PDA

View Full Version : To all the people who take the time to homebrew:

tonberrian
2011-12-21, 12:32 AM
You all are just awesome people. Thank you.

Wyntonian
2011-12-21, 12:41 AM
Hey, thanks. I appreciate that, really. I'm not as prolific as some people *CoughNeoSeraphicough*, but I try to make some nice things. Thanks again.

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-21, 12:45 AM
Thank YOU good sir! I know that I feel validated and like my time is being well spent when someone comes out and says they appreciate my efforts. :smallsmile:

bobthe6th
2011-12-21, 12:46 AM
will second that.

I'd also thank those willing to PEACH, mostly to get them to do it more...

BelGareth
2011-12-21, 12:52 AM
Hey, thanks. I appreciate that, really. I'm not as prolific as some people *CoughNeoSeraphicough*, but I try to make some nice things. Thanks again.

LOL :smallbiggrin:

But seriously, thank you to those who Homebrew well designed items, you know who you are (like the two above...) You guys inspire me to do it, I only try:smallsmile:

starwoof
2011-12-21, 12:57 AM
I'd like to extend my thanks to the homebrewers as well. Your work keeps me inspired to spit out my own. Especially everyone in the world building section; I read every thread. :smallbiggrin:

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-21, 12:57 AM

Hey now! I only have...79 pieces of homebrew in my extended signature (not counting the 10 or so pieces I've made that I didn't like and therefore never made it into the signature). That doesn't make me some kind of..homebrewing junkie!

Noctis Vigil
2011-12-21, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure anyone else on the forum here has that much homebrew under their belt, NeoSeraphi. Admit it: you're addicted. :smalltongue:

I also thank those who homebrew. I honestly have lost count of the amount of homebrew things off these forums that have hit my campaigns.

And an extra special massive thank you to in-depth PEACHers. A well thought out point by point detailing of everything we did right or wrong is insanely helpful.

Zaydos
2011-12-21, 01:07 AM
Hey now! I only have...79 pieces of homebrew in my extended signature (not counting the 10 or so pieces I've made that I didn't like and therefore never made it into the signature). That doesn't make me some kind of..homebrewing junkie!

Yes it does; we love you for it, though.

Knaight
2011-12-21, 01:09 AM
I'm not sure anyone else on the forum here has that much homebrew under their belt, NeoSeraphi. Admit it: you're addicted. :smalltongue:
Fax Celestis and Zeta Kai both do. Afrokuoma might. Doc Roc probably does, though that depends on how you count Legend. We have a lot of prolific home brewers on this forum - and probably a bunch of people who are prolific home brewers but just do most of their brewing elsewhere.

starwoof
2011-12-21, 01:10 AM
When I start to make a class I always think "Now how do I format this? I bet I can go to the first page of the homebrew forum and use NeoSeraphi's latest post as a template..."

EDIT: Whenever I see AfroAkuma I always think about how much he hates... HATES... the name Hourglass of Zihaja. I have yet to call in my marker on a free homebrew for that one... :smallbiggrin:

The-Mage-King
2011-12-21, 01:40 AM
Well then, thank you very much.

Being awesome comes quite easily to me, honestly.

Amechra
2011-12-21, 02:35 AM
Thank you so very much!

I really should 'brew some more stuff. Who knows, maybe one of these days I'll design something that uses a subsystem like its supposed to be used...

Hazzardevil
2011-12-21, 06:00 AM
I would like to say thank you for the compliment, but I know that you are not talking about me, my homebrew tends to get little attention. Maybe I need to start coming up with class features for my Hate Fighter.:smallwink:

Eldan
2011-12-21, 07:07 AM
Thank you. I'd also like to thank anyone who homebrews on this forum. You people are all awesome, you do fantastic work. I love a lot of your stuff more than the actual books.

As an aside: I'm finally working on a few projects again, both loosely etherworld connected. One is about fey, psionics and dreams, the other is about Nathri. I'll see where they'll go.

Pyromancer999
2011-12-21, 07:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for their thanks. I've got roughly 60 pieces of homebrew floating around these forums, although some of it better than others when it comes to my early work. So I'm almost at NeoSeraphi's level. Almost. Looking to put out some more stuff within the next couple weeks or so.

Also, thanks to other homebrewers, as I've used homebrew from other homebrewers, and it has been good. :smallbiggrin:

And as has been said, thanks to the PEACHers. It really helps flesh out a homebrew when feedback is given.

Morph Bark
2011-12-21, 08:16 AM

I just wanted to say: +1 to this.
I don't count because I don't take the time to homebrew. I make time.

Almagesto
2011-12-21, 11:33 AM
Well, thank you for a very kind post. It's true that most of us that homebrew don't do so in such large quantities. Also, must of us also tend to PEACH whenever possible - I guess that's also a core part of our homebrewing experience. That being said, I consider myself a homebrewer and I sincerly thank everyone in this post that's been kind enough to drop a nice line; especially Tonberrian.

Prime32
2011-12-21, 11:47 AM
After counting I have 70+ homebrew threads (some including multiple classes etc.), but most of them are on BG.

So I'm not sure whether I'm being praised here or not. :smalltongue:

Howler Dagger
2011-12-21, 12:14 PM
I would like to say thank you for the compliment, but I know that you are not talking about me, my homebrew tends to get little attention. Maybe I need to start coming up with class features for my Hate Fighter.:smallwink:

Same here, I barely ever get any PEACHES when I homebrew, that is why I stopped.

If you don't believe I homebrewed, I have 1 3.5 base class, 2 4e races, and a 4e campaign setting. Only one of those got a reasonable amount of PEACHes.

EDIT: Did I mention I reposted the 4e setting after awhile, and it still didn't get any comments. Seriously, when I homebrew I'm lucky if anybody posts on the thread, much less PEACHes.

EDIT EDIT: I also had a compendium of Arkham Horror homebrew whos comments basicly amounted to "Your stuff is cool".

NeoSeraphi
2011-12-21, 02:39 PM
Those who PEACH are contributing in an important way to the homebrewing process! If WotC had PEACHers, maybe the monk would have proficiency with his unarmed strikes, the dread necromancer's fear aura wouldn't scare people forever and the duskblade would be able to use clubs and spears along with his greatclub and lance. :smallbiggrin:

Everyone makes mistakes. It's the people that help edit it that change a class from good to great.

Amechra
2011-12-21, 04:12 PM
I have to admit, I will oftentimes not PEACH something because I don't have the time or inclination to give the brewing what it deserves.

And I really do think that more people need to comment on weird ideas; I mean, it's a mighty boring world when everyone makes a plain old spellcaster, rather than doing something like my Touched Warrior (Maneuvers as Invocations, with Stances you can swap out daily), or the Sublime Wizard by NeoSeraphi (I like it... though a martial familiar would be sweet.), or other wondrously weird stuff.

And if there aren't comments, the brewer loses heart, and there goes a freakin' awesome idea (Xefas brewed one post worth of +0 LA/1 HD Anthropomorphic Animals who were Native Outsiders for the material plane. If the forums didn't frown on necromancy so, I would have left a ton of comments.)

And before people say, "But I don't know how powerful that is compared to everything else!", that's fine; that's what playtesting is for. I suggest that you at least make a post pointing out stuff you like in the brew, so that the homebrewer knows that there is interest.

And so I just ranted with what was supposed to be a two-three sentence response. Wow.

[Note to self: Update the Librarian and the Nord's Blade soon; as they stand, one is confusingly broad and the other is just unsatisfactory. They need their own systems, damn it!]

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-12-21, 04:28 PM

And, for posting this, *you* are also an awesome person. From all of us homebrewers, this felt good to read! :smallbiggrin:

ShiningStarling
2011-12-21, 06:07 PM
I would like to say thank you for the compliment, but I know that you are not talking about me, my homebrew tends to get little attention.

Couldn't have said it better myself, thanks for the encouragement though.

The Tygre
2011-12-21, 06:12 PM
No sir, thank you for saying 'Thank You'. Our homebrewers need the encouragement. :smallsmile:

Edge
2011-12-21, 06:27 PM
I'm not very prolific (hell, I'm not prolific at all), but your thanks warm the cockles of my cold and barren heart.

Whilst I'm here, I'd like to give a shout out to Krimm_Blackleaf and The Demented One, whose homebrew inspired my own early efforts. Thanks guys. Now I can only homebrew martial adept PrCs.

:smalltongue:

Djinn_in_Tonic
2011-12-21, 06:44 PM
No sir, thank you for saying 'Thank You'. Our homebrewers need the encouragement. :smallsmile:

Nah...I need inspiration, which I just haven't been having lately. :smallfrown:

Zaydos
2011-12-21, 07:06 PM

You can say that again. I've made some stuff recently just to make stuff, but it isn't inspired at all. I do have a class on my laptop I've been tinkering with but it doesn't have internet connection and I've been too lazy to get out my flash drive.

And if we're counting up our homebrew, what does over doubling the number of true dragons count as :smallbiggrin:

Morph Bark
2011-12-21, 07:16 PM

I feel accomplished as a homebrewer whenever it seems I inspired someone else to homebrew something, or to play something or put something in a campaign they DM.

I HAVE FAILED YOU DJINN.

I must make this better with chocolate cookies and playing organ music to calm my sorrowful mortal soul.

Amechra
2011-12-21, 08:56 PM
Funny, I've been having a noticeable lack of real inspiration lately...

Clearly, someone is stealing our inspiration!

Melayl
2011-12-21, 09:25 PM
Funny, I've been having a noticeable lack of real inspiration lately...

Clearly, someone is stealing our inspiration!

Damned Factotums and their Fonts...

I too would like to add my thanks to those who brew and those who PEACH. I don't do enough of either. I have also been lacking inspiration, but lacking more in time. Someday...

peacenlove
2011-12-22, 10:01 AM
While I had an active homebrewing streak and critique of other homebrews, it would be inappropriate not to thank the dedicated homebrewers and also the people who PEACH or even test homebrew regularly or via PM.

Thank you all for your hard work and inspiration. No, really you improved my games immensely :smallsmile:

Debihuman
2011-12-22, 10:41 AM
And, for posting this, *you* are also an awesome person. From all of us homebrewers, this felt good to read! :smallbiggrin:

Ditto.

I know I've made y'all crazy with my suggestions and edits. Without the homebrewers here, this forum would be sad and lonely. It takes guts to put something on a public forum and even more guts to take the criticism that results. I've seen a lot fine, gutsy, and creative folks here. I feel privileged to be among them.

Debby

Silva Stormrage
2011-12-22, 03:15 PM
Yes I would also like to thank all those in depth reviewers. You guys have been incredibly helpful in making my classes better and more balanced :smallbiggrin:

Zaydos
2011-12-22, 10:12 PM
Ditto.

I know I've made y'all crazy with my suggestions and edits. Without the homebrewers here, this forum would be sad and lonely. It takes guts to put something on a public forum and even more guts to take the criticism that results. I've seen a lot fine, gutsy, and creative folks here. I feel privileged to be among them.

Debby

You don't make us crazy. Believe me there have been some things I wouldn't have posted except I knew you'd at least critique them.

Also I think this thread has got me working on base classes... I'm bad with base classes and some of the ones I have in mind have the flimsiest of pretenses (not posted... because I haven't finished it yet).

Bhu
2011-12-23, 02:18 AM
Ditto.

Debby

You are more of a help to people than you realize.

Coidzor
2011-12-23, 03:13 AM
That reminds me. I should finish the current batch of homebrew I started on around halloween. x.x