PDA

View Full Version : RaggedAngel vs Circle of Life: Hardcore Grudge Match

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 05:44 PM
A faint flicker of light washes into your vision and you sit up, your head pounding. For a moment, you remember nothing, but the nothingness is quickly replaced by a blazing surge of memory. You remember the fusion; taking another soul into your own and binding it there with incomprehensible magic. You remember the feeling of a new power and a new mind, one that rivaled your own.

You sit up, becoming aware of your surroundings for the first time. You're in a massive room, almost large enough to have its own weather, filled with nothing but infrequent stone pillars and an ambient light. You see another individual in the distance, far off enough that you can't tell much about him other than his gender and race. You stand, head still swimming; before you can do anything else, a sudden knowledge burns through your mind, overpowering every other thought and goal.

That man has to die.

Can you direct me to that map program? I suppose I could just make you do all the work, like usual, but it's high time I puppet-mastered around here. :smallwink:

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 05:59 PM
I'll do you one better.

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/03-river_arena.png

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/06-barn_yard.png

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/08-kyaces_glass_arena.png

Pick one you like?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 06:32 PM
The last one should do nicely, I think. And thanks for providing those; having stuff to move around is much more realistic than a whole lot of nothing.

Initiative time! I'm working under the premise that we've prepared nothing, not even stances or day-long spells. Would you like to change that?

[roll0]

Aenor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=359994)
Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12, Init +2, HP 143/143, DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-footed 25, Fort +15, Ref +16, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
+1 Gloryborn White Raven Harmonizing Crystal Echoblade Greatsword +18/+13/+8 (2d6+9, 19-20/x2)
+2 Gloryborn Mithral Breastplate, Ring of Force Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect, +4 Misc)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 20
Condition None
Stance: None
Maneuvers Readied: War Leader's Charge, Disrupting Blow, Iron Heart Focus, Lightning Recovery, Emerald Razor

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 06:34 PM
I would like all-day abilities and stances to be ready. Short duration things can stay or go as you wish - I can use mine at-will, so I understand if you want them left off. Would you like a round's grace period to buff, or get straight to the smashy smashy?

Initiative depends on available buffs.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 06:53 PM
Huzzah! I forgot that you're reasonable when it comes to stances. Sure, Aenor may walk around funny, but I'll be damned if he's caught off his guard.

Hm. I could start out with my Phantom Steed, but I don't want to have to bother with it, to be completely honest. Too much hassle for a slugfest. My only other "all day buff" is Voice of the Dragon, which only lasts 2 hours. I'll leave that be; if I wanted to Diplomacy you into submission it would be no challenge at all. :smallwink:

I would love a round of buff time; I have an insatiable desire for buff time, to be honest.

Shall we dance?

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 06:58 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

Carerris will start in Y-13, ground level.

Repost of the map for convenience:
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/08-kyaces_glass_arena.png

Carerris has several active magical effects, and an active stance. You can make appropriate checks to discern those when you get sight of her.

If you get sight of her before my first turn:Carerris's hair is even longer than normal, and her eyes are yellow and slitted, like a feral beast. She holds a saber of liquid silver light, and a tiny mote of light circles around her at a distance of ten feet.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 07:17 PM
Aenor likewise has an active stance, and on his turn he starts doing loud things. Thanks to the Listen rules, however, you can't hear any of them. Probably. Listen DC 35ish: There is a blast on a horn, and a man starts singing a song of glory and victory.

Actions (for reference later):
Swift: Begins Inspire Greatness, using the Words of Creation. +4d10's, +4 Attack, +2 Fort saves. He takes [roll0] nonlethal damage and gains 21 temporary hit points.
Standard: He blows his Horn of Resilience, granting himself an extra 50 temporary hit points.
Move: He stows the Horn in his Handy Haversack.
Free: He shifts to A12.

Current Statblock:
Aenor (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=359994)
Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12(16), Init +2, HP 184/143, DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-footed 25, Fort +17, Ref +16, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
+1 Gloryborn White Raven Harmonizing Crystal Echoblade Greatsword +25/+20/+15 (2d6+9, 19-20/x2)
+2 Gloryborn Mithral Breastplate, Ring of Force Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex, +2 Deflect, +4 Misc)
Condition None
Stance: None
Maneuvers Readied: War Leader's Charge, Disrupting Blow, Iron Heart Focus, Lightning Recovery, Emerald Razor

End turn. (I have to go DM in real life for a bit. I shall return posthaste, good sir.)

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 07:27 PM
There is a flash of silvery light through the glass, then Carerris's blurry form disappears. Wherever she went, you can't see it now.

If you gain sight to the northern portion of the map:Carerris isn't present.

If you gain sight to the southern portion of the map:Carerris isn't present.

If you gain sight to the upper levels of the map:Carerris isn't present. There is, however, a splotch of darkness centered on T-13, which holds a single tiny marble. Make a spot check.

If you gain sight to the eastern portion of the map:Carerris isn't present. A section of darkness extends from the middle edge of the upper level to the east, however.

Actions:Ether Gate Teleport to U-13, rooftop, hiding: [roll0]. Cast darkness on marble, drop it in T-13.

Edit: Oh, right, turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 07:55 PM
If you can see Aenor's starting area: Aenor ceases singing, but his blade seems to pick up the tune. He casts a spell and vanishes.
Spellcraft DC 19: Greater Invisibility. Big surprise.

Rest of his turn:
Blade carries his Inspire Greatness. He starts singing Inspire Courage, enhanced by Words of Creation, as a swift action. [roll0] nonlethal damage, and +6 to attack and damage. He heals 6 points of nonlethal damage thanks to Fast Healing.

He moves 40 ft.

Current Statblock:
Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12(16), Init +2, HP 214/143 (28NL), DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
AC 27, Touch 18, Flat-footed 25, Fort +17, Ref +16, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
+1 Gloryborn White Raven Harmonizing Crystal Echoblade Greatsword +31/+26/+21 (2d6+21, 19-20/x2)
Condition None
Stance: Leading the Charge

Turn Over. :smallsmile:

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 08:02 PM
Carerris blinks into being in a flash of silvery light in N-13 ten feet off the ground. Barring some funky line of sight issues, you should be able to see her through the glass wherever you are. A silvery mote of light orbits quickly around her at a distance of ten feet, passing through the glass without pause or harm. Can Carerris see Aenor?

If not, and you are within 5 feet of the path of the orbiting mote:The mote stops adjacent to you, and you are briefly outlined in silver light. Where are you?

Turn isn't over. Let me know if Carerris detects you somewhere.

Carerris currently has Scent, if it matters.

You can open the first description of Carerris now, by the way. Nothing has visibly changed from that.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 08:16 PM
Aenor cannot be seen and is far enough away that neither the lights nor Scent reveal his presence (assuming a 30ft radius and that the walls block it.)

She can hear rather impressive singing, but there are no rules for detecting people due to their Bardic Music so I don't know how to deal with that.

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 08:18 PM
Direction of the singing?

Listen: [roll0] Assuming DC 0 + distance modifiers for location, say -10 on that DC for general direction?

I figure the rules for vocal components are the closest you'll get to Bardic Music, so yeah.

Edit: Carerris has a Ring of Spell-battle, so she's automatically aware of all casting within 60 feet, no check or sight/sound needed.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 10:30 PM
Direction of the singing?

Listen: [roll0] Assuming DC 0 + distance modifiers for location, say -10 on that DC for general direction?

I figure the rules for vocal components are the closest you'll get to Bardic Music, so yeah.

Edit: Carerris has a Ring of Spell-battle, so she's automatically aware of all casting within 60 feet, no check or sight/sound needed.

Based on his distance to Carerris and this page (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/specialAbilities.htm#invisibility) she can tell that he's vaguely in front of her, behind at least one pane of glass. He has not cast within 60 feet of her (yet).

Sorry about my absence there; I was running a RHoD campaign, actually. I just got one of the players to kill another with a Suggestion. :smallwink: I am the best DM ever.

EDIT- To clarify, he is the western 90-degree arc of the map, and isn't too far away to not be heard. I'm not sure how specific I'm supposed to be.

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 10:36 PM
Carerris teleports to I-13, rooftop level.

If you move on your next turn:Reactive spot check:[roll0] vs your hide check +20 for moving invisibility + distance modifiers.

Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 10:52 PM
I13? Really? Damn I'm predictable.

Carerris hears another song light up, and while the first one ends the faint hum of power does not immediately vanish.

She then senses a spell being cast directly underneath her. Does she do anything? (It's a standard action spell, but I don't know what kind of countering action she's got going.)

Swift Action DFI, [roll0] nonlethal damage, he heals 6 points of damage.

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 10:56 PM
Spellcraft to identify. That'll affect how I respond. DC 15+spell level: [roll0]

And just so we're clear, I'm not opening any of your spoilers that I can't look at. If you're in I-13, it was blind luck.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:04 PM
Spellcraft to identify. That'll affect how I respond. DC 15+spell level: [roll0]

And just so we're clear, I'm not opening any of your spoilers that I can't look at. If you're in I-13, it was blind luck.

Oh, jeeze, I never meant to be accusatory; I'm actually happy, as it makes my spell-aiming easier. I never posted where I was; I just moved 40 feet forward from the starting block, which as you'll note is exactly where you are. :smallwink:

Assuming you can hear the casting through the glass (I'm pretty sure you can) it's Whirling Blade (http://dndtools.eu/spells/complete-arcane--55/whirling-blade--575/).

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:09 PM
Oh, cool. Immediate action to shift that attack to target the glass pane at I-12. That makes my next turn easier. :smallwink:

I suppose it would be too much to hope for that you only have normal Invisibility on and that breaks the effect?

If not, where did the spell originate from?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:12 PM
Oh, cool. Immediate action to shift that attack to target the glass pane at I-12. That makes my next turn easier. :smallwink:
What exactly happens here? It's a line effect, not a single attack.

I suppose it would be too much to hope for that you only have normal Invisibility on and that breaks the effect?

If not, where did the spell originate from?
Ha, you wish. He's invisible, but it originated directly beneath you, on the ground.

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:13 PM
What exactly happens here? It's a line effect, not a single attack.

Ring of Spell-battle allows me to redirect the spell to any legal destination. I choose a trajectory that passes through the glass pane at I-12 (but not I-13, obviously).

Ha, you wish. He's invisible, but it originated directly beneath you, on the ground.

'kay.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:20 PM
Okay then, attack and damage on that pane of glass:

Attack: [roll0] (12 BAB + 5 Str + 4 Enhance + 6 IC + 5 SFWD + 4 IG)
Damage: [roll1] (7 Str + 1 Enhance + 1 Electricity + 6 Sonic + 6 IC) + [roll2] Cold

Yeah. He broke the **** out of that glass.

He moves away at half speed. Move Silently: [roll3]

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:21 PM
See above if movement spoiler.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:25 PM
See above if movement spoiler.

If the ceiling counts as a door, she succeeds. If a wall, she fails. Since there's an open hole, I'm going to say it's like a door. He moves to scratch that. That is some exceptionally impressive Listening. blarg

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:27 PM
That's actually a spot check, but okay. :smalltongue:

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:36 PM
That's actually a spot check, but okay. :smalltongue:

Oh, that's a spot? In that case she does not know his exact location; she just knows he moves "north" of his previous location a little ways.

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:39 PM
The mote of light moves to G-15 +5, then north to G-8 +5, then east to I-8 +5. Does it come within 5 feet of Aenor at any point in that?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-11, 11:53 PM
The mote of light moves to G-15 +5, then north to G-8 +5, then east to I-8 +5. Does it come within 5 feet of Aenor at any point in that?

Yes, at I-8. (He's at I-9.)

Circle of Life
2012-01-11, 11:58 PM
Carerris teleports to I-11 and defensively casts a targeted Lunar Lament on Aenor. Take 10 with Arcane Mastery for a dispel result of 27 on all of his active spells. What changes?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 12:05 AM
He is suddenly visable. He is a tall, handsome man with metallic-silver hair, mithral armor, and a massive, crystal blade. His armor seems to be designed for, well, awesomeness rather than protection, and his blade looks poorly balanced and overlarge. He winks, and there is a clear light in his bright blue eyes.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 12:09 AM
Carerris winks back, flashing a pearly-toothed grin that reveals a pair of wolf-like fangs in place of her incisors.

"Ready to join the night, pretty one?" she purrs, raising a lacquered nail to her teeth and biting down suggestively.

Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 12:31 AM
Just inside charging distance, you marvelous bastard. You'll rue the day you decided to, uh, play well.

Aenor replies not with words, but song, his voice clear and high. He dances in perfect rhythm with his voice, and his blade hums along to the tune, clear and bright. His hand flicks off of his blade in a sharp motion, and he lets out a single chanting word.

(Your spellcraft is enough to autosucceed; it's Bladeweave. Can you counter it?)

Sheet for my reference (or yours):
Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12(16), Init +2, HP 214/143 (22NL), DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
+1 Gloryborn White Raven Harmonizing Crystal Echoblade Greatsword +31/+26/+21 (2d6+21, 19-20/x2)
Condition: Inspire Greatness (7rnds), Dragonfire Inspiration (4rnds), Inspire Courage, Snowflake Wardance (14rnds), Horn of Resilience

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 12:32 AM
No action taken.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 12:49 AM
Aenor dances a step forward, and unleashes a glorious and spectacular array of attacks on Carerris, only the tiniest tinge of regret in his eyes.

Attack 1: [roll0] (Power Attack for 2)
Damage 1: [roll1] + 1 Electricity and a bunch of Cold (Saints ignore both)

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]

EDIT- Add 4 damage to each of those damage rolls from Power Attack.

He may use a counter to reroll a missed attack, depending on what happens.

If he hits at least once make a Will save DC 19 or be Dazed. (1's happen is why.)

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 12:52 AM
The first attack scores Carerris cleanly from sternum to hips, and a line of blood sprouts along her gown an instant later. She throws back her head to howl a death scream - and explodes in a thousand multicolored motes. (Mirror Image effect)

The real Carerris is nowhere to be seen. Since that was the first attack, you have a move action remaining.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 12:54 AM
He moves to E11, and makes a Spot and Listen for some reason.

[roll0] [roll1]

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 01:10 AM
A semisolid Carerris is shunted out of the ground at I-12 a moment later, body solidifying even as she fixes her gaze on Aenor (it is Aenor, not Damien, isn't it?). Scowling, she spins in place, disappearing in a flash of light only to reappear perched on the edge of the glass roof (F-14, roof level). Raising her free hand overhead, she conjures an orb of pure white light, then hurls it toward Aenor.

Twisting Wind Shot: [roll0] for [roll1] plus [roll2]*2=102 searing damage (half fire, half divine).

Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:22 AM
It is indeed Aenor, I'm just an idiot when it's late.

Aenor continues to sing, but he smiles as well, and with another hummed word and a bit of focus he leaps into the air (Swift Fly), hurtling towards Carerris. He slams into her with the force of an avalanche, glowing brighter than the morning sun.

War Leader's Charge: [roll0] Power Attack for 6.
Damage: [roll1]

If he hits it's a Will Save DC 19 or she's Dazed. If he misses he'll us a counter to reroll unless she's another illusion.

Sheet:
Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12(16), Init +2, HP 122/143 (14NL), DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
AC 28, Touch 19, Flat-footed 25, Fort +17, Ref +16, Will +14, Base Attack Bonus +12/+7/+2
Condition: Inspire Greatness (6rnds), Dragonfire Inspiration (3rnds), Inspire Courage, Snowflake Wardance (13rnds), Swift Fly

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 01:27 AM
Carerris spins in place as Aenor nears, dividing into [roll0] copies of herself. Which one is he attacking? Derp.

The image shatters like the one before it. Turn complete?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:30 AM
Carerris spins in place as Aenor nears, dividing into [roll0] copies of herself. Which one is he attacking? Derp.

The image shatters like the one before it. Turn complete?

Yes.Tencharactersblargblargblargstupidillusions

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 01:38 AM
Carerris reappears in E-14, ground level, which must be adjacent to where Aenor ended up after his charge.

Carerris grins wolfishly, then spins, blade of moonlight flashing in two quick arcs even as she spins a boot heel sparking with silver energy toward Aenor's head. Righting herself with a dancer's poise, she lunges forward, teeth snapping.

Moon Blade: [roll0] (vs touch AC) for [roll1] untyped damage.
Snap Kick: [roll2] for [roll3] bludgeoning + [roll4] searing.
Moon Blade: [roll5] (vs touch AC) for [roll6] untyped damage.
Bite: [roll7] for [roll8] bite damage, and a fort save vs lycanthropy.

If either of the moonblade attacks hit, make a DC 23 Reflex save for each one or be blinded for one round. In addition, you must succeed on a Concentration check (DC 10 + moon blade damage dealt + spell level) to cast a spell next round if they hit.

Not quite done, need to see the results.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:41 AM
Wait, the walls are 20 feet high. Is she attacking him from the ground?

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 01:46 AM
Swift fly only lasts one round, and you have to charge to the closest space, which would have been E-13 +15. If Aenor ended up somewhere else, Carerris could have teleported anywhere adjacent. I just made the logical assumption.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:51 AM
Swift fly only lasts one round, and you have to charge to the closest space, which would have been E-13 +15. If Aenor ended up somewhere else, Carerris could have teleported anywhere adjacent. I just made the logical assumption.

Oh, she has reach. Missed that. Nevermind, good sir.

Save for the one hit, Reflex DC 23: [roll0]

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 01:52 AM
Carerris doesn't have reach. It was my mistake. She'll end up in F-13 on the rooftop instead, and deliver the attacks from there. Add +1 to the attack rolls for higher ground.

I apologize for the mistake. :smallredface:

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 02:03 AM
Carerris doesn't have reach. It was my mistake. She'll end up in F-13 on the rooftop instead, and deliver the attacks from there. Add +1 to the attack rolls for higher ground.

I apologize for the mistake. :smallredface:

I called one of my favorite characters by the name of an entirely different character for two rounds; you're allowed to make a distance mistake. It's 2am, silly.

The first attack is still the only hit. :smallwink:

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 02:07 AM
Carerris 5-ft steps to G-13 +20. Done.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 02:16 AM
Aenor falls and autosucceeds on the Jump and Tumble required to take no damage.

He uses Swift Fly again, moves to G12, and then attacks with Emerald Razor.

Touch Attack: [roll0] Power Attack for 12.
Damage: [roll1]

End turn, and sleep for now. :smallwink:

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 02:33 AM
Carerris takes the attack with stoic resolve, though it opens a gaping wound in her side. The wound begins to heal immediately however, and she responds with a flurry of flashing moonlight saber slashes, followed by a kick and a lunging bite.

Moon Blade: [roll0] (touch) for [roll1] untyped.
Snap Kick: [roll2] for [roll3] + [roll4] searing <- Crit Threat
Moon Blade: [roll5] (touch) for [roll6] untyped.
Bite: [roll7] for [roll8] and a fort save against lycanthropy.

Carerris then 5-ft steps to H-14 and fires a quickened lunar lancet: [roll9] (touch) for [roll10] untyped.

If any of the moon blades or the lunar lancet hit, make a Reflex save, DC 23, or be blinded for one round.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 02:34 AM
Snap Kick crit confirm: [roll0] for [roll1] bludgeoning + [roll2] bonus searing damage.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:56 PM
Reflex: [roll0]

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 01:58 PM
Immediate action, Iron Heart Focus: [roll0]

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 02:04 PM
(I was considering falling back and using Diplomacy, but this is a man's fight; might as well make it quick and gritty. Oh, and I've been assuming that all of your attacks are magical and overcome DR. Is this incorrect?)

Oh, and it's my fault for not reminding you, but she needed to make a Will Save DC 19 or be dazed after he hit her.

Aenor shakes off the blinding power and lunges forward, continuing to attempt to crush the magical dancer under his blade.

Attack 1: [roll0] (Power Attack for 2)
Damage 1: [roll1]

Attack 2: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Attack 3: [roll4]
Damage 3: [roll5]

If he hits, DC 19 Will save or be Dazed.

Male Neutral Good Saint Silverbrow Human (Native Outsider) Bard 12// Warblade 12, Level 12(16), Init +2, HP 21/143, DR 10/evil, Speed 40ft.
Condition: Inspire Greatness (5), Dragonfire Inspiration (2), Inspire Courage, Snowflake Wardance (12)

Depending on the results of the first two attacks he may use a counter to reroll the last one.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 02:08 PM
(I was considering falling back and using Diplomacy, but this is a man's fight; might as well make it quick and gritty. Oh, and I've been assuming that all of your attacks are magical and overcome DR. Is this incorrect?)

Diplomacy doesn't work on PCs, unless you invested in the Seduction skill from BoEF. :smallwink:

Oh, and it's my fault for not reminding you, but she needed to make a Will Save DC 19 or be dazed after he hit her.

[roll0]

Depending on the results of the first two attacks he may use a counter to reroll the last one.

First attack hits, reduced significantly by DR. The other two miss.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 02:13 PM
First attack hits, reduced significantly by DR. The other two miss.

What on earth is your AC made out of? Your sheet only says 32.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 02:25 PM
What on earth is your AC made out of? Your sheet only says 32.

My AC is made out of Lycanthropy (+2 NA, +2 Wis for another +2 combined) and an updated set of armor prior to starting the match. I haven't saved the changes to the sheet since I'm going to have to change things after and it would be easier to just hit reset rather than going through. My AC is 39, though, and I have Eyes of the Stars active which automatically dazzles you for a -1 to all the attacks.

Also, I completely forgot my Dreadful Wrath feat. My fault. How do you want to handle that, retroactive save or starting next round?

Edit: As the the magical weapons bit: The moon blade is literally made from magic, the radiant palm attacks are (Su), and the snap kicks are made with a +1 weapon. So, yes.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 02:56 PM
My AC is made out of Lycanthropy (+2 NA, +2 Wis for another +2 combined) and an updated set of armor prior to starting the match. I haven't saved the changes to the sheet since I'm going to have to change things after and it would be easier to just hit reset rather than going through. My AC is 39, though, and I have Eyes of the Stars active which automatically dazzles you for a -1 to all the attacks.
Seems legit, bro.

Also, I completely forgot my Dreadful Wrath feat. My fault. How do you want to handle that, retroactive save or starting next round?
Er. What does it do?

Edit: As the the magical weapons bit: The moon blade is literally made from magic, the radiant palm attacks are (Su), and the snap kicks are made with a +1 weapon. So, yes.
I have DR/Evil; the Moon Blade will ignore that, but what about the Radient Palms?

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 03:04 PM
Er. What does it do?

It makes you Shaken for a minute after I attack, charge, or cast a spell within 20 feet of you if you fail a Will save. Once affected, you're immune for 24 hours.

I have DR/Evil; the Moon Blade will ignore that, but what about the Radient Palms?

Radiant Palm is bonus magic damage. Your DR would ignore the bludgeoning damage though.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 03:06 PM
Will: [roll0]

Do I make the save for every single attack?

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 03:09 PM

Do I make the save for every single attack?

Nope. One save, whether success or failure, renders you immune.

Edit: Did you want to reroll one of those misses?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 03:12 PM
Yeah, the second miss gets rerolled, and I need another Will save (19) for the first hit.

Reroll: [roll0] EDIT- Lovely.

The same damage as before. End turn.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 03:14 PM

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 03:17 PM
Carerris claps her hands together with a smack and fades from view. An instant later, a wave of pure energy rushes through Aenor, then shoots off through the glass, leaving a rippling distortion in the barrier but causing no harm. Carerris reappears at the end of the wave, smiling and licking her lupine teeth.

Warp Worm: Touch attack: [roll0] for [roll1] force damage. Regardless of whether that hits or not, Carerris reforms in L-14 +15, then slowly falls to the earth. Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 05:33 PM
Aenor dies messily.

*fanfare*

Well, that didn't last too long. Good job, she is very powerful indeed.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 05:36 PM
You had me worried when I had to use both of my defensive counters in the first two attacks.

Sadly, Carerris got nerfed to oblivion with the updated-updated Saint template from Fyre, so I'm making something else. Would you be game for a match against Carerris v 2.0, with 100% more psionics and 100% less moonblessed?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 10:02 PM
You had me worried when I had to use both of my defensive counters in the first two attacks.

Sadly, Carerris got nerfed to oblivion with the updated-updated Saint template from Fyre, so I'm making something else. Would you be game for a match against Carerris v 2.0, with 100% more psionics and 100% less moonblessed?

I would indeed :smallsmile:. I will warn you, however; Aenor isn't really meant for one on one fights. He's a White Raven using Bard, for Pete's sake. Keep that in mind as you kill me again. :smallwink:

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 10:30 PM
Yeah, that's a fair point. I won't have Saint immunities this time around though, so it should be a little more evenly matched. I'll post a sheet link here when I'm finished.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 10:56 PM
Here's a look at Carerris v 2.0 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=360572). I've lessened the Feral template to make it saner by removing the claw attacks, the special attacks, and the special qualities. Do you agree that this brings it roughly into line with your Saint remake?

Power selection will be finished shortly and we should be good to go.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-12, 11:05 PM
Here's a look at Carerris v 2.0 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=360572). I've lessened the Feral template to make it saner by removing the claw attacks, the special attacks, and the special qualities. Do you agree that this brings it roughly into line with your Saint remake?

Power selection will be finished shortly and we should be good to go.

A Belt of Str +4 and Con +2 will cost (16000+4000*1.5)=(22000gp), not 20000gp.

EDIT- Also, as I am fairly unversed in Psionics I'd like to know how you pulled of a +6 Animated Heavy Shield at this level. Not doubting, just impressed.

Circle of Life
2012-01-12, 11:07 PM
MIC removed the 1.5x cost modifier for affinity items.

Edit: Traveler Class features (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153977) + Feat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8576560&postcount=3)

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 12:50 AM
MIC removed the 1.5x cost modifier for affinity items.

Edit: Traveler Class features (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153977) + Feat (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8576560&postcount=3)

Seriously? Dammit, I've been overcharging myself. Thank you for pointing that out. :smallsmile:

EDIT- I suspect it's due to the hour, but I don't see how you have more than a +3 on the shield, based on the advancement table for the Traveler and the listed feats/class features.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:34 AM
EDIT- I suspect it's due to the hour, but I don't see how you have more than a +3 on the shield, based on the advancement table for the Traveler and the listed feats/class features.

Specializing completely in the path of the Planar Blade grants an additional +3 bonus over the course of that esoterica.

Internet crapped out in the middle of power selection last night; should be done shortly.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 01:44 PM
Power and maneuver selection should be finished. Ready whenever.

What are the rules of engagement this time around?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 02:22 PM
Power and maneuver selection should be finished. Ready whenever.

What are the rules of engagement this time around?

Hm. Let's pick a different map; that said, I still approve of one non-initiative-based round for buffing before movement and such is allowed. Maybe a new map this time around, however; let me go look at the other two.

Fight in the barn?

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 02:27 PM
Does the buffing round occur before or after initiative?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 02:32 PM
Does the buffing round occur before or after initiative?

Before, so the buffs can influence initiative. It doesn't help me at all, but it seems more fair.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 02:50 PM
Buff round stuff:Psi-weapon begins as Eager, Warning.

Swift action to initiate Becoming the Perfect Warrior, granting Power Attack, Metapower (Syncronicity), and Psionic Meditation. +11 temp hp, -5 ardent PP

Standard action to manifest Vigor (augmented to 14 pp), Linked Power Syncronicity (-12 Traveler PP after adjustments)

Syncronicity effect:Manifest Defensive Precognition.

Move action to regain psionic focus.

Hp: 118/118 (81 temp)

PP:
Trav: 83
Ardent: 138

Initiative: [roll0]

Edit: Increase initiative by 2.

Map repost:http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab330/ArenaManager/Arenas/06-barn_yard.png

Carerris begins in blue; you can't see where from your start. If you gain sight to the blue side before her first turn:O-21.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:09 PM
*poke*tennnnn

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 11:19 PM
Sorry about the lag; I was writing backstories and reading The Fault in Our Stars (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fault_in_Our_Stars). :smallwink:

Init: [roll0]

Buff round:
Standard Action Inspire Greatness with Horn of Resilience [roll1] nonlethal damage, [roll2] temp hp.

Swift action Inspire Courage, [roll3] nonlethal, +6 to attack and damage.

Aenor's in Red, if you can get there:
He's in K-5, and he's singing.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:32 PM
Nonvisible actions:Synchronicity goes off, granting me a standard action to manifest Defensive Precognition, augmented to 13 pp (-1 for torc). -12 Traveler pp.

Move: Shift psi-weapon abilities to Wounding.

Swift: PLA Dimension Hop to M-7.

Carerris appears with a pop in M-7 and... *checks spoiler* ... 5 ft steps to L-6. She is wielding a greatsword of pure crystal that radiates an inner light and vibrates in her hands. As she steps closer, the blade changes before your eyes, growing vicious spiked protrusions as long as a man's thumb. The light flickers, changing in color to a deep black, and Carerris strikes. The attack is so swift that you only see the blade after it has passed, a blurring sweep of black and faint blue crystal.

Emerald Razor, power attack for 11: [roll0] (touch) for [roll1] and one point of Constitution damage. The greatsword overcomes all forms of damage reduction.

If the attack hits:A shard of the crystal sword snaps off with the sound of breaking glass, zipping toward you unerringly. The light fades out from within the sword. Take [roll2] slashing damage, no save.

Turn complete.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:33 PM
Critical confirm: [roll0] (touch) for [roll1]

Yow. Was not expecting that on the first hit.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 11:48 PM
The sword slams into Aenor resoundingly, and should bisect him; but it encounters a strange buffer of gleaming energy. He seems a little less hale after the mighty blow, and the following shard of crystal manages to harm him painfully. He takes the blow without comment, however, and continues fighting.

Aenor tumbles away from Carerris (succeeds on a 1) quickly, ending up several feet away from her (H-2). He begins to sing another song of power, his voice clear and bright, the previous sound picked up in perfect harmony by his blade. He begins to dance and move, flowing with his song.

Dragonfire Inspiration with Words of Creation, begins Snowflake Wardance. [roll0]

He then seems to surge forwards, somehow inspiring himself to keep up his impetus when any normal man would lose steam. He charges, his blade blazing brighter than the morning sun, frost streaming off it and fire in his eyes.

Charge to K-5, Attack: [roll1]

If it hits:
Damage: [roll2] + [roll3] Cold damage.

6 of the weapon damage is Sonic and 1 is Electric.

If he misses:
Lightning Recovery: [roll4]

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:49 PM
May I ask how you tumbled and then charged? I didn't know there were standard action charge maneuvers. o:

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 11:50 PM
May I ask how you tumbled and then charged? I didn't know there were standard action charge maneuvers. o:

White Raven Tactics.

Circle of Life
2012-01-13, 11:55 PM
White Raven Tactics.

Oh, right, that would do it.

The instant before Aenor's attack strikes home, Carerris suddenly disappears with a pop and reappears atop the barn roof (M-8 +40).

Any changes?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-13, 11:57 PM
No changes; he just sighs, looks up, and mutters "do your worst."

He does this while singing two songs, because he is a professional.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:01 AM
Carerris regards the direction of Aenor's voice with an impassive, blindfolded gaze. It seems this incarnation of the female blademaster is much less talkative. Slowly, deliberately, she raises her sword before herself vertically and presses her forehead to it, almost in a soldier's salute. The black light inside the sword flickers back into being, and Carerris herself seems revitalized. With a flourish, she buries a foot of the sword's blade in the tiles of the barn roof, then beckons with her free hand before dragging the massive crystal blade free again.

Nonvisible actions:Regain psionic focus, regain psicrystal focus.

Edit: Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:12 AM
Aenor snorts and takes one hand off of his sword, mixing in an odd chant into his song. He vanishes, and so does his song.

Invisible Actions:
He begins using dancing for his bardic music instead of singing. I checked, it's legit, if cheesy. He has the same number of ranks, so nothing changes.

He casts Swift Fly and moves to M10 +40.

Turn Complete.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:12 AM
Bear in mind that Carerris has Blindsight 30 ft with her blindfold on. Does Aenor pass within that radius at any point?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:14 AM
Bear in mind that Carerris has Blindsight 30 ft with her blindfold on. Does Aenor pass within that radius at any point?

Aw, ****. Well, I guess he wouldn't have known that. Yeah, he flies around her to end up at M-10.

alkdsfjaldfkjd. Is there any difference between her blindsight and regular sight? Because I'm going to kick myself if I just wasted a charging opportunity for nothing.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:15 AM
alkdsfjaldfkjd. Is there any difference between her blindsight and regular sight? Because I'm going to kick myself if I just wasted a charging opportunity for nothing.

Yeah; blindsight lets her see invisible things. :smallwink:

I showed you my sheet so you would be familiar with Carerris. That was something you should have known. You can have a do-over.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:27 AM
Yeah; blindsight lets her see invisible things. :smallwink:

I showed you my sheet so you would be familiar with Carerris. That was something you should have known. You can have a do-over.

Thank you; I had looked at the sheet yesterday, and I'll admit I had forgotten a few of your items and Powers.

*rewind*

...so, she can only see within 30 feet of herself, and it's a move action to put on or remove a magic item. Cool, my charger just has to keep his distance.

He casts another spell, and then hurls his blade at her.

Attack: [roll0]

If it hits:
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Cold
6 of the weapon damage is sonic, 1 is Electric.

She can't see what else he does.

Move into Barn, N8.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:33 AM
Carerris takes the hit without flinching, though it shears off a section of her metallic ecto-skin.

"If that is how it is to be." She says, voice utterly emotionless.

Actions (pop if you can see her):Carerris disappears in a flash of silver light.

Nonvisible actions:Time Hop, Linked Power Synchronicity, augmented to 4 pp for non-specified action. Carerris forgoes her save.

Edit: Done, sorry.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:40 AM
Open if you can see the north half of the map:
Not there.

Open if you can see the west half of the map:
Not there.

Open if you can see the south half of the map:
Not there.

Open if you can see the east half of the map:
Not there.

Open if you can see the inside of the barn:
Not there. Oh, wait, yes he is, in N8. He casts a spell and his blade begins to leave a trail in the air, and then he casts a spell and his injuries stop looking as bad.

[roll0]

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:42 AM
Nonvisible actions:Lalalala

Edit: It's safe to assume my turn is over if a post contains spoilers and doesn't say "to be continued" or somesuch.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:48 AM
Not there.

Not there.

Not there.

Not there.

Not there. Oh, wait, yes he is, in N9. He draws a horn as a move action and blows it as a standard action. [roll0] Temp HP, [roll1] Nonlethal damage.

He drops the horn.

End Turn. I'm nervous that you're summoning monsters with Invisible Spell or something.

Then again, that may be what I'm doing! *scary music*

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 12:51 AM
Nonvisible actions:lalala.

Done.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 12:59 AM
Not there.

Not there.

Not there.

Not there.

Not there. Oh, wait, yes he is, in O9. He touches the badge at his neck, and begins dancing anew. His sword, uh, dances along with him. [roll0] nonlethal.

End Turn.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 01:11 AM
Nonvisible actions:Lalala

I won't be going anywhere for a while. Why don't you take your next, say, eight turns or until you come looking for Carerris, whichever comes first?

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 01:25 AM
What is this I don't even-

Okay. Aenor exits the barn, and begins running/doublemoving around it in circles for 4 turns. He then swift flies to the top of the barn (the middle, let's say; N13. He then casts a spell, touches his neck, and starts singing again. He casts another spell the next turn (turn 7) and now there are [roll0] of him, all in the same spot. Then he casts again, and he shifts over a bit instantly, though he's in the same place still (N13 +40) (spells are weird, it's not my fault).

That's eight turns; he has some more buffs if nothing else happens. If he runs into her at any point, we'll backtrack his turns to there. If you want a specific path as he runs through and around the barn I can give you one, but I suspect you're invisible in the air somewhere, manifesting something with a minute long manifestation time. Time to see if my guess is right.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 01:29 AM
You don't detect Carerris at any point of that. Please hold.

Eight turns of nonvisible action:Eighth round Wisdom check to return: [roll0] DC 15

Not done.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 01:32 AM
At the end of your eighth turn, Carerris reappears in M-8 +40 with a blast of silvery light. She moves to N-12 +40 with blurring speed.

Turn complete.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 01:40 AM
Aenor winks and grins, dancing and singing all the while. He then attempts to make her arms and legs not be attached anymore.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Cold

Attack 2: [roll3]
Damage: [roll4] + [roll5] Cold

Attack 3: [roll6]
Damage: [roll7] + [roll8] Cold

He then takes a 5 ft. step to N-14. He then takes another 5 ft. step to N-15.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 01:52 AM
Carerris winks back, then becomes a blur of silver-blue before the first blow can land.

Nonvisible Actions:Anticipatory Strike, linked power Synchronicity.

Use other Synchro-action for GIS.

The silver-blue blur attempts to remove Aenor's arms and legs first. Since Carerris has blindsight, she ignores those mirror images. All attacks ignore DR.

Greater Insightful Strike: [roll0] for [roll1] *2=98 damage and 1 con damage.

Full attack, PA 5.
[roll2] for [roll3] and 1 con damage.
[roll4] for [roll5] and 1 con damage.
[roll6] for [roll7] and 1 con damage.
[roll8] for [roll9] and 1 con damage.

The Carerris-blur then 5-ft steps back out of your reach before returning to the time stream of ordinary-folk.

Out-of-turn-turn done. You can finish your current turn (after the first attack, leaving you with a move action) and then take another.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 01:59 AM
Boom, he dies again. Your RAW powers are stronger than mind, good sir, and my mighty Bard/Warblade has fallen.

So, where did you vanish too? Was I right about "she's floating in a random square in the air, manifesting something that takes a minute"?

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 02:01 AM
Time Hop (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeHop.htm), actually. I was just chilling while letting you buff and not get sniped in the meanwhile.

I was worried I was going to run out of PP before you ran out of hitpoints for a bit there. Using linked synchronicity for extra actions on every turn is pretty draining on the ol' power point reserves.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 02:07 AM
Time Hop (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/timeHop.htm), actually. I was just chilling while letting you buff and not get sniped in the meanwhile.

I was worried I was going to run out of PP before you ran out of hitpoints for a bit there. Using linked synchronicity for extra actions on every turn is pretty draining on the ol' power point reserves.

The Hop was actually pretty bad for me; I had to spend a lot of Bardic Music to keep Inspire Greatness, Inspire Courage, and Dragonfire Inspiration all running, for all the good they did me.

Seriously, though, Carerris is extremely powerful and you should be proud of her and her DPS powers. I have the feeling I should have requested more homebrew instead of taking the lazy Bard 12/ Warblade 12 route, but it's a bit late now.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 02:09 AM
The Hop was actually pretty bad for me; I had to spend a lot of Bardic Music to keep Inspire Greatness, Inspire Courage, and Dragonfire Inspiration all running, for all the good they did me.

That was the ulterior motive, yes.

Seriously, though, Carerris is extremely powerful and you should be proud of her and her DPS powers. I have the feeling I should have requested more homebrew instead of taking the lazy Bard 12/ Warblade 12 route, but it's a bit late now.

It doesn't have anything to do with the homebrew, really. Her attacks are a few points higher because of the Traveler weapon, but she could do the exact same thing with pure ArdentPsion//Warblade. It was all about psionic action abuse, and nothing to do with Traveler or Ephemeral Blade.

That said, if you think it's too much, I can tone it down for the game.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 02:19 AM
It doesn't have anything to do with the homebrew, really. Her attacks are a few points higher because of the Traveler weapon, but she could do the exact same thing with pure ArdentPsion//Warblade. It was all about psionic action abuse, and nothing to do with Traveler or Ephemeral Blade.

That said, if you think it's too much, I can tone it down for the game.

Er, I meant more that I wish I had picked something that flowed a bit better in a fight than just straight up bard; they don't get very combat-focused spells. Granted, he's a lot more versatile that he would be otherwise, but he's less deadly than if I found a 'brewed Bard-like class with a stronger melee focus; I can think of two or three of the top of my head.

I think you shouldn't fight like this in every fight, but then again you can't really, based on PP expenditure. Being able to nova is fine, but I've looked over most people's sheets, and they might as well sit around chewing gum and looking bored for all the effect they'll have on a fight scaled to Carerris's full potential (and Aenor's, to an extent; he really is made for buffing).

Just keep the big guns in reserve, like I am with Words of Creation, and I don't think there will be a problem. I don't know if you've ever played with FyreByrd before, but he has solid system mastery; our fights should be quite well-CR'd.

Circle of Life
2012-01-14, 02:24 AM
I think you shouldn't fight like this in every fight, but then again you can't really, based on PP expenditure. Being able to nova is fine, but I've looked over most people's sheets, and they might as well sit around chewing gum and looking bored for all the effect they'll have on a fight scaled to Carerris's full potential (and Aenor's, to an extent; he really is made for buffing).

Just keep the big guns in reserve, like I am with Words of Creation, and I don't think there will be a problem. I don't know if you've ever played with FyreByrd before, but he has solid system mastery; our fights should be quite well-CR'd.

That's the idea in a nutshell. Have the ability to save asses with out-of-turn-turns and so on, but not an everyday manner of business.

There's no way I could fight like this even for a six-or-seven round combat. I was close to running dry on Traveler PP and getting close on Ardent, after only a few rounds of actively expending PP. That was definitely full-nova.

RaggedAngel
2012-01-14, 02:29 AM
That's the idea in a nutshell. Have the ability to save asses with out-of-turn-turns and so on, but not an everyday manner of business.

There's no way I could fight like this even for a six-or-seven round combat. I was close to running dry on Traveler PP and getting close on Ardent, after only a few rounds of actively expending PP. That was definitely full-nova.

In that case I can't see you not being fine; FyreByrd tends to use two or three big foes, not several little ones; charges/full attacks are more than enough, and I don't think you're ever going to get hurt. You should be able to coast pretty easily, mechanically, and be able to focus on the roleplay. :smallsmile: