PDA

View Full Version : the world of ivalice

oblivion6
2011-12-26, 11:51 PM
hi all. i recently began building a campaign setting and iv decided to share it with everyone here on the forums andsee what everyone thinks. as this is stil a work in progress it will be constantly updated as i get more work done on the setting

ivalice is a world in the midst of a massive war between the 2empires of rozaria in the north and galebdhur to the south. ivalice is rife with adventure as the ruins of ancient civilizations are discovered everyday and mercenary bands are constantly on the lookout for potentiol recruits in this war torn land

Omeganaut
2012-01-08, 09:41 AM
To get feedback, it really would help to use proper grammar and capitalization. If it looks bad, even if the content is good other people will not want to read it. Once that is fixed, what you have so far is merely your inspiration for creating the setting; there is not really anything to be critiqued so far. If you want us to evaluate your setting, please put up more information on it.

Shades of Gray
2012-01-08, 09:50 AM
What he said. In addition... this seems to be taken from Final Fantasy Tactics. It's set in Ivalice, and Rozaria exists as a kingdom in that game. Not having played it, I cannot comment on Galebdhur.

If you want critique, please submit some more details and format properly.

oblivion6
2012-01-09, 10:54 AM
To get feedback, it really would help to use proper grammar and capitalization. If it looks bad, even if the content is good other people will not want to read it. Once that is fixed, what you have so far is merely your inspiration for creating the setting; there is not really anything to be critiqued so far. If you want us to evaluate your setting, please put up more information on it.

ya i plan to update the thread when i have time. i have been kinda busy so i have not really had time to update what i have done so far. check back tomorrow and i will have more info

What he said. In addition... this seems to be taken from Final Fantasy Tactics. It's set in Ivalice, and Rozaria exists as a kingdom in that game. Not having played it, I cannot comment on Galebdhur.

If you want critique, please submit some more details and format properly.
yes that is where i recieved the inspiration for the setting:smallsmile: however i couldnt remember the name of the 2nd nation so i just came up with something else. with that said its not gonna be a total rip off of that world

oblivion6
2012-01-10, 01:00 AM
here is alittle background on the 2 empires before i go into more detail. im open to suggestions and ideas

rozaria
rozaria is a relativly wealthy empire situated between the great southern ocean and the independant states and nations to the north that serve as sort of buffer zone between it and the war mongering empire of galebdhur occupying the northern part of the continent

galebdhur
galebdhur is a a large war like empire that occupys the northern half of the continent. the common people galebdhur are quite poor as almost all of their economy is devoted to military spending and funding massive expiditions into the deadlands of nebradia. as a result of all the military spending galebdhur has the largest army in the known world. so powerful in fact that if it wasnt for the emperors focous on the deadlands, galebdhurs legions would have probably overrun the rest of the continent

oblivion6
2012-01-17, 12:46 AM
rozaria

not finished yet

overview
rozaria is a wealthy empire ruled by emperor solidine and his council of princes. rozaria is situated on the southerm part of the continent. it is 1 of the continents 2 great empires seperated from each other by only a few small independant nations and the nebradius deadlands

citys
al`akir: the capital of rozaria, al`akir is centrally located on the banks of the nedrane river. al`akir is also the home of over a third of rozarias army and roughly half of its formidable airship fleet. al`akirs citizenry are a proud and independant people and it is this attidude that a has allowed them to subjigate the rest of rozaria

talack:the city of talack is situated on the border of rozaria and the free state of damascus. the people of taleck are widely considered to be some of the fairest and most generous people in all of rozaria which probably stems from their willful merge with rozaria. this merge has allowed the citizens of talack to retain many of the freedoms that they would have been forced to give up had they let rozaria forcefully conquer them

Keeindron
2012-01-17, 09:35 PM
Would this have anything to do with that last name?Galeb Duhr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeb_duhr).

Just out of idle curiosity. It sounded familiar.

Sorry for those of you caught in the blackout :O

oblivion6
2012-01-18, 06:02 PM
Would this have anything to do with that last name?Galeb Duhr (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeb_duhr).

Just out of idle curiosity. It sounded familiar.

Sorry for those of you caught in the blackout :O

nope. now that i think about it i may have gotten the name galebdhur from some sort of monster from the elemental plane of earth lol.