PDA

View Full Version : [Exalted 2ed] When Sacheverell Dreams - IC

Madwand
2012-01-14, 04:45 PM
When Sacheverell Dreams

For it is Sacheverell’s nature to know the shape and contours of the future; as long as he sleep he see only possible paths; The Dream is not binary, it is not discreet. Paths of dreamed events in it are not arranged like those that First Age' savants drew: dash and dash, and dash - myriad branches of the tree of all possibility. But no language hold names for true Shape of Things to Come.

So Sacheverell dreams..

...The Dragon-blooded general walked slowly in House of Bells classroom.
-" Do you think that it's only just a small provocation? Ha!" - And in a loud general's "Ha"sounded disregard for (future? past? present?) young officers - "I do not know what you have learning by now, but the surely have heard of Hundred Devil's Jihad? This is the name of the politicians. We, the veterans say of it only as the Nightmare. Because it was true, never-ending nightmare. Now believe that this began with a similar small-scale clashes with Yozi cults in South. Our leadership was completely blind on those warnings. Had the Anathema succeeded to hide it longer ... - General stopped and he stroked prosthesis, which replace him hand - is that we managed to win, is a complete coincidence. Apparently everything depended o...

... -No! - Kolar III exclaimed in fury and denial of the reality - Impossible! Heart of the Mountain does not exists. It a slave tale and we killed every last of those fools who belive in it!" ....

...A single hexagonal spire of basalt inset with orichalcum runes stands at the center of the manse, tapering to a point halfway to the ceiling. Chamber is nearly three-quarters of a mile wide, but Lawgiver's voice no louder than whisper is clearly audible for two thousands assassins scattered across the floor around the spire.
".. Tiger-Warriors! your training has ended. You were chosen to carry righteous wrath of Heaven. The filthy Yozi-spawn, betrayers of Creation and false prophets. I taught you their names..
And mortals answered; in prefect mantra of faith and purpose engineered by Solar charms:
-Makram Itzul. Iskandar Muda. Cruzon Alh...

On top of the spire a faint smile crossed the Guiding Wings of the World's face.

..and Yozis ensure that Sacheverell’s sleep remains unbroken and that future is not constrained in one line. After all - the choice is everything and any of infinite dreams may come true.

Ophidian Crusade Preparation Technique
Makram Itzul, Cruzon Alhazen, Ashar the Enduring

It's difficult to find a louder plane than Makarios domain. Vast collection of merchant houses, trading stalls and businesses in Equitable Market where demons buy and sell what they make and what they can do. Most commerce in Hell takes place in great bazaars. Along twisting lines of booths, demons invite each other to buy liquor and drugs, tools and torture toys, housewares, musical instruments, ornaments, pets, produce, weapons, sex and slaves . Some sell stranger things, such
as bottles of vitriol and Hegra’s liquid dreams, poisons and philters against poison, brightly colored sutures for flesh-embroidery and crystals from the Blood-Red
Moon.

It's not a surprise for three of you that Ebon Dragon commanded you to find here equipment and supplies for your first mission in Creation. However, he could tell you somethings besides that yes, South. And yes, Gate in Creation is located six weeks from Gem in the midst of fire-scorched desert. And yes, you have twelve hours to prepere. He could also give you currency for exchange.. because without it dealing with the devils may be tricky.

Let's find out what roleplaying and charms could buy you - from few slaves to carry your stuff through desert to, may it be, fully equipped airship? :smallamused:

War is Hell
The Black Knight, Iskandar Muda, Zitam Markel
The dust and the fire and the smoke and the hellish haze rose up, clouding the battlefield as rain of arrows, blasting thunderbolts of infernal sorcery and regiment of flaying First Circles demons filled the air. The entire world shuddered, and every scream of dying Tomescuwas like a fist to the ears. For the demons fighting or lying between the walls, there was nothing unusual in about killing each other on the whim of demon lords.

But you were diffrent. The Primodal King himself ordered you to stand in this battle, he himself watch you as you fight in the last day before departure into Creation to carry his Will and avange the injustices and harms of ancient times. But first you must survive the baptism of fire.

The thick fog from which many-jointed limbs shielded with a green insectoid carapace emerge, each ending in a weapon of some sort - swords, axes, sledges.. all aimed at Infernal Chosens. Almost simultaneously three war-demons attacked.

Join battle for tomescu:

in OOC: 2, 1, 3.

You are in the middle of the battle. You're missing an arbitrary amount of Essence from fighting. Whatever amount you decide is fine, as is your level of anima display. Roll join battle and post first actions!:smallsmile:

Bitter
2012-01-14, 07:30 PM
With his anima banner swirling faintly around him, Iskandar frowns at the demons coming before him. Hell is a mixture of mostly intense pleasure and privilege along with the odd dash of disappointment and random madness from those higher up in the hierarchy.

This is the latter; although if a week has gone by in Malfeas without having to fight a demon to the death it's because the demon you fought to the death last week killed you. Compared to the obscenities that Octavian's goons left in his house when he went to browse one of the layers of Malfeas, this is practically pedestrain.

Amazing how you can become inured to the violence, he thinks, until most of what's left is just annoyance at being ordered about.

One of the Tomescu starting to move towards him - the occasional weapon whirling out of the mist surrounding it - jerks Iskandar quickly back to reality. He could quickly and efficiently destroy the creature, that would be easy enough to do. But killing it isn't the real goal here. What he needs to do is impress Malfeas and impressing Malfeas requires unnecessary violence and sadism if The Black Knight wasn't lying about what his communion with the Yozi imparted.

As the demon draws near to Iskandar, the exiled prince puts his hand to his temple while his anima suddenly flares around him. As he concentrates, two balls of light appear in front of the Tomescu at neck and ankle height while another appears behind level with where it's waist appears to be.

A moment later and the glowing lights have become guillotines which are sweeping in on the demon, moments away from leaving it a quivering heap of pieces on the floor.

OOC

3 attack flurry, all Fierce Blows (p 158 core) so they do 5l base damage before additional successes. Adding 4, 5 and 6 successes respectively with SWLIHN Excellency so 3 16 dice attacks all told

Combat Sheet

Mind Hand Manipulation
Attack: 16 Damage: 3L Rate: 3 Range: 13 Yards

PDV: 8
DV: 3

PEP 19/19
PeriEP 13/38 (42)
Willpower: 10/10

Soak: 12B/9L/7A
Hardness 5B/5L

0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ][ ][ ]
Incap [ ]

Orosboru
2012-01-14, 09:05 PM
Wandering these dread hall, coming through to our master's call. Here the prisoners have their trade, for food, play, glory that quickly fades. With a cutting manoeuvre behind every smile, promising payment to make it worth your while. Exotic ideas and items of every degree, except the most cherished one of all: to be free.

I walk in shadows as three - men and woman like me. Blackness nor light is our call, but a rapturous rise and a endless fall. We stand here suspended in time, caught from our failures to commit their crimes. You remember the time we crawled on our knees? With utter submission we handed our keys? Walk in two deserts to our destination - to despair and death and defamation.

Let us hasten, for the Dragon waits
His patience is as long as his mercy
Through common desert and Cecelyne's hate
We must endure. Practiced dogma and heresy
provisions, artifacts and treasured rarities

We gather. But tell me, what do you desire?
A half-day is given to us. We are not men
To follow orders meekly. I am not a liar
or surely my name is not Cruzon Alhazen.

Madwand
2012-01-15, 05:06 AM
War is Hell

Tick count:
1. Iskandar Muda, tomescu#1
2. Black Knight, tomescu#2
3. tomescu#3
4. Zitam Markel

Bitter: I assume that you want to add dices? Oh, and please - roll your attacks. I did it for now:
Flurry:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

2 dice stunt for accurate situation analysis! :smallsmile:

The fastest demon has no chance to survive telekinetic might of the chosen. With piercing cry Tomescu meet it's doom. In spilt second there are only two opponent left. But battle is raging in countless alleys of Malfeas, and it is for best to anticipate new enemies; and it would help if there was any manner to distinguish between friend and foe!

Tomescu #1 is dead.
roll perception+awareness if you like to spot incoming forces.

Bitter
2012-01-15, 01:48 PM
A thin smile cutting across his face, Iskandar gestures to the two remaining demons as his opponent splatters to the floor in pieces.

"Knight. Markel. I believe Lord Malfeas would like to see how the two of you compare now."

Stepping backwards, Iskandar cedes the frontline to the others and watches ready for how his comrades plan to take them apart.

Rolled Awareness in OOC. 2 successes

AmberVael
2012-01-15, 05:01 PM
Ophidian Crusade Preparation Technique

Ashar casts a baleful eye on Cruzon. "If you continually speak in such a manner, you will wear out my patience. I would sooner endure a barrage of arrows than rhymes."

She crosses her arms, her gauntlets softly clinking against one another as she looks out at the bazaar with a critical eye. "I have every reason to go to Gem, and to prepare well for my arrival there; so this day, I do not intend to question the orders passed down to us. However, we need not conduct ourselves as servants or slaves- we are bestowed with power and authority above those around us, and we will present ourselves accordingly."

Musing, she raises a hand to her chin. "Now, to arrive at our destination on foot would be unfit for those of our station. We will require a much more suitable method of transportation, yet one does not immediately spring to my mind. Perhaps we might pit the salesman against one another in suggesting an appropriate craft."

Volthawk
2012-01-15, 05:06 PM
Makram nods, having been hanging back listening to the other two talk - or to be more specific one sing and the other talk.

"Well, we do have a...unique position at the moment. We can exploit that. That idea of getting them in competition does seem interesting. Also, we don't particularly have resources to use on all this, which is a problem."

Orosboru
2012-01-15, 07:19 PM
Cruzon smiles a peculiar smile.

Arrows with tips of outrageous fortune?
I know more deadly beauty,
Than mere appearance portends.
My nature is what you can see.
But for your sake, my lady, I will:
Dispense with my art, shatter my staff,
For better or for worse, for good or ill
Just to see your smile and hear your laugh.
What is your nature? A noble's bearing!
Proud evangelist, dark messiah;
Our words speak false of caring.
But peace! We shalt be buyers.
Of a noble seat that thou desire.
A mock conveyance built for liars.

He turns around to Makram.
"Shall we go to the South in the garb of Malfeas? The hunters of the Wyld will be happy to see us. No, subtlety is our borrowed name. Our enemy is Infamy and her sister, Fame."

AmberVael
2012-01-15, 08:24 PM
"Much as they would claim otherwise, the Realm's sway in Gem is limited. It is the Despot that rules, and in these waning days, his clutch is more iron than ever, while the Blessed Isle looks not to others, but to itself. Rumors travel quickly, but the desert swallows the unprepared, and Gem is far within it. Subtlety will not be necessary, and my strength will be greater if my coming is known. Hide if you wish, but the emergence of the Heart of the Mountain will sow confusion and doubt in the Despot's house, and win me the support of many." Declares Ashar, before she heads down into the market, looking for at least one merchant who would sell some sort of conveyance, whether it be a wagon, palanquin, airship, or something stranger.

garter_snake
2012-01-15, 10:15 PM
The Black Knight strode down the blood-stained skin of Malfeas. A Soulsteel claw reached out and grasped one of the brass ampposts lining the sides of the street and ripped it from its housing. Right had on the but, left hand on the middle of the haft, The Black Knight pointed the lamppost towards the ground..

The lamp flame flickered.

Left foot, half step back, perpandicular to right. Right foot cross over, rotate shoulders and hips counter-clockwise to face the Tomescuwa, step forward left foot, then right, bend knees slightly, and push upward with legs, arms and body. In one fluid blur, The Black Knight thrust the green glass end of the lamppost at where the ribcage would be if the demon had a mortal frame.

2 action flurry, misc to lift lamp and attack action. Spd 5, spd 6.

Attacking with the lamppost as an improvised weapon. Since there arn't really much in the way of improvised weapon rules in exalted, besides thrown objects do (STR+ATH required to lift)B damage, I used the stats for a tetsubo, since either way, i'm basicly thwacking the guy with a thick tube of metal. If that's wrong, I'll just redo the calculation.

spd 6, acc-2 , dmg +12B/4, def -4, Rate 1, 2, O, P, R, req str 4(minus 1 to acc and def, already calculated)

Adding 5 autosux with 2nd Malfeas Excellency, 10m Periph spent.
10 base, -2 acc, -3 flurry
[roll0]
+
stunt dice, take from right to left depending on rating(if any):
[roll1]
+
5 successes from 2nd ex.

edit: oh yeah, raw damage will be 12wep+3str+overflowsux

Willpower ••••••••••
10/10 (may be nine, looking up wp cost for feats of strength again...)

Essence: ••
16/16, 11(16)/37

Feat of Strength justification:

Let's see if TBK can shear off the pole...
Young's Modulus for Brass = 110 GPa = 15954 151.2 psi (http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/young-modulus-d_417.html)
diameter = lets say 5"
area = pi*5*5/4 in^2
Force = z
stress = force/area
Strain in x direction = extension length/origional length = stress/young's modulus = force/(area*YM)

extension length in in = force in lb * / 62910469.

Lets be easy and assume that the bar will undergo elastic deformation the whole way, and it will break off when the extension length = origional length*2 = diameter*5.

Of course, this would mean that the rod wouldn't even shear with 4500 lbs of force, since that doesn't take the changing area due to ongoing deformation into account(and because metals are thougher than the Exalted writers give credit for: 4000 lb suvs going 30 mph and stoping at one foot, averaging out to about 120427lb(60 tons) average force, don't shear off lampposts. ((actually, now that I look at the numbers again, I'm think i'm forgetting something, since the extension length is really miniscule even in the SUV case. So either brass is much tougher than I'm giving it credit for, atleast in a pure shear situation, or I made a mistake somewhere. )) Just as well, since I just reread the rules and realized you're not allowed to use feats of strength in combat to break things, just lift, push, or pull them. Ah well.

So instead I guess TBK's lifting the brass pole out of a circular brass holder 1 foot into the ground. The density of brass is .303 lb/cubic inch, so assuming the wieght of the lamp is neglible and the lamppost is 5" diameter, 7 ft tall, it wieghs .303*5*5*3.14*7*12/4 = 499.4955 lbs, easily withing TBK's 650 lifitng limit.
why the hell didn't I just conceptualize the problem that way in the first place?

Madwand
2012-01-16, 01:48 AM
War is Hell

You got 2 dice stunt:smallwink:

Damage: [roll0] B

Despite that impressive display of force Tomsescu was able to endure powerful blow. Then it multiple limbs springed in motion as it almost simultaneously counterattacked and move to the offensive.. and then last tomescu struck with enormous force, and even though armor absorbed most of it you could feel the blow.

garter_snake
2012-01-16, 03:16 AM
((editing...done.))

Feeling the lamp thrust returned in kind, The Black Knight does not give ground. Instead, the heavily armored figure pulls on the lamppost embedded in the Tomescu's body and steps towards the demon. Spears are excellent weapons, but wielded one-handed, they lose a great deal of versatility. It becomes impossible to jab with the blunt end of the weapon, or use staff fighting techniques, instead, it becomes a long range stabbing and slicing weapon. By stepping towards the attacker, The Black Knight forces the angle of attack to fall on the more thickly protected portions of armor.

Sadly, vs an opponent with multiple avenues of attack, this opens one up to multiple reprisals. The Black Knight gazed up through the visor's slit at the three weapons descending like thunderbolts. In their reflection, the sledge of the third Tomescu came from the ground below. How does one defend against such an onslaught?

Attack.
The Black Knight spins the lamppost counterclockwise, brushing aside the first spear.

Attack.
The Black Knight pulls down on the left end while pushing up on the right, moving the lamppost like a lever. Releasing the right hand, the momentum carries it on through, deflecting the second spear with an uppercut. Twisting, The Black Knight's left hand then brings the lamppost down to counter the sledge coming from behind. The lamppost is now unavailable to counter the descending sword, however.

Attack.

Curling the right gauntlet into a fist, The Black Knight meets steel with Soulsteel, smashing it straight into the descending sword.

base lamppost dv: 5dex+5melee-3def = 7 -> 4
base punch dv: 5dex+1MA+2def = 8 -> 4

as a step 2 defense against the 1st flurry attack, TBK will spend 2 motes peripheral on the 2nd malfeas excellency, increasing DV by 1. This also flares anima to the 11m+ level, raising DV by 2 more and imposing a -1 external penalty on all incoming attacks.

in order of resolution, factoring the -1 external penalty to the Tomescu's 3rd and counterattack attack rolls and assuming no stunts:

Tomescu#2 attack 1: 1 sux vs lamppost PDV 7 = miss
dv: 4+2anima+1excellency

Tomescu #2 attack 2: 3 sux vs lamppost PDV 5 = miss
dv: 4+2anima-1 onslaught

Tomescu #2 attack 3: 6 sux vs unarmed punch PDV 4 = hit with 3 threshold sux. Requires a stunt for dv to be applicable.
dv: 4+2anima-2onslaught

Tomescu #2 counterattack: 7 sux vs lamppost PDV 4 = hit with 3 threshold sux
dv: 4+2anima-2action penalties

Tomescu #3 sledge: 5 sux vs lamppost PDV 4 = hit with 1 threshold success.

-the above post was written with these results in mind, hence the slight godmodding. The order of attacks in the fluffy parts is also technically different than the resolution, but that's not really important...

Ongoing effects:

Dawn Anima
Dawn Anima Effects
(p. 92)
Replace the current Dawn anima power with the following:
By spending five motes of Essence, the character may ap�pear glorious and terrifying until the end of the scene (or untilEXALTEDshe decides to let the effect dissipate). She appears taller and fiercer, with a terrible visage, burning eyes and a deadly, rend�ing grasp. This effect comes into play automatically once the Solar spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.
While this power is in effect, the character exudes a fear aura which causes all opponents attempting to attack or oppose her (socially or physically) to suffer a -1 external penalty on all at�tack rolls. This unnatural Emotion effect costs five points of Willpower to ignore for the rest of the scene. The Dawn’s ter�rifying glory unbound also disrupts attempts at coordinating attacks against her, increasing the difficulty to arrange such at�tacks by 2. Additionally, the immense Essence pressure within the character’s anima slows all incoming attacks, increasing the character’s DVs by 2. Finally, Solars of the Dawn Caste are immune to all fear-based Emotion effects while their anima power is active. If a complementary mass combat unit is forced to check for rout because of the Dawn Caste’s actions while this anima is active, they suffer a -2 external penalty to the roll.
The above also applies to the Dusk and Slayer anima powers.
combat stats

PDV(Gadnthior): 7
PDV(Fists): 4
PDV(lamppost): 4
DDV: 4

Soak: 20B/18L/17A (17B/17L Vitrol Soulsteel Fullplate)
Hardness: 11B/11L

Health Levels
-0 []
-1 [][]
-2 [][] [][][] [][][] [][][]
-4 [] [] [] []
Incap []

Mental Defenses:
MDDV: 7
Performance+Cha MPDV: 4

Willpower ••••••••••
10/10 (may be nine, cant find wp cost for feats of strength...)

Essence: ••
16/16, 13(16)/37

as a side question, if we're rolling attacks before declaring step 2 defenses, how would you like us to factor that into decision making? Would you prefer both sides game using the knowledge of our opponents roll? Or is rolling in step 1 a time saving measure done at the attacker's discretion, with the defender on the honor system? IDC either way, and it doesn't matter that much here, but if we ever get into mote attrition exalt v exalt combat, which isn't unlikely, it becomes a factor.

Recaiden
2012-01-16, 01:23 PM
"We wouldn't disappoint our King." The words float in the air before Iskandar for just a moment before being dispersed by the screams and sounds of battle, as well as Markel's rushing by at superhuman speed.

And this foe, Petalit? There are so many types of demon, a whole world to become used to.
Focus on the battle's tune first. These are Octavian's Tomescu, whose screams are our clocks. They have heard the final strains of their heart-song, and live in fear of its repetition.

As Markel approaches the last tomescu, the twisting silver chain in his hands is swung up, around, and down into the center of the fog to smash the monster's hidden form, the weighted heads at each end crashing own in quick succession.
Then he is on down the street, searching for new foes, or, if he must, circling back to carry on this fight.

Free Dash (1 Yards) via Death-Dealing Journey, Flurry of two attacks as he goes by, and roll to find whatever is arriving.
Attack 1: [roll0] for +10B Damage
Attack 2: [roll1] for +10B Damage
Perception+Awareness: [roll2]

The second set of words is thoughts to his Coadjutor.

No essence expenditure here. Threat Monitoring excitement will be used on any Unexpected events that might strike him.

Active Charms:
Death-Dealing Journey

Dodge DV - 4
Parry DV - 6

Soak:
Bashing: 9
Lethal: 6
Aggravated: 5

Hardness:
Bashing: 2
Lethal: 2
Aggravated: 2

Health:
-0 [ ]
-1 [ ][ ]
-2 [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
-4 [ ][ ]
-X [ ]

Essence:
Personal: 14/14
Peripheral: 18/34 (6 Attuned)

Volthawk
2012-01-18, 07:43 AM
Makram nods to Cruzon. "Sure, out there we may need to be subtle, but here? Here, we have status. And we'll need to use that if we want to get anything here, given how we're not exactly rolling in money." That said, he follows Ashar into the market.

Bitter
2012-01-18, 06:27 PM
Deciding to show off, while the others fight Iskandar leans against one of Malfeas's dark basalt walls and enjoys the spectacle. While animas flare and blood is drawn, he extends one hand as a thin dagger shaper sliver of silver light forms next to it and start picking out the dirt from under his fingernails.

"I'm sure you know that the Yozis represent different concepts but I'd just like to point out that Malfeas represents overwhelming force, not playing with your food before you eat it."

There's a little smirk on his face as he says this. It's not often he manages to outfight a Slayer, so he's going to make the most out of it while it lasts.