PDA

View Full Version : What's Next??

Syklone
2012-01-10, 11:04 PM
1. I'm confused about the past few strips, so confirm this for me.
So the Resistance's polymorphed-to-hobbo spy was actually Team Evil's polymorphed-to-human spy that was sent to the Resistance, and then they used the spy as their spy? Whew.
I say that again, and it gets even more convoluted. :smallsigh:

2. A lot has transpired in their past strips. So much drama and climax-y action, with the new LG, the Resistance getting near-TPKed by Redcloak, and the phylactery.... What's next in the comic?

Will it switch back to the OOTS, as they travel to Windy Canyon/fight the LG/meet Girard? Or maybe the remaining members of the Resistance still, as they escape and make a new plan or Send to Hinjo/OOTS? Or lastly, Team Evil, heading towards the gate?

AND HOW WILL THE OOTS/NEW LG FIGHT TURN OUT?? I DON'T WANT ROY TO DIE AGAIN!! :smalleek:

SPECULATION BEGINS!

NOW.

kracken
2012-01-10, 11:11 PM
Ah, speculation. :smallsmile:

Well I think Rich is gonna tie up this part of the story with Xykon finding out about the phylactery or Redcloak hiding it from him. As for Roy and Co., I think both OoTs and LG will be forced to join forces to survive Xykon this next round :( . I have a lot of questions about about the future of this comic but what I really want to know is: Who (if anyone) is going to defeat Xykon!?!

t209
2012-01-10, 11:13 PM
So the Resistance's polymorphed-to-hobbo spy was actually Team Evil's polymorphed-to-human spy that was sent to the Resistance, and then they used the spy as their spy? Whew.

2. A lot has transpired in their past strips. So much drama and climax-y action, with the new LG, the Resistance getting near-TPKed by Redcloak, and the phylactery.... What's next in the comic?

Will it switch back to the OOTS, as they travel to Windy Canyon/fight the LG/meet Girard? Or maybe the remaining members of the Resistance still, as they escape and make a new plan or Send to Hinjo/OOTS? Or lastly, Team Evil, heading towards the gate?

AND HOW WILL THE OOTS/NEW LG FIGHT TURN OUT?? I DON'T WANT ROY TO DIE AGAIN!! :smalleek:

SPECULATION BEGINS!

NOW.

Or Thanh would be captured and turned into Manchurian Agent or Ulfric Stormcloak
or Thanh would turn into werewolf or were monsters and charge through the demons to escape
or Another resistance group charge in but lost their leader (a Nomad Khan) only thus filling up their numbers with nomadic warriors.
or Singing Always look on the bright side of life just as they are about to be executed.

Leecros
2012-01-10, 11:35 PM
Singing Always look on the bright side of life just as they are about to be executed.

I definitely think it's time for another fine musical piece. I mean, when was the last time we got one of those?

t209
2012-01-11, 12:00 AM
I definitely think it's time for another fine musical piece. I mean, when was the last time we got one of those?

It's kinda ruin the tone for this comic, I always wanted to see Azurites to have hope.
P.S- We still got V in another plane for bullet for Chekov gun.

Absol197
2012-01-11, 12:16 AM

I think you're making this a bit too complicated. The resistance has a spy that they polymorphed into a hobgoblin. Team Evil also has a (different) spy, who they polymorphed into a human. Two spies, one infultrating each organization.

TE's spy knows about the Resistance's spy because the Resistance told him about it, which is what he's referencing in the most recent strip: the Resistance thought they were so clever to polymorph a spy, and they didn't think, "Gosh, maybe our enemies are doing the same thing!"

t209
2012-01-11, 12:22 AM
How about..
The infamous Bolivian Army Ending from Sun dance Kid.

Lvl45DM!
2012-01-11, 12:24 AM
[QUOTE=Syklone;12510473]1. I'm confused about the past few strips, so confirm this for me.
QUOTE]

Um..no?
The resistance had a spy, human turned hobgoblin
Team Evil had a spy. hobbo (presumably) turned human.
Two seperate spies

Pory
2012-01-11, 06:28 AM

This one has been answered a few times already, they were two different spies. The resistance's spy was the white haired elf seized by one of the demon in the previous script.

Maybe team evil finally travels to Girard's gate or maybe there will be more slaughtering, the Giant is gore-y lately :smalltongue: (or maybe both :smalleek:) My personal epileptic tree is:
The philactery is still in that dark tunnel with the spy and that demon. It's possible the IIFC is watching the scene and will send Qarr to withdraw the philactery in order to threat Redcloak and Xykon and persuade them to go right now to Girard's gate.

Firemeier
2012-01-11, 06:52 AM
From a storytelling perspective I think it's most likely that we'll stay with Redcloak & Co. a while longer and then jump back to the OotS arriving at/ investigating Windy Canyon. This way the strips focussed on Team Evil give a sense that some time has passed between the OotS' departure from Bleedingham and their arrival at Windy Canyon.

Plus, jumping back to the OotS rather than the Linear Guild means that the audience will be as surprised as the protagonists about any hijinks Team Evil and/ or the LG pull off in the meantime.

The Pilgrim
2012-01-11, 07:36 AM
My personal epileptic tree is:
The philactery is still in that dark tunnel with the spy and that demon. It's possible the IIFC is watching the scene and will send Qarr to withdraw the philactery in order to threat Redcloak and Xykon and persuade them to go right now to Girard's gate.

The IFCC has no motivation to interfere, as Xykon will teleport to Girard's two rounds after he founds his philactery, which is exactly what the IFCC wants. (In fact, they must be drooling right now at the prospect of a three-way battle for Girard's Gate... maybe a four-side battle, as Tarquin and Nale are two separate sides... maybe five, as the OOTS and Giriard may end as two separate sides... ok make it six-way, as the IFCC is a side on it's own... well, and if we distingish Redcloak and Xykon as two separate sides it's a seven-way battle... damn, now I'm getting a headache, and there are still at least 2 sides left...).

toughluck
2012-01-11, 09:32 AM
The resistance's spy was the white haired elf seized by one of the demon in the previous script.
Nope, it was their wizard who was supposed to teleport out of there with the phylactery.

As for the spies -- this has been answered already, but I figure the spy in the tower has either already been taken care of, or is going to be, shortly.

t209
2012-01-11, 10:21 AM
What if elves made one trump card,

Attacking one of the southern countries by using polymorphed elves-goblins. Like No Russian

Kish
2012-01-11, 10:45 AM
That would work brilliantly as long as no one in that southern country had a brain or rudimentary magical abilities, but I'm not seeing what the elves would have to gain by such a pathetic country attacking Gobbotopia.

NerfTW
2012-01-11, 11:31 AM

No, no. Those are two separate spies. Hence his statement that if they did it to Xykon, why did they not think he'd do it to them.

t209
2012-01-11, 11:52 AM
That would work brilliantly as long as no one in that southern country had a brain or rudimentary magical abilities, but I'm not seeing what the elves would have to gain by such a pathetic country attacking Gobbotopia.

The southern country did not help Hinjo because they are scared of Xykon. Since Team Evil got the phylactery, they will leave Gobbotopia and
Destroy the evil nation like the Redguards did to Orc back in Elderscrolls Lore.

Pory
2012-01-11, 01:24 PM
Nope, it was their wizard who was supposed to teleport out of there with the phylactery.

Oops, silly me I misread that :smallredface:. I thought it was the white haired elf because in #825 Thanh said to the elf commander "I throught polymorphing your rogue into a hobgoblin wouldn't work...", they are four elves and three of them were in the ambush so I figured it was the only one that wasn't there (also, that demon is seizing him/her in a very "we have discovered your spy, surrender now" way :smalltongue:). But I reread the script and the rogue spy is supposed to be in the tower...dead or alive.

The IFCC has no motivation to interfere, as Xykon will teleport to Girard's two rounds after he founds his philactery, which is exactly what the IFCC wants. (In fact, they must be drooling right now at the prospect of a three-way battle for Girard's Gate... maybe a four-side battle, as Tarquin and Nale are two separate sides... maybe five, as the OOTS and Giriard may end as two separate sides... ok make it six-way, as the IFCC is a side on it's own... well, and if we distingish Redcloak and Xykon as two separate sides it's a seven-way battle... damn, now I'm getting a headache, and there are still at least 2 sides left...).

Oh boy, that's going to be epic :smallbiggrin: Regarding my theory, I didn't explain it with detail, my bad. The point is, the IFCC want all the sides moving and stop fooling around, but they don't really want Xykon (or any of the other 8 sides) to win, they want conflict. Right now, Xykon (and Redcloak, but specially Xykon) is probably the most powerful of the guys interested in the gates and he also have the philactery as a "back up" so if the IFCC hides it or gives it to someone (Linear Guild?), Xykon will lose this advantage but he will still going for the gates but acting more carefully now (he, I want to see that). Also, it will be easier to defeat in a future when the IFCC finally starts their plan with the gates, whatever it is.

I don't buy this theory that much but I didn't call it epileptic tree for nothing :smalltongue:

zimmerwald1915
2012-01-11, 01:29 PM
The IFCC's goals can't be limited to creating conflict. Conflict alone, as an abstract, doesn't contribute to bringing down the gods of good.

toughluck
2012-01-12, 03:42 AM
Oops, silly me I misread that :smallredface:. I thought it was the white haired elf because in #825 Thanh said to the elf commander "I throught polymorphing your rogue into a hobgoblin wouldn't work...", they are four elves and three of them were in the ambush so I figured it was the only one that wasn't there (also, that demon is seizing him/her in a very "we have discovered your spy, surrender now" way :smalltongue:). But I reread the script and the rogue spy is supposed to be in the tower...dead or alive.

Oh boy, that's going to be epic :smallbiggrin: Regarding my theory, I didn't explain it with detail, my bad. The point is, the IFCC want all the sides moving and stop fooling around, but they don't really want Xykon (or any of the other 8 sides) to win, they want conflict. Right now, Xykon (and Redcloak, but specially Xykon) is probably the most powerful of the guys interested in the gates and he also have the philactery as a "back up" so if the IFCC hides it or gives it to someone (Linear Guild?), Xykon will lose this advantage but he will still going for the gates but acting more carefully now (he, I want to see that). Also, it will be easier to defeat in a future when the IFCC finally starts their plan with the gates, whatever it is.

I don't buy this theory that much but I didn't call it epileptic tree for nothing :smalltongue:
Xykon could just create another phylactery then. There's nothing preventing him from doing that.
In fact, he could very well be creating one now and have Redcloak believe he has the phylactery, while in fact having just a shiny bauble.

factotum
2012-01-12, 07:50 AM
Xykon could just create another phylactery then.

Not necessarily--the rules are unclear and, in some cases, contradictory on this point (for instance, core rules don't specifically say a lich can't create another phylactery, but they don't say they can either; Libris Mortis explicitly says they can't, though). It's entirely possible that liches can only ever have one phylactery in the Stickverse.

In fact (SoD spoilers):

SoD shows that the Stickverse departs from RAW as far as lichdom is concerned anyway, because the rules state a lich has to create their own phylactery, whereas Redcloak used his pre-existing holy symbol to make one for Xykon.

Pory
2012-01-12, 02:02 PM
I doubt Xykon can create another philactery so easily, in this stript (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0662.html) (second to last panel) he says he wants his philactery back even if it takes weeks or months to find it, if he could just create another one...why wait? But now that you mention it...that could be the reason of his misterious "errands" in the past, he is making phylacteries and hiding them in other places...wait...where have I read something like that before? :smallconfused: :smallbiggrin:

Regarding the spy elf part, I remembered...well, I read in another topic, that there were another elves (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0705.html) there, so it's pretty possible that the rogue elf is the one that sends the rat.

Kish
2012-01-12, 02:22 PM
It is entirely possible that Xykon can create enough phylacteries to bring his "current total of intact phylacteries" up to 1, at any given time.

I think it's more likely that he will only ever have one phylactery. But "he tried to get that one back rather than just saying 'meh, let it stay in the sewer, I'll make another one'" is not proof.

Gift Jeraff
2012-01-12, 04:54 PM
Regarding the spy elf part, I remembered...well, I read in another topic, that there were another elves (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0705.html) there, so it's pretty possible that the rogue elf is the one that sends the rat.Rogues don't get spells. Though I guess rogue/ranger is a possibility.

t209
2012-01-13, 10:09 AM
Everything in this thread is busted and no longer applied since the resistance is crushed.