PDA

View Full Version : Request: Now, You Shall Know the Strength...of the Llama!

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 12:28 AM
Were-Llama, Human Form
Medium Humanoid (Human, Shapeshifter)
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 plus 3d8+9 (28 HP)
Initiative: +4
Speed: 30 ft (6 squares)
AC: 17 (+2 natural armor, +4 chain shirt, +1 light shield) touch 10, flat-footed 17
BAB/Grapple: +3/+4
Attack: Longsword +4 melee (1d8+1 /19-20)
Full Attack: Longsword +4 melee (1d8+1 /19-20)
Space/Reach: 5 ft/5 ft
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Llama Empathy, Low-Light Vision, Scent
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +3
Ability Scores: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +3, Craft (Basketweaving) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +2, Listen +5, Spot +5
Feats: Improved Initiative, Iron Will(B), Endurance, Alertness
Alignment: Always chaotic good
Level Adjustment: +3

Were-Llama, Llama Form
Large Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares)
AC: 15 (+3 natural armor, +3 Dex, -1 Size) touch 12, flat-footed 12
BAB/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+2)*
Full Attack: Bite +2 melee (1d4+2)*
Special Attacks: Spit, Curse of Lycanthropy
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Llama Empathy, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Damage Reduction 10/Silver
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3
Ability Scores: Str 21, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +9, Craft (Basketweaving) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +2, Listen +5, Spot +5

Were-Llama, Hybrid Form
Large Humanoid (Human, Shapechanger)
Initiative: +7
Speed: 50 ft (10 squares)
AC: 19 (+3 natural armor, +4 chain shirt, +3 Dex, -1 Size) touch 12, flat-footed 16
BAB/Grapple: +3/+12
Attack: Claw +7 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +7 melee (1d6+5) and bite +2 melee (1d8+2)
Special Attacks: Curse of Lycanthropy
Special Qualities: Alternate Form, Llama Empathy, Low-Light Vision, Scent, Damage Reduction 10/Silver
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3
Ability Scores: Str 21, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +9, Craft (Basketweaving) +4, Knowledge (Nature) +2, Listen +5, Spot +5

*A werellama's natural bite attack is a secondary natural weapon. It takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls and only adds half the werellama's Strength modifier.

Spit (Ex): When threatened or cornered, a werellama in llama form may spit at an opponent (range 10 feet) causing the opponent to become Nauseated for 1 round. A successful Reflex save (DC 15) negates. The save is constitution- based.

Llama Empathy (Ex): A werellama may communicate with llamas and dire llamas as if it shared a language with them, and receives a +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against llamas and dire llamas.

Creating a Werellama:
"Werellama" is a template that may be added to any Medium, Large, or Huge humanoid or giant.

Size and Type: The base creature's type does not change, but it gains the shapechanger subtype.

Hit Points: Same as those of the base creature, plus 3d8 plus the adjusted base creature's Constitution modifier.

Speed: Same as base creature's or animal's, depending on the form the werellama is in. Hybrid forms use the base creature's speed.

Armor Class: The werellama's natural armor bonus is increased by +2 in all forms. (The animal werellama form has a total of +3 natural armor)

Attacks: Same as base creature or animal. A hybrid form gains two claws and a bite attack, see the lycanthropy template on the SRD.

Special Attacks: A werellama retains the special attacks of the base creature and gains the Curse of Lycanthropy special attack if it is a natural lycanthrope.

Abilities: A werellama gets a +2 bonus to its Wisdom score. Additionally, in hybrid and llama form, the werellama gains a +8 bonus to Strength, +6 bonus to Dexterity, and a +4 bonus to Constitution.

Alignment: Changes to Chaotic Good.

Debihuman
2012-01-12, 07:35 AM
A werellama in llama form should have a spit attack.

You should note that llamas have an increased carrying capacity not only as quadrapeds but that real llamas can carry "about 25% to 30% of their body weight for several miles." -Wikipedia.

A Human with Str 21 can carry 153 lbs. or less (a light load), 154-306 lbs. (medium load) and 307-460 lbs. (heavy load). A werellama in llama form is Large and a quadruped. It can carry 3 times that amount.

I'd recommend adding spit attack as a special attack as follows:

Spit (Ex): When threatened or cornered, a werellama in llama form may spit at an opponent (range 10 feet) causing the opponent to become Nauseated for 1 round. A successful Reflex save (DC 15) negates. The save is constitution- based.

You left out llama empathy as text.

Llama Empathy (Ex): Communicate with llamas and dire llamas, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against llamas and dire llamas.

Otherwise, it looks really good.

Debby

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-12, 03:13 PM
Thanks Debby.

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-21, 09:30 PM
Two things must be said; thing the first: why a were-llama, thing the second: what's a dire llama

bobthe6th
2012-01-21, 09:36 PM
you just don't want to know. Dire cammles might be terifing, but the only thing any man should fear is the DIRE LLAMA!

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-21, 11:45 PM
why a were-llama

Ask Noctis Vigil, he's the one who made the request.

Pyromancer999
2012-01-22, 12:10 AM
Quite excellent. Still, there should be a hybrid form too.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-22, 12:27 AM
Quite excellent. Still, there should be a hybrid form too.

There is. It's quite easy to make, just add a pair of 1d6 claws to the animal form and you're done. I just didn't feel like typing it up.

Pyromancer999
2012-01-22, 12:59 AM
There is. It's quite easy to make, just add a pair of 1d6 claws to the animal form and you're done. I just didn't feel like typing it up.

Llamas have claws?

bobthe6th
2012-01-22, 01:15 AM
yep. there is a reason they are "camals, but better"... well more cloven hooves... but same principle.

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-22, 01:19 AM
Llamas have claws?

No.

A lycanthrope in hybrid form gains two claw attacks and a bite attack as natural weapons.

It doesn't matter what the base animal is. Were-eagle? Claws and a bite. Weresnake? Claws and a bite. Wereshark? Claws and a bite. Damage is listed in a table, so even if the animal doesn't have the weapon, it gets it.

Edit: Added the hybrid form. Its bite is stronger than the animal form too, so it's a good thing Debbie suggested the spit. There's almost no reason to go animal over hybrid here.

Wyntonian
2012-01-22, 03:47 AM
I.....

ok....

but....

Eh.

LibrarianHuntar
2012-01-22, 10:28 AM
I think I'll make a were-narwhal

Larkas
2012-01-22, 11:04 AM
HAHAHAHAHA, man this is hilarious AND well made! Now I can roleplay my The Sims' character the way he should be: a were-llama bard! In case you didn't get it, Maxis has the habit of using recurring llama puns in their games, since Sim City 1, IIRC.

Now on the template proper, maybe you should add in some kind of cold resistance? Llamas are from a rather cold climate, after all!

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-22, 11:12 AM
Now on the template proper, maybe you should add in some kind of cold resistance? Llamas are from a rather cold climate, after all!

Unfortunately, while your suggestion does have a bit of logic to it, there are no other animals in the game with energy resistance. For example, the camel is from dry, hot climates and it does not have the ability to endure elements or have any sort of heat resistance. Energy resistance is generally reserved for more magical creatures like plant creatures, dragons, undead, and magical beasts. :smallsmile:

I'm glad you like the template though.

Larkas
2012-01-22, 11:43 AM
Unfortunately, while your suggestion does have a bit of logic to it, there are no other animals in the game with energy resistance. For example, the camel is from dry, hot climates and it does not have the ability to endure elements or have any sort of heat resistance. Energy resistance is generally reserved for more magical creatures like plant creatures, dragons, undead, and magical beasts. :smallsmile:

I'm glad you like the template though.

Hmmm, indeed you are right. I started thinking this as soon as I posted. Wolves can live in quite cold climates as well, and they don't have energy resistance. Hell, cachalot whales dive VERY deep, where it is inevitably very cold due to the lack of solar illumination and still they don't have energy resistance. They can live in those circumstances, but it doesn't mean they would survive to temperatures much colder than those. Besides, that isn't really modeled in the game's system.

About the template, this got me thinking about a campaign where the were-llamas rebels fight against the evil were-vicuña empire in the north. Meanwhile, the were-alpaca party remains neutral.

...Okay, whatever I'm drinking, I really should drop it XD

Cieyrin
2012-01-23, 10:11 AM
The reason lycanthropes have claws and a bite by default is because the animals lycans are based off of are carnivores or omnivores, which tend to have those traits. Llamas, as herbivores, don't tend to fall under that umbrella. On the other hand, I personally think that hippos are a fairly valid target for lycanthropy, due to despite being herbivores, they have been known to eat gators or carrion.

Yitzi
2012-01-23, 10:20 AM
While cold resistance is too much, a bonus on saves against effects with the Cold descriptor would be in line with what half-giants get for fire and would make more sense.

Cieyrin
2012-01-23, 11:22 AM
While cold resistance is too much, a bonus on saves against effects with the Cold descriptor would be in line with what half-giants get for fire and would make more sense.

Alternatively, in Frostburn, they do have stipulations for animals being inured to cold, which is an Endure Elements-like effect. Polar Bears freezing to death is kinda silly, otherwise.

Wavelab
2012-04-06, 10:40 PM
Actually by RAW this template can't work.

Size and Type
The base creature’s type does not change, but the creature gains the shapechanger subtype. The lycanthrope takes on the characteristics of some type of carnivorous or omnivorous creature of the animal type (referred to hereafter as the base animal).

This animal can be any predator, scavenger, or omnivore whose size is within one size category of the base creature’s size (Small, Medium, or Large for a Medium base creature). Lycanthropes can also adopt a hybrid shape that combines features of the base creature and the base animal. A lycanthrope’s hybrid form is the same size as the base animal or the base creature, whichever is larger.

A lycanthrope uses either the base creature’s or the base animal’s statistics and special abilities in addition to those described here.

But hey it's homebrew, anything is allowed. :smalltongue:

NeoSeraphi
2012-04-06, 11:01 PM
Actually by RAW this template can't work.

But hey it's homebrew, anything is allowed. :smalltongue:

I call shenanigans! I demand to be allowed to play my wereraven! :smallamused:

DonQuixote
2012-04-06, 11:11 PM
And you can! Ravens are, after all, omnivores.

Lemmy
2012-04-06, 11:23 PM
A werellama in llama form should have a spit attack.

You should note that llamas have an increased carrying capacity not only as quadrapeds but that real llamas can carry "about 25% to 30% of their body weight for several miles." -Wikipedia.

A Human with Str 21 can carry 153 lbs. or less (a light load), 154-306 lbs. (medium load) and 307-460 lbs. (heavy load). A werellama in llama form is Large and a quadruped. It can carry 3 times that amount.

I'd recommend adding spit attack as a special attack as follows:

You left out llama empathy as text.

Llama Empathy (Ex): Communicate with llamas and dire llamas, and +4 racial bonus on Charisma-based checks against llamas and dire llamas.

Otherwise, it looks really good.

Debby

This!
The Spit special attack alone makes me want to create a werellama character! This character' would live somewhere with a completely inapropriate climate. His goal would be to find another llama just so he can finally have a chance to use his Llama Empathy! Of course, I'd beg the DM to make isure that the party defeats the BBEG, we enter his secret room and find his pet dire llama. My character would be overjoyed... And then somewhat dissapointed when he realizes llamas are not very talkative... :smallbiggrin:

Noctis Vigil
2012-04-06, 11:54 PM
Oh man, this is still getting posts? I wish the campaign I'd requested it for hadn't fallen apart, my players would have loved these.

Grinner
2012-04-07, 12:18 AM
Oh man, this is still getting posts?

Yes. Because it is just that awesome.

In fact, I might use it in an upcoming game.