PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 New ToB Recovery Mechanic

Kymme
2012-01-11, 10:49 PM
Okay, lets get this started.
For many a day, i have pondered about a new recovery mechanic for a new Tome of Battle class. I believe I have made my decision. The way it works is as follows:
When a *insert class name here* is reduced to 50% of her origional hit points, she recovers 1 manuver at the start of her turn, her next turn, and so on, until her hp goes above 50%.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to improve this recovery mechanic?
Thanks in advance!

Kymme

bobthe6th
2012-01-11, 11:28 PM
well... as the class has to float on the one shotable range to get the maneuvers, I would give full each round.

Lateral
2012-01-11, 11:30 PM
...Why?

Kane0
2012-01-11, 11:37 PM
-For every special attack or ability you use in combat (trip, disarm, sunder, bull rush, stunning fist, etc) that is not part of a maneuver you gain one maneuver.

-For every critical hit you confirm you regain one maneuver

-For every 3 attacks in a row that connect against the same target (not counting AoOs) you gain one maneuver

-For every 20 ft you move in a round you gain one maneuver

-For every target you flank or can reach (but cannot reach you) at the beginning of your turn you regain one maneuver

-For every xx amount of damage you deal without using maneuvers in one round you regain one maneuver

Those were just off the top of my head. Any tickle your fancy?

Kymme
2012-01-12, 09:16 AM
-For every target you flank or can reach (but cannot reach you) at the beginning of your turn you regain one maneuver
This one fits my concept as well, thanks!
And why, you ask? I'm basing this class mechanic off of the berserker strength barbarian, thats why the half-hp mechanic exists. Perhaps i will increase recovered menuvers to all.