PDA

View Full Version : where do i post a "campaign planning log"?

Kol Korran
2012-01-07, 09:17 AM
so, a long campaign is finally over, i shall rest my head while another DM takes the reigns... or will i?

once the players decide on which idea, i have a new campaign to prepare. most ideas are kind of basic, raw at this point. i need to expand on them, some less, some quite more extensively.

i thought it might be fun (and useful to me) to do a "campaign preparation" log here on the forum... (3.5 if that matters) but where? i thought at world building but i looked there and i'm not certain. (as most of my ideas take place in Eberron and just expand on certain features in it) in this very forum might do as well, will it?

i intend to include my thoughts and advice seeking for rules for the players, developing places, NPCs, timelines, speicla themes for the campaign and such.

any suggestions? ideas?

Egiam
2012-01-07, 02:28 PM
Well, here seems like a fine place to post it, under two conditions:
-You know that your players will not view it.
-You are open to discussion by other forum members on your thread.

If this is what you want, then go for it. I would be interested to see what you come up with, and I can provide what perspective I have.

However, if you don't want people commenting on the main thread, I recommend getting your own webpage on a blogging service website.

Kol Korran
2012-01-08, 10:26 AM
under two conditions:
-You know that your players will not view it.
-You are open to discussion by other forum members on your thread.

check... and check. :smallsmile: my players won't view it if i tell them not to. they know it spoils their fun. and the reason i want it on the forums is to get critique, get advice (though i'm not promising to implement everything) and share my ideas.

more minds are better than one (sayeth the hydra).

now, just for them to decide on which campaign to play. ( i gave several possibilities)