PDA

View Full Version : foreshadow moment

denthor
2011-12-16, 11:02 PM
Did anybody else catch the speach bubble where Tarquin says it always the protagaist that bleeds sweats and DIES.

I am sure that is nothing comic #821 panel 10

Dr.Epic
2011-12-16, 11:03 PM
Did anybody else catch the speach bubble where Tarquin says it always the protagaist that bleeds sweats and DIES.

I am sure that is nothing comic #821 panel 10

Yeah, except, usually it's the protagonist that lives, unless its Shakespeare we're talking about. But in Shakespeare, really, everyone can and most likely will die.

Leecros
2011-12-16, 11:14 PM
What makes you think that it's foreshadowing?

Outside of your Sea Green super-sized text.

Emanick
2011-12-16, 11:20 PM
The main protagonist of the comic has already died. Ho hum.

Spookymurloc
2011-12-16, 11:23 PM
edited 'cause my post was a non sequitor :smalltongue:

In many stories a protagonist (if there is more than one) will die/sacrifice themselves in order for the rest of the party to succeed.
If this happens, it makes the ironic twist of the villain snatching the prize away more dramatic.
As a genre-savvy type, Tarquin would be aware that it's possible for the heroes to die while trying to foil the villain, because their death adds more drama.

I don't think he was really foreshadowing anything, I think he was simply stating what is a common feature in many stories.

edited again 'cause I stinkz at da spellingz and clar'f'cat'uns 'n' stuff.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 12:09 AM
The main protagonist of the comic has already died. Ho hum.

But the demon roaches are still alive.:smallwink:

rbetieh
2011-12-17, 01:28 AM
But the demon roaches are still alive.:smallwink:

Not all of them, O-chul killed one.

Cranica
2011-12-17, 05:33 AM
Well, we know this story has a happy ending for Elan courtesy of the Oracle, so I dunno.

NerfTW
2011-12-17, 12:51 PM
Protagonist doesn't just refer to Elan.

We already have two impending death prophecies. Belkar and Durkon. And Durkon definitely counts as a protagonist, and needs to be dead before they get to the next gate (if it's in the Dwarven lands). And Belkar is only a week or so from his impending expiration date.

Good catch. It's pretty likely that one of them will die soon. Although there's always someone saying that ever since Belkar activated his Mark of Justice. Usually with a "Well, there's no suspense now, Belkar is obviously going to die here" comment that's been proven false every time.

Well, we know this story has a happy ending for Elan courtesy of the Oracle, so I dunno.

That doesn't rule out temporary hardships or death at all, especially in a setting where death is just a minor and expensive setback.

Although that does raise an interesting point about Penelope. Now that we know Tarquin didn't kill her, and Nale didn't kill her, then who killed her and why hasn't Tarquin just raised her and asked? Or communed with the dead, since he has a cleric who worships death with him?

denthor
2011-12-17, 02:21 PM
What makes you think that it's foreshadowing?

Outside of your Sea Green super-sized text.

Just for giggles tee hee

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 03:17 PM
Not all of them, O-chul killed one.

Not even O-Chul can kill them. They have +25 Natural Plot Armor.:smallwink:

Leecros
2011-12-17, 03:57 PM
Not even O-Chul can kill them. They have +25 Natural Plot Armor.:smallwink:

blasphemy, that's not even high enough to stop O-Chul from killing them.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 07:34 PM
blasphemy, that's not even high enough to stop O-Chul from killing them.

The roaches also have DR 100/-.:smallwink:

Emanick
2011-12-17, 11:10 PM

Your point? :smallwink:

Chess Tyrant
2011-12-19, 01:10 AM
That said, they've already gone through sweat and blood (the desert, then this latest battle), and Belkar's destined to die in the near future, so Tarquin might be on to something.

Occasional Sage
2011-12-19, 02:25 AM
Although that does raise an interesting point about Penelope. Now that we know Tarquin didn't kill her, and Nale didn't kill her, then who killed her and why hasn't Tarquin just raised her and asked? Or communed with the dead, since he has a cleric who worships death with him?

Perhaps, as the guilty party, the cleric won't cooperate?

Killer Angel
2011-12-19, 04:48 AM

I hate all those DMPC roaches... :smalltongue:

Kish
2011-12-19, 11:37 AM
Perhaps, as the guilty party, the cleric won't cooperate?
Malack has never appeared to feel guilty about anything.