PDA

View Full Version : I need help [silly]

Dimers
2011-12-14, 04:44 AM
I need help in more than one sense. :smallamused:

My spirit, long troubled by the preponderance of over-similar nomenclature in 4e, finally snapped last night. But rather than breaking down and sobbing, I find I've come through the other side with a sense of detachment, amusement and serenity. Therefore, I've decided that I have become Enlightened. Being a man with a holy vision, it is now my mission to bring to pass the creation of that which I once looked upon with loathing but now recognize as necessary to my flowering.

I will make a warforged warlord|warlock/warden, and I will make it damn well.

I'll raise Str and Cha -- Con might grant me more bonuses than Cha, but I want to keep my defenses high. It doesn't matter much which pact I use, since I don't have to pick any particular warlock at-will. I'll pick up chain armor + light shield with Hybrid Talent, then Arcane Implement Proficiency with heavy blades so that I can use a weapliment.

The build is actually not bad. It doesn't synergize especially well, but it'll still probably be more effective than, say, a typical seeker.

The problem I'm experiencing is in selecting a paragon path. Obviously, it should start with "War-", and it has to be something a warforged warlock warlord warden can take. Warmaster is fine for epic destiny, but there's a dearth of appropriate names among the paragon paths. Warforged Juggernaut is an option, but its charge focus doesn't mesh well with anything else about the build, and like I said, I want to make this combo well. The only other paths I could find that were even close were Platinum Warlord and Zephyr Warchief. So ...

TL;DR What paragon paths have a name that starts with "War-" and would be good for a warforged warlord|warlock/warden?

Edited to add: I'd also welcome suggestions of any themes, weapons, or anything else that might possibly be relevant. Since I don't yet have DDI, references would be great too.

Leolo
2011-12-14, 04:52 AM
Breach Warden could work.

Kurald Galain
2011-12-14, 07:29 AM
War Wizard of Cormyr? (FRPG)

Yeah, probably not, considering it has wizard as a prereq. But that's the only thing that comes to mind other than Warpriest (PHB1).

Blackdrop
2011-12-14, 10:47 AM
Building off of Kurald's suggestion, you could change Warlord to Warpriest (cleric) and have a Warforged Warpriest|Warlock/Warden Warpriest, for some redundancy fun.

Dimers
2011-12-14, 11:12 AM
Building off of Kurald's suggestion, you could change Warlord to Warpriest (cleric) and have a Warforged Warpriest|Warlock/Warden Warpriest, for some redundancy fun.

I like where you're going with that, but ... *checks updates* Oh, right, now the paragon path lets you use Str for the attacks. Goodgoodgood! And warpriest benefits from Charisma just like warlord does. Of course, now the paragon path is called "Tactical Warpriest", but it's about as close as anything else so far. :smallsmile:

Heck, for that matter I could take out warden altogether and make it a Warpriest|Warlock/Warlord Warpriest Warmaster. A little better stat synergy that way, since warden powers don't care about Charisma.

So now I just need to get DDI or the relevant Essentials book, 'cos I have no idea what a (base class) warpriest can do ...

Er, is there a way to cram in both warden and warpriest? How does the Windrise Ports background work? Again, lacking the source material. :smallconfused:

Dimers
2011-12-14, 11:13 AM

I like where you're going with that, but ... *checks updates* Oh, right, now the paragon path lets you use Str for the attacks. Goodgoodgood! And warpriest benefits from Charisma just like warlord does. Of course, now the paragon path is called "Tactical Warpriest", but it's about as close as anything else so far. :smallsmile:

Heck, for that matter I could take out warden altogether and make it a Warpriest|Warlock/Warlord Warpriest Warmaster. A little better stat synergy that way, since warden powers don't care about Charisma.

So now I just need to get DDI or the relevant Essentials book, 'cos I have no idea what a (base class) warpriest can do ...

Er, is there a way to cram in both warden and warpriest? How does the Windrise Ports background work? Again, lacking the source material. :smallconfused:

Kurald Galain
2011-12-14, 11:50 AM
The warpriest is the new cleric build from HOFL. It is mostly similar to a 4.0 cleric, but gets its encounter powers locked in.

How does the Windrise Ports background work?
It used to let you take multiclass feats for two different classes, but was errata'ed over a year ago. Now it does nothing much.

Dimers
2011-12-15, 12:17 AM
Found another pun one! With either warden or the warpriest paragon path, a Mark of Warding could be worthwhile.

Any other suggestions? :smalltongue:

Kurald Galain
2011-12-15, 07:38 AM
Well, you could wield a WAR pick and equip a holy symbol of WARding...

Leolo
2011-12-15, 11:00 AM
Don't forget your warhorse!

Emongnome777
2011-12-15, 12:51 PM
You also want to make sure everything your character does lines up with RAW (war spelled backwards).

The Glyphstone
2011-12-15, 12:55 PM
You also want to make sure everything your character does lines up with RAW (war spelled backwards).

Wouldn't a proper War character be 100% illegal, since WAR is the opposite of RAW?

Aron Times
2011-12-15, 05:27 PM
You should name him/her/it Barktooth Warbeard. BEWARE TEH WARBREAD!!1

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Handlers/Image.ashx?multiverseid=1647&type=card

Dimers
2011-12-15, 11:57 PM

Gosh, I'm not sure, I was thinking "Warren Warburton of Warsaw", but Warbeard is a particularly awesome name. If I do go that route, I'll be sure to take one necrotic power and two fire powers.

I love you people. :smallbiggrin:

Shyftir
2011-12-16, 07:01 PM
I just want you to know that this thread makes me feel WARm all over.

The Glyphstone
2011-12-16, 07:02 PM

Would he also wield Dwarven Warbread?

Vknight
2011-12-19, 01:35 PM
NO silly a Dwarven Waraxe

Daftendirekt
2011-12-22, 03:19 AM
MC Bard and take the War Chanter Paragon Path?

Dimers
2011-12-22, 11:03 AM
MC Bard and take the War Chanter Paragon Path?

Nah, if I MC bard then I can't MC Warpriest or Warden.

Hmmm ... maybe I could ride a warg instead of a warhorse ...