PDA

View Full Version : Jade Regent (Hazzardevil's Thread)

Hazzardevil
2012-01-14, 12:10 PM
The agents of the Five Storms seeking Ameiko Kaijitsu have been thwarted, and the your group's caravan has set out on the long frozen road to Minkai葉he Path of Aganhei葉o claim Ameiko's birthright. Your new guide, Ulf Gormundr, has promised to lead you through landscapes more desolate than any you have ever known, yet at the end lies the promise of justice for the Kaijitsu family, and fortune and glory in a realm unlike any in Avistan.

You have left Kalsgard to reach the five storms, powerful oni who are trying to take over the land that is Ameiko's birthright. The journey is over 3000 miles, but you must go to claim the land.

The caravan is now going to use some complex mechanics to decide weather or not you have any random encounters. If you want to roleplay between combat encounters, your roleplaying shall take place in this thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12534377#post12534377) You do not have to roleplay there, but I may give xp for good roleplaying.

Day 1: Nothing Happens
Day 2: Nothing Happens
Day 3: Nothing Happens
Day 4: A random encounter appears..
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtfMQnqFjmM)

You see a huge black monolith tower above you. It is surrounded by 8 gaunt figures who are worshiping it.

Everyone roll a perception check.

Frosty
2012-01-14, 12:40 PM
Perception: [roll0]

His sensors detectingan anomaly up ahead, PD-169..."Petey"...pauses for a moment to attempt an active scan and see if more information can be gleaned. He says, "Warning. Unknown entities up ahead." in a monotone voice.

The link to the roleplaying thread does not work.

Mando Knight
2012-01-14, 05:56 PM
Siglyn looks ahead...
[roll0]
...but her celestially-blessed vision does not avail her, as she is too distracted.

Hazzardevil
2012-01-15, 06:24 AM
Sorry about the broken link, forgot to change the link after deleting the thread. It is working now.

Frosty only for now.
You can see bone and tattered skin in places on the figures, they certainly can't be human anymore.

Frosty
2012-01-15, 02:39 PM
"Presence of exposed bone detected. Skin condition...tattered. Possible undead entities ahead. Advise caution." says the Samuroid.

Hazzardevil
2012-01-16, 05:03 PM
One of the figures stands up and turns to stare at you.
Huuman! And Huuman Half-breeds.
It says in a rasping voice.
It doesn't appear to be trying to approach you, simply staring at all of you.

Mando Knight
2012-01-16, 10:28 PM
"Duly noted."

Siglyn draws her sword as a precaution, switching her horse's reins to her off-hand.

Frosty
2012-01-17, 12:44 AM
Petey always has his weapon at-hand, since all it takes is a second or two for the hand to literally retract, and his arm to become an arm-cannon. He does that now, while keeping an eye on the figures.

Dax Thura
2012-01-17, 08:41 AM
Perception [roll0]
You left out elves. I am Azmyth. To whom do I have the pleasure of addressing?

Hazzardevil
2012-01-17, 11:53 AM
We shall feasst thiss night, we dessire your flessh.
We are the wightss of this barren land, incapable of leaving thiss land for fairer flessh. Your flessh will do nicely this day.

At this point the other undead stand, feel free to make any religion checks.

Frosty
2012-01-17, 03:02 PM
Untrained religion check: [roll0]

Dax Thura
2012-01-17, 03:13 PM
That rather changes things for me then. Allow us to pass unmolested and you shall be allowed to continue your pitiful existence.

Mando Knight
2012-01-18, 08:08 PM
"These unliving beings will only bring calamity if allowed to live. Every body they claim is a body that rises up as one of their own. It would not sit well with me to allow them to continue to exist."

Siglyn moves her horse forward, to serve as the first line of defense against the undead.

Frosty
2012-01-18, 10:47 PM
"Eating the flesh of sentient beings is not legal. Desist, or face the long arm of the law!" announces Petey as he points his arm-cannon at the undead.

Dax Thura
2012-01-19, 01:44 AM
They haven't attacked us yet and the one said they have a limited range. I'll instruct the caravan to give them a wide berth and to continue on. We will catch up.

Hazzardevil
2012-01-21, 08:26 AM
Your Lawss, do not appear do not apply here creature of wood and sssteel.

The Wights then attack.

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/Hazzardevil/IceSpires.png

Orange is Siglyn with her noble steed.
Red is Petey
Blue next to the red is Amzyth
The black is the monolith and the blue near it is the wights.

You 3 go first.

Dax Thura
2012-01-21, 08:36 AM
I can't see any of those things.

Frosty
2012-01-21, 12:24 PM
You posted the wrong map. That seems to be the generic progress map.

Mando Knight
2012-01-21, 03:21 PM
I can't see any of those things.

You posted the wrong map. That seems to be the generic progress map.
The information is on there, just ridiculously small because we're looking at a strategic-level map used for tactical-level combat.

Siglyn moves her mount forward, then with a short prayer her holy symbol glows with a piercing light, assaulting the wights with divine vengeance.
Expending 2 of her 8 uses of Lay On Hands to Channel Positive Energy, moving to maximize the number of wights within range.

4d6 damage, Will 18 for half. I'll roll damage once, if you want me to roll for each target, tell me so.
[roll0]

Frosty
2012-01-21, 07:42 PM
The information is on there, just ridiculously small because we're looking at a strategic-level map used for tactical-level combat.I disagree. This has to be the wrong map.

I see a red dot. I don't see orange. I see a blue crosshair thing. I don't see the black at all.

Mando Knight
2012-01-21, 08:14 PM
I see a red dot. I don't see orange. I see a blue crosshair thing. I don't see the black at all.

The four pixels in the middle of the blue cross are in fact black. You have to look closely, it's literally one-pixel-per-5'-square scale here.

Hazzardevil
2012-01-22, 06:50 AM
It is very hard to see, but I couldn't find a better map to use.
For a better view download it and zoom in.

Frosty
2012-01-22, 12:44 PM
PD-169 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=351020)
HP: 72/72 AC: 23 Saves: 8F / 11R / 3W
Conditions: None

Hearing the defiant words of the wraiths causes Petey to feel the closest equivalent to "rage" as a Samuroid is programmed to feel. cClosing in to about 20 feet, he proclaims, "Undead or Alive, you're COMING with ME!"

Then, he fires with a boom. At this range, with a musket, the force will ignore any armor, natural or otherwise, of these creatures. This first shot is to gauge the wraiths' reflexes.
Since this map is too undetailed to be of any use for tactical distance, I'll try to describe my actions as best I can.

Move Action: Move to within 20ft of the wraiths.
Standard Action: *Ker-click* Fire on a wraith with +1 Lucky large musket. *BOOM*
Attack (TOUCH ATTACK, +1 Point-Blank Shot): [roll0]
Damage (+1 PBS) [roll1]

Dax Thura
2012-01-23, 12:38 AM
I still can't make it out so I'll need you to help me out a bit.

If I can get at least two of them lined up, Azmyth will Lightning Bolt.
[roll0] DC 19. If not, he will use Misfortune (DC 19) on the lead undead.

Hazzardevil
2012-01-31, 02:29 PM
Petey's shot hits the closest Wight square in the chest, knocking it back a foot, but it stands its ground.
It then gets knocked clean off its feet by the lightning bolt that follows it up.

The Wight next to it got caught in the lightning bolt as well, its body disintegrated instantly by the lightning bolt.
The wights quickly move to form up into 2 ranks of 3 men each.
The first Rank is directly in front Petey, with the second rank standing 15 ft away from the first.

The 3 wights next to petey all attack once with their whole bodies.
One attack misses, with the other 2 both hitting dealing 2 negative levels. (With a -2 on all ability checks, attack rolls, combat maneuver checks, Combat Maneuver Defense, saving throws, and skill checks.

You take in total 8 bludgeoning damage and 3 cold damage.

Your turns.

Dax Thura
2012-02-01, 02:46 PM
I am not well set up for these guys.

Azmyth gets within 30' of Petey and his assailants and uses his Misfortune Hex on one of them.
Will save DC 19 or have to roll twice and take worse result.

Frosty
2012-02-01, 03:21 PM
PD-169 (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=351020)
HP: 51/62 AC: 23 Saves: 6F / 9R / 1W
Conditions: 2 negative levels (factored in)

The attacks from the wraiths are different than anything Petey has ever encountered. "System OS under direct attack! Efficiency lost."

Backing up a bit, the samuroid reloads quickly with a paper cartridge before firing twice in quick succession (with another reload in between).

Free action: 5 ft step back.
Full-round action: Full-attack the wraith that looks the most hurt. If it dies, fire at the next one.
Attack1 (TOUCH ATTACK, +1 Point-Blank Shot, -2 Negative Lv): [roll0]
Damage (+1 PBS) [roll1]
Attack2 (TOUCH ATTACK, +1 Point-Blank Shot, -2 Negative Lv, -5 iterative): [roll2]
Damage (+1 PBS) [roll3]

Hazzardevil
2012-02-09, 01:33 AM
I'm sure I made a new reply to this, meh, time to make the wights go crazy.

In short, frost blasts another wight off his feet, 4 left.
The back line, the only one remaining has all 3 wights hit by the hex with only 1 effected.

The 3 remaining wights bound upon Petey, each attacking with as much force as they can muster but all the end up doing is scratching ineffectively.