PDA

View Full Version : Bleach V: Well that was a waste of time (Fullbring? What's that?)

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

thubby
2012-05-16, 10:47 PM
Really? All the souls absorbed/eaten by Barragan got purified when he got aged into nothingness? And Vastolord hollows are supposed to be above captain class, so who purifies them?

we don't know what happens when a soul dies of mundane causes. (baragan essentially died of old age, after all)

and those super hollow get killed by something eventually.

Tvtyrant
2012-05-16, 11:04 PM
I am betting we get to see what a quincies Bankai looks like now. Should be exciting.

MammonAzrael
2012-05-17, 12:32 AM
we've seen behind the scenes at the science division. they would have no reason to react as alarmed as they did if this balance wasn't important.

and what would you expect for proof? spreadsheets and graphs don't make for good shonen.

As a Quincy, I would want corroborating evidence from an unbiased third party.

Imagine this: Aizen just pulled his big coup and leaves for Hueco Mundo. He then sends a message to SS basically saying, "Hey guys! You should let me be absolute ruler of everything, it's really for the best. If you don't believe me, well here is a bunch of research done by my most loyal henchmen that totally proves it! See, completely legit!"

Since we haven't seen firsthand who SS originally approached the Quincy in the hopes of explaining the unbalance they were causing, we can only extrapolate based on the dealings we have seen from SS. And what we've seen is supreme arrogance, swift violence, and blind stubbornness. We haven't seen thoughtful diplomacy or gentle understanding or willing cooperation. So chances are that whatever SS did communicate to the Quincy was so pompous, insulting, and condescending that the Quincy had little reason to believe it. After all, the group existed because of the incompetence of SS in the first place!

Now for me personally, I'd be shocked if the unbalancing reason offered by SS is false. That is for meta reasons, not because of any inherent trust I have in SS. I just don't see that as a plot twist Kubo would pull. But from a Quincy perspective, the SS's argument sounds like a lot of BS, and I'm sure the whole genocide thing doesn't help matters.

thubby
2012-05-17, 01:26 AM

such as...?

Imagine this: Aizen just pulled his big coup and leaves for Hueco Mundo. He then sends a message to SS basically saying, "Hey guys! You should let me be absolute ruler of everything, it's really for the best. If you don't believe me, well here is a bunch of research done by my most loyal henchmen that totally proves it! See, completely legit!"

and ss would analyze the data, realize he was crazy, then kill him. that's the cool thing about science, it works.

MammonAzrael
2012-05-17, 01:53 AM
such as...?

No idea. There may in fact not be any other group, as I wouldn't put it past SS to have eliminated any possibly competition. But that isn't the point. The point is that SS simply isn't trustworthy enough to take their claims at face value. And if you present me with an argument and I don't believe you or your data, it's not my responsibility to find a third party to verify, it's yours.

and ss would analyze the data, realize he was crazy, then kill him. that's the cool thing about science, it works.

You keep mentioning data. Where is this data? When is it shown that this data has been collected, processed, and analyzed? What issue of the manga is this shown or told by a trustworthy, or any, source? Beyond that, where has it been said that SS offered this data to the Quincy, so they could draw their own conclusions? Given what we've seen of SS diplomacy, I rather doubt they were that transparent.

In fact, all we've heard of SS's argument to the Quicny is "Let us deal with it." I don't recall anywhere where the SS was portrayed as trying to help the Quincy understand the why of things. Ishida's grandfather is the only Quincy I know of that believed that the old Quincy made a mistake in not listening to SS, and even the way that is presented isn't "They should have studying the data more carefully and acted upon it in a manner similar to what SS recommended," but rather "They should have blindly accepted SS's word about how things were."

thubby
2012-05-17, 02:23 AM
No idea. There may in fact not be any other group, as I wouldn't put it past SS to have eliminated any possibly competition. But that isn't the point. The point is that SS simply isn't trustworthy enough to take their claims at face value. And if you present me with an argument and I don't believe you or your data, it's not my responsibility to find a third party to verify, it's yours.

You keep mentioning data. Where is this data? When is it shown that this data has been collected, processed, and analyzed? What issue of the manga is this shown or told by a trustworthy, or any, source? Beyond that, where has it been said that SS offered this data to the Quincy, so they could draw their own conclusions? Given what we've seen of SS diplomacy, I rather doubt they were that transparent.

the data the R&D guys are clearly reacting to, what, last chapter? maybe the one before.
you're asking for scientific proof from a narrative.

i would consider mayuri reliable on factual data for our purposes. but more importantly we have a group of what should be knowledgeable characters that keep saying it's true, with no denial coming from anyone when there are at least a few who would do so if they could. the author clearly means for these things to be true.

HandofShadows
2012-05-17, 07:15 AM

Well, we already have had a Quincy say that the SS's info is accurate. You know way back when when Uryu was a new character?

MammonAzrael
2012-05-17, 12:23 PM
the data the R&D guys are clearly reacting to, what, last chapter? maybe the one before.
you're asking for scientific proof from a narrative.

Ok, so it sounds like they do have much data and monitoring on soul balancing. Do you honestly believe that SS in general and the Sceince division specifically would willingly and freely hand out this data and allow the Quincy to draw their own conclusions? Instead of just telling them to obey?

i would consider mayuri reliable on factual data for our purposes. but more importantly we have a group of what should be knowledgeable characters that keep saying it's true, with no denial coming from anyone when there are at least a few who would do so if they could. the author clearly means for these things to be true.

Oh, I believe that it's true. The argument I'm presenting is from the perspective of the Quincies. For them, the war and their cause is completely just. They have no reasons to believe SS or it's claims. If you were a Quincy, would you trust Mayuri, or anyone who served under the man the ordered the eradication of your people?

Well, we already have had a Quincy say that the SS's info is accurate. You know way back when when Uryu was a new character?

Not quite. What Uryu's grandfather said was that thought the Quincy were wrong in not listening to SS. Not because of any information or conclusions or persuasion. He believed the Quincy were wrong not to listen because a lot of people died as a result. In fact whether or not he believed the SS's claim about soul-balance was never even addressed.

thubby
2012-05-17, 09:55 PM
Oh, I believe that it's true. The argument I'm presenting is from the perspective of the Quincies. For them, the war and their cause is completely just. They have no reasons to believe SS or it's claims. If you were a Quincy, would you trust Mayuri, or anyone who served under the man the ordered the eradication of your people?

if it's objectively true the quincy should be able to study it themselves. their high caliber weapons indicate they clearly have an exceptional knowledge of spirit-science stuff

Infernally Clay
2012-05-18, 11:58 AM
if it's objectively true the quincy should be able to study it themselves. their high caliber weapons indicate they clearly have an exceptional knowledge of spirit-science stuff

Well, it's worth noting that you're talking about 19th century human beings. Even if their skill as Quincy was exceptional, they wouldn't have had much understanding of science. More than that, we must remember that Quincy only used their power to protect other humans. Even then, they only killed normal Hollows. I doubt they often took on Hollows more powerful than, say, Grand Fisher.

Yet that is entirely the problem... It sounds like the Quincy spent centuries refusing to accept negotiations with the Shinigami. It sounds like they never cared about, or believed in the idea of, the balance of souls. Like they only sought to protect humans - their "just cause". Which is why it devolved into multiple wars over the 800 years, as Kajomaru explained.

While it's kind of obvious that Soul Society was a place of pretentious jerks until Ichigo knocked some sense into them, the Quincy don't exactly sound humble either. Remember Uryu's "Tell Aizen a Quincy has come!" thing? Yeah, look how that turned out.

thubby
2012-05-18, 12:49 PM
Well, it's worth noting that you're talking about 19th century human beings. Even if their skill as Quincy was exceptional, they wouldn't have had much understanding of science. More than that, we must remember that Quincy only used their power to protect other humans. Even then, they only killed normal Hollows. I doubt they often took on Hollows more powerful than, say, Grand Fisher..

19th century humans that could manufacture weapons capable of obliterating captains in open combat.
we've seen how unimpressive quincy are on their own, it's their gear that makes them dangerous. while there's still skill required, it's ultimately quincy science running the show.

jindra34
2012-05-19, 09:33 AM
19th century humans that could manufacture weapons capable of obliterating captains in open combat.

Yeah I'm not seeing this. Cannons, muskets and such don't exactly seem like the would be very successful against any ranked shinigami much less captains (Kenpachi excluded because he would just take it to the face to show that he could.) That would be about the tech level of 200 years ago. Battlefield explosives (things which I might expect to hurt shinigami in the blast area) were pretty much implemented in WW1.

thubby
2012-05-19, 09:56 AM
Yeah I'm not seeing this. Cannons, muskets and such don't exactly seem like the would be very successful against any ranked shinigami much less captains (Kenpachi excluded because he would just take it to the face to show that he could.) That would be about the tech level of 200 years ago. Battlefield explosives (things which I might expect to hurt shinigami in the blast area) were pretty much implemented in WW1.

what are you talking about?

uryu's sanrei glove was an antique and he used it to blow mayuri in half. granted it was a pyrrhic victory, but the point remains. THAT was the level of spirit-technology the quincy could understand and manufacture back then.

HandofShadows
2012-05-19, 01:03 PM
I think the problem thubby is that you said 19th century *humans*. Not 19th Century Quincy.

jindra34
2012-05-21, 09:49 PM
I think the problem thubby is that you said 19th century *humans*. Not 19th Century Quincy.

More specifically that he mentioned plain humans, then quincy, then quincy science. Doing things like that can imply compounding logic, (plain humans can make weapons dangerous to shinigami, Quincy can be dangerous to shinigami, therefore Quincy science is very dangerous to shinigami).

Anteros
2012-05-22, 12:19 AM
Just my .02 but I thought what Thubby was implying was fairly clear judging from the flow of the conversation. Someone else had referred to them as "humans" first, he was just replying in kind. I can see where if you take the comment by itself how it can be confusing, but in the context of the conversation it makes perfect sense.

Drolyt
2012-05-22, 07:20 AM
Just my .02 but I thought what Thubby was implying was fairly clear judging from the flow of the conversation. Someone else had referred to them as "humans" first, he was just replying in kind. I can see where if you take the comment by itself how it can be confusing, but in the context of the conversation it makes perfect sense.
I don't know, I read it just like Jindra34 at first, but then I thought to myself, "this doesn't make any sense", and only then did I realize he meant Quincies specifically. Then I saw Jindra34's post and laughed at myself a little.

thubby
2012-05-22, 07:51 AM
good to know im so enigmatic. maybe i should take up fortune telling. :smallcool:

anyway yes, i was referring to quincy as humans because Infernally Clay had said they were 19th century humans to try illustrating their technological capabilities.

my counter point was that they made things like the sanrei glove which could kill captains, so their knowledge of spirit-science-stuff clearly much, much better than he was implying.

HandofShadows
2012-05-22, 09:56 AM
my counter point was that they made things like the sanrei glove which could kill captains, so their knowledge of spirit-science-stuff clearly much, much better than he was implying.

Which gets us to the point where the Quincy should know the Soul Reapers are telling the truth and that killing souls could well destroy the entire world.

So either the Quincys didn't want to face the the truth about what they where doing. They didn't care they they could destroy the world and/or thought that the Soul Reapers should clean up the Quincy's mess and keep the balance no matter what. Or lastly, where the Quincy *intentional* trying to destroy the world? :smalleek: (at the current time it certianly seems like they are trying to destroy the world)

thubby
2012-05-22, 10:16 AM
the only way i could see the original quincies (the ones from 200 years ago, obviously) position as not evil is if SS weren't very good at its job and the quincy were merely intervening to protect their communities like ishida did way back at the start of the series.

after all, it would be crazy to expect anyone to sit and watch as their friends and neighbors are literally eaten alive when they could stop it.

if that's what kubo is trying to portray, and i admit that would be a cool story, he's failed miserably.

MammonAzrael
2012-05-22, 11:28 AM
It's also possible that they simply had no way of determining the veracity of SS's "soul balance" claim.

Regardless of how much scientific and technical ability the old Quincies had, who says they can study the effect from Earth? Apart from the current Vandenreich, do we know of any instances where the Quinces were able to travel to SS or Hueco Mundo without help from a shinigami? It's completely reasonable that without access to all the planes research on soul balance is impossible.

As an additional potential argument against "soul balance," what about Hell? Aren't souls that get sent there intended to remain there forever? How does that not affect the balance of souls?

jindra34
2012-05-22, 09:15 PM
As an additional potential argument against "soul balance," what about Hell? Aren't souls that get sent there intended to remain there forever? How does that not affect the balance of souls?

Definitely agree with you there. Between Hollows and Hell there are too many gaps in the whole soul balance story for it not to smell fishy. And we probably have more info than the Quincy did in the past.

Drolyt
2012-05-22, 09:53 PM
Definitely agree with you there. Between Hollows and Hell there are too many gaps in the whole soul balance story for it not to smell fishy. And we probably have more info than the Quincy did in the past.
Yes, but it is altogether unclear whether that is intended or simply bad writing.

Fjolnir
2012-05-22, 09:56 PM
Yes, but it is altogether unclear whether that is intended or simply bad writing.

Can't it be both?

VanBuren
2012-05-22, 09:57 PM
Maybe it's a matter of frequency? Perhaps the universe can self-correct if the number of souls being removed from the cycle is relatively low over a given period of time, it's just that the Quincy were obliterating souls faster than the natural replenishing of the universe could make up the difference? That also might be why they're OK with Ishida, because one Quincy can't really tip the scale overly much.

MammonAzrael
2012-05-22, 10:12 PM
Maybe it's a matter of frequency? Perhaps the universe can self-correct if the number of souls being removed from the cycle is relatively low over a given period of time, it's just that the Quincy were obliterating souls faster than the natural replenishing of the universe could make up the difference? That also might be why they're OK with Ishida, because one Quincy can't really tip the scale overly much.

Also possible. Of course, we really have no idea what qualifies one for Hell, or how many souls get stuck in Hollow form that just wander around Hueco Mundo, never interacting with the material world, or any other number of things. It's all rather a mess, and that is primarily due to a lack of information (and likely poor planning/writing :smalltongue:).

Anteros
2012-05-22, 10:19 PM
Well the problem with the soul balance is that the souls don't pass over, they stay in the human world. Presumably the souls that go to hell don't do so. They'd probably either be included in the soul society numbers or removed from the equation entirely.

Also, there's a quite strong possibility that Hell in Bleach is not eternal.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-05-23, 08:45 AM
New Chapter

The logical extension of the Quincies' basic ability appears. Kills anything with reiatsu? That's every character ever. Of course, Ichigo's willpower should be enough to defeat it :smallamused:

thubby
2012-05-23, 10:21 AM
New Chapter

The logical extension of the Quincies' basic ability appears. Kills anything with reiatsu? That's every character ever. Of course, Ichigo's willpower should be enough to defeat it :smallamused:

this is a potentially clever gotcha moment. ichigo's bankai's mode of action is compressing his reiatsu. essentially the exact opposite of what this baddy is trying to do.

in practice, i pretty much guarantee it's not going to come up for the captains, making it a useless useful power (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UselessUsefulSpell)

HandofShadows
2012-05-23, 01:13 PM
this is a potentially clever gotcha moment. ichigo's bankai's mode of action is compressing his reiatsu. essentially the exact opposite of what this baddy is trying to do.

That is a very good observation. Since Ichigo compresses his power it probably means the new Quincy trick will have a great deal of trouble leatching his power away, if it could be done at all. And when Ichigo gets Hollowfied he is actively absorbing energy from his suroundings (he seems to absorb energy passsively at all times) and that would give even less power for the Quincies to work with.

This brings up something though. Might a big weakness of the Quincy be that in the real world they have much less power to work with? And that is why they lost to the SS 200 years ago?

thubby
2012-05-23, 01:47 PM
This brings up something though. Might a big weakness of the Quincy be that in the real world they have much less power to work with? And that is why they lost to the SS 200 years ago?

uryu has flat out stated he's more powerful in HM and SS, so it's certainly a factor.

but i think the real issues are more mundane. SS has 13 insanely powerful troops it can put anywhere on the planet almost instantly, and they operate out of a virtually unassailable fortress/dimension.
SS probably could have won on logistics alone by burning quincy food supplies.

on top of that, quincy are still fundamentally human. a hit is a hit and it will hurt them, where shinigami HP and power are linked, apparently.

jindra34
2012-05-23, 02:01 PM

I think given what we've seen of these Quincy its their only real weakness. Except maybe Captain Ukitake and his ability to return ranged attacks, and thats only a maybe.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-05-23, 02:43 PM

in practice, i pretty much guarantee it's not going to come up for the captains, making it a useless useful power (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/UselessUsefulSpell)

I don't think that's the case actually. It seems to work regardless of how powerful the person in question is or how strong their willpower is (Ayon had incredible willpower, partially because it had no intelligence). Ichigo's bankai may well help him to resist the ability for longer, but I'm pretty sure he's spot on about having to break the halo to stop the effect which is what he's currently doing.

So I think it's less a case of the power being useless on the captains and more they won't have too much trouble breaking the halos. More importantly, it doesn't seem to be a passive thing, Opie seems to be directing it so sufficiently stealthy/fast characters can likely get around it.

As for Mayuri...well he probably figured out a defense when he fought Uryuu or breaking down his poisons/diseases won't affect their lethality. One of those two. Either way, the captains will be resistant to this ability, but I doubt it'll be because of their power. Also, how DID that king guy get through the membrane? Internal sympathizers?

tyckspoon
2012-05-23, 04:21 PM
Also, how DID that king guy get through the membrane? Internal sympathizers?

Just punched on through, probably. We've yet to see a barrier that can't be destroyed by the simple application of overwhelming force, and of course we've seen that a powerful Quincy can probably destroy or nullify any spirit-particle construct that they put their minds to.

(Heck, for maximum evil style/irony points, the blasts he just leveled them with might have been formed from the energy of the barrier that was supposed to keep him out.)

jindra34
2012-05-23, 06:10 PM
Honestly after thinking about the last few chapters (and seeing how this arc is building) I have to ask: Is it just me or has Kubo's writing skills started to improve?

Callos_DeTerran
2012-05-23, 10:36 PM
Just punched on through, probably. We've yet to see a barrier that can't be destroyed by the simple application of overwhelming force, and of course we've seen that a powerful Quincy can probably destroy or nullify any spirit-particle construct that they put their minds to.

(Heck, for maximum evil style/irony points, the blasts he just leveled them with might have been formed from the energy of the barrier that was supposed to keep him out.)

That's just it though, does that membrane count as a spirit-particle construct considering it's projected by seki-seki stone, the spiritual power neutralizer?

Course, he very well have just blasted through, but I'm wondering if it's not more ocmplex then that.

Dante & Vergil
2012-05-23, 11:28 PM
A while back everyone mentioned who they thought the 5 weapons the quincy king was talking about earlier, and everyone mentioned Ichigo, Urahara, Yoruichi, Isshin as 4 of the 5, but the 5th was up in the air, but I have a feeling the 5th may be Tessai. We may not have seen much from him, but the dude was the head of the Kido Corp for a reason, which I'm sure isn't far off from a captain in strength.

HandofShadows
2012-05-24, 07:52 AM
Honestly after thinking about the last few chapters (and seeing how this arc is building) I have to ask: Is it just me or has Kubo's writing skills started to improve?

I get the feeling that when he gets time to set up things and mull them over they improve more than they would improve for an average writer.

jindra34
2012-05-29, 08:17 AM
I get the feeling that when he gets time to set up things and mull them over they improve more than they would improve for an average writer.

I don't know about you but most writers do that by default. So of course it wouldn't improve their writing much.

Drolyt
2012-05-29, 09:06 AM
I don't know about you but most writers do that by default. So of course it wouldn't improve their writing much.
"Writing by the seat of of your pants" is actually a pretty common strategy, but most people who do that spend significant time on revision. I'm not sure how it could work for a serial work.

jindra34
2012-05-30, 07:11 AM
"Writing by the seat of of your pants" is actually a pretty common strategy, but most people who do that spend significant time on revision. I'm not sure how it could work for a serial work.

I would call that mulling it over. In a more serial comic though you definitely need to script ahead.

Madara
2012-05-30, 08:38 AM
New chapter?
Looks like Kira is down. :smallsigh: And a bunch of other guys named in the page before. :smalltongue:

thubby
2012-05-30, 08:46 AM
kubo, stop naming people then murdering them. it doesn't DO anything.

also, disappointed to see kira down. his fights were always interesting. he was always the one winning with clever tactics.

Friv
2012-05-30, 09:03 AM
kubo, stop naming people then murdering them. it doesn't DO anything.

To be fair, one of those guys looked so much like Byakuya that I would have been hellishly confused if he hadn't been given a separate name.

also, disappointed to see kira down. his fights were always interesting. he was always the one winning with clever tactics.

Yeah, he does seem to be trying to make up for lost time on the murdering cool people front. Let's see if it sticks.

jindra34
2012-05-30, 10:22 AM
About the only thing this does is show why the captains are considered the military force of the Soul Society.

Mercenary Pen
2012-05-30, 01:51 PM
About the only thing this does is show why the captains are considered the military force of the Soul Society.

Got to agree with this, one of my pet hates is one sided battles that try to prove how powerful new characters or threats are- it doesn't usually work in my opinion... and it shows lazy writing at work as well.

Madara
2012-05-30, 02:34 PM
How many people know Shikai now?(Before the random people died)

Why does the Soul Society even bother having the lower rank soldiers fight? They can't even be good meatshields :smallsigh:

Silva Stormrage
2012-05-30, 02:48 PM

Why does the Soul Society even bother having the lower rank soldiers fight? They can't even be good meatshields :smallsigh:

Well in the previous fights we have seen with the Quincy the Quincy had fodder troops as well AND they were fighting on earth were they have less spirit particles around to absorb. I think it was more of vastly underestimating the quincy's strength.

Elhann
2012-05-30, 03:11 PM
Yeah, he does seem to be trying to make up for lost time on the murdering cool people front. Let's see if it sticks.

Ignoring Hinamori getting stabbed thorugh the chest, the vizard girl whose name I can't remember getting cut in half, Captain Tuberculosis having a third hand where he had ribs before (Wonderweiss's hand, to be precise) and SuperCaptain Fiery Genocide Granpa doing a sacrificial kido...

Rangiku looked pretty much the same after her fight with whatshisname beast thing made of Harribel's Fraccion. She was fine enough to be innefective againt Gin in the same arc. Mayuri looked far worse when he fought Ishida.

All of them are shiny now (Old Man Burninating Death has just one hand, but I don't think that's a problem for burning things).
Ten gold pieces say the Third division won't be needing a new lieutenant any time soon.

jindra34
2012-05-30, 03:26 PM
Ten gold pieces say the Third division won't be needing a new lieutenant any time soon.

I'm not taking that bet. Simply because the odds are stupidly long on both Kira dieing and the rest of the division not getting annihilated down to the captain, at which point they won't need a new lieutenant any time soon anyways.

thubby
2012-05-30, 04:01 PM

because they are effective and watch over the entire world. lets not forget at least 1 espada and almost all the fraccion were killed by lieutenants.

as dead as they all got, this was the right move for SS. not only were previous quincy not this powerful, there are more of them than SS has captains. they need to know where the major threats are before deploying.

Fjolnir
2012-05-30, 04:13 PM
The average Soul Reaper has enough ability to do one of three tasks: patrol the roukon district, exterminate hollows in the mortal world, or provide support / healing to those that do. It seems like there is very little overlap when it comes to roles in SS.

Closet_Skeleton
2012-05-31, 02:41 AM

The random people were all high seated officers.

Also, Rukia is now officially a vice-captain?

HandofShadows
2012-05-31, 07:01 AM
because they are effective and watch over the entire world. lets not forget at least 1 espada and almost all the fraccion were killed by lieutenants.

Actually she was not even a LT when she took down the Espada.

Also, Rukia is now officially a vice-captain?

Yep. Rukia is officialy a vice-captain now. Let's hope a power boost came with the new job. She is going to need it. :smalleek:

Infernally Clay
2012-05-31, 08:37 AM
Nah, her purpose is obvious. If Rukia goes headfirst for one of the Stern Ritter, it's the perfect excuse for Kyoraku and Ukitake to show up and save her. Ukitake will die and Kyoraku will kill the Stern Ritter that took out Ukitake, both hyping the Stern Ritter further (they can kill even senior Captains) while giving hope to the rest of the Shinigami (they can be killed). I think at least one Stern Ritter will die before the surviving Shinigami flee to the Human World, where the Vandenreich is ironically weakest, and that Kyoraku, Unohana and Yamamoto will stay behind to hold the Quincy off long enough for them all to get away.

Which fits the chapter title, since this invasion will signify the end of the Gotei 13.

Turalisj
2012-05-31, 12:20 PM
Nah, her purpose is obvious. If Rukia goes headfirst for one of the Stern Ritter, it's the perfect excuse for Kyoraku and Ukitake to show up and save her. Ukitake will die and Kyoraku will kill the Stern Ritter that took out Ukitake, both hyping the Stern Ritter further (they can kill even senior Captains) while giving hope to the rest of the Shinigami (they can be killed). I think at least one Stern Ritter will die before the surviving Shinigami flee to the Human World, where the Vandenreich is ironically weakest, and that Kyoraku, Unohana and Yamamoto will stay behind to hold the Quincy off long enough for them all to get away.

Which fits the chapter title, since this invasion will signify the end of the Gotei 13.

I will stop reading Bleach if that happens. :smallannoyed:

darksolitaire
2012-05-31, 12:35 PM

Why? IMO that's not bad plot development.

Turalisj
2012-05-31, 12:49 PM
It's a strictly formula plot that has been overused.

Fjolnir
2012-05-31, 12:55 PM

Since when were you under the impression that I wasn't using strictly hackneyed plot points? :smallamused:

Infernally Clay
2012-05-31, 01:52 PM

And if the Gotei 13 doesn't fall, what then? Ichigo wipes out the Quincy presence in Hueco Mundo, the Shinigami takes out Buckbeard and his Stern Ritter and everyone lives happily ever after?

That would be terrible.

jindra34
2012-05-31, 02:05 PM

You'll be stopping reading Bleach anyway Kubo cuts it when this arc is over because it is the final arc.

Tvtyrant
2012-05-31, 02:08 PM
I predict that Ichigo defeats the Vandereich after the Gotei 13 are destroyed, and then unites all three factions through Nell, the one guy who used to be in this comic Ishida, and himself. Everyone will be better off that way, since all four groups will have a leader they can trust in Ichigo.

And then he will become spirit king or whatever.

Psyren
2012-06-04, 09:10 PM
And if the Gotei 13 doesn't fall, what then? Ichigo wipes out the Quincy presence in Hueco Mundo, the Shinigami takes out Buckbeard and his Stern Ritter and everyone lives happily ever after?

That would be terrible.

This. For absent god's sake lets have some captain deaths.

Prediction - this big bad will go after Aizen (to eat/absorb and become immortal.)

Madara
2012-06-04, 10:19 PM
Ah right, Spirit King.

We better see him during this final arc, especially since he's such a big deal :smallannoyed:

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-05, 09:41 AM
This. For absent god's sake lets have some captain deaths.

Prediction - this big bad will go after Aizen (to eat/absorb and become immortal.)

But only we've made sure to actually see their bankais.

In all honesty, I hope we don't get a bunch of character deaths this arc. They wouldn't have any impact at this point in the storyline, it'd just be a completely pointless way to prove that these new guys are NO REALLY UBER-AWESOME!

IMO the climax of Bleach already happened with Aizen getting defeated and Ichigo losing his powers. Other than getting to see the remaining unsaid Bankais there's really nothing more to be gained from the series, even if they do try to go into detail about this Spirit King or even hell.

Maybe Kubo can screw up finish Zombie Powder after this instead. ((Yes, I know that won't happen.))

HandofShadows
2012-06-06, 08:00 AM
Looks like we are going to in the SS for awhile until the battles are done.

jindra34
2012-06-06, 09:03 AM
Looks like we are going to in the SS for awhile until the battles are done.

And suprisingly (after may be 2 chapters worth of action) he has already shown too much of this battle for my tastes. Unless he intends to have another silly SS victory.

Psyren
2012-06-06, 11:26 AM
The worst part is that Quincy all have the same abilities, don't they? It's not like Arrancar with their different animal motifs or even Fullbringers/Bount with their quirky toys. The particle absorption and final form crap is stuff they can all do; how many varieties of bow and arrow can he really pull out of his posterior to keep the battles interesting?

Unless he starts giving them swords (and face it, he will, lore be damned :smallsigh:) I just don't see how these fights will be interesting.

So glad Fairy Tail is carrying the torch for awesome shonen right now...

jindra34
2012-06-06, 11:39 AM
The worst part is that Quincy all have the same abilities, don't they? It's not like Arrancar with their different animal motifs or even Fullbringers/Bount with their quirky toys. The particle absorption and final form crap is stuff they can all do; how many varieties of bow and arrow can he really pull out of his posterior to keep the battles interesting?

Unless he starts giving them swords (and face it, he will, lore be damned :smallsigh:) I just don't see how these fights will be interesting.

They all seem to have different styles at least. I wish Kubo would have just cut to Ichigo's fight and later had the rag tag remains (assuming they lose) of the SS show up later. But I doubt thats going to happen.

Soras Teva Gee
2012-06-06, 12:00 PM
Reading newest chapter I realized that I'm so apathetic about Bleach that I think the happiest even remotely possible ending I could have would be for it the end with every, and I mean every, Soul Reaper dead with the a single sound being heard from the victorious Quincy....

TROLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLO!

Sadly that won't happen. I doubt anyone with a name will actually die except these boring hax powered Quincies. What do you think would happen if we went back in time five or six years and told people Bount filler arc would be more interesting then how the whole manga ends?

darksolitaire
2012-06-13, 06:43 AM
New chapter. But no-one cares.

Also, suggestion for the name of next Bleach thread: Bleach VI: Well that was a waste of time part II (Quincy? What's that?)

jindra34
2012-06-13, 07:04 AM
Oh hey the captains actually thought of something smart. Too bad they based it on the wrong facts.

Infernally Clay
2012-06-13, 07:35 AM
New chapter. But no-one cares.

Also, suggestion for the name of next Bleach thread: Bleach VI: Well that was a waste of time part II (Quincy? What's that?)

I care!

Did you notice how Hitsugaya's Bankai no longer has the floating flowers? Seems Kubo was being honest when he said Hitsugaya mastered his Bankai over the timeskip.

It's becoming more and more one-sided, though, this fight. Stealing Bankai thematically fits how the Quincy work, but if they actually use those Bankai... That's a huge boost to their reiatsu on top of giving them the Bankai's abilities as well. How can you beat someone with a weapon five to ten times stronger than what you've got?

Komamura is the only one who might pull through - and even then that's only because his Bankai transfers the damage dealt to it to the wielder as well.

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-13, 08:39 AM
Reading newest chapter I realized that I'm so apathetic about Bleach that I think the happiest even remotely possible ending I could have would be for it the end with every, and I mean every, Soul Reaper dead with the a single sound being heard from the victorious Quincy....

TROLOLOLOLLO LOLOLOLO!

Sadly that won't happen. I doubt anyone with a name will actually die except these boring hax powered Quincies. What do you think would happen if we went back in time five or six years and told people Bount filler arc would be more interesting then how the whole manga ends?

What are you talking about? The whole manga ended when Aizen was beaten, remember? There's no such thing as Fullbring or competent Quincies. Still not nearly as good as the Rukia Rescue arc though.

The rest of this is just non-canon filler. :smallamused:

Oh, if only Tsukishima could've used his hax rewrite power to make Bleach good again.

sentaku
2012-06-13, 08:43 AM
I care!

Did you notice how Hitsugaya's Bankai no longer has the floating flowers? Seems Kubo was being honest when he said Hitsugaya mastered his Bankai over the timeskip.

It's becoming more and more one-sided, though, this fight. Stealing Bankai thematically fits how the Quincy work, but if they actually use those Bankai... That's a huge boost to their reiatsu on top of giving them the Bankai's abilities as well. How can you beat someone with a weapon five to ten times stronger than what you've got?

Komamura is the only one who might pull through - and even then that's only because his Bankai transfers the damage dealt to it to the wielder as well.

The vizards still have there hollow abilities, though I don't think any of them had there Bankai taken yet.

DukeGod
2012-06-13, 12:37 PM
COOL!
If they steal bankais then surely we will get to see Sasakibe's and everyone else's abilities in use. Right?

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-06-13, 08:18 PM
The look on Byakuya's face is priceless. But I wonder how the Bankai stealer works. Isn't the bankai the "final form" of the Zanpakuto or something? If they can steal the bankai couldn't they just steal the whole sword while they were at it (maybe they did!)

Xondoure
2012-06-13, 08:20 PM
My guess is they just absorb a shinigami's reiatsu through their bankai. But since Ichigo already lost his power and got it back it's more strongly tied to him. Or to put it another way: By the end of this arc the gotei 13 will have mastered fullbrings. :smallyuk:

Fiery Diamond
2012-06-13, 09:00 PM
I would call that mulling it over. In a more serial comic though you definitely need to script ahead.

No, "mulling it over" happens BEFORE you put things to paper/computer screen. Revision happens AFTERWARDS.

VanBuren
2012-06-13, 11:38 PM
My guess is they just absorb a shinigami's reiatsu through their bankai. But since Ichigo already lost his power and got it back it's more strongly tied to him. Or to put it another way: By the end of this arc the gotei 13 will have mastered fullbrings. :smallyuk:

Could also be that Ichigo's is so tightly packed that it's harder to drain. Like drinking a really thick milkshake through a straw.

Friv
2012-06-14, 05:59 AM
I just realized - this whole bankai-stealing thing makes Kenpachi the most dangerous captain going right now. He's straight-up fought his fellow captains' bankai and won before, and he doesn't have one to steal.

HandofShadows
2012-06-14, 06:47 AM
And oddly he have not seen Kenpachi so far. :smallconfused:

I think I have a clue on how the Bankai stealing thing works. When you call forth a Bankai you bring the sprit of the sword fully from the inner world into the outside world. Also at this point it is almost seperate from the Soul Reaper (this is what creates the huge effects we see). In Ichigo's case his Bankai is concentrated on himself (as others have mentioned) so there is no seperation or a very limited one. Remember way back when Byakuya complained that Ichigo's Bankai was the opposite of what a proper one should be?

These guys CAN be beaten though. The SS just has to figure out how to do it.

jindra34
2012-06-14, 08:30 AM
These guys CAN be beaten though. The SS just has to figure out how to do it.

These guys have done their homework on the SS, and everything they have seems to be a direct counter to standard tactics from the SS. I'd like to see them react to stuff like Shunko, or Kido onslaught.

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-14, 08:36 AM
I just want to point out that of the bankais taken, two have been abused nearly every arc, canon or filler, to the point where they're cliche, and the other two are actually pretty bad in the handicaps they give. In fact all four have been shown to have specific weaknesses.

So if the UberQuincy end up using the bankai against SS, they might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

A shame Kira had to get taken out so early. If only Shikais are available, his is one of the best.

Mercenary Pen
2012-06-14, 03:26 PM
What remains to be seen is whether the quincy are restricted to stealing one bankai each, or whether they can steal more...

DukeGod
2012-06-14, 05:12 PM
I just realized - this whole bankai-stealing thing makes Kenpachi the most dangerous captain going right now. He's straight-up fought his fellow captains' bankai and won before, and he doesn't have one to steal.

Clearly they'll still BOTH of his arms :smallsmile:

jindra34
2012-06-14, 06:38 PM
What remains to be seen is whether the quincy are restricted to stealing one bankai each, or whether they can steal more...

Bankai stealing is related to those weird talismans they carry. And given the change they probably can only steal 1 bankai per talisman, but it would be down right stupid to only give each soldier 1 one so likely more than 1 per person.

Drolyt
2012-06-14, 07:18 PM
Bankai stealing is related to those weird talismans they carry. And given the change they probably can only steal 1 bankai per talisman, but it would be down right stupid to only give each soldier 1 one so likely more than 1 per person.
Maybe there is a reason each can only use one?

HandofShadows
2012-06-15, 09:12 AM
These guys have done their homework on the SS, and everything they have seems to be a direct counter to standard tactics from the SS. I'd like to see them react to stuff like Shunko, or Kido onslaught.

Probably have some counters to those as well. The SS will need out of the box thinking to win. We saw Byakuya doing a little earlier in this battle (surprise!). Time in the land of the living might have expanded some of the officers minds a little? I really don't think the SS will win this round or will take very heavy losses if they do win.

There is question that I don't think has been asked though. Where have the Quincy been getting there information? They seem to have too much info to have gotten it from watching from a distance. Is there an inside man? :smalleek:

Fjolnir
2012-06-15, 11:18 AM
If Uryu was not helping the quincies, I would be MORE shocked...

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-15, 11:28 AM

I don't see why he would.

He admitted in his first appearance that he didn't mind Soul Society's extermination of the Quincy clan. His only beef with the Shinigami was Kurotsuchi indirectly killing his grandfather

Drolyt
2012-06-15, 12:10 PM
I'm more interested in seeing what Ryuuken does, and hopefully getting some of his and Isshin's backstory.

Prime32
2012-06-15, 01:58 PM
I already feel sorry for whoever tries to steal Mayuri's bankai.

Elhann
2012-06-15, 04:35 PM
So, once again, if SoiFong hates her bankai as much as she told Barragan, and SS knows that these quincy can steal bankais, and her bankai probably does a LOT of collateral damage, is there a reason not to use her shikai instead?

Maybe her flash-step advanced technique if you want... I can understand Hitsugaya and Komamura going bankai from the begining, because it's THEIR style, and it has been since their first fights. Byakuya is resorceful enough to crush his opponent without bankai, and proud enough to allow Masked Quincy to seal it just to see how they do that, and give him his little lecture about how Byakuya is better and cooler than everyone not Byakuya.

But SoiFong going bankai immediately? Really?

jindra34
2012-06-15, 04:59 PM
But SoiFong going bankai immediately? Really?

Apparently those cloaks the wear make them near impervious to shikai and lower techs. And Soi can still use shunko, so shes not at the much of a disadvantage (unlike the other 3). At least till they reveal a counter to it. It also seems (given the whole expository plan deal) that these 4 captains were given orders to go out there and use their Bankai.

Mercenary Pen
2012-06-15, 06:09 PM
Apparently those cloaks the wear make them near impervious to shikai and lower techs. And Soi can still use shunko, so shes not at the much of a disadvantage (unlike the other 3). At least till they reveal a counter to it. It also seems (given the whole expository plan deal) that these 4 captains were given orders to go out there and use their Bankai.

I'm not certain that Byakuya's at that much of a disadvantage, considering he's got a level of mobility almost up there with Yoruichi and SoiFong, and has been known to use Kido onslaughts on occasion- so even if his only contribution was to keep the quincy from being able to somehow steal Renji's bankai, that could be decisive...

Xondoure
2012-06-15, 06:44 PM
This is assuming they didn't lose their reiatsu along with their bankai.

Hadrian_Emrys
2012-06-18, 08:10 PM
I care!

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh if only Kubo were a decent enough writer to take advantage of the Worf effect he's established in order to turn it on whoever Hoover'd THAT! That might make up for the entire Fullbring arc.

jindra34
2012-06-18, 10:00 PM
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

Oh if only Kubo were a decent enough writer to take advantage of the Worf effect he's established in order to turn it on whoever Hoover'd THAT! That might make up for the entire Fullbring arc.

The only thing that would make up for the Fullbring arc is one of them showing up to do something productive against the super-quincy. After the SS gets its butt handed to it.

Socratov
2012-06-20, 05:39 AM
So... New Chapter...

I liked it. A bit. I mean, sure they play the Ichigo card (and we know his bankai can't be stolen), but the faces of those captains... Priceless :smallamused:

Then again, I expect an asspull from Kubo because he's nothing left to do...

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-06-20, 08:24 AM
Mayuri has a point; even if you're going to test your opponent's counter-bankai technique, you don't have to use four bankais at once.

Hitsugaya's reaction seems to suggest that the technique "silences" the zanpakuto. Surely it doesn't take the entire sword spirit out? :smalleek:

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-20, 08:45 AM
Mayuri has a point; even if you're going to test your opponent's counter-bankai technique, you don't have to use four bankais at once.

Hitsugaya's reaction seems to suggest that the technique "silences" the zanpakuto. Surely it doesn't take the entire sword spirit out? :smalleek:

Counterpoint: The Captains already knew someone was going to have to sacrifice their bankai as soon as possible to try and figure out what exactly the Uberquincy were doing, and since they were surprise attacked on multiple fronts they weren't really in synch. It could just be that four captains managed to get their bankais stolen before the report came in that said "Hey, no really, don't do that."

Still not the best tactics, basically four people running suicide missions when all you needed was one, but oh well.

Personally I think the greatest loss here is Soi Fong's shikai.

Ramza00
2012-06-20, 09:04 AM
A Quincy already did something that Coyote Starrk wasn't able to do. He actually hit Shunsui Kyōraku, the captain of the 8th division, without Kyoraku being distracted by his best friend getting fisted in the chest.

jindra34
2012-06-20, 12:40 PM
A Quincy already did something that Coyote Starrk wasn't able to do. He actually hit Shunsui Kyōraku, the captain of the 8th division, without Kyoraku being distracted by his best friend getting fisted in the chest.

So the Quincy are more competent than the Espada. Thats no big deal considering that if the Espada and Aizen had been competent then the manga would be over already.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-06-20, 02:38 PM

Not true, Starrk was able to hit Shunsui more then a couple of times. Hell, Shunsui only survived cause he has the most hax shikai ever...next to Aizen anyway. :smalltongue:

Also...
"I used to be a captain like you, but then I took a bullet in the eye..."

Friv
2012-06-21, 01:59 AM
Counterpoint: The Captains already knew someone was going to have to sacrifice their bankai as soon as possible to try and figure out what exactly the Uberquincy were doing, and since they were surprise attacked on multiple fronts they weren't really in synch. It could just be that four captains managed to get their bankais stolen before the report came in that said "Hey, no really, don't do that."

Still not the best tactics, basically four people running suicide missions when all you needed was one, but oh well.

Personally I think the greatest loss here is Soi Fong's shikai.

I generally agree with this one. It's all worth considering which four captains it was who wound up making the attempt.
* Soi Fon, given her speed and the overwhelming nature of her bankai, may well have hoped to successfully land a blow before she could be sealed.
* Hitsugaya is young, extremely rash, and prone to grandiose acts of self-sacrifice. Deciding himself as the sacrifice for figuring out just how things work makes a lot of sense.
* Byakuya had a second guy with bankai with him, and reasonably believed that if his was sealed, Renji would be able to step up and take the enemy out, unsealing himself. He made what he believed was a tactical sacrifice, only to discover it was much more serious.
* Komamaru is kind of an idiot.

HandofShadows
2012-06-21, 09:07 AM
I wonder, since Ichigo is out of touch at the moment, I wonder who will answer the call for help? :smallbiggrin:

DiscipleofBob
2012-06-21, 09:24 AM
I wonder, since Ichigo is out of touch at the moment, I wonder who will answer the call for help? :smallbiggrin:

The gate opens to the mortal world.
A shadowy figure steps forward.
Shinigami 1: "Ichigo, is that you?" But the shinigami is wrong.
The shadowy figure then does a victory pose, "SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!"

Slayer Lord
2012-06-21, 09:51 AM

So much lolz.

Yes, Don Kanonji will be the one to save the day.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-06-21, 10:11 PM

...Bleach would be redeemed. Forever. If Don Kanonji saves the day and defeats the evil Quincy. Forever.

Because nothing short of awesomeness can come from it, that man is a hero.

jindra34
2012-06-27, 07:41 AM
Ah... Urahara. So enjoyable. And yet again the SS needs Ichigo to bail them out. Though at least someone there apparently can use logic.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-06-27, 08:06 AM
To be fair, Ichigo won the lottery with his unique steal-proof bankai. Otherwise he'd be as useless as the four captains (and one dead lieutenant) who got robbed.

HandofShadows
2012-06-27, 08:28 AM
Urahara usually is not quite so direct and ruthless. He must be highly concerned. Also Ichigo seems to be figuring some things out. I get the impression he was trying to pump that Quincy for info rather than kill him outright. Nice transition between the two locations IMO.

Madara
2012-06-27, 12:20 PM
That was pretty good, and it seems that we got some info. Ichigo's opponent named some parts of his ability. So apparently they have to dictate how much energy goes to which part.

:smallsigh: Silly Captains had to go and lose their Bankai.

maximus25
2012-06-27, 01:17 PM
If Ichigo was winning his fight, why did he just up and leave right as they asked for him instead of like finishing off the Quincy? I have no doubts that Urahara could have, but it would have been simpler for Ichigo to do it.

jindra34
2012-06-27, 01:47 PM
If Ichigo was winning his fight, why did he just up and leave right as they asked for him instead of like finishing off the Quincy? I have no doubts that Urahara could have, but it would have been simpler for Ichigo to do it.

Urahara did finish off the Quincy. Apparently he is taking this whole thing kinda seriously. And unfortunately that means he interuppted Ichigo's interogation.

Mando Knight
2012-06-27, 02:17 PM
I doubt it's just Zangetsu that makes Ichigo's bankai un-steal-able. Could it be Fullbring? Or perhaps the Hollow power (which after a fashion united Ichigo with Zangetsu more fully)? Final Getsuga (meaning that he still "is" Zangetsu)?

If it's the Hollow power, then the Vandenreich could be stopped by the Visored captains. I think it's a combination of those, though, and possibly partly due to Ichigo being also human.

HandofShadows
2012-06-27, 03:01 PM
I doubt it's just Zangetsu that makes Ichigo's bankai un-steal-able. Could it be Fullbring? Or perhaps the Hollow power (which after a fashion united Ichigo with Zangetsu more fully)? Final Getsuga (meaning that he still "is" Zangetsu)?

If it's the Hollow power, then the Vandenreich could be stopped by the Visored captains. I think it's a combination of those, though, and possibly partly due to Ichigo being also human.

I would go with that it is a number of factors. First is the "closed" nature of Ichigo's Bankai. It concentrates around him instead of expands outward. (The bad guys seem to be working on a counter for that though. If they do steal it they might just unleash something much worse). Also being a Visored probably helps as well. The other Visored should be much more effective against the Quicey because they are able to power up, but without the use of a Bankai. Enough to win I don't know. But the battles will be much more even. Of course there is one Captain who does not have a Bankai. I wonder how the Quincy where going to deal with him? Or maybe they never got solid intel on him and don't know what he can do. Which means they are dead meat. :smallbiggrin: I don't think the Fullbring has much to do with it.

Prime32
2012-06-27, 03:28 PM
That was pretty good, and it seems that we got some info. Ichigo's opponent named some parts of his ability. So apparently they have to dictate how much energy goes to which part.The Quincy are using incarnum! :smalleek:

SlyGuyMcFly
2012-06-27, 03:46 PM
Of course there is one Captain who does not have a Bankai. I wonder how the Quincy where going to deal with him? Or maybe they never got solid intel on him and don't know what he can do. Which means they are dead meat. :smallbiggrin: I don't think the Fullbring has much to do with it.

Can't wait to see the gentleman in question engage the Quincy. :smallbiggrin:

Xondoure
2012-06-27, 04:10 PM
I'm not sure Kenpachi is going to fair very well. The man practically leaks his Reiatsu, and that isn't great against someone who can absorb it to power themselves up.

thubby
2012-06-27, 04:55 PM
the same mechanic also probably makes him near indestructible. i mean, his passive leaking rietsu isn't going to be stronger than the ball of power that is him bludgeoning you to death.

jindra34
2012-07-04, 07:52 AM
New chapter:
And dang, what exactly about the situation is making Urahara so bloody serious. He's taking this more seriously than he took Aizen. And he is really quickly getting information on the Quincy.

darksolitaire
2012-07-04, 10:20 AM
Kubo's drawing style starts to seem lazy to me. Instead of showing how the battle is going, he's making people say this and this many shinigami have died...are we supposed to be impressed by those big numbers?

HandofShadows
2012-07-04, 10:20 AM
New chapter:
And dang, what exactly about the situation is making Urahara so bloody serious. He's taking this more seriously than he took Aizen. And he is really quickly getting information on the Quincy.

Aizen only wanted to put himself at the top of the heap and rule forever as a new god. These Quincy want to destroy the SS utterly and not long after the entire world (living included).

Ramza00
2012-07-04, 06:30 PM
Kubo's drawing style starts to seem lazy to me. Instead of showing how the battle is going, he's making people say this and this many shinigami have died...are we supposed to be impressed by those big numbers?

He is doing it this way so in the end it can be over 9000!!!!!

Infernally Clay
2012-07-05, 08:41 AM

It's a children's manga. Do you really think Shonen Jump's editors are going to be happy with Kubo drawing a veritable sea of corpses? The injuries he already shows are pushing it as it is (nobody in Naruto or One Piece lose chunks of flesh or entire limbs like the cast of Bleach does), so that sort of complaint is entirely pointless.

darksolitaire
2012-07-05, 10:01 AM
It's a children's manga. Do you really think Shonen Jump's editors are going to be happy with Kubo drawing a veritable sea of corpses? The injuries he already shows are pushing it as it is (nobody in Naruto or One Piece lose chunks of flesh or entire limbs like the cast of Bleach does), so that sort of complaint is entirely pointless.

You've read something else then what I wrote. I didn't wrote wanted blood and gore. I wrote I wanted to see battle. There's many ways to convey images in manga, do I need to be telling this? How about just showing fight scenes?

VanBuren
2012-07-05, 03:42 PM

We did see a guy with his arms gone early in Naruto's run IIRC. Who was that brave guy who died because he wasn't a PC? Land of Waves arc?

Infernally Clay
2012-07-05, 05:24 PM
You've read something else then what I wrote. I didn't wrote wanted blood and gore. I wrote I wanted to see battle. There's many ways to convey images in manga, do I need to be telling this? How about just showing fight scenes?

We've seen plenty already. Everyone alongside Kira died on-panel, including Kira himself. The whole point of the Captains engaging the Stern Ritter is to prevent more senseless deaths, so there's no point in showing the actual routing of the Shinigami until they finally try to flee Seireitei.

Which they will do very soon now that one of the few people that might have been able to save them no longer can.

Madara
2012-07-06, 09:04 AM

But we don't want fight scenes for unnamed characters, fight scenes already take long enough in the manga compared to the amount they advance the plot, and if its just some random Shinigami, I don't care.

darksolitaire
2012-07-06, 10:32 AM
My main point was that Kubo just dropped numbers casually without elaborating what was going on graphically. It's supposed to be impressive, yet it happens behind the scenes.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-06, 12:01 PM

What about that whole part from 494 on when they did just that?

You know, pretty much murder Kira and most of Squad 3.

Socratov
2012-07-06, 01:05 PM
What about that whole part from 494 on when they did just that?

You know, pretty much murder Kira and most of Squad 3.

I don't mind the numbers, I just mind the fact that Kira must always be the loser of SS whil ehe has shown to be a highly perceptive and intelligent combatant with one of the most interesting zanpakuto. I'd also liek to see Hisagi fight before he bites the dust... But knoing Kibo that won't happen either... I get this strange sensation of let's get this over with when reading bleach these days.

maximus25
2012-07-07, 01:38 AM
So, my friend and I were watching the Bleach movie: Fade to Black, and we noticed something.
When Byakua is mourning over his wife, she looks exactly like an older version of the girl in Kisuke's shop. Possibly she's the reincarnation of her? If so, that's really cool.

Anyone got any ideas?

HandofShadows
2012-07-11, 03:39 AM
Ichigo is really trapped. The SS is being torn to pieces and it seems there is some sort for mind control thing going on as well. :smalleek: Hopefully a certainSOB cannot regrow half of his body. The question is, Who did it? Nel maybe?

Edit. Probably not Nel. Sword is wrong. Grimmjow? :smallconfused:

Xondoure
2012-07-11, 03:53 AM
Ichigo is really trapped. The SS is being torn to pieces and it seems there is some sort for mind control thing going on as well. :smalleek: Hopefully a certainSOB cannot regrow half of his body. The question is, Who did it? Nel maybe?

Edit. Probably not Nel. Sword is wrong. Grimmjow? :smallconfused:

It's Aizen.

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-11, 07:51 AM
Could be Aizen.
Could be Gin.
Could be Grimmjow.
Could be maybe one of the other higher-up Arrancar.
Those are the only individuals who could solicit that look from Urahara that I could think of.
Or maybe Yoruichi finally got her sword out.
Or maybe I've got nothing and I'll just have to wait until next week.

Socratov
2012-07-11, 08:02 AM
would love to see Yoroichi's zanpakuto, I mean, it really tickles my curiosity

HandofShadows
2012-07-11, 09:05 AM
Could be Aizen.
Could be Gin.
Could be Grimmjow.
Could be maybe one of the other higher-up Arrancar.
Those are the only individuals who could solicit that look from Urahara that I could think of.
Or maybe Yoruichi finally got her sword out.
Or maybe I've got nothing and I'll just have to wait until next week.

Don't think it's Youichi. She should be back in the world of the living and he would know what her sword can do. And would not be worried, as he clearly is.
The attack does not seem to be the type used by Gin (though I think it's a good guess).
It can't be Aizen. He is in the deepest hole the SS could find for him back in the SS.
How many other high powered Arrancar surrived?
A new character at this point though? I'm unsure about that. Well, we WILL have to wait another week (at least) to find out though. :)

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-11, 09:30 AM
Don't think it's Youichi. She should be back in the world of the living and he would know what her sword can do. And would not be worried, as he clearly is.
The attack does not seem to be the type used by Gin (though I think it's a good guess).
It can't be Aizen. He is in the deepest hole the SS could find for him back in the SS.
How many other high powered Arrancar surrived?
A new character at this point though? I'm unsure about that. Well, we WILL have to wait another week (at least) to find out though. :)

"What makes you think I was ever impri-*stab*

According to Word of God, I know Grimmjow and obviously Harribel and Nel survived. I don't think Starrk survived which is a shame. I think Zommari survived too, and possibly Nnoitra, but I can't be positive on those last two.

HandofShadows
2012-07-11, 09:47 AM
"What makes you think I was ever impri-*stab*

According to Word of God, I know Grimmjow and obviously Harribel and Nel survived. I don't think Starrk survived which is a shame. I think Zommari survived too, and possibly Nnoitra, but I can't be positive on those last two.

Nnoitra is dead as far as we know. Zommari was an SOB and I hope he is dead. Since he disintigrated, I think he is. Stark, now that's a good idea. But he seems to be dead though.

Mando Knight
2012-07-11, 11:22 AM
...Hold on.
Since when were we under the impression that any of the top 3 Espadas died?!

Ramza00
2012-07-11, 11:45 AM
...Hold on.
Since when were we under the impression that any of the top 3 Espadas died?!

1 Stark killed by Shunsui via nearly chopping Stark in half. Stark has a dying flashback.
2 Baraggan killed by his own power when it was turned against him
3 Harribel currently alive prisoner of the Vandenreich. After Aizen she became king of Hueco Mundo but was defeated by the leader of the Vandenreich
4 Ulquiorra Cifer was disinitegrated and faded to dust by Hollow Ichigo
5 Nnoitra Gilga killed by the Kenpachi
6 Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez currently alive, went missing after fighting Ichigo
7 Zommari Rureaux killed by Byakui
8 Szayel Aporro Granz killed by Mayuri. Prior to his death Szayel experienced thousands of years of torment due to being drugged by Mayuri which caused the mere second of the zanpukto going through Szayel's heart to feel like an eternity.
9 Aaroniero Arruruerie killed by Rukia
10 / 0 Yammy is defeated by Byakuya and Zaraki. Supposedly he wakes up to see his dog hollow before bleeding to death. Supposedly...

So we have 2 espada alive (Harribel and Grimmjow, and a possibly alive Yammy.

Mando Knight
2012-07-11, 11:52 AM
1 Stark killed by Shunsui via nearly chopping Stark in half. Stark has a dying flashback.
2 Baraggan killed by his own power when it was turned against him
3 Harribel currently alive prisoner of the Vandenreich. After Aizen she became king of Hueco Mundo but was defeated by the leader of the Vandenreich
While within visual range of Aizen, which is what I was getting at.

lord_khaine
2012-07-11, 12:11 PM
That is actualy an annoying point, allmost nothing we have seen around Aizen can really be trusted

Ramza00
2012-07-11, 12:12 PM
While within visual range of Aizen, which is what I was getting at.

While Aizen has the ultimate troll ability with his shika I will still argue that the number 1 and number 2 espada are dead and not just hidden by Kyōka Suigetsu

Baraggan possessed a flashback before his death. In his death throes he turns against Aizen trying to strike him down but dies before accomplishing this. Coyote Stark and Harribeal takes note of this death.

Coyote Stark also possessed a flashback before falling to his death. It was his failure that caused Aizen to act. Aizen then attacks Harribeal calls all the espada useless, and states that he will win on his power alone.

The fact that the first two espada have flashbacks before their death and Aizen states he does not need the espada followed by attacking the only live espada does not make it likely for Aizen to pull a fast one where he pretends espada 1 and 2 died followed by him whisking them away to someplace safe where they have time to recuperate.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-07-11, 01:18 PM
Barragan is quite obviously dead but...I have my doubts about Starrk. Granted, most of this is just wishful thinking on my part (Starrk was awesome!) but Starrk is the one Espada who died that we didn't see disintegrate like all hollows/arrancar do when they die aside from Yammy.

Every other Espada we see turn to ash. Wait, forgot Szyall...however you spell his name, but that's cause he hadn't finished dying by the time the scene cuts away from him. Now, of those two, Kisuke has no reason whatsoever to be afraid of Yammy (no one does really). The other potential Espada who could still be alive are...Harribel (She's accounted for) and Grimmjow...but unless Grimmjow got a massive power-up, he's no threat to Kisuke (lets face it, this is Bleach, he very well could have) and I doubt Kisuke would sound afraid of him. More importantly, did Grimmjow ever use his sword in battle? I only remember him punching unless he was released, but I never got a chance to see his fight with Ichigo sadly.

As for Starrk's flashback being an example of his death...well...Doesn't Harribel have a flashback during that fight too (in the anime at least)? More importantly, Harribel's survival is proof positive that Aizen isn't a master of reading arrancar life signs. Starrk could fail (which he did do) without being killed and if Starrk failed, no other Espada really had a chance, hence Aizen stepping in.

Gin it could be but...seems unlikely cause of how overt the attack was...mostly I just want it to be Starrk.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-07-11, 01:19 PM
Barragan is quite obviously dead but...I have my doubts about Starrk. Granted, most of this is just wishful thinking on my part (Starrk was awesome!) but Starrk is the one Espada who died that we didn't see disintegrate like all hollows/arrancar do when they die aside from Yammy.

Every other Espada we see turn to ash. Wait, forgot Szyall...however you spell his name, but that's cause he hadn't finished dying by the time the scene cuts away from him. Now, of those two, Kisuke has no reason whatsoever to be afraid of Yammy (no one does really). The other potential Espada who could still be alive are...Harribel (She's accounted for) and Grimmjow...but unless Grimmjow got a massive power-up, he's no threat to Kisuke (lets face it, this is Bleach, he very well could have) and I doubt Kisuke would sound afraid of him. More importantly, did Grimmjow ever use his sword in battle? I only remember him punching unless he was released, but I never got a chance to see his fight with Ichigo sadly.

As for Starrk's flashback being an example of his death...well...Doesn't Harribel have a flashback during that fight too (in the anime at least)? More importantly, Harribel's survival is proof positive that Aizen isn't a master of reading arrancar life signs. Starrk could fail (which he did do) without being killed and if Starrk failed, no other Espada really had a chance, hence Aizen stepping in.

Gin it could be but...seems unlikely cause of how overt the attack was...mostly I just want it to be Starrk.

jindra34
2012-07-11, 01:30 PM
My guess: Isshin Kurosaki pissed of at Urahara for helping Ichigo do something so stupid during a high tension time.

HandofShadows
2012-07-11, 01:32 PM
One former Espada skill kicking around is Gantenbainne Mosqueda. This guy also seems to have a measure of true honor.

Xondoure
2012-07-11, 01:48 PM
More Guesses:

It's Aizen with Spirit King powers
It's one of the Fullbring Guys
It's Aizen's boss
It's Rukia's Gigai which has Fullbringed into existence. Also it's part Arrancar
It's Aizen's boss but really he was working for Aizen and just thought he was the boss
It's Kon in Ichigo's body using his Fullbring powers
It's Aizen's Zanpakto
It's a fusion soul of all the unaccounted for Arrancar
It's two Aizens
It's Kenpachi
It's Aizen as a Vasto Lord after eating all the Arrancar
It's Kisuke Urahara
It's Aizen as a Vasto Lord after eating all the Vaizard
It's Isshin and Ryuken working for the Quincy
It's an Illusion of Aizen
It's Chad, Orihime, and Uryu working for the Quincy
It's Aizen and he's Ichigo's brother
It's Ichigo's sisters
It's three Aizens

DiscipleofBob
2012-07-11, 02:50 PM
But really, we already know who it is...
It's Tsukishima, come to save the day again just like how he single-handedly killed Aizen.

Seriously Kubo, Tsukishima's cool and all, but you should stop using him to solve every single conflict in the series, even if he is the most important character. Give some of the minor characters like Ichigo a chance for once.

Such a Gary Stu...

Dante & Vergil
2012-07-11, 06:23 PM
My theory,
It's Orihime. Remember way back when, when Ulquiorra and Grimmjow said to Ichigo that something may not be right with Orihime, well it could be because that Aizen (or one of the Espada, but Aizen seems more likely to be able to pull it off) imparted his power on Orihime, probably with the help of the Hogyoku, to manifest itself as a proxy of Aizen (or whomever imparted her their power) at a future point.

lord_khaine
2012-07-12, 04:03 AM
Ill go by the Isshin Kurosaki suggestion, to me that does sound like the most likely.

thubby
2012-07-12, 08:48 AM
I'm gonna guess its grimjaw.

Friv
2012-07-12, 11:33 AM
Guys, there is only one man cool enough to cut a Quincy in half like that while Urahara stares in total shock and awe.

SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!!

maximus25
2012-07-12, 05:30 PM
It's gotta be Grimmjow.

Please can it be Grimmjow?

Also, it couldn't be Starrk, he has guns, not a sword.

thubby
2012-07-12, 05:34 PM
Guys, there is only one man cool enough to cut a Quincy in half like that while Urahara stares in total shock and awe.

SPIRITS ARE ALWAYS WITH YOU!!

he is far too cool for to use a sword.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-07-18, 08:05 AM
New Chapter

So Ichigo is still stuck and not liking it. And Byakuya gets shredded by his own bankai after we get treated to a rather gruesome image of Rukia. This is the last arc, so it's hard to call his fate. Dead? Out of the fight? Willpower comeback in the next chapter?

thubby
2012-07-18, 11:29 AM
interesting chapter.

oh, and i have an idea who the mystery sword might belong to. rumor has it ashido was supposed to be cannon (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Ashido_Kan%C5%8D)

HandofShadows
2012-07-18, 12:36 PM
Page Urahara is getting hit. So I doubt it's anyone friendly to Soul Reapers.

LordRahl6
2012-07-18, 01:47 PM
Well concerning the mystery person you guys are talking about at the end of ch. 500 it can't be stark, he's dead. The possibilities for Espada are
Yammy, Grimmijow, and Harribel

The first of those I will eliminate because that individual hardly used their sword. Also where is Captain-General Yamamoto? Is he going after the Zero Company to bring them in the fight? If Isshin was with them as a former commander it would make sense that Ichigo's great amount of Reistu would keep the Vanderreich from taking his Bankai. The only other reason I possibily see is that since his Visored abilities are tied to Zangestu than technically all the fights we've seen him in with the Vanderreich he hasn't yet fully released them yet.

thubby
2012-07-18, 02:10 PM
cant be hallibel, she's been imprisoned. also, her sword is very unique in both forms.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-18, 03:25 PM
I don't know what it is about Bleach that keeps me around... Aizen outstayed his welcome so badly, and the Full Bring seemed so much like a BLAM, I thought I'd be over the series by now.... why am I still checking it with my regularly scheduled series?

Anyone else ****ing horrified about what Byakuya fears? That should have come with a warning, damn it!

Is Urahara dead? Or just in trouble?

And is that bad guy about to use Byakuya's Bankai against him? It kinda looks like that.

Kaez
2012-07-18, 08:55 PM
When did Ichigo LEARN a new Tensho.... that's the only mystery for me.

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-07-19, 01:03 AM
I don't know what it is about Bleach that keeps me around... Aizen outstayed his welcome so badly, and the Full Bring seemed so much like a BLAM, I thought I'd be over the series by now.... why am I still checking it with my regularly scheduled series?

Anyone else ****ing horrified about what Byakuya fears? That should have come with a warning, damn it!

Is Urahara dead? Or just in trouble?

And is that bad guy about to use Byakuya's Bankai against him? It kinda looks like that.

My guess? Closure. You saw the beginning, and even though you may be tired of it you can't help but wait until the end.

Drolyt
2012-07-19, 01:09 AM
My guess? Closure. You saw the beginning, and even though you may be tired of it you can't help but wait until the end.
But dang it why can't it end faster?

Closet_Skeleton
2012-07-19, 07:58 AM
More importantly, did Grimmjow ever use his sword in battle? I only remember him punching unless he was released, but I never got a chance to see his fight with Ichigo sadly.

Grimmjow used his sword all the time in Karakawa town before Orihime left for Hueco Mundo.

Doesn't Harribel have a flashback during that fight too (in the anime at least)?

Harribel's flashback is anime only.

Also, it couldn't be Starrk, he has guns, not a sword.

All Arrancar have swords when they aren't released. Well, except Nnoritora.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-07-19, 10:15 AM
All Arrancar have swords when they aren't released. Well, except Nnoritora.

Even when released, Starrk was capable of forming a sword.

LordRahl6
2012-07-19, 12:58 PM
Well it can't be Stark as he's dead, as to who it was that took out the Vanderriech guy.

As to the newest chapter, what's the GREATEST fear of all.
To me it's Death itself, and I fear Byakuya id just that.:smalleek:

Also, what was the technique used against Aizen by Ichigo that defeated him? and finally how much longer will Bleach go on?:smallconfused:

Callos_DeTerran
2012-07-19, 01:20 PM
Well it can't be Stark as he's dead, as to who it was that took out the Vanderriech guy.

Proof or he's not dead. :smalltongue:

Kaez
2012-07-20, 08:20 PM
Also, what was the technique used against Aizen by Ichigo that defeated him? and finally how much longer will Bleach go on?:smallconfused:

Mugestu....

Still doesn't answer the question in regards to when did he learn Gekka Tenshou.

Unless it was when he learned the final getsuga, it was a stepping stone power?

tyckspoon
2012-07-20, 10:54 PM
Mugestu....

Still doesn't answer the question in regards to when did he learn Gekka Tenshou.

He's known how to use that ability for a *very* long time. Heck, it's become so basic to him that the 'incomplete' form of his Fullbring power was basically Getsuga too.

VanBuren
2012-07-21, 02:11 AM
Mugestu....

Mangastream translated it as the regular Getsuga Tenshou, so could just be a translation issue.

Infernally Clay
2012-07-21, 08:37 AM
and finally how much longer will Bleach go on?:smallconfused:

It'll go on for a long time yet. Kubo said he intended another ten years, but it's difficult to say whether or not he was just joking about Oda's - at the time - recent remark about One Piece going on for another decade. Either way you look at it, this final arc is likely to last about 300 chapters.

There's a lot to get through. The Vandenreich's Leader might not even be the "final boss", given how we still have the Royal Guard and the Turn Back the Pendulum side story that'll reveal more about what happened over a century ago.

Xondoure
2012-07-21, 08:58 AM
It'll go on for a long time yet. Kubo said he intended another ten years, but it's difficult to say whether or not he was just joking about Oda's - at the time - recent remark about One Piece going on for another decade. Either way you look at it, this final arc is likely to last about 300 chapters.

There's a lot to get through. The Vandenreich's Leader might not even be the "final boss", given how we still have the Royal Guard and the Turn Back the Pendulum side story that'll reveal more about what happened over a century ago.

300 chapters? Somehow I doubt that. 100 I could see, but even then that's a lot.

LordRahl6
2012-07-21, 09:59 AM

I can't quite see it being that long either with the speed of the fight's going on right now, but who knows? However given that the Royal Guard better be entering this given the ease the Vanderreich has defeated the captains of Soul Society proper.:smallwink:

INoKnowNames
2012-07-21, 10:01 PM

I suppose that's one possible theory.... I certainly can't think of anything else, other than that my actual favorite series is getting a bit slow right now..

Exactly... how much stuff is going on right now? I'm not even sure if I'm following the same material anymore. It's such a twisted web of writing...

jindra34
2012-07-25, 07:25 AM
New chapter:
And we may actually have lost a captain, though I'll wait till the funeral just to be sure. And Kenpachi is Kenpachi, not much else to say there.

Julian84
2012-07-25, 08:44 AM
Byakuya dying? I'll believe it when they check his corpse, and not a moment sooner >_>

At any rate, I'm waiting for the moment some poor Vanden Reich guy opens up Aizen's cell and all hell breaks loose.

"I'll steal your bankai!"
"Bankai? Now, since when did you think I needed such a silly crutch as a bankai to begin with?"

Haruspex_Pariah
2012-07-25, 08:54 AM
Byakuya maybe dies. Kenpachi shows up, I'm guessing to fight the palehaired Quincy in the next chapter. I further guess that he beats the guy because he's Kenpachi and then the boss steps in to show how awesome his boss powers are.

HandofShadows
2012-07-25, 09:02 AM
New chapter:
And we may actually have lost a captain, though I'll wait till the funeral just to be sure. And Kenpachi is Kenpachi, not much else to say there.

He certainly knows how to make an entrance though. :smallbiggrin::smallcool:

Math_Mage
2012-07-25, 09:04 AM
Who says it's over when they've checked the body? It wasn't enough last time.

LordRahl6
2012-07-25, 09:54 AM
Byakuya maybe dies. Kenpachi shows up, I'm guessing to fight the palehaired Quincy in the next chapter. I further guess that he beats the guy because he's Kenpachi and then the boss steps in to show how awesome his boss powers are.

This is no big surprise given how they are defeating the Captains. I mean even Byakuya gets his due from HIS OWN BANKAI.:smalleek:

Friv
2012-07-25, 11:00 AM
Ouch.

Byakuya did look pretty dead, in a "smeared all across that wall" kind of way, but Orihime might still be able to fix that with her totally hax superpowers.

What's actually kind of impressing me... Kenpachi still hasn't taken off his eyepatch.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-07-25, 11:36 AM
Ouch.

Byakuya did look pretty dead, in a "smeared all across that wall" kind of way, but Orihime might still be able to fix that with her totally hax superpowers.

What's actually kind of impressing me... Kenpachi still hasn't taken off his eyepatch.

I don't think he needs to against these guys...if you think about, their own powers are neat...but they don't seem to be finishers. For that they steal power from their opponents (bankais/Allon) or their environment (being in reishi rich environments and going into Final Form). If this is the case...Kenpachi is going to roflstomp Vandenreich until he finally meets one that has power in and of themselves...or another conscripted arrancar troop.

...At which point he'll promptly take off his eyepatch and use two hands on his sword. :smalltongue: Silly Vandenreich, your finally tuned watches are no match for Kenpachi's sledgehammer to the face.

What I think is going to happen...is we'll find out that being a Vizard interferes with the bankai-stealing process. It's already hinted at faintly...but this means that when Yamamoto joins the fight he'll be forced to refrain from using his Bankai...again, or use it anyway and get it stolen...in which case we'll see Yamamoto's bankai finally...when it burns Soul Society to ashes.

Mando Knight
2012-07-25, 12:02 PM
Byakuya dying? I'll believe it when they check his corpse, and not a moment sooner >_>

At any rate, I'm waiting for the moment some poor Vanden Reich guy opens up Aizen's cell and all hell breaks loose.

"I'll steal your bankai!"
"Bankai? Now, since when did you think I needed such a silly crutch as a bankai to begin with?"

Steal my Bankai? All you stole was the illusion that I used Bankai at all!

Delusion
2012-07-25, 08:04 PM

Since when were you under the impression I had a Bankai in the first place?

INoKnowNames
2012-07-25, 09:48 PM
Since when were you under the impression I had a Bankai in the first place?

Yo dawg, I herd you like Inception.

VanBuren
2012-07-25, 11:10 PM
Since when were you under the impression that you had stolen my powers?

Trollzen 2: Troll Harder

LordRahl6
2012-07-26, 09:46 AM

Yes, no doubt that may well play part in this fight as well the two others of which only one has begun to be realized. Those being [SPOILER]Kenpachi has no Bankai and a Visoreds full release is with his/her mask.:smallbiggrin:[SPOILER]

Fiery Diamond
2012-07-26, 04:52 PM
I laughed at Kenpachi's entrance. Kenpachi needs no bankai, so he has an advantage.

These battles are considerably faster-paced than usual for Bleach. I'm kind of wondering why.

Tebryn
2012-07-26, 04:54 PM
I laughed at Kenpachi's entrance. Kenpachi needs no bankai, so he has an advantage.

These battles are considerably faster-paced than usual for Bleach. I'm kind of wondering why.

Because Captain Mom's Bankai is going to rez them.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-26, 05:55 PM
Yes, no doubt that may well play part in this fight as well the two others of which only one has begun to be realized. Those being [SPOILER]Kenpachi has no Bankai and a Visoreds full release is with his/her mask.:smallbiggrin:[SPOILER]

I think you need to fix your spoiler.

I don't remember her actually doing anything... Orihime can do it.

What if Orihime could reject the reality that the Bankai were stolen?

Infernally Clay
2012-07-26, 06:07 PM
That's why Orihime is stuck in Hueco Mundo with no way out.

I loved Zaraki's entrance. So very casual with three Stern Ritter on his back, no visible injuries and with the eyepatch still on. He doesn't stand a chance against Buckbeard, though, and I think it's too early for either Buckbeard or his right-hand man to fight unless they're just going to stomp Zaraki into the ground without any visible effort.

Byakuya's death was quite sad, as well, but taking three full body hits from his own Bankai before dying was incredibly impressive of him. He'll be missed, but his death both shows the Vandenreich's strength (Äs Nödt killed one of the stronger Shinigami Captains without even needing Vollständig) and gives Rukia and/or Renji the motivation for revenge.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-27, 06:31 AM
That's why Orihime is stuck in Hueco Mundo with no way out.

I loved Zaraki's entrance. So very casual with three Stern Ritter on his back, no visible injuries and with the eyepatch still on. He doesn't stand a chance against Buckbeard, though, and I think it's too early for either Buckbeard or his right-hand man to fight unless they're just going to stomp Zaraki into the ground without any visible effort.

Byakuya's death was quite sad, as well, but taking three full body hits from his own Bankai before dying was incredibly impressive of him. He'll be missed, but his death both shows the Vandenreich's strength (Äs Nödt killed one of the stronger Shinigami Captains without even needing Vollständig) and gives Rukia and/or Renji the motivation for revenge.

Psh. Ichigo's going to get another Getsugai pulled out of his butt and tear time and space in half to get everyone out. Or Hat & Clogs is gonna pull another Deus Ex Machina... although he is getting attacked right now, apparently...

It is a thousand chapters too early for Buckbeard to die by Kenpachi's hand. :smallsigh:

.... I'm sure there are some examples, maybe with Renji, and maybe with a team up, but I don't see how anyone beats someone that just destroyed Byakuya. Especially if he kept Byakuya's Bankai... although maybe Rukia's about to get her own Bankai...

Maugan Ra
2012-07-27, 06:45 AM
Depends on the individual in question. Though I'm personally still waiting to see what Ichigo's mask looks like now.

And... Byakuya? God damn it all, I liked him. The world needs more refined gentlemen, not less.

tyckspoon
2012-07-27, 11:04 AM
.... I'm sure there are some examples, maybe with Renji, and maybe with a team up, but I don't see how anyone beats someone that just destroyed Byakuya. Especially if he kept Byakuya's Bankai... although maybe Rukia's about to get her own Bankai...

Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Old Man Holocaust, maybe the Kido Corps if any of them can pull Captain-grade performance with the spells.. anybody who can fight a high-grade opponent without leaning on Bankai should be able to fight the Sternritter, as Kenpachi has already demonstrated. The big stumbling block is running into one that already yoinked a Bankai from somebody else and can deploy it against you in addition to their own abilities. Although I kinda feel sorry for the one who tries to use Komamura's Suicide Giant against any proper name-level opponent.

thubby
2012-07-27, 05:50 PM
don't forget urahara. his shikai is scary 0,o

INoKnowNames
2012-07-27, 10:58 PM
Depends on the individual in question. Though I'm personally still waiting to see what Ichigo's mask looks like now.

And... Byakuya? God damn it all, I liked him. The world needs more refined gentlemen, not less.

Eh, he was cool and refined and such, but still such a stuck up priss....

....DAMN IT WHY DID YOU HAVE TO DIE!?! ;.;

Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Old Man Holocaust, maybe the Kido Corps if any of them can pull Captain-grade performance with the spells.. anybody who can fight a high-grade opponent without leaning on Bankai should be able to fight the Sternritter, as Kenpachi has already demonstrated. The big stumbling block is running into one that already yoinked a Bankai from somebody else and can deploy it against you in addition to their own abilities. Although I kinda feel sorry for the one who tries to use Komamura's Suicide Giant against any proper name-level opponent.

For the most part, I was thinking about the notion that Renji and Rukia would have a reason for revenge. I don't see either of them taking on such an opponent by themselves and winning.... especially if it would take someone on Kenpachi, Yoruichi, Yamamoto, or the specialised army to win...

No one likes Komamura's Giant... why does it have to be so nerfed...

don't forget urahara. his shikai is scary 0,o

I don't remember him demonstrating his sword's abilities... Did he ever use Bankai?

thubby
2012-07-28, 01:40 AM
I don't remember him demonstrating his sword's abilities... Did he ever use Bankai?

we've seen his shikai (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Kisuke_Urahara#Zanpakut.C5.8D).

bankai is still a mystery. we know that he has it and that it's not suited to training.
it's almost guaranteed to be kido based, it probably causes substantial collateral damage, and it may have something to do with blood.

INoKnowNames
2012-07-28, 12:01 PM
we've seen his shikai (http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Kisuke_Urahara#Zanpakut.C5.8D).

bankai is still a mystery. we know that he has it and that it's not suited to training.
it's almost guaranteed to be kido based, it probably causes substantial collateral damage, and it may have something to do with blood.

Meh; all these ill defined, randomly pulled abilities out of no where that end up getting neglected... where was his Bankai when Aizen was about again?

Maugan Ra
2012-07-29, 12:56 PM
Same place as Kyoraku's, probably. It seems reasonable that some people have Bankai that are simply unsuited for fighting a single opponent. Moreso if there are friendly forces nearby.

KnightDisciple
2012-07-30, 01:16 PM
Same place as Kyoraku's, probably. It seems reasonable that some people have Bankai that are simply unsuited for fighting a single opponent. Moreso if there are friendly forces nearby.

Especially when that single target is someone who a.)has a stupidly hax illusion power and b.)has shown himself to be stupidly fast and have incredible reflexes.

Like, if it's an AOE thing, Yammy's release might have been an appropriate "single target".

Maugan Ra
2012-07-30, 03:31 PM
I've always assumed that Aizen's power isn't quite so broken and undefeatable as it appears to be. He was just lying when he explained how it worked and how super-awesome it was.

And my head-canon still maintains that the whole business with Yami never happened. Mostly because I dislike that 'cero espada' idea.

jindra34
2012-07-30, 03:37 PM
I've always assumed that Aizen's power isn't quite so broken and undefeatable as it appears to be. He was just lying when he explained how it worked and how super-awesome it was.

Well it did have the you grab his blade and it doesn't work on you flaw. And it didn't make anyone believe what they were sensing was real.

Istari
2012-07-30, 06:51 PM

And my head-canon still maintains that the whole business with Yami never happened. Mostly because I dislike that 'cero espada' idea.

Since he really didn't appear to be that strong I subscribe to the idea that the rankings weren't accurate and just assigned by Aizen to suit his own ends.

Spacewolf
2012-07-30, 08:13 PM
Or he was just lying to big himself up

Drolyt
2012-07-30, 08:31 PM
Or Kubo is just the king of inconsistency.

turbo164
2012-07-30, 10:45 PM
Or he forgot to carry the 1.

VanBuren
2012-07-31, 02:29 AM
Since he really didn't appear to be that strong I subscribe to the idea that the rankings weren't accurate and just assigned by Aizen to suit his own ends.

They were just assigned by the amount of reiatsu, which Yammy could vary on. Chances are he probably got weaker as the fight went on. Furthermore, just having a lot of reiatsu isn't the same as being able to effectively use it... so yeah.

HandofShadows
2012-08-01, 06:27 AM
Looks like we will not be getting any Bleach for a few weeks. Seems that Mr Kubo has gotten very sick and will need a lot of time to recover. :smallfrown:

thubby
2012-08-01, 07:02 AM
Looks like we will not be getting any Bleach for a few weeks. Seems that Mr Kubo has gotten very sick and will need a lot of time to recover. :smallfrown:

link for details?

HandofShadows
2012-08-01, 08:00 AM
link for details?

Sorry, my bad. http://mangastream.com/read/bleach/80730430/1
Great title though.

LordRahl6
2012-08-01, 09:41 AM
Get well, Kubo. We can do without for a few weeks even though it will be hard.:smallwink:

VanBuren
2012-08-01, 12:09 PM

Well that's too bad. Thankfully, we still have Tsukishima, who pretty much plotted out the SS Arc.

What a guy.

Callos_DeTerran
2012-08-01, 01:13 PM

We have no idea what Unohana's bankai is though...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's offensive, not defensive. People are scared of her for a reason, and I doubt it's because she can bring people back from the dead.

jindra34
2012-08-01, 02:47 PM
We have no idea what Unohana's bankai is though...but I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's offensive, not defensive. People are scared of her for a reason, and I doubt it's because she can bring people back from the dead.

Its the mantaray thing she used during the SS arc. We know it at least has some ability to heal but beyond that nothing.

Soras Teva Gee
2012-08-01, 02:53 PM
Its the mantaray thing she used during the SS arc. We know it at least has some ability to heal but beyond that nothing.

That was confirmed as a shikai somewhere outside the manga I believe.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-01, 03:28 PM

Maybe that's just the illusion Aizen wanted us to believe...

maximus25
2012-08-01, 04:34 PM
Maybe that's just the illusion Aizen wanted us to believe...

What gave you the impression I hadn't already finished the story?

thubby
2012-08-01, 08:39 PM

maybe it's vampiric. that would be pretty awesome.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-01, 08:51 PM
What gave you the impression I hadn't already finished the story?

Because you don't have enough money to drown yet?

turbo164
2012-08-03, 11:26 AM

It's been speculated that it works like Hanataro's, but with no limit. So every injury that thing has ever swallowed, it could then vomit up, causing the enemy to experience 3,472 broken bones, 67 collapsed lungs, 9,488 gallons of blood loss, etc.

Calemyr
2012-08-03, 12:05 PM
It's been speculated that it works like Hanataro's, but with no limit. So every injury that thing has ever swallowed, it could then vomit up, causing the enemy to experience 3,472 broken bones, 67 collapsed lungs, 9,488 gallons of blood loss, etc.

Egad. Considering her age and prominence as a healer, that would make her incredibly powerful.

jindra34
2012-08-03, 12:06 PM

Hopeful if thats the case she doesn't have to drop it all on one person. Because even by Bleach's no one dies standards with the Shinigami injury rate that would be overkill.

Closet_Skeleton
2012-08-03, 08:04 PM

That would do nothing, since this is shounen. People never die from flesh wounds, so even an infinite number of flesh wounds wouldn't kill someone.

Unless she has a resurrection power.

Drolyt
2012-08-03, 08:06 PM
That would do nothing, since this is shounen. People never die from flesh wounds, so even an infinite number of flesh wounds wouldn't kill someone.

Unless she has a resurrection power.
She might, but either way I don't think over 9000 gallons of blood loss can be considered a flesh wound. Not unless Kubo is secretly a pseudonym for a British comedy troupe, which wouldn't surprise me that much.

Thrawn183
2012-08-03, 10:16 PM

I'd love if she brought all the dead back as super zombies. Sort of a, if she can't save everyone, the more people you've killed the worse it gets for you thing.

Drolyt
2012-08-04, 01:06 AM
In the Databooks Unohana has 100 Offense, 100 Kido/Reiatsu, and 90 Strength. Just saying.

lord_khaine
2012-08-04, 05:17 AM
In the Databooks Unohana has 100 Offense, 100 Kido/Reiatsu, and 90 Strength. Just saying.

So, she grabs her whale by the tail, and starts to smack you around with it when she gets pissed?

HandofShadows
2012-08-04, 08:21 AM
So, she grabs her whale by the tail, and starts to smack you around with it when she gets pissed?

Nope. She scares you so much that you pick up the whale and hit yourself rather than have her do it. :smalleek:

She IS listed as a Nice One you don't want to get mad (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BewareTheNiceOnes) under anime.

darksolitaire
2012-08-04, 08:32 AM
She has not done anything yet though, so it's all speculation.:smallwink:

Maugan Ra
2012-08-12, 05:01 AM
Ah, there we go. New chapter, away!

Kenpachi is, as always, amusingly psychotic. His casual little explanation of how he pretty much went through three Sternritter at once is now one of my favorite scenes in the manga. And hey, Kubo's getting better at the whole 'not showing every meaningless side fight' thing.

Also, Yammamoto to the rescue. And I can't help but be amused by the fact that the solitary Sternritter is not only confident to be going one on one against the Soutaicho, he's actually pleased about it. My Quincy friend, I don't care what your name is, you do not know the meaning of overkill. Not yet.

HandofShadows
2012-08-12, 07:04 AM
Kenpachi is as always, is Kenpachi. But I have noticed a change this time around. He is going for the kill right off. :smalleek: In the past he has always done the blood knight thing and went for a big huge fight. Not this time. Has it sunk into even his head that this is a VERY bad situation? (Still has the eyepatch on though)

thubby
2012-08-12, 07:17 AM
Kenpachi is as always, is Kenpachi. But I have noticed a change this time around. He is going for the kill right off. :smalleek: In the past he has always done the blood knight thing and went for a big huge fight. Not this time. Has it sunk into even his head that this is a VERY bad situation? (Still has the eyepatch on though)

seeing how he butchered 3 of them, im getting the impression he just doesn't find them interesting enough.
this whole situation really is hugely in his favor. he has no bankai to take, he doesnt use kido, and he has the raw power to bludgeon through the armor skin thing.
if it cant be fun, may as well be fast, right?

HandofShadows
2012-08-12, 09:30 AM
seeing how he butchered 3 of them, im getting the impression he just doesn't find them interesting enough.
this whole situation really is hugely in his favor. he has no bankai to take, he doesnt use kido, and he has the raw power to bludgeon through the armor skin thing.
if it cant be fun, may as well be fast, right?

Maybe. I don't know. Funny how the one calls Kenpachi a monster after what he has been seen doing. :smallyuk:
And what is up with Ichigo? Building to a new form? The last thing you want to do is make Ichigo angry and he is REALLY angry right now. :smalleek: Something tells me that there is going to be something that comes out of left field in this story.

Ramza00
2012-08-12, 06:16 PM
You guys are not understanding Kenpachi's MO (modus operandi...a person's way of doing things or their style.)

Kenpachi only savor's the moment when he is fighting the strongest one of the group. He is purposefully being quick and fast with these quincy for the three quincy he fought so far were not the leader. That is why he asked if Buckbeard was the leader. Kenpachi always tries to attack the strongest and he goes after the strongest.

1) During the soul society arc when Ichigo and friend invaded soul society, Ichigo and friends were called the term Ryoka. Kenpachi purposefully tries to hunt down the strongest Ryoka (Ichigo) the one who survived an encounter with Gin (a captain) and defeated his third seat and thus this Ryoka must be strong.
2) He defeats Tesra (Nnotira's, the 5th espada, fracción) with a single blow
3) In the Fullbring arch Kenpachi tries to switch with Byakuya so he can fight Tsukishima who Kenpachi thinks is the strongest Fullbring. When he can't fight Tsukishima he finishes Giriko in a single blow saying it boring to fight small fry.

Thus if you are not the strongest or the leader you are small fry and are boring to Kenpachi. If you are the leader and you are strong and force Kenpachi to actually get serious to Kenpachi you are GOD for you are the bringer of his joy.

As soon as Kenpachi is confident he will win he will lose interest in you for actually killing is not the fun part but instead the fight and the challenge is where he gains his enjoyment.

Fiery Diamond
2012-08-12, 07:30 PM
You guys are not understanding Kenpachi's MO (modus operandi...a person's way of doing things or their style.)

Kenpachi only savor's the moment when he is fighting the strongest one of the group. He is purposefully being quick and fast with these quincy for the three quincy he fought so far were not the leader. That is why he asked if Buckbeard was the leader. Kenpachi always tries to attack the strongest and he goes after the strongest.

1) During the soul society arc when Ichigo and friend invaded soul society, Ichigo and friends were called the term Ryoka. Kenpachi purposefully tries to hunt down the strongest Ryoka (Ichigo) the one who survived an encounter with Gin (a captain) and defeated his third seat and thus this Ryoka must be strong.
2) He defeats Tesra (Nnotira's, the 5th espada, fracción) with a single blow
3) In the Fullbring arch Kenpachi tries to switch with Byakuya so he can fight Tsukishima who Kenpachi thinks is the strongest Fullbring. When he can't fight Tsukishima he finishes Giriko in a single blow saying it boring to fight small fry.

Thus if you are not the strongest or the leader you are small fry and are boring to Kenpachi. If you are the leader and you are strong and force Kenpachi to actually get serious to Kenpachi you are GOD for you are the bringer of his joy.

As soon as Kenpachi is confident he will win he will lose interest in you for actually killing is not the fun part but instead the fight and the challenge is where he gains his enjoyment.

That's it exactly.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-12, 09:42 PM
Where exactly are you guys getting your Manga? My normal reader is Mangareader.net, but it's a bit behind the times, or chooses not to let me see the latest chapters until at least the next day.

maximus25
2012-08-12, 09:57 PM
Mangahere.com

They got everything.

INoKnowNames
2012-08-12, 10:14 PM
Mangahere.com

They got everything.

Thank you.

Drolyt
2012-08-12, 10:20 PM
Usually MS is the fastest, and also the best translation, but apparently they aren't taking advantage of the break to get the next week's chapters out early.

Dante & Vergil
2012-08-13, 01:16 PM
Usually MS is the fastest, and also the best translation, but apparently they aren't taking advantage of the break to get the next week's chapters out early.

This is probably because MS only has them up for 60 hours before taking them down, and they'll probably wait to release it at their normal time, so no one whose use to their schedule misses it.

KnightDisciple
2012-08-13, 08:23 PM
Man, Kenpachi just keeps racheting up the awesome in this one, doesn't he? :smallcool:

darksolitaire
2012-08-15, 11:44 AM
So...no manga this week?

Friv
2012-08-15, 12:01 PM

You know, two things just occurred to me.

1) Kenpachi was right in the Fullbring arc; Tsukishima really was the strongest of the Fullbrings, by a fairly wide margin.
2) None of his tricks would have worked on Kenpachi.

"Hahah, I have cut you. Now we have always been the best of friends."
"Great! It's time for our rematch to the death, good friend!"

Calemyr
2012-08-15, 12:08 PM

Priceless. And since Kenpachi isn't a big believer in techniques, Tsukishima wouldn't have learned anything all that effective in the trade. It'd just be an excuse for Kenpachi to fight without any restraint.

Ramza00
2012-08-15, 12:23 PM
You know, two things just occurred to me.

1) Kenpachi was right in the Fullbring arc; Tsukishima really was the strongest of the Fullbrings, by a fairly wide margin.
2) None of his tricks would have worked on Kenpachi.

I think in such a circumstance Tsukishima (since he would know how Kenpachi operates due to his time manipulation ability) would use the time old quote

True valor means knowing when to run away.