PDA

View Full Version : Fear Domain

Notreallyhere77
2012-01-09, 01:16 PM
So, I made a domain for my Pathfinder campaign world, and I thought I'd share it with you guys. Please let me know if someone has done this before, especially if you think they did it better.

Fear Domain
Special ability: You inspire fear in those around you. Intimidate is a class skill for you.
Unsettling Gaze - Once per round, you can intimidate a foe within line of sight as a free action. If you succeed, the target is shaken for a 2d4 rounds. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to half your class level (in classes that give you access to the fear domain, minimum 1) plus your charisma bonus, if any.
Aura of Dread - At 8th level, enemies within 30 ft take a -5 penalty so saves and level checks against fear effects.
Frightful Presence - at 14th level, you gain the frightful presence ability. The DC is Charisma-based. Its effects stack with the Unsettling Gaze ability.
1- Cause Fear; 2- Scare; 3- Vision of Hell (UM); 4- Phantasmal Killer; 5- Nightmare; 6- Symbol of Fear; 7- Phantasmal Revenge (APG); 8- Antipathy; 9- Weird

Any suggestions for alternate spells?
Incidentally, if you're playing 3.5, you can:
1. Change the domain power to "All enemies within 10 feet take a -4 penalty to saves and level checks against fear effects."
2. Change the 7th- level spell to Repulsion, and the 3rd-level spell to Blade of Pain and Fear (if you have Spell Compendium), or just Hold Person.

Alex Star
2012-01-09, 01:51 PM
Fear Domain
Special ability: You inspire fear in those around you. Intimidate is a class skill for you.
Unsettling Gaze - Once per round, you can intimidate a foe within line of sight as a free action. If you succeed, the target is shaken for a 2d4 rounds. This ability can be used a number of times per day equal to half your caster level in the class/classes that give you access to the Fear domain (minimum 1) plus your charisma bonus, if any.
Aura of Dread - At 8th level, enemies within 30 ft take a -5 penalty to saving throws against fear effects.
Frightful Presence - at 14th level, you gain the frightful presence ability. The DC is Charisma-based. Its effects stack with the Unsettling Gaze ability.
1- Cause Fear; 2- Scare; 3- Vision of Hell (UM); 4- Phantasmal Killer; 5- Nightmare; 6- Symbol of Fear; 7- Phantasmal Revenge (APG); 8- Antipathy; 9- Weird

Any suggestions for alternate spells?
Incidentally, if you're playing 3.5, you can:
1. Change the domain power to "All enemies within 10 feet take a -4 penalty against fear effects."
2. Change the 7th- level spell to Repulsion, and the 3rd-level spell to Blade of Pain and Fear (if you have Spell Compendium), or just Hold Person.

A few changes to wording, just to clarify..

Notreallyhere77
2012-01-10, 12:16 PM
Fixed. Any other comments?

Maquise
2012-01-10, 06:52 PM
Looks decent enough to me to use. I'm surprised this hasn't been made already.