +3 enhancement, +6 Dex, +3 Night Stalker, +2 adjacent creatures to target)

Stats & Powers:

2 Gloom Shards
Powers:
Assasin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Darting Shadow
Longtooth Shifting
Shade Form
Gloom Thief
Cloak of Shades
Echoing Threat
Soul Reaver
Veil of Unsight
Slayer in the Dark
Take Down Strike (Theme)
Heart of Dust
Black Garrote
Seeker of Shadow
Sundered Shadow

Items:
Diamond Cincture
Death Shroud Ki
Gambler's Suit
Ring of Shadow Travel
Skull Bracers

Felhammer
2012-01-23, 11:15 PM
Calling forth the power of the shadowfel, Malron wraps his foe in shadows before he strikes the mage, killing him where he stands. Shaena fires multiple arrows off but only finds purchase with one, which slays the Fire Frog Swarm.

The Slaad, sensing he is on the loosing side here, puffs out his chest like a bullfrog and suddenly disappears! After a few moments of searching, you spot the Slaad to the side of Shaena! He lifts his great arm up and brings his claws down on Shaena's head. As he does, he swipes across, raking her arm.

The Frog Swarm appear to be confused and lost without their father directing them. They remain stationary until after the Slaad finishes his assault.

ROUND 7

Recap of The Enemies' Attacks: The Slaad Attacks Shaena: 34 to hit AC. If hit, you take 21 damage.

If he hit you previously, he makes a second attack: 29 to hit. If hit, you take 20 damage.

Map:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdEVWdW1Ha1hpMHZEZ013Ny1NdWROU Hc

Enemies:

Initiative:

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-23, 11:41 PM
Malorn

(I would like to use my Bounty hunter's Glove's special ability to knock out the fire mage rather than kill him)

Malorn smiles as the fire mage goes down. Turning his attention back to the slaad, he approaches it, closing to the target. Smiling, he laughs. "You've come out into the light again...now see darkness." Using his powers over shadow, Malorn twists the shadows around the Slaad, using them to blind it, and make it see only the dark fears of its own hear.

Move: Move to M19
Free: Assassin's Shroud on Slaad
Standard: Slayer in the Dark on the Slaad (Encounter): [roll0]
[roll1]
Effect: Target is blinded until EOMNT. As an opportunity action I can make the slaad perform an attack (with no penalties for blinded, and at a +3 bonus to attack and damage) whenever an enemy enters an adjacent square

Stats & Powers:

2 Gloom Shards
Powers:
Assasin's Shroud
Shadow Step
Executioner's Noose
Shadow Storm
Darting Shadow
Longtooth Shifting
Shade Form
Gloom Thief
Cloak of Shades
Echoing Threat
Soul Reaver
Veil of Unsight
Slayer in the Dark
Take Down Strike (Theme)
Heart of Dust
Black Garrote
Seeker of Shadow
Sundered Shadow

Items:
Diamond Cincture
Death Shroud Ki
Gambler's Suit
Ring of Shadow Travel
Skull Bracers

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-24, 02:11 AM
Finn

Watching the fire mage fall dead at Malorn's hands, Finnan turns around to see the Slaad teleport behind Shaena and assault her. Ignoring the pacified frog swarm, Finnan spurs Rengu forward. He lets his flail fly again at the slaad, and this time tries to knock the creature into a patch of lava.

Move Action - Move to L-18.
Standard Action - Charge Slaad (moving to P-19).
Attack vs. AC w/CA and Charge Bonus - [roll0]
Damage w/Fey Beast Aura Bonus - [roll1]
Hit Effect - Slide Slaad (Lashing Flail), but forgo Slide and instead knock Slaad Prone (Flail Expertise). Slide Slaad 2 squares to S-17,S-18,T-17,T-18.
Effect - Slaad is Marked by Finnan.

Codemus
2012-01-24, 07:57 PM
Donal

Despite losing sight of the Slaad, Donal quickly reoriented to its new location thanks to Malorn's threat. Turning around, he walked over to stand just behind Shaena. "Don't worry, we have your back."

Lifting his shield arm, he called upon up his power, shaped it into a weapon, and drove it into the Slaad's mind. A light gray mist condensed in around its feet as a split second vision of its foretold death assailed its mind.

Action Breakdown:
Move- Walked to O-17
Standard – Used Call to the Dark on the Slaad
Minor- Healing Word on Shaena. She spends a surge and gains an additional [roll0] health

Call to the Dark has no roll to hit, and has this effect: The target grants combat advantage until the end of my next turn. In addition, the next attack made against the target before the end of my next turn deals 3d8 extra damage on a hit or miss. This extra damage cannot benefit from bonuses to damage rolls.

kladams707
2012-01-24, 09:33 PM
Shaena's lips for a split second formed into a weak smile. Perhaps it was the adrenaline pumping. But it seemed she felt some reassurance from those that rallied around her. Then her mind went back to the task, and the smile faded. She looked around for the bastard slaad, and spotted it to the northeast. She took careful aim before firing this time, improving the chance that both arrows would find its mark. She fired the pair, hoping that each projectile would lodge itself into the slaad.

Minor: Declare Slaad as quarry
Minor: Perfect Aim. +2 (wis modifier) to next attack.
Standard: Twin strike.

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]

*Not sure if that +2 would apply to the second roll.

Felhammer
2012-01-25, 01:37 AM
The extra damage from Donal's power:

[roll0]

Felhammer
2012-01-25, 01:51 AM
The last shot fired by Shaena grazes the Slaad's back, clipping vital arteries in and around his spine. The Slaad topples over and dies an ignominious death. Without their father's will exerting itself on them, the Fire Frogs lie completely motionless on the ground - all thirty or so suffocate within seconds.

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-25, 07:55 PM
Malorn

"Well that was fun. Let's see the damage, then." He inspects the various corpses, including that of their guide, and piles up any loot that is found. He binds the knocked out fire mage as well, taking any impliments he might use to cast spells.

Fire mage will wake up after an extended rest...or we can just kill him, I wanted to give us options. I don't think we need an extended rest.

Codemus
2012-01-25, 08:53 PM
Donal

Removing his helm and placing it back in his bag of holding, he willed his armor to take on the appearance of robes once more. "Well then, if I recall corectly we were on the way to the volcano." He looked around the clearing, then back to the others. "Which way now?"

Felhammer
2012-01-25, 09:55 PM
Inside the Slaad's gut you find a coconut sized Sapphire, and a red-and-orange, lizard-skin ring. The Fire Mage's clothing appears to be non-magical origin however, the Mage's staff glows faintly red. There's an engraving on the staff that says "To my beloved. - Mathar". The Staff also has a glowing red and purple gem at the top, which you believe is a separate magical object.

The Sapphire is worth 4,000 gold.

Wand: Master's Wand of Phantom Bolt

Your illusory bolts become more ominous with this smoky amber wand.

Lvl 9 +2 4,200 gp

Implement: Wand

Enhancement Bonus: attack rolls and damage rolls

Critical: +1d8 damage per plus
Property

When you hit an enemy with the phantom bolt power using this wand, you can slide that enemy 1 extra square.
Power Encounter (Standard Action)

As the wizard's phantom bolt power (Arcane Power, page 101), which is reproduced below.

Gem: Eberron Shard of Animosity Level 1+ Uncommon

This crimson crystal flares whenever it's in the presence of an otherworldly being.

Weapon: Dragonshard augment
Property

You gain a +1 bonus to damage rolls when using the augmented weapon against elemental or immortal creatures.
Level 11: Gain a +3 bonus to damage

Ring: Chameleon Ring Level 16 Uncommon

This lizard skin band is barely visible against your skin and makes you equally hard to discern.

Ring Slot 45,000 gp
Property

Gain a +2 item bonus to Stealth checks. Gain a +4 item bonus instead if you have not moved since the start of your last turn.
Power Daily (Minor Action)

You do not require cover or concealment to make Stealth checks until the end of your next turn.

If you've reached at least one milestone today, this power lasts until the end of the encounter.

kladams707
2012-01-25, 10:07 PM
Despite the rejuvenation from Donal, she still felt fatigued. She was in near perfect health, but the savage attack from the Slaad just took a lot out of her. She waited patiently as the others rummaged through their defeated enemies until they were ready to continue to the fiery mountain. Then she finally spoke after noticing the the unconscious, not dead, mage. "Do you suppose we should keep this one around? Maybe ask him for some information?

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-25, 11:01 PM
Finn

Finn lets out a triumphant cry at the death of the slaad, and Rengu joins in with his strange barking squawks. The halfling pumps his flail in the air as he cries out, and gives Shaena a curt nod when he quiets down, indicating that the kill was hers. He then turns Rengu around and rides over to the dreadfang corpse, clicking with his tongue a command to the clawfoot. Hopping down, he kneels beside the behemoth's still warm body and begins speaking quietly over it.

Leon
2012-01-26, 10:57 AM
As everyone is checking out the remains of the assorted creatures there is the crackle of arcane magic in the trees across the river and a loud pop, followed by swearing.

As this is occurring a small shadowy bird flies out and does a pass overhead and returns to the thicket. Soon after a tall willowy figure emerges and strides out across the river leaving a trail of fast melting ice.

Hail there, i am seeking haha a seeker of the Druidic order sworn to hunt abominations of nature. It had best be one of you as its not been a easy trip here and don't wish to have to travel via those paths again for a long time

That would be I Zarra states as she walks forward toward the newcomer. That you know what i am is almost enough but that you don't know the details is concerning

Here is the Scroll i have been tasked to deliver, it is sealed and i believe that it is imprinted to you. Now i had best set this up

The newcomer drops a pack and starts to pull items out of it and set up some kind of array on the ground. This wont send you where you are needed but to the closest outpost of your order.

Oh... Zarra reads the scroll as this occurs and turns to the group I am being recalled to take part in a large operation to combat the forces of madness from a broken gate. Well i did tell that fool of a gnome that it was a side venture at best till my job called

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-27, 02:42 AM
Finn

Finnan finishes his prayer over the dreadfang and is just standing when the commotion occurs in a nearby thicket. Rengu immediately reacts and takes a step towards the trees, but Finn gives a short sharp whistle and the clawfoot turns to him and allows itself to be mounted. The halfling lets the heads of his flail hang loose, waiting for something to appear. The willowy creature was not what he expected, especially when it began speaking to Zarra. Finnan watches the short discussion impartially until Zarra lets it known that she is leaving. With the hunt over, Finnan pushes his sacred mask to the top of his head and glares at the drow. You're leaving?

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-28, 09:47 PM
Malorn

"Good to see you're so well committed to this...hope the gnome doesn't find you after you've taken his payment and ran off, but I'll be sure to let him know what happened." The shifter lets out a low growl. "I'm not sure dropping our number by one, with our guide a melted, smoldering pile of flesh is a good thing, but best be off about your business."

Pawing through the treasure, and places the ring on his finger. "Hope the rest of you don't mind me using this for now, if there's a squabble about splitting everything, we can divy it up later. No sense in keeping it unused until then." He then examines the staff, and tentatively tries to separate it into its two components. "Anyone know much about magic impliments? These seem strange to me."

Taking the ring unless someone else wants it, I figure stealth checks wouldn't be needed by most other classes here.

Also, is the wand part of the staff, and if so is the staff a mundane staff, or is the staff/other magic item unique from the wand we found?

Leon
2012-01-29, 04:49 AM
If the gnome can be bothered to track me down i'll see him then, i don't think money is issue with that one.

Without looking up from what she is doing I do, will take a look at it after i complete the ritual

kladams707
2012-01-31, 09:43 AM
Shaena, not having particularly known any of the group for very long, isn't upset at Zarra's need to depart. She remains quiet, pondering how they would get along with one less party member. The halfling figured that they'd just have to find a way. Or perhaps the newcomer would join. She couldn't put that on this person, so she didn't ask.

Felhammer
2012-01-31, 05:15 PM
The ritual is successful and Zarra is whisked away. The party informs the newcomer of their goals and their mission. He agrees to help them by taking Zarra's place.

The group travels to Roaring Mountain. While staying hidden in the tree line, you spy a group of peaceful looking red skinned Goblins planting Mushrooms in ashen soil. They are armed only with simple wood and copper tools (spades, plows, etc.). The Goblins are completely oblivious to your presence. Off in the distance you see a large entrance to a Cave chiseled into the side of Roaring Mountain, many goblins baring baskets of foraged goods enter the cave, while goblins with empty baskets exit.

Dr.Samurai
2012-01-31, 06:55 PM
Finn

It seems Malorn is the only one that appreciates what can happen when people start abandoning the group on an expedition like this. The halfling can't stop Zarra from leaving though, and so he says little more on the matter until she is whisked away. But while the shifter appears wise enough, Finnan doesn't take to his cavalier attitude concerning the spoils. The death of the dreadfang and the loss of not only their guide but one member of the group has his mind elsewhere, but if Malorn thinks he will determine who gets what rewards each time, the two will have to talk.

Finnan sizes up the newcomer and hopes this one will stick around longer and make herself useful. I am Finnan. This, he pats the clawfoot on the neck, is Rengu. That is Malorn and that is Shaena. He is Donal. Who are you?

------------------------------------------------

At the sight of the cave, Finnan leans over from the back of Rengu and says to Malorn, Well, you know better than the rest of us now that the guide is dead. Is this where we are headed?

I need to know what the newcomer looks like and what her name is! I'm going crazy with this ambiguous amorphous unidentifiable blob party member hanging around with us! What is it?!?!?!?!?! Please!!!!

:smallbiggrin:

tigerusthegreat
2012-01-31, 06:59 PM
Malorn

Malorn shows Finn long teeth in a vicious smile. "These are the Sula Goblins I believe. They are the guardians of the sword, though I doubt they will give it up peacefully. Thoughts?"

Codemus
2012-02-01, 02:27 AM
Donal

Twirling his moustache, Donal looked over the goblins and the cave. "Strange. These are the guardians? There don't seem to be any warriors, at least in plain sight. Hmm... Stockpiling their food inside that cave? That leads me to believe that it’s more than a simple cave. The fighters are probably in there too." He looked over to Malorn. "Say, what was the relationship between these goblins and the drow? Were they hostile to one another? If not, we may be able to talk our way in."

kladams707
2012-02-01, 10:11 AM
"They may not be stockpiling food, but feeding it to something," Shaena cautioned quietly. "Are we sure it's the goblins that are actual guardians? Though either way, we might be able to talk our way in."

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-03, 12:18 AM
Finn

Finnan scoffs at Malorn's comment, thinking the idea incredulous. Guardians huh? Yes, we should be careful not to draw the ire of the deadly little farmers. He shakes his head, That thrice-damned Zarra picked a swell time to ditch us. She could have talked her way in with us in tow claiming to be a follower of the king or something.

When Shaena mentions the prospect of something being fed in the cave, Finnan's eyes light up. Almost to himself he says, I've heard tales of great beasts in the wilds of Xendrik. I wonder what we have yet to see...

Scanning the workers below, the halfling hunter lets out a sigh, Well, by the looks of it, we won't get much resistance trying to walk right in. But no point in causing a ruckus if we can get permission instead. Maybe if we get that fire wizard's body, we can say we found him injured.

Leon
2012-02-03, 01:11 AM
I am Izera, Master of the Hydrologic Cycle.

kladams707
2012-02-04, 08:58 AM
Shaena was tired of the stalemate. "I say we just take our chances. Unless everyone else feels like waiting for someone else to retrieve the fire mage

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-05, 01:32 PM
Finn

Perhaps there is another way. Maybe we can enter without letting the rabble know we've come.

Perception - [roll0]

Checking to see if there could be a stealthy or alternative way into the cave.

Felhammer
2012-02-05, 05:52 PM
The Goblins continue to ply their field and ferry food into the cave.

Felhammer
2012-02-05, 07:33 PM
There does not appear to be a stealthy way to enter the cave. There are simply too many Goblins and not enough cover.

Map: LINK (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdEE0M3YySXd2elBJNHhNdF92bm9kb VE)

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-06, 06:45 PM
Malorn

"I think it is simple. We go up and tell them what we want and need. If not, we kill them all." Malorn runs his finger along the edge of his khopesh.

kladams707
2012-02-06, 06:54 PM
"We're not going to kill them if we don't have to. ," Shaena spoke, rather forcefully. "I think we can talk our way through. Especially if they don't like the drow." Tired of arguing, the halfling head for the goblin encampment, trying to come up with something on the fly as she approached.

Felhammer
2012-02-08, 08:03 PM
The goblin farmers see you coming and race back to the safety of the cliff-side, meanwhile several solders run up and yell, "HALT!"

kladams707
2012-02-09, 11:47 AM
Shaena stopped at the soldier's command. She held up her hands to show they were empty and had no intention of attacking. "I come here as an emissary not an enemy. Put your weapons down so that we may talk."

Decided to go lead off w/ a diplomacy check.

[roll0]

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-10, 12:23 AM
Finn

Finn gives Malorn a look of disdain, It seems this one is more beast than man. He urges Rengu to follow Shaena as the halfling woman plods forward to make contact with the goblins. The farmers take one look at the group and bolt for the cave. Soldiers come out to stop them, and Finnan waits patiently, with flail lying across his saddle, as Shaena starts to explain things.

Leon
2012-02-10, 12:43 PM
Diplomacy is good to get a foot in the door

Felhammer
2012-02-10, 02:32 PM
The Goblin curses under his breath before yelling, "We've seen your kind before Outlander! You are working for the Drow King! He will never possess the Sword! I swear that oath on my very life!"

kladams707
2012-02-10, 07:06 PM
I guess we should've gone back for the fire mage... Shaena can't help but smile at the situation she's gotten herself into. In fact, a bit of a laugh escapes her. Some from the idea the goblins have in their head, some from the nervousness she felt being outnumbered. She then regained her composure before continuing. "Drow king? You must not like him, whoever he is. I will say I don't work for him. Question: Does he use fire mages and slaads? Because you might enjoy a story of what I did to them. But you gotta put down your weapons if you want to hear it."

Not sure what to roll here as it's sort of a mix of diplomacy and bluff (the latter from taking credit, well for the time being).

Diplo: [roll0]
Bluff: [roll1]

Felhammer
2012-02-10, 07:39 PM
The Goblin toilers gasp in shock, awe and amazement as they hear your claim. The soldier scoffs, You slew a Fire Toad and Tiki-Head!? You do not have enough hair in your nose! How could you slay such beasts!?

One of the other soldiers cries out, "If they slew a Fire Toad and a Tiki Head, then they are dangerous! They must be Pei-Rats from Ka-Whore-Veer!"

kladams707
2012-02-10, 10:04 PM
Shaena rolled her eyes in frustration. 'Pei-rats? Ka-whore-veer?' the halfling thought. She wondered what they meant. Pirates from Khorvaire perhaps? Clearly the paranoia of these goblins is greater than I expected. Then she smiled. She realized that perhaps she could use what they had just said to her advantage.

"They? Well, I guess the jig is up on that. Yeah, I had help in defeating those two. I just thought me alone would make the better tale. But just think about how dangerous that makes our group. A deadly group indeed. But one that wants to be your ally. It's up to you though. I'm trying to do what's best for both groups here, not just one.

Diplomacy: [roll0]

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-11, 12:05 AM
Malorn

Malorn remains silent, standing behind the others. He folds his arms and looks tough.

Felhammer
2012-02-12, 06:09 AM
The goblin begins to howl with laughter, "Ha! I knew you hadhelp! I tricked you into revealing it!!! HAHA HAHAHA-HAHA!"

While the other laughs, the first goblin speaks once more, "Where are your companions now?"

Felhammer
2012-02-12, 06:11 AM
The goblin begins to howl with laughter, "Ha! I knew you hadhelp! I tricked you into revealing it!!! HAHA HAHAHA-HAHA!"

While the other laughs, the first goblin speaks once more, "Where are your companions now?"

kladams707
2012-02-12, 11:01 AM
The halfling shook her head in frustration. "Tricked me, perhaps. As to my friends," the halfling replied, "They're where they need to be. Trust me, it's better for you that I left them there. But we're getting nowhere," Shaena said. You have the upper hand, yet you have not attacked. That means you are open to talking. So what's it going to take for us to have a civil discussion, without threatening weapons?"

Felhammer
2012-02-12, 02:36 PM
The halfling shook her head in frustration. "Tricked me, perhaps. As to my friends," the halfling replied, "They're where they need to be. Trust me, it's better for you that I left them there. But we're getting nowhere," Shaena said. [color="Green"]You have the upper hand, yet you have not attacked. That means you are open to talking. So what's it going to take for us to have a civil discussion, without threatening weapons?"

"We like you Outlander. Our Chief died last night. Since you slew a Firetoad and a Tiki Man, then I say you are now Chief."

The Goblin prostrates in front of you then all the other goblins outside also prostrate, and all proclaim at once, [B]"All hail the new Chief!"

kladams707
2012-02-12, 03:45 PM
Sword be damned. It's party time! I hope...

Shaena stood awe-struck at the sudden fealty of the goblins toward her. She never imagined herself to be put in such a position. She only wanted to negotiate for the sword, and now she was, to her knowledge, chief of a goblin tribe. Again she smiled, knowing that perhaps this situation made things easier. ”If I am your new chief then we must celebrate. Not just for my sake, but in honor of a new alliance!” With that, she signaled any others still in hiding to come out.

Felhammer
2012-02-12, 04:14 PM
"ALL HAIL THE CHIEF!"

A literal horde of goblins stream out of the cave, bearing food, wine and tables. The goblins set up a buffet-style dinner with several chefs preparing the food, which is laid out on long tables, for ease of access by the general population. Fish, bread, pasta and mushrooms are all on the menu. Several goblins exit the cave baring large drums, harps and lutes - these goblins begin to play some ruckus music that the goblins children seem to adore. Several of the Goblin Guards drag out a very heavy, crudely-carved stone throne, for their new chief to sit on and watch her people enjoy themselves. During the dinner, throngs of Goblins meander up and thank you for throwing such a wonderful party.

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-14, 02:54 AM
Finn

Waiting impatiently, Finn starts to get agitated. I don't like this. When the cheering and roaring starts, a concerned look takes over his face and he urges Rengu out of hiding to see what happened to Shaena. The scene before him is unbelievable. He slows Rengu down and makes his way to the halfling woman slowly, so as not to alarm her new... people?

----------------------

During the dinner, Finn takes some food for himself, but doesn't stay with the crowd of goblins for long. The loud and rowdy music, and all of the cheering and energy make Rengu nervous, so Finnan stays off to the side and waits for the ceremony to die down.

kladams707
2012-02-14, 09:41 AM
just trying to bump the thread

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-14, 10:06 PM
Malorn

Malorn follows the others to the party and says nothing. He eats and drinks, figuring any poison or drug in the food wouldn't matter that much, they were outnumbered anyway.

"Maybe you should ask them about the sword." He says to the new chief.

kladams707
2012-02-15, 07:39 AM
"Whole reason I threw that feast," Shaena whispered quietly to Malorn. After partaking in some of food herself, and responding to those showing their gratitude, she felt the time was right. Hoping the mood was high, She stood upon her throne. "'Tis wonderful seeing such a happy crowd tonight. But I must say something. Tonight, we begin to usher in a new age. Not just because you have new allies. No, but something more. For you see, this marks the beginning of the end. The end of the Drow King!" Shaena waits for the applause to die down. "My companions and I shall quest against him. But we need your cooperation. We need the Sword that you've protected for so long. Rest assured I will protect it. And that the drow king will only possess it if the blade is in his cold, dead body!"

Felhammer
2012-02-16, 04:18 PM
The crowd goes wild! They begin singing traditional Goblin songs as some of the warriors rush into the cave. Roughly ten minutes later, the Goblin Warriors return bearing a large, golden sword, bejeweled with rubies and sapphires. As the Sword is laid at Chief Shaena feet, all of the goblins drop to the ground and prostrate themselves before their Warrior Chief.

One Goblin remains standing, at the far end of the crowd. He is old, wrinkled and wizened. He wears a red feather tunic and a bear-head helmet.

"I AM LONG CHIM - SHAMAN OF THE TRIBE!" He reaches into a sack attached to his belt and pulls out a handful of red sand, "I CONSECRATE THE CHIEF, HER ALLIES AND THE SLAYER'S SWORD!" He then flings the dust towards the Chief and her friends. The dust floats into the sky in an unnatural manner. Suddenly thunderclouds form above the party and a massive, mile's long lightning bolt strikes the sword. It rings loudly before rocketing up into the air and into Shaena's hand.

As she catches the blade the Shaman yells, "YOU ARE THE CHIEF! FIND VICTORY!"

The Goblins then howl into the darkened sky, as the sky begins to pour rain down upon the field.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-16, 06:39 PM
Malorn

Malorn is quickly soaked, and smells badly like a wet dog. "Why is this better than the kill them all and take their stuff option?" He growled under his breath, shaking the water from his black hair.

Leon
2012-02-16, 08:23 PM
Certainly a interesting party, everything is better with a little bit of water

quietly to Malorn Violence is good for many things but is not always the best option, small but numerous creatures can be a bugger to get all of so if we can alleviate fighting them it is better

kladams707
2012-02-16, 09:53 PM
The halfling stood there frozen in awe. Shaena looked at the blade now in her hand. Great. We have the sword...and we're surrounded by goblins that adore...well me at the very least it seems. There was a new feeling surfacing. She had been alone for quite sometime. Though it's been very short, she's fought side-by-side so to speak against enemies. Now here she was, among a large tribe that seemed to adore her. For the first time in a very long time, she felt like she was part of something important. In a way, she felt a bit guilty, having to leave the tribe, but knew she would have to. She became lost in thought for a bit, before she realized that the goblins were steel kneeling. "You may rise," was all she said.

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-16, 10:17 PM
Finn

Finn finds his foot tapping to the music, and the energy the goblins are giving off is infectious. Thinking it doubtful that anyone would attack an entire goblin tribe while the warriors were present, he decides to let his guard down and join in on the celebration. He gives Rengu a short command, and the clawfoot races off into the wild to hunt. Then Finn jumps into the gathering, dancing with the goblins and hooting and cheering, Hail to the Chieftess!!! For the most part he follows the lead of the other goblins, though he does incorporate some of his own customs from his tribe on the Plains. Not a stranger to ritual, Finnan even prostrates himself when the sword is revealed to Shaena.

When the rain begins to fall, and the goblins start to howl, Finn joins in, his dreadlocks whipping in the downpour as he shakes his head about like a mad man, Consecration!!!

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-20, 04:59 PM
Finn

After things quiet down a bit, Finnan snakes his way over to Shaena. With a twinkle in his eye he says, Oh mighty chieftess and fearless leader, perhaps we should make our way to our quarry. Unless you find yourself comfortable here... He grins, clearly making fun of her predicament.

Leon
2012-02-20, 11:00 PM
I am happy to do what ever, but a party left early is a party wasted

kladams707
2012-02-21, 08:32 AM
Shaena smiled as everyone celebrate, though this one was a bit different. To her, it seemed like a real one, rather than one to mask her true feelings. Then Finn had to shake her out of her daydream.

Careful how you approach. These goblins may not appreciate how you're addressing their chieftain, Shaena said quietly to Finn. The halfling smiled back, this time a bit crookedly. But I suppose you have a point.

As the party died down, the chief sought out the goblin she had talked with before becoming chief. My friend and I must go on our quest now. You seem capable of protecting the tribe, so I leave it in your hands while I am gone. All I ask is that you do not seek out war. But should proven enemies arrive, do what you can to protect yourselves.

Felhammer
2012-02-21, 08:02 PM
The Goblin stands upright, puts his hands over his heart and declares:

I klareste dag, i sorteste nat
Ingen onde skal undslippe mit syn
Lad dem, der tilbeder ondes magt,
Pas min magt ... Chief Shaena lyse!

As he does, the skies clear. The goblins look to the azure vista above them and cheer.

Felhammer
2012-02-22, 02:23 AM
The party winds down, most of the goblins are passed out in the field, both from drinking and partying too much. The sober guards that remain fetch several large Clawfoot Raptors, who are set on sentry duty around the perimeter of the field.

The Goblins welcome you inside their humble cave. It is dark and dank at first, which is typical of caves located in tropical regions. After passing through a stone portcullis, your eyes are met with a beautiful sight - a large hall adorned with ornate carvings, elegant sculptures and hundreds of floating red-and-blue-and-white rugs. Many of the goblins have climbed up and are sleeping on the wondrous carpets. The temporary Chief Skal ushers you forward and bids you to climb up onto the most intricately woven rugs located at the center of the room. As you climb up and get settled, the rug gently rises into the air, settling about five feet off the ground. The temporary Chief says good night, while he climbs onto his own floating carpet.

The night passes quickly and morning soon dawns, though inside the cave you would be oblivious to such a fact if not for a beam of light that shoots down from the ceiling onto a large diamond, which filters and reflects the light out into the hall. The Goblins rise and ready themselves for the day. You do the same. After a hearty breakfast of Dreadfang eggs and Haunch-of-Dreadfang, you pack up, exit the cave and are about to leave when temporary Chief Skal calls out to you, handing you three very large, rolled up carpets. He begs you to use them, so that you can travel through the forest more easily.

The magic carpet is large enough to 2 people on with ease. There are five characters and 1 raptor in the party, hence why he gave you three.

A creature on the carpet can mentally command it to fly 6 squares. The carpet has a maximum altitude of 2 squares. If no rider is upon it, it hovers in place 1 foot above the ground if it is unrolled or sits on the ground if it is rolled up.

The carpet's flight isn't entirely stable; while on the carpet, a rider takes a -2 penalty to AC and Reflex.

The carpet can carry two Medium or Small creatures of no more than 400 pounds. If more than 400 pounds are placed on it, the carpet (and all it carries) falls to the ground, and the creature and all objects the carpet was holding take falling damage.

kladams707
2012-02-22, 05:19 PM
Shaena nods in understanding and smiles thankfully. She unfurls one of the carpets and hops right on, ready to take off.

tigerusthegreat
2012-02-25, 10:39 AM
Malorn

Malorn sniffs at the rugs, but cautiously sits behind Shaena, letting her be in control of it, as he keeps a wary eye out for trouble.

"Chieftess, those that sent us here indicated that there are other tasks besides recovering the sword that are required to kill the drow king. Perhaps I should return to them to see what else should be done."

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-25, 12:52 PM
Finn

Finnan has trouble getting Rengu to stay on the carpet, but after wrangling with the clawfoot some, he manages to leap on and command the carpet up so that Rengu doesn't immediately jump off. He tries to soothe the beast a bit, and says to the others in his thick accent, I don't much see the need for these, but let's make this as quick as possible.

kladams707
2012-02-25, 02:32 PM
Shaena shrugged. "Fair enough" the halfling replied.

Felhammer
2012-02-25, 03:27 PM
You hop onto your flying carpets and high tail it back to the Drow camp. The forest is dense and full of enemies but the speed of the magic rugs and their manuverability ensures the native life in the woodlands do not disturb you. As you near the Drow Camp, you can see smoke in the air. Almost instantly, you can then smell it - wood, animals and... people burning... And then the horrid yells of half dead burn victims begging to either be saved or put out of their unending misery can be heard. You also hear the familiar deep throated, frog-like chortles of Slaads can be heard, as well as the muffled voices of people speaking Drow. As you near the forest's edge, you see a horrible sight that your other sense had already alerted you to - the Drow camp has been utterly destroyed. Fires are spread through out the camp - Drow wearing Tiki Masks are slowly slaughtering and raping the villagers, the Slaad torturing victims by breaking bones and licking their unmaimed flesh with their acidic tongues... Through the fires you can just make out a very tall Drow standing inside the elder's hall, surrounded by the mangled corpses of the camp's elders. He appears to be admiring a large pool of glowing water.

I took the liberty of rolling initiative, to keep things moving, but feel free to ignore it until you decide to attack (if at all).

Round 1

MAP
(https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Ank3sYOGKsQfdGExbHF2R2xWYmYyd0NzY0QycVBCS 3c)

Recap of Last Round: Nothing as of yet

Felhammer
2012-02-25, 03:32 PM
To Shaena: You blade vibrates and emits a faint hum. You immediately realize the blade is thirsting for its intended victim's blood - the Drow King is in the camp.

kladams707
2012-02-27, 05:52 PM
Shaena felt the sword vibrate. THe halfling was disgusted at the sight and felt enraged, but she didn't let the emotion take control. She knew the Drow King was there. But seeing the army, she knew that even with the sword, the likelihood of their success was slim. Guilt overwhelmed her as she made her decision. "The drow king is here. But a whole army is between us and him. It's not gonna do us any good if we die, only to hand the sword over to him. But if they raided the drow camp, the goblin camp might be next, especially if he thinks the sword is still there."

Dr.Samurai
2012-02-27, 06:56 PM
Finn

In the light of the blazing fires, Finnan peers over the edge of their cover to witness the destruction in the village below. He and Rengu bristle at the sight of so many enemies, their blood calling for them to rush forth and strike them down. But this is not how prey is hunted, A hunter does not take down the bull while it is in the midst of the pack. We will have to find the King another time.

When Shaena mentions the goblins, Finnan speaks up again, You think he will go there? Perhaps we can take him by surprise...

Felhammer
2012-02-28, 12:53 AM
As you debate what to do, the man standing in the Elder's Hall laughs loudly as he pushes the fountain of glowing water to the floor - shattering the fountain and spilling its contents. He yells, "I am the King of all Drow and now nothing will stand between me and my plans for WORLD DOMINATION! Not the Dragons of Argonessen, not the Inspired of Sarlona, not the petty royalty of Khorvaire, not the Chieftains of Xen'Drik and certainly not that vile little gnome! I am IMMORTAL and I will reign SUPREME!"

The Drow King calls for his Slaad to cease their fun and come to him. As they waddle over, the Drow walks out of the shadowy hall and reveals himself - he is a dark skinned elf, very muscular and well toned. He wears a white fur loin cloth and a gold-lined, shimmering midnight blue cape and an iron mask, which hides his face.

He looks to his Slaad and yells - "The Elixir of Un-immortality is no more. The Goblin's cursed sword is now powerless against my might! Only three men now know how to create the elixir. We must find these three men and slay each. One is a Gnome from Karrnath, he is an inventor and a tinkerer. He went into hiding a generation ago. I am charging the two of you with finding him and bring me his head."

The Blue Slaad speaks, "It shhhhal be done, my God."

The Red Slaad squirms as he asks, "God, can I devour his body?"

The Drow laughs loudly and proclaims, "Yes my son. You may devour his body but, BRING HIS HEAD BACK TO ME WHOLE!"

The Slaads chortle loudly with their god before each regurgitates a large broom stick. Upon mounting their brooms, the Slaads yell, "Your will be done God!" As they do, the broom sticks hover for a moment, levitating the Slaads roughly 5 feet off the ground before they race off into the sky like red and blue rockets.

The King watches his servants, or rather sons, fly off. After they disappear from sight he reaches into his cape a reveals a circular black disc. He tosses it onto the ground, as he does the disc grows in size to about five feet in diameter. The Drow King's servants hop into the hole one at a time. Once all have entered, the Drow King hops in himself. Moments afterward a hand reaches up out of the disc and pulls the spot into itself, blinking out of existence.

kladams707
2012-03-02, 10:20 AM
"Alright, we have our choice. Go back to the goblin camp and make a plan or go back to the gnome. It seems he might know something to help us, and it also seems those Slaads just took off for him," Shaena said.

Dr.Samurai
2012-03-03, 01:54 AM
Finn

Finnan's lip curls at the sight of the drow king. Such wanton destruction enrages the halfling. Still looking at the blaze after the villains depart, he addresses the shadowy elusive shifter beside him, Malorn, if you get to him first, save me a piece.

It seems the goblins and the sword don't matter anymore. Only the professor, I think, can hurt him now with that elixir. We should head back to Khorvaire and catch those frog beasts unawares.

kladams707
2012-03-05, 09:22 AM
Shaena nods. She looks to the others. "Are we all in agreement?"[/b]

Felhammer
2012-03-06, 02:19 PM
OOC-Are you going to search the Drow camp or talk to the Goblins before you depart?

Felhammer
2012-03-07, 07:00 PM
You inspect the Drow camp. It is truly a horrid sight. The mangled corpses of children, women and men lie strewn about the camp. Puddles of blood saturate the earth, making it squishy and muddy. Few remain alive, and those that do beg for death with their last few gasps of life. Anything of value the Drow had - from animals, to gold, to pottery - are all either flayed, stolen or broken. Inside the Elder's Hut, you find the broken fountain that once housed the glowing blue water. A small amount of the water landed in a wooden bowl. Its shimmering glow warms your heart for unknown reasons. As you search through the debris, you find a note hidden beneath the butchered corpse of one of the Elders. This note states the following:

"Outlanders - The Drow King knows of our plans and is upon us. I write this note with the hope that you find it. The Drow King seeks the sacred tears of a thousand elven slaves - a relic which we Drow of this island have cherished and kept safe for a thousand years. You must bathe the Sword you obtained from the Goblins in the liquid. It will allow the sword to break through the first shield that protects the Drow King. After that you must seek out Professor Gnomala. He will know the next step in the ritual that will forge the blade into the weapon that will slay the Drow King."

kladams707
2012-03-08, 11:22 AM
How did they know we obtained the sword, Shaena first thought to herself. Oh well, that's the least of our worries. She took her sword and soaked it in the special liquid was left over. SHe then turned to the others "Well that settles it. We need to get to Gnomala."

Dr.Samurai
2012-03-10, 11:03 AM
Finn

Finnan stalks through the carnage atop Rengu, wondering if anyone was left alive. The scene is disturbing, and he vows vengeance for the drow more than once as he makes his way through the village. He catches up to Shaena in the Elder's Hut where she is reading the note left behind. She hands it to Finnan for him to read as she wets her sword with the glowing water from the bowl.

Right then. We need to get back to the portal. We won't beat those creatures on these blasted carpets.

Pulling Rengu back atop the flying carpet, Finnan, remembering how they first came upon the drow village, leads the way back to the portal.

Leon
2012-03-10, 12:10 PM
A properly calibrated portal is the fastest way to travel

kladams707
2012-03-10, 12:53 PM
it's a bump