PDA

View Full Version : Prometheus : The Search Begins

Caesar
2011-12-25, 03:24 PM
Ridley Scott has returned, to his fans, to science-fiction, and to arguably the beginning of his very career.

Prometheus, the prequel to the psychological thriller/space horror Alien, is hitting the theaters in 2012, and the first official trailer has been released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIBiimdaj3A

At first, I was doubtful, having seen a few stills of the snazzy costumes. After reading Ridley's Iceland comic-con interview, and seeing the trailer, I have a shift in my core belief system. This movie is going to, hopefully, set the bar for true hard core sci-fi movies with real plots. I can barely wait. What does the playground think?

Dr.Epic
2011-12-25, 06:47 PM
I don't know how good it'll be. Not once in the trailer did I see a guy chained to a rock with a bird eating his liver.:smallwink:

Bhu
2011-12-26, 05:13 PM
the studio made him rewrite parts of teh script to avoid an r, and halved his budget. could be iffy

KingofMadCows
2011-12-26, 05:16 PM
Rewrite is bad but lower budget might be OK. Remember, Alien only had a budget of $11 million and Aliens had a budget of $18 million. Lower budget means the director will have to make the story stronger and be more creative in how they use the special effects.

Also, I hope they can get Cameron back to do Promethi.

Dr.Epic
2011-12-26, 06:18 PM
the studio made him rewrite parts of teh script to avoid an r

Well that worked great for Alien v. Predator.:smallwink: :smallannoyed:

Also, what's with every new film doing the Inception music in the trailer?

Bhu
2011-12-26, 09:22 PM
Rewrite is bad but lower budget might be OK. Remember, Alien only had a budget of $11 million and Aliens had a budget of $18 million. Lower budget means the director will have to make the story stronger and be more creative in how they use the special effects.

Also, I hope they can get Cameron back to do Promethi.

He wanted 250 million for budget. Script rewrite was largely to reflect lower budget as well.

Caesar
2011-12-27, 05:02 AM
Ugh, they forced him to rewrite from an R rating? I hate movie execs. They are the worst thing ever, its like chaining an artist to an accountant. My heart sunk a tiny bit there =(

Killer Angel
2011-12-27, 07:28 AM
It's an alien movie. I'll certainly watch it, then I'll judge. :smallwink:

Caesar
2011-12-27, 02:14 PM
It's an alien movie. I'll certainly watch it, then I'll judge. :smallwink:

Well, unless he is just pulling the wool over our eyes, Scott says there is no xenomorph in the film, whatsoever. "They sqeezed every last drop out of it", in his own words. There is the spacejockey and his horseshoe ship from the first film, however, and the story behind them, which apparently contains threads to the xenomorph's existance.

Bhu
2011-12-27, 03:58 PM
Apparently it also contained a fair bit of nudity, sex, and disturbing material. It was supposed to be a fairly hard R, with the opening scene being Charlize Theron doing nude push ups.

I cannot express how disappointed I am :smalltongue:

pita
2011-12-27, 07:02 PM
You kid, but my heart and other bits died a little upon hearing that scene was planned to be and never would be.
Goddammit I love Charlize Theron too much.

Killer Angel
2011-12-28, 03:31 AM
Well, unless he is just pulling the wool over our eyes, Scott says there is no xenomorph in the film, whatsoever. "They sqeezed every last drop out of it", in his own words.

Whoa... that... could be even more interesting.

Maelstrom
2011-12-28, 06:09 AM
Apparently it also contained a fair bit of nudity, sex, and disturbing material. It was supposed to be a fairly hard R, with the opening scene being Charlize Theron doing nude push ups.

I cannot express how disappointed I am :smalltongue:

Man, now I *really* hate Hollywood for such blatant artistic censure!

:smallsmile:

Bhu
2011-12-28, 08:49 PM
You kid, but my heart and other bits died a little upon hearing that scene was planned to be and never would be.
Goddammit I love Charlize Theron too much.

Theres always the 'unrated dvd release'

pita
2011-12-29, 05:00 AM
Theres always the 'unrated dvd release'

I love you, you beautiful beautiful man.

Caesar
2011-12-29, 05:10 AM
I love you, you beautiful beautiful man.

Ninjas. Ninjas everywhere.

KingofMadCows
2011-12-29, 05:31 AM
How do you know they filmed that scene? I demand proof! Show us now or be forever condemned as a charlatan.

Bhu
2011-12-29, 09:13 PM
How do you know they filmed that scene? I demand proof! Show us now or be forever condemned as a charlatan.

It was in part of a leaked script, I don't know if it's actually been shot yet or not (my point being that a lot of films go for pg13 in theaters now and then go unrated for dvd release when they put scenes back in).

Be assured if it exists I will find it and casually link to it somewhere other than this forum (no sense givin' the mods heart attacks).