PDA

View Full Version : Mirror Mirror

Dr.Epic
2011-12-17, 08:28 PM
:smallsigh: just :smallsigh:

trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs)

I mean, do I really have to say why this looks bad? It's campy. It's cheesy. And not in a good way. I got tired of talking about it in the SW&tH thread, so I made this one. And this just looks bad. Very bad. Every character seems to be a comic relief, and the jokes aren't funny. Even in a comedy, you need some degree of sincerity to create a contrast to the humor so both seem better by comparison and so the story can be more than just dumb jokes.

Thoughts?

Xondoure
2011-12-17, 11:03 PM
:smallsigh: just :smallsigh:

trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpLVO396eHs)

I mean, do I really have to say why this looks bad? It's campy. It's cheesy. And not in a good way. I got tired of talking about it in the SW&tH thread, so I made this one. And this just looks bad. Very bad. Every character seems to be a comic relief, and the jokes aren't funny. Even in a comedy, you need some degree of sincerity to create a contrast to the humor so both seem better by comparison and so the story can be more than just dumb jokes.

Thoughts?

I still think it looks better than the other Snow White movie. They both look drekful though.

Felhammer
2011-12-18, 12:51 AM
So... Fairest doesn't mean beautiful, it means dark neanderthal-like eyebrows and pale skin now...?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 12:54 AM
I still think it looks better than the other Snow White movie. They both look drekful though.

At least it seems like they're trying with the Huntsman. The bad puns in the trailer are a thousand times worse than this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRH-Ywpz1_I). Not to mention that one has Chris Hemsworth.

Felhammer
2011-12-18, 12:57 AM
Mirror, Mirror looks like a TV Movie made on a shoe-string budget for some third-rate cable channel.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 12:59 AM
Mirror, Mirror looks like a TV Movie made on a shoe-string budget for some third-rate cable channel.

So, Level Up then? No wait, Cartoon Network isn't quite a third-rate cable channel...yet.:smallwink:

Felhammer
2011-12-18, 01:11 AM
So, Level Up then? No wait, Cartoon Network isn't quite a third-rate cable channel...yet.:smallwink:

Lifetime!

The movie obviously is about how men are evil and women are awesome! :smalltongue:

averagejoe
2011-12-18, 03:19 AM
The beginning of the trailer looked like it had some Boliwood thing going.

They should just take that and run with it.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-18, 03:21 AM
Lifetime!

The movie obviously is about how men are evil and women are awesome! :smalltongue:

Men are not evil. They're TN, CN at worst.:smallwink:

pita
2011-12-18, 07:50 AM
Both movies look atrocious, but the casting of Charlize Theron as the queen is inspired, because I can see her as the fairest one of all. Julia Roberts, on the other hand... I don't see the appeal. Never have.
Same with the Snow Whites. Mirror Mirror's Snow White scares me, where Stewart is really good looking.
I want to see a movie of the Neil Gaiman version. Or at least a good movie other than the Disney one. It really shouldn't be that hard. This is one of my favorite Grimms' stories for a reason. These both look like crimes against film, thoug Mirror looks like a more campy one. Too bad I don't like camp in films. I might check out the other one with my sister.