PDA

View Full Version : Most memorable lines.

Tyndmyr
2012-01-12, 11:40 AM
Box text...we all know it, we all sometimes hate it, but sometimes, there is a description that just succinctly tells us something awesome. Post the best brief sentence or two of flavor text you've ever heard here.

"He sees the future from one eye, the past in the other, and has only seen himself once, reflected in a single falling tear".

Socratov
2012-01-16, 01:53 AM
actually here then half of all of the flavotext on the bottom of a magic the gathering card... some of them have really great, cool and thouughtful texts.

ORione
2012-01-16, 07:42 PM
I don't think this counts as flavor text, but...

"Wish. As limited wish, but with fewer limits."
Dungeons and Dragons Player's Handbook, 3rd Edition

Kyberwulf
2012-01-16, 08:00 PM
OH god, anything from Jaya Ballard.

Incinerate
"Yes, I think ‘toast' is an appropriate description."
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Lava Burst
"Overkill? This isn't a game of Kick-the-Ouphe!"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Meteor Shower
"Eenie, meenie, minie, moe . . . oh, why not all of them?"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Word of blasting
"Walls? What walls?"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Inferno
“Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Sizzle
“Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Flare
"The secret of destruction is simple: everything burns."
I am not sure who says that one, but i always attribute it to Jaya Ballard

Burnout
"GOTCHA!"
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

"Who needs the sun when you've got me around?" Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Pokonic
2012-01-16, 08:06 PM
I have seen the future. You are not in it, whelp.

enderlord99
2012-01-16, 08:32 PM
"Its diet consists of fruit, nuts, small woodland animals, large woodland animals, woodlands, fruit groves, fruit farmers, and small cities."

Dr.Epic
2012-01-16, 10:06 PM
"The King is TICKING!!!"

"Pillow can't talk!"

TheThan
2012-01-16, 10:10 PM
OH god, anything from Jaya Ballard.

Incinerate
"Yes, I think ‘toast' is an appropriate description."
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Lava Burst
"Overkill? This isn't a game of Kick-the-Ouphe!"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Meteor Shower
"Eenie, meenie, minie, moe . . . oh, why not all of them?"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Word of blasting
"Walls? What walls?"
—Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Inferno
“Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Sizzle
“Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

Flare
"The secret of destruction is simple: everything burns."
I am not sure who says that one, but i always attribute it to Jaya Ballard

Burnout
"GOTCHA!"
—Jaya Ballard, task mage

"Who needs the sun when you've got me around?" Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Simian spirit guide
"All my spells smell like burnt hair lately"- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

Guerrilla war cry
"The only "art" these beasts posses is the art of noise!"- Jaya ballard, Task Mage

Jaya Ballard is perhaps the coolest magic the gathering character ever (and most definitely the most sassy.)

Leon
2012-01-16, 10:19 PM
Fair Fights are for Suckers - Back of Complete Scoundrel

Alleran
2012-01-16, 10:53 PM
"Its diet consists of fruit, nuts, small woodland animals, large woodland animals, woodlands, fruit groves, fruit farmers, and small cities."
Which monster was that one?

MeatShield#236
2012-01-16, 11:02 PM
Giant Baloth, I believe.

And my own contribution, from Knights of the Old Republic:

"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all of these things..., and yet you are nothing. In the end, you belong to neither the light nor the darkness. You will forever stand alone."
— Darth Malak

Kymme
2012-01-16, 11:09 PM
My favorite, which is actually one of my own quotes:
"Darkling sons of whores, prepare to meet your maker!"
Oddly, everyone started laughing uncontrolably when i said it. Peculiar. :smallconfused:

Mike_the_Mystic
2012-01-16, 11:15 PM
Which monster was that one?

That would be the Enormous Baloth. I'd say it's an accurate description of that whole group of creature's diet.

Tyndmyr
2012-01-17, 10:15 AM
Giant Baloth, I believe.

Yeah, it's the Baloth...I happen to have it memorized as I always loved that quote. Saw good use in my tooth and nail deck back in the day.

Timeless
2012-01-17, 02:04 PM
Pretty much all of MTG's flavor text. Jaya Ballard is sheer walking awesome of course but i'm also fond of Akroma's text "No Rest, No Mercy, No Matter What.".

Kyberwulf
2012-01-17, 02:19 PM
LOL another one

"The dead make good soldiers. They can't disobey orders, never surrender, and don't stop fighting when a random body part falls off."

—Nevinyrral, Necromancer's Handbook

AWESOME....Pure win

Sgt. Cookie
2012-01-17, 02:28 PM
"When you're the one cleaning it up, it doesn't matter which bull the crap came from."

"What do you define as a "bad idea"?
Any idea that doesn't work."

CrankyPsion
2012-01-17, 02:34 PM
-when in a room full of orphans the party does not know are actually tiny demons in disguise-

Fighter: "Great cleave?"
Barbarian: "Great Cleave!"

:smalleek: How was I supposed to tell them they were right!?

Kyberwulf
2012-01-17, 02:57 PM
I don't know if these count lol... but

Jayne: You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here.

Jayne Cobb: Shiny. Let's be bad guys.

LOL

Experiment 626 "Meega Nala Queesta"

kieza
2012-01-17, 05:29 PM
I can't find the records of it, but I once had a villain who spoke entirely in iambic pentameter (I was studying Shakespeare at the time...). I started off with scripted speeches delivered via magic mouth, which got my players joking about how they were going to make the villain say "antidisestablishmentarianism" in rhyme, but at the end when they actually faced and spoke with him, I managed to stick to the meter while ad-libbing his lines. Possibly my CMoA of DM'ing.

I also had another, the exact details of which I forget, from a goblin shaman who had been deposed by an Eldritch Abomination-summoning sorcerer. He'd been locked up in a pitch-black cave for months and used as a blood source for the sorcerer's rituals, and he was completely, irrevocably insane. His insane mutterings, and the voice in which I delivered them, caused one of the players to turn on all the lights in the house.