PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] A Game for Beginners IC

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-14, 12:51 AM
Posting guidelines:

Character speech is colored
character thought is colored and in italics
Actions are in regular script

if there is a spoiler and it does not have your name above it then dont open it.

Its been a bad day. The group of you ventured out as a group, a decision made last night after all of you imbibed far too much alcohol, into the forested hills to the northeast of Winterhold. So now you find yourselves crouched in the shadow of a massive fallen tree, extremely hungover and pinned down by a group of Hobgoblins with powerful crossbows as another group, armed with axes, close in on you.

Still, you've been in worse situations. Even if you cant remember any of them at the moment.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames1.png

Roll for initiative and make spot and listen checks.

DM

Yaggo
2012-01-14, 05:09 AM
[roll0] (Initiative)
[roll1] (Spot)
[roll2] (Listen)

Spacewolf
2012-01-14, 09:23 AM
[roll0] Init
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] listen

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-14, 09:51 AM
Initiative [roll0]
Spot[roll1]
Listen[roll2]

Laendri
2012-01-14, 09:56 AM
Initiative: [roll0]
Spot: [roll1]
Listen: [roll2]

Ughhh my head spins so much I can see horizontal trees...

Mekboy
2012-01-14, 12:39 PM
Initiative:[roll0]
Spot:[roll1]
Listen:[roll2]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-14, 05:11 PM
you dont have to post in initative order but your actions will occur in that order to be aware and discuss your actions with the group.

Initiative order:
Spacewolf
Mekboy
Yaggo
GnomeGninjas
Laendri
Hobgoblins (With an astounding 5 for initiative :smallannoyed:)

Fire away

DM

Spacewolf
2012-01-14, 05:21 PM
I cast Spiritual Weapon and direct it to attack bowmen 1 to keep him busy
"No distance is to great enough to protect the villainous, wait I cannot believe I just said that must have been some strong drinks in the tavern last night"

Mekboy
2012-01-14, 06:07 PM
Grimacing at his splitting headache, Avari goes for his crossbow.

"Best take down the axemen - I don't want them up close."

Shot at A3
To hit:[roll0]
Damage:[roll1]

Laendri
2012-01-14, 06:41 PM
I cast Mage Armor on myself and stay behind the tree.

How can humans think I am one of those creatures? I smell far better.

Yaggo
2012-01-14, 07:00 PM
Yaggo (already half asleep) lies back in the shadow of the tree, paying no attention to the companions he had stuck himself with during the night, accidentily obscuring himself from view as bolts whip past him.
"By the Listener what did I drink last night?" He scratches his head with one hand, whilst rummaging through his pack and pulling out a pair of thunder-stones, his hamster, Chup-Chup sniffing at them, as Yaggo tie's them around an arrow via string, loose enough so they would hit one another when impacting a target.
"Wish I had some duck tape..." he mutters, quickly finishing his work as he hears Hob-goblin war cries, muttering about a headache.
Hide check for ducking into the tree [roll0] hoping for the best with the arrow trick here :P

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-14, 07:56 PM
I go down 6 squares and draw my weapon. Surrender and we won't have to kill you.

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-15, 08:45 PM
Avari's crossbow strikes one of the axemen in the leg but he laughs as Vlane demands their surrender.

The three crossbowmen continue to fire at you, targeting Avari, Billut and Vlane and the axemen move around the bottom edge of the log, the first bowman howls as he is struck by the Spiritual weapon for [roll0].

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames2.png

DM

Laendri
2012-01-15, 09:13 PM
Billut

Billut crouches seeking cover from the fallen tree as he shoots a "Magic Missile" to the injured Hobgoblin Axeman.

Magic Missile [roll0]

OOT:If there is no axemen injured when my turn comes I shoot at another one.

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-15, 09:21 PM
Hobgoblin shooting, since i was dumb:

[roll0], [roll1] on Avari
[roll2], [roll3] on Billut
[roll4], [roll5] on Vlane

DM

Spacewolf
2012-01-15, 09:32 PM
Samuel Grey
I move down until im behind vlane and cast bulls strength on him and my spiritual weapon attacks the bowmen again.
(1d8+1)

Perhaps the diplomatic solution should be tried at a different time

Yaggo
2012-01-16, 02:18 AM
Yaggo stay''s down, still blissfully ignoring the nearby axemen, instead sliding his thunderstone arrow into place, also carefully placing Chup-Chup onto the half of the arrow, petting him on the head. "ready?" he whispers, before jumping up, shortbow drawn, hamster laiden arrow ready. Yaggo Smiles at his own intelligence for a moment, before loosing the arrow towards the second crossbowman. As the arrow speed's through the air he shout's encouragement to his pet.
"Go for the eye's Chup-Chup!"

Yaggo
2012-01-16, 02:21 AM
[roll0] to see what bag of tricks animal Chup Chup is.
[roll1] attack check,
Since I came from hiding this should be a sneak attack I'm assuming?

Spacewolf
2012-01-16, 03:39 AM
"forgot to roll spirit weapon attack correctly"
[roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-16, 08:07 AM
As the arrow hit his full plat and bounces of harmlessly Vlane 5 foot steps down and attempts to trip Hobgoblin A2 with my flail.
Touch Attack [roll0]
Opposed Strength Check [roll1]
(the goblin can oppose it with dex if he wants to for more information on trip see page 158 of the players handbook)
If I trip him I will use my attack I get from improved tripping him to attempt to disarm him.(rules on page 155 of the players handbook)
opposed attack roll [roll2]
Thanks for the magic Sam. If I succeeded in tripping and disarming the hobgoblin I say to the goblin lying unarmed on the ground.Now do you surrender?

Mekboy
2012-01-16, 05:53 PM
Avari

Flinching as the crossbow bolt slammed into the wood in front of him, Avari changed targets. The burly half-orc with the flail - Vlane, wasn't it? - seemed to be holding up the axemen pretty well, and seeing the depth the bolt had gone into the wood, Avari didn't massively want to get hit.

Having loaded his own crossbow, Avari waited for the hobs to reload. Popping out of cover, he quickly took aim at the hob closest to him, and fired.

Shot at goblin 2: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-17, 01:08 AM
Samuel's weapon finishes a bowman

The second axe wielding hobgoblin catches Avari's bolt on his shield

Yaggo's arrow strikes home with a loud bang as the thunder stones smash together. (please roll damage for your arrow)
Hobgoblin fort saves:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
(Vlane needs a fort save)

Opposed strength check against Vlane [roll3] he is thoroughly tripped and falls prone.

Billut's magic missile staggers a bowman but he grimly loads his crossbow and fires again.

(Gnome how is your attack roll a +19?)

DM

Mekboy
2012-01-17, 01:58 AM
Probably should have clarified, but I was shooting at the crossbowmen, not the axemen.

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-17, 06:52 AM
With bull strength my strength score is 21 (+5) I have base attack +3 I have a masterwork flail (+1)I have a two handed weapon +4 the flail gives +2 too disarm attempts because it wraps around the other guys weapon (page 117) and I have improved disarm so that's another +4
5+3+4+2+4+1=19

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-17, 06:55 AM
Fortitude Save [roll0] Is this for the thunder stone?

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-18, 12:28 PM
Fortitude Save [roll0] Is this for the thunder stone?

Yes, you didnt need it so dont worry :smalltongue: silly me.

You trip the hobgoblin and then disarm him. But he snarls and wriggles back away from you as his allies flank you.

[roll0] [roll1]
[roll2] [roll3]

the arrow strikes the Crossbowmen and stuns one of them but the other one reloads his crossbow and fires again.

[roll4] [roll5]

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames3.png

Spacewolf
2012-01-18, 12:49 PM
Samuel grey

I Draw my sword and move behind the A1 axmen and flank him
(modifiers -4 for martial weapon without feat,+3 BAB, +1 for mastercrafted weapon, + 2 for flanking so plus 2)
[roll0]

Spirit weapon attacks crossbowmen2 then disapates
[roll1]

Don't worry got your back, lets finish these two axemen and the other 2 crossbowmen then capture the last axemen for questioning

Spacewolf
2012-01-18, 12:52 PM
forgot to roll to see if i hit
[roll0]

Laendri
2012-01-18, 04:53 PM
Billut

Shhh stop that metallic clanks! it hurts my brain.

Billut cast "magic missile" to the most wounded axeman hoping to make him stop making noise.
[roll0]

Mekboy
2012-01-18, 05:46 PM
Avari

Happy that he was safe from the axemen (Vlane looked to be doing a good job, and Samuel had now joined the fight), Avari continued to keep up his fire at the remaining crossbowmen.

Shot at C2:[roll0]

Yaggo
2012-01-18, 06:03 PM
Yaggo

Yaggo watches as his arrow strikes home, laughing as Chup-Chup leaps towards the closest hob-goblin (more to cause panic than harm) He then rummages through his bag, quickly producing a smokestick. Yaggo smiles, then clamps the stick firmly in his grip, hopping over Samuel and moving towards the axe weilding goblins, Producing his double axe as he does, (moving one square diagonally, then three down) before biting down on the stick, allowing a thick smoke to envelope the area, His eyes looking for any falter on the Goblins part.
"Ahh, blessed darkness"

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-18, 08:02 PM
Vlane takes a painful hit to the shoulder and tries to trip the hobgoblin that did this to him(A3).
Touch Attack
Opposed Strength Check [roll]1d20+9)
If I trip him I will use my attack I get from improved tripping him to attempt to disarm him.(rules on page 155 of the players handbook)
opposed attack roll [roll1]
I can keep on doing this all day, you guys should probably surrender.
EDIT: Does the smoke provide cover/miss chance and if it does is it negated by dark vision?

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-18, 08:03 PM
Actual strength check.
[roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-22, 12:53 PM
((Sorry for not getting back sooner, midterms just hit and i have a Warhammer tournament to prepare for. I will try to get back on schedule.))

opposed strength check [roll0]
opposed attack roll [roll1]
your attempts to trip are unsuccessful

The hobgoblins only laugh at your continued demands for surrender, they are used to the cover of darkness and move through it as easy as the day.

the hobgoblin who was tripped last turn is finished by a magic missile

the remaining hobgoblins take injuries but stay on their feet and continue to attack
attacks on Vlane
[roll2], [roll3]
[roll4], [roll5]

Attack on Samuel with fifty percent miss chance (high means miss) [roll6]
[roll7], [roll8]
Attack on Yaggo with fifty percent miss chance (high means miss) [roll9]
[roll10], [roll11]

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames4.png

DM

Spacewolf
2012-01-22, 01:02 PM
Samuel Grey
I attack A1 again
[roll0]
[roll1]

"cannot belive i missed that better get some training at some point in the future"

Spacewolf
2012-01-22, 01:04 PM
+2 to the attack roll as well due to flanking bringing it to 17, and roll to check for miss chance 1 misses
[roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-22, 02:40 PM
I assume I can talk when Its not my turn.
Don't attack the unarmed ones lying on the ground! Attack the standing armed ones that almost chopped my head off.

Laendri
2012-01-22, 02:52 PM
Billut Grasshair

"If the headache wasn't enough now I have to deal with this smoke in my eyes... aggg"

I should try and help with the axemen but I'm not ready for that kind of comabt right now...

Billut casts his lats "magic missile" vs the more wounded crossbowman and then covers again behind the log.
[roll0]

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-22, 04:19 PM
Vlane tries to trip/disarm A3
Touch Attack [roll0]
Opposed Strength Check [roll1]
If I trip him I will use my attack I get from improved tripping him to attempt to disarm him.
opposed attack roll [roll2]
A3 might be out of range of the smoke so I don't know if I need to do miss chance but just in case.
[roll3] I love the D5

Yaggo
2012-01-22, 05:56 PM
Yaggo

Yaggo slips through the darkness slowly, moving up behind the closest axeman. Peering through the dark as easy as he would the day he smiles as his target comes within range, Yaggo slips behind him, whispering as he brings the axe across towards the hobgoblins back.
"Boo"
Move silently [roll0]
attack check [roll1]
Damage check [roll2] (+6 for double handed +2 flanking
Sneak attack [roll3]

Mekboy
2012-01-23, 01:06 PM
Avari

Once more clicking a new bolt into place, Avari sighted along his crossbow. The one hobgoblin looked too disorientated to shoot, so he aimed for the other. Best reduce incoming fire.

Shot at C2:[roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-24, 05:42 PM
Samuel chops at the hobgoblin before him but the unfamiliar blade twists in his hand and he lands the cut with the flat of the blade rather than the edge, it glances off the hobgoblins armor throwing sparks.

Billut's magic missile kills a crossbowman

Opposed Strength Check [roll0] against Vlane, and he's down.

The hobgoblin in melee manages to twist and catch Yaggo's axe on his shield

Avari's shot misses the same crossbowman that billut killed.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames5.png

DM

Spacewolf
2012-01-24, 06:36 PM
Samuel Grey
I move round to give yaggo an opening for a flanking attack and until im next to vlane and i cast cure moderate wounds on vlane
[roll0]

"don't lose your head yet"

Laendri
2012-01-24, 06:49 PM
Billut Grasshair

Seeing that the axemen group is under control, Billut grabs his sling and shoot at the standing crossbowman.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-24, 11:26 PM
Sorry i should have rolled for the Remaining hobgoblins

A1 attacks Vlane [roll0], [roll1]

C3 shakes off the stunned effect and attacks Avari [roll2], [roll3]

Yaggo
2012-01-25, 07:19 PM
Yaggo

He growls as his axe blow is blocked, sliding across the ground as the Hobgoblin foolishly turns back to attack Vlane, laughing as he swings at the unguarded back a second time.
"I knew that your kind was stupid, but this stupid?!" He continues to laugh, smiling as his blade heads for his foe.

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage roll [roll1]
Sneak attack [roll2]

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-26, 06:35 AM
I will disengage to avoid AoO and walk down 1 and left 7.

Mekboy
2012-01-26, 11:40 AM
Avari
Avari flinched back as another bolt buried itself deep into the old wood of the fallen tree.Thank Corellon for that - without this cover, I'd have been pincusioned by now.

With that, Avari clicked one more bolt into his crossbow, before taking careful aim at the final shooter.

Shot at remaining crossbowman:[roll0]

Hawkfrost000
2012-01-28, 09:57 PM
Billut give the Crossbowman a good knock with his sling

Yaggo slams his axe into Hobgoblin, bringing him to his knees. Stupid? gasps the hobgoblin in broken common Far from it.

Avari scratches the Crossbowman but he grimly reloads.

I will disengage to avoid AoO and walk down 1 and left 7.

((Sorry, What? :smallconfused: Your speed is twenty feet. Why are you trying to move 40?))

You hear the rumble of boots on hard ground. All of you whirl to see another force of hobgobins bearing down on you, they stand in a shield wall with spears extended before them, to one flank is a hulking creature, a bugbear, and on the other is a figure clothed in black robes bearing an ominously sparking bastard sword.

The last crossbowman fires what may be his last quarrel [roll0], [roll1]

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa395/DariusMacab/BeginnersGames6-2.png

Spacewolf
2012-01-28, 10:17 PM
Samuel grey

I cast spiritual weapon on the spell caster

[roll0]

"this cannot be good"

Laendri
2012-01-28, 10:40 PM
Billut Grasshair

Sling Attack: [roll0] Dmg:[roll1]
Billut shots the remaining crossbowman when he listens the steps on hin back,
"Good, reinforcements are here... too bad they are not OURS!" sais Billut as he jumps to the other side of the tree.

Jump: [roll2] (I don't know what do I have to roll, so apply modifiers as needed)

Mekboy
2012-01-29, 07:31 AM
Avari
A shame. I'd have preferred to save this for later.
Reaching for his prized harp, Avari finds it nestled in the top the haversack. Playing a few notes to check it is tuned, he begins to focus his arcane power, willing it through the music and into the hobgoblins.

Casting Sleep. 10 foot radius burst, aimed at S3. Affects 4 HD's worth of creatures, sends them to sleep. Will save of 15.

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-29, 07:40 AM
I ment withdraw I don't know why I said disengage.

Withdraw is a full round action that lets you move up to double your speed and avoid attacks of opportunity.
EDIT: But A3 is in the way he wasn't there when I posted that action. could I switch it to disarming A1. or is A1 dead or all ready disarmed. I'm confused.
EDIT: Oh, now I see that A1 is dead.
How about I just stood there and asked A3 to surrender. (assuming he is disarmed and prone)

GnomeGninjas
2012-01-30, 05:31 PM
Vlane climbs to the other side of the log.

Yaggo
2012-02-01, 04:58 AM
Yaggo

"Oh come on!" Yaggo mutters, leaping behind the tree, using the Hobgoblin underfoot as a spring mat, calling CHup-Chup back as he does "Get bacl here you little rodent!" when he lands Yaggo drops the Axe into the dirt, redrawing his bow.
"Ideas? Anyone? I have a few" he says with a grin.