PDA

View Full Version : [Nexus]The Dancing Fox Inn IV: Strangely, More Wolves Than Foxes

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Mindfreak
2012-01-14, 07:29 PM
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn7/KCK_015/DancingFoxInnSign1.jpg

Welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn! Come and try our one of a kind beverages and food, chat with friends, or grab a private room and relax. All are welcome to the Dancing Fox Inn.

We would like to ask, please, no smoking in the establishment unless you are on fire. We understand that there are often exceptions. Thank you for understanding. Be sure to enjoy your stay.
If your characters are upstairs, please use this thread to avoid confusing the other occupants

Description:
The inn is . . . indescribable. Size wise, anyway. It has as many tables as needed, and as many chairs as needed. So that needn't be said as well.

The floors are rough hewn logs. In fact the whole inn is made of wood, with a solid foundation of stones. There is a downstairs common room of tables and private booths, and an upstairs with bedrooms. There is a bar, behind the bar is a kitchen. The tables and seats are made of wood. The private booths are also made of wood but the seats are cushioned by dirty and torn pillows. There is also a basement that acts as storage for the drinks and food (and a secret meeting place). Access to the basement is through the kitchen.

Renn usually keeps a heavy crossbow already cocked and loaded under the bar. He also has a sleeping power next to it that he sometimes uses on the crossbow bolts or sprinkles into a rowdy drunks drink.

The inn as a whole can be described as a little dirty and run down, but at the same time its homey.

Current Staff:
Renn and Naku - Barkeeps and Managers
Fade - Barboy
- Barmaid
Fear and Sorrow - Working off a Debt?
Colin Aldaro - Waiter
Strahd - Cook
Songdancer - Bard
(If the person with the job, such as the barboy, if that person does not come around for a month (Or so), they lose the job. Not to be mean, but to clear up the space, so that someone else who might want it can have it.)

NOW HIRING: Barmaid
If you're none of these but think you can help, ask about a job, ask Renn, or Naku, IC.
((Also if you have a Banner idea, please, PM it to Lerky, or Mee))

THE MENU:
Be sure to keep an eye out for our DAILY SPECIALS!
Wines*:
Chimera Cabernet - A hearty red with hits of oak and black cherry.
Elven Wine – imported straight from Elven lands unless the cart turned
Merfolk Merlot - Full-bodied with a hint of rose.

Bar Drinks*:
Swampwater - A delicious lemon-lime delight but a tad . . . swampy
Shocker Lizard’s Chider – Sends a shock through your body, bound to wake you up electro-zaps!
Mai Tai - Dark and pineapple juice. PINEAPPLE!!
Sneak on the Beach - Vodka, Cranberry juice, pineapple juice and Peach Schapps. *sneak sneak sneak*
Rust Monster - Scotch and Drambuie drink and your sword explodes.
Coffee - buzzzzz.
Ice Liqueur - Guaranteed to cool you down. . . .
Dragon's Liver Buster - The strongest drink in the house. Don't say we didn't warn you... (Doesn't actually make your liver explode)*
Ichor Liquor - Made from a fermented mix of various kinds of blood, the perfect drink for vampires and similar creatures, like Kurvis.
Haley's Liquer - named for the redheaded rogue, a sweet creme liqueur, excellent over ice. And while you're asleep, she'll loot your body
Wizard Blizzard - The effect depends on the spell stored in it. Other than that, it's made with crushed ice and Bourbon.
Manticore Martini – a regular Martini but stirred with a spike from a Manticore tail, giving it an exotic taste.*
Melon Juice – relaxes the mind - Now available without alcohol!
Green Tea - with a hint of sugar Coffee? Tea? Monster?
Beholder's Earl Grey - It's a tea named after everyone's favorite abberation. Need I say more? Yes, actually. What's in it?
Root Beer – For those who have a weak stomach*
Cold Milk – For the kids*
Burning Brandy- To keep the Archbishop happy.
Apple Cider - Non-alcoholic, fruity goodness!

Beers, Ales & Such*:
Thunder Ale - puts a boom in your tummy Then your tummy explodes!
Grim Brewery brand Ginger Ale - deathly good*
Dwarven Brandy - comes from dwarven lands
Pirate's Drink (Rum) - Be drunk while saying "Yarrr!"
Guilders Ale - a tasty treat that doesn't mess with your mind*
Rouges Rum - Warning: You may pickpocket while drunk
Fairy Ale - You'll think you can fly*

Fizzy Drinks: (courtesy of Leigh and Mee. Thanks!)*
Blueberry buzz - Spyte soda, with blueberries, and blueberry syrup in it.
Banana beer - Root beer, banana slices, whipped cream on the top, and a cherry on that.
Leigh special - A warm coffee (Bubbly, of course...with your choice of a hazelnut or chocolate flavor), with a swirl of peppermint, a stick of cocoa, and optional sprinkles and whipped cream.*
Triple threat - Root beer and coffee swirled together, with a lemon wedge jammed on the rim.*
K's special - Carbonated water, mixed with cream, pineapple flavoring, coconut sprinkled on top, then a few strawberries dropped into it. Very good.*
Ice cream float - Your choice of flavors.
The cute drink - Just like K's special, but it has some fruit on the top. A lime slice as a smile, and two cherries as eyes. It's cute. It also comes with a little umbrella.*
Spryte - the regular, boring drink.

Food:
Peanuts*
Chips & Dip and salsa!*
Curry - Chicken, beef, pork, or seafood
Cured Ham Steak
BBQ Hydra Heads
Salads (Spring Greens, Caesar, and Italian Pasta)*
Pork Chops
Mutton Chops
Golden Apple
Fish (Cod, Eel, Trout, Salmon) – Served with a lemon wedge or lime.
Fresh Bread
Fine Aged Cheddar
Fava Beans
Birdseed for all those avians out there.
Berries - all kinds, blue, black, straw purple, mauve, hamster.
Roasted Quail - kinda like a small turkey but not. See?
And anything else you may want. Just ask.

Dessert:
Muffins
Brownies*
Milkshake
Cookies
Pie (Pick a flavor)

*Can substitute the alcohol for a magical liquid that can make anybody drunk, no matter what the resistance, for a little extra.

We hope you enjoy your stay at the Dancing Fox Inn!

Some Excellent Poems
Dancing Fox Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5113391&postcount=1400) and DFI '09 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5592826&postcount=1146)
The Ballad of the Inn (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4780487&postcount=714)
We Dream of a Town (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4561030&postcount=61)

http://i25.tinypic.com/2i6nrlz.png
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q106/Beans-tastic/beansseal.png

Side note: The DFI is not in any way, shape, or form, inside Inside. It's just a quiet little place off somewhere, that would like to stay free from apoco-plawts, various inter-warring factions, and all that jazz.
Everyone is equally welcome here, just please leave it at the door.
And above all, please keep it civil.

Mindfreak
2012-01-14, 07:39 PM
"Yup. Yup it will."
Naku says, slightly nervous, but grinning back.
((We should totally go annoy the MLP RP. :smallbiggrin: ))
He takes out a button and presses it.
"Let's do this!"
They should be warped to Equestria!
((Keep it within MLP standards there. I'll post first in General Locations Thread under the tag [Park]))

Chezmarine
2012-01-14, 07:43 PM
He takes out a button and presses it.
"Let's do this!"
They should be warped to Equestria!
((Keep it within MLP standards there. I'll post first in General Locations Thread under the tag [Park]))

Don't jump the Gun. We're on page 49, not 50...

:tongue:

Mindfreak
2012-01-14, 07:47 PM
Don't jump the Gun. We're on page 49, not 50...

:tongue:

Many threads do it on page 49 since page 50+ starts causing problems for the server.

Oh, and Songdancer leaves a fine mist behind.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-14, 08:07 PM
Grinning, Strahd holds out the note for Ashtrek to see.

Er, by the looks of it, Strahd's the new boss while Naku's away.

That's... Probably not good.:smalleek:

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 02:57 AM
A tall blond elf man enters, wearing layered coats over a beat up t-shirt, with the name of some band on it. His deep blue jeans and tennis shoes equally beat up, and he looks vaguely depressed as he makes eye contact with the floor in front of him, slowly making his way to the bar.

Zefir
2012-01-15, 03:49 AM
The tall elf will see the barboy, now standing behind the bar and nipping on his own Nuke Cola. His face nearly full covered under his hoo it looks strange when he drinks. On the other hand a full hooded guy who wears jeans and T-Shirt isn't that normal as well.
http://img862.imageshack.us/img862/8043/tek4eef646d027e71926270.png

"What can I do for you?" Fade asks without any emotions in his voice.

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 03:53 AM
he plops down at the bar. "I'm feeling a dry vodka and tonic," he says, staring at the surface of the bar in front of him vacantly. "Lookin' to get messed up," he states, depressedly. He tilts his head up towards the bartender, with it sort of propped upon his shoulder; his pupils all big and a blank look.

Zefir
2012-01-15, 03:58 AM
Fade goes checking the list from drinks and founds sever things which make it complicated.

"That means you want Vodka and a Tonic water? We also serve Vodka Tonic."

Yeah Fade isn't someone you should talk in riddles.^^

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 04:02 AM
This confused him greatly, more than one would expect with a normal person. "the tonic water, lotta vodka?" he says, slurring and making hand motions of pouring, "Inna glass?"

Zefir
2012-01-15, 04:13 AM
Well if that is what he wants Fade will go do so. He will fill one glass with Tonic Water, another with the Vodka and then pour both together in a bigger glass. He gives the drink to the man.

"Here you go."

The prize for this drink will be 1 Glass of Tonic Water and 1 of Vodka. So more expensive then a Vodka Tonic would cost.

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 04:18 AM
"'here we go" he says, and he downs the drink rather fast. "good shtuff," he says a few seconds afterward. He begins to get twitchy, looking around, drumming his fingers. "So, whereya from? whaddya do? whatsyur story?" He says rather quickly.

Zefir
2012-01-15, 04:35 AM
Fade got's confused, even if he doesn't show it.

"Aren't the visitors of an Inn supposed to answer these questions and not someone working in it?"

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 04:38 AM
"Maybe?" He says, returning to his mellow state, deep in though. "that's a good question," he states, and pauses. "are you gonna ask me?"

Zefir
2012-01-15, 04:49 AM
Fade nods.

"You know the questions. I wait for answers now."

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 05:01 AM
"I'm Chas," He says. He thinks for a few moments, before getting an angry expression on his face and turning around. He turns back and says "its to damn loud in here..." even if its completely silent. he shakes his head and resumes his train of thought. "I'm many things, for a while I was a bard and an adventurer, I avenged my parents... then I bummed around a bit before starting a band and I ended up getting into some drinking and drugging problems there. Neighbors didn't like all my partying, cops came, saw things..." He immediately checks over his shoulders for cops. "After I got outta prison I traveled some more, doing some mercenary work in some decaying empire, and then one it all went to hell in a handbag there I came back here. I tried to get a normal life with a job and a girlfriend but that didn't work at all and now I'm in a studio apartment in some ghetto part 'a town and I'm 'tweakin again..." he seems vaguely depressed after mentioning it all.

Zefir
2012-01-15, 05:21 AM
Fade doesn't really show much intresst, but he tkes a look around in the currently silent bar when he mentioned it was to loud. Strange guy.

"The pony thing here is also a bard, maybe you could talk to him when he is back about bard stuff."

Fade isn't stupid or has a bad attention span. He just don#t know what drugged is and after all he isn't a guy who understands feelings. maybe it's because he himself has near no emotions.

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 04:01 PM
"Pony thing?" he says, confused, raising an eyebrow.

Zefir
2012-01-15, 04:39 PM
"I looks like a little horse with something stuck in his head. Think he called himself SongDancer."

Fade doesn't make any gesticulation. It's just good that he isn't here.

Chas the mage
2012-01-15, 05:33 PM
"that's..." hes not quite sure how to respond, "uhh... wow." he has the most confused look upon his face, and shakes his head. He runs his hands through his greasy blonde hair, and closes his eyes for a few moments.

Zefir
2012-01-16, 03:25 AM
Fade just watches the man. He isn't sure what his problem is and neither is sure if this guy deals with it. After all he decides to not doing anything, means you can't do anything wrong.

Chas the mage
2012-01-16, 03:24 PM
"So," he says, his eyes still closed, "are pony people the norm around here or what?" even though his eyes are closed, he has a rather odd facial expression of confusion.

Zefir
2012-01-16, 03:47 PM
"Not that I can say it. He was the only one I saw since now, but the nexus seems to have a wide range of races walking around here."

Chas the mage
2012-01-16, 03:52 PM
"I see... I came here a long time ago. didn't see too many odd races back then," he says, thinking about it.

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 04:25 PM
Grinning, Strahd holds out the note for Ashtrek to see.

Er, by the looks of it, Strahd's the new boss while Naku's away.

That's... Probably not good.:smalleek:

"Naku left you in Charge? What is She Smoking? Why not the Teiflings? Or Colin?"

Zefir
2012-01-16, 04:31 PM
"I see... I came here a long time ago. didn't see too many odd races back then," he says, thinking about it.

"Think that isn't that bad. The more strange the people appear the more strange the people are."

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 04:59 PM
"Naku left you in Charge? What is She Smoking? Why not the Teiflings? Or Colin?"

Ooh, death glare from Strahd.

It's hard to write defiantly, but he manages pretty well all told, even if the wittiness of his retort is somewhat diminished by how long it takes to jot down the words.

"Ahem. I've been working here since before Naku took over, longer than anyone except Colin, and he's never around. I also know more than anyone here about how to run a restaurant, being the only one with any real prior work experience. Naku left me in charge because I'm the most qualified one here."

Strahd thinks for a second, before adding onto the last line.

"Incidently, how good are you at digging?"

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 05:02 PM
Ooh, death glare from Strahd.

It's hard to write defiantly, but he manages pretty well all told, even if the wittiness of his retort is somewhat diminished by how long it takes to jot down the words.

Strahd thinks for a second, before adding onto the last line.

"Digging?" She asks puzzledly...

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 05:09 PM
Strahd nods. Yes, digging. He really doesn't see where the confusions coming from, it's a simple enough question.

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 05:16 PM
Strahd nods. Yes, digging. He really doesn't see where the confusions coming from, it's a simple enough question.

"I guess i'm okay at it... Why?" She asks.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 05:35 PM
"Need some help digging something up. Is Strahd's reply, obviously evading the question.

Yeah.... Something tells me that whatever this is, it's not a good idea.

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 05:56 PM
Is Strahd's reply, obviously evading the question.

Yeah.... Something tells me that whatever this is, it's not a good idea.

"Digging WHAT up?"

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 06:09 PM
Yeah, that's one question Strahd isn't too keen to answer. This sort of thing was fairly normal where he's from, but as he soon figured out, most people here tend to get slightly angry about it.

"Can you keep a secret if I bribe you with food?"

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 06:12 PM
Yeah, that's one question Strahd isn't too keen to answer. This sort of thing was fairly normal where he's from, but as he soon figured out, most people here tend to get slightly angry about it.

She grins wickedly....

"Maybe something a little more SATISFYING than Food.."

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 06:20 PM
Well, that just gets a rather confused look from Strahd, who as one might imagine is pretty much one hundred percent clueless about this sorta thing. Wouldn't recognize an innuendo if it danced naked in front of him, so to speak.

He even takes the time to transcribe a confused "Er...?"

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 06:25 PM
Well, that just gets a rather confused look from Strahd, who as one might imagine is pretty much one hundred percent clueless about this sorta thing. Wouldn't recognize an innuendo if it danced naked in front of him, so to speak.

He even takes the time to transcribe a confused "Er...?"

The Wolfess strides Closer, Grinning.

"How 'bout you and me have some Alone Time." She whispers Seductively into his Ear...

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 06:43 PM
Well, that's blunt enough that even Strahd gets the hint, blushing furiously as he quickly backs away from Ashtrek. Now he really wishes he could talk, but as it is he has to settle for shaking his head furiously, attempting to convey how much he's not interested. Even if Ash wasn't a giant wolf thing, he's hardly one for, ahem, such casual affairs.

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 06:50 PM
Well, that's blunt enough that even Strahd gets the hint, blushing furiously as he quickly backs away from Ashtrek. Now he really wishes he could talk, but as it is he has to settle for shaking his head furiously, attempting to convey how much he's not interested. Even if Ash wasn't a giant wolf thing, he's hardly one for, ahem, such casual affairs.

"It's becuase i'm a Wolf, Isn't it?" She asks.

"Oh Well, guess that means i'll take the Food."

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 08:16 PM
Strahd continues shaking his head, still blushing. There are plenty of reasons why he doesn't want to sleep with her, the fact that she's some sort of terrifying werewolf is only, like, number eight on the list. Tossing a couple strips of bacon onto the stove, he finally gets around to explaining what they'll be digging up.

"For various reasons, I kinda need a reasonably fresh human heart, so... I need to dig up a grave."

Whoo boy, can anyone say Frankenlasagna?

Chezmarine
2012-01-16, 08:39 PM
Strahd continues shaking his head, still blushing. There are plenty of reasons why he doesn't want to sleep with her, the fact that she's some sort of terrifying werewolf is only, like, number eight on the list. Tossing a couple strips of bacon onto the stove, he finally gets around to explaining what they'll be digging up.

Whoo boy, can anyone say Frankenlasagna?

(And what are the other 7?:smalltongue:)

"For Foods?" She asks.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-16, 09:29 PM
7. He doesn't date women taller than him, which is pretty much all of them
6. He's not sure how that would even work, what with his clunky metal legs
5. Ashtrek scares the heck outta him
4. He isn't dating at the moment
3. He doesn't date co-workers
2. He knows absolutely nothing about Ashtrek except that she's scary, taller than him and a co-worker.
1. But most importantly, he doesn't have time to sleep around, he's got work to do!

"No, an experiment project. You'll see. You'll all see!"

Chezmarine
2012-01-17, 05:53 PM
7. He doesn't date women taller than him, which is pretty much all of them
6. He's not sure how that would even work, what with his clunky metal legs
5. Ashtrek scares the heck outta him
4. He isn't dating at the moment
3. He doesn't date co-workers
2. He knows absolutely nothing about Ashtrek except that she's scary, taller than him and a co-worker.
1. But most importantly, he doesn't have time to sleep around, he's got work to do!

"Are you making a Cyborg?" She asks.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-17, 09:44 PM
A shake of the head, another "no", the smell of bacon filling the kitchen as the strips of meat sizzle on the pan.

"Golem."

happyturtle
2012-01-17, 11:16 PM
((Don't forget the [Nexus] tag, Mindfreak :smallsmile:))

Chas the mage
2012-01-18, 12:38 AM
He thinks, downs another drink, "true as well!" he replies.

Chezmarine
2012-01-18, 04:16 PM
A shake of the head, another "no", the smell of bacon filling the kitchen as the strips of meat sizzle on the pan.

"Same thing." She says.

Why? Becuase to her, A Golem is nothing but a Magic Jewish Robot. :smalltongue:

Zefir
2012-01-19, 02:11 AM
Fade hit's the air mumbeling a curse for only OOC posts in an IC thread:smallbiggrin:. Then he heads back for the elf.

"Is there anything else you want to talk about?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-19, 09:27 PM
[Outside DFI]

Far above the hills holding the DFI, a ship returns. It's been gone for a long time, far longer than it should; those who sent it have long since given it up for lost.

Unfortunately, it came back too close to the Nexus's gravity well; the pilot has barely enough control to guide it into a nearby hill, rather than flattening the inn.

When it hits, there's the amount of noise one would expect from such an impact, namely, a lot.

Perhaps an hour later, a pale woman with short, blackish-brown hair, wearing a tough-looking, though somewhat battered uniform, enters. Her right eye is green - but whether the left matched it is impossible to tell, as it's been replaced by a small clockface.

Chas the mage
2012-01-20, 01:17 AM
"not in particular," he responds, and then turns to see the woman entering.

Zefir
2012-01-20, 02:08 AM
"Well then, my shift is over now. I need to get privt things done."

He puts down the glass he cleaned and throws the money into the cash box, well all that not count as tip. Then he heads backwards, not seeing Naku he starts a spell. The message he gives now should reach every person of the personal in the inn.

"My shift is over and I leave now. Bye until tomorrow."

And then he tends to leave.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-20, 02:20 AM
((I'm back!))

[Outside]

A pair of rather unlikely companions wandered around, looking rather weary.

"Just great. I start with trying to learn magic from a half-crazy animal-girl half my age, and somehow end up going through a portal and lost in some other dimension..." The woman... No, wait, the man in dark blue robes shook his head.

"Your 'half-crazy animal-girl' is most of the reason you're still alive, Xalicus," replied Kyinde. "The rest of it is the universe's desire to play with you, which it would be unable to do if it managed to kill you."

"I know. But right now, all I really want is a quiet place to do some studying without something trying to eat me out of nowhere. Is that too much to ask?"

~

Eventually, they spotted the Inn. "This looks like a good place," said Kyinde cheerfully.

"Indeed. It's certain to have either some peace and quiet, or a good drink, and I'll need one of those shortly... Hold on." Xalicus looked her over. "Are you even allowed there?"

"Why not? Do you think I'm too clumsy to dance or something?"

"That's not what I meant. You're underage."

"I'm probably older than you are."

"You sure don't look it."

"That's just because you age so fast. Anyway, what's the problem? I won't cause trouble or anything."

"I... kind of doubt that, from what I know of you."

"You don't know that much about me."

"We first met when you challenged me to a duel for absolutely no reason."

"And because of that, you think I'll do something reckless in an inn?"

"...Let's just go."

And so, the wizard and the young foxling headed inside to check the place out, the latter somewhat more eagerly.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-20, 06:03 AM
Hornet 61 offers the man at the bar a tentative smile, hoping he won't react badly to her... unusual... appearance, and starts to move towards him. Which, fortunately, puts her out of the way of the doors when Xalicus and Kyinde enter.

And, speaking of the pair, they get a wave and a grin from Fear, who's a tall female Tiefling, with straight horns and pale red skin, and would be fairly pretty if she weren't half starved, when they come in. Not that she's ever met them; she's simply quite friendly.

Chas the mage
2012-01-20, 05:56 PM
he returns the smile, albeit vaguely drunk, and he doesn't seem to think twice about the appearance. The man is an elf with a bit of facial stubble, wearing a rather old looking shirt and jeans along with a pair of sneakers; and has the scent of sweet cigar smoke and alcohol upon him.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-20, 07:30 PM
The battered former human sits down next to him, looking relieved.

"Hello... This is the Nexus, right?"

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-20, 07:50 PM
And, speaking of the pair, they get a wave and a grin from Fear, who's a tall female Tiefling, with straight horns and pale red skin, and would be fairly pretty if she weren't half starved, when they come in. Not that she's ever met them; she's simply quite friendly.

Xalicus was grateful to see that there was at least one seemingly friendly face in here. He headed over immediately, followed by Kyinde. "I hope you don't mind if we sit with you, but seeing how you greeted us, I don't think you will."

"Hello! I'm Kyinde Crystaltail, and I'm here with my student Xalicus."

"I'm not exactly your student."

"Really? I think I'm the one teaching you magic right now." Kyinde gave him a grin, then turned back to Fear. "Things have been interesting for us lately. How about you? Anything exciting happen to you recently?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-20, 08:10 PM
Xalicus was grateful to see that there was at least one seemingly friendly face in here. He headed over immediately, followed by Kyinde. "I hope you don't mind if we sit with you, but seeing how you greeted us, I don't think you will."

"Hello! I'm Kyinde Crystaltail, and I'm here with my student Xalicus."

"I'm not exactly your student."

"Really? I think I'm the one teaching you magic right now." Kyinde gave him a grin, then turned back to Fear. "Things have been interesting for us lately. How about you? Anything exciting happen to you recently?"

"Nah, I don't mind the company. And does being transported here, nearly arrested but sent to get a job instead, and then meeting a hyper-friendly vampire and going down to the Cities Below and the Floating Market with her count?"

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-20, 09:27 PM
"Nah, I don't mind the company. And does being transported here, nearly arrested but sent to get a job instead, and then meeting a hyper-friendly vampire and going down to the Cities Below and the Floating Market with her count?"

"I guess, if what happened to me counts. I ended up wandering into this place, got attacked several times for no reason, ran into nightmare after nightmare just looking for places to learn spells, ended up allying with one of those who I mentioned attacking me for no reason, fell into an interdimensional rift..." Xalicus sighed.

"I guess that's what normal's like around here, then. I like it."

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-20, 09:53 PM
"I guess, if what happened to me counts. I ended up wandering into this place, got attacked several times for no reason, ran into nightmare after nightmare just looking for places to learn spells, ended up allying with one of those who I mentioned attacking me for no reason, fell into an interdimensional rift..." Xalicus sighed.

"I guess that's what normal's like around here, then. I like it."

Fear nods, grinning at them.

"Yep, that's about standard. And I definitely agree it can be pretty fun. What about you, Kyinde? You've got to have a story too."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-21, 12:22 AM
Fear nods, grinning at them.

"Yep, that's about standard. And I definitely agree it can be pretty fun. What about you, Kyinde? You've got to have a story too."

"Well, to start with, she was one of the things that attacked me for no good reason."

"I did have a reason. It just doesn't make sense in your way of thinking." Kyinde casually fiddled with the charm on her neck. "Anyway, after a bit of sparring with his escort, I went on, caught some troublemakers attacking innocents, was convinced to let them escape so I could track them down later, was nearly caught in a trap meant for someone else, escaped, and joined forces with Xalicus to try to deal with some of the evil around here. And that's all he hasn't covered."

"And that's the story of how I ended up being a student of a girl less than two-thirds my age."

"Actually..."

"I know, I know. Different-length lifespans."

"Anyway, I've seen a lot of evil in this place, but that's also sort of a good thing. Without evil, there's not as much for good to do. Wouldn't you agree?"

Chas the mage
2012-01-21, 01:27 AM
The battered former human sits down next to him, looking relieved.

"Hello... This is the Nexus, right?"

"oh yeah it is," he replies with a nod. he continues, with his deep voice, "care for a drink?"

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-21, 01:52 AM
"Same thing." She says.

Why? Becuase to her, A Golem is nothing but a Magic Jewish Robot. :smalltongue:

Shoving the bacon onto a plate, Strahd hands the now freshly cooked, crispy pig bits to Ashtrek, wordlessly. Doesn't have much to say.

Chezmarine
2012-01-21, 01:54 AM
Shoving the bacon onto a plate, Strahd hands the now freshly cooked, crispy pig bits to Ashtrek, wordlessly. Doesn't have much to say.

She devours it Mercilessly.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-21, 11:34 PM
"Well, to start with, she was one of the things that attacked me for no good reason."

"I did have a reason. It just doesn't make sense in your way of thinking." Kyinde casually fiddled with the charm on her neck. "Anyway, after a bit of sparring with his escort, I went on, caught some troublemakers attacking innocents, was convinced to let them escape so I could track them down later, was nearly caught in a trap meant for someone else, escaped, and joined forces with Xalicus to try to deal with some of the evil around here. And that's all he hasn't covered."

"And that's the story of how I ended up being a student of a girl less than two-thirds my age."

"Actually..."

"I know, I know. Different-length lifespans."

"Anyway, I've seen a lot of evil in this place, but that's also sort of a good thing. Without evil, there's not as much for good to do. Wouldn't you agree?"

"Generally. Of course, sometimes it can be hard to tell which is which, without knowing why someone did something... Saw plenty of that where I'm from, less of it here. Not to say there's been none. I did some of it myself, in fact."

"oh yeah it is," he replies with a nod. he continues, with his deep voice, "care for a drink?"

She nods, smiling gratefully.

"A drink sounds good. Four or five sounds better, but I'm not going to ask you to pay for more than one. Just don't be surprised if I start looking a bit different. Getting drunk messes with my timesense."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-22, 01:19 AM
"Generally. Of course, sometimes it can be hard to tell which is which, without knowing why someone did something... Saw plenty of that where I'm from, less of it here. Not to say there's been none. I did some of it myself, in fact."

Oh dear. If she means what I think she means... Xalicus reached for his satchel. If their new acquaintance was untrustworthy, or she provoked Kyinde, he wanted to have some kind of defensive wand ready.

"Oh, under the circumstances, it was pretty clear. I like that kind of thing - it's clear who would make things better if they win. However, it can be interesting if there's no bad side at all, too." Kyinde winked.

I guess that's one danger out, and another in. I really hope she doesn't start another duel just for fun.

Chas the mage
2012-01-22, 01:20 AM
He buys a whole fifth of vodka, and then proceeds to say, "'ll buy you somethin' 'n then we can share this," he says, pouring shots. His pupils look rather large. "Now," he continues with a pause, "whats this time sense thing?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-22, 06:23 AM
Oh dear. If she means what I think she means... Xalicus reached for his satchel. If their new acquaintance was untrustworthy, or she provoked Kyinde, he wanted to have some kind of defensive wand ready.

"Oh, under the circumstances, it was pretty clear. I like that kind of thing - it's clear who would make things better if they win. However, it can be interesting if there's no bad side at all, too." Kyinde winked.

I guess that's one danger out, and another in. I really hope she doesn't start another duel just for fun.

Fear's eyes flick to the movement of Xalicus's hand almost as soon as he starts to make it, watching carefully, to make sure he's not planning to attack her. Not that he's given her any reason to think he would, but twenty or so years of having to live on the streets and deal with almost everyone else, at best, chasing you off, and trying to kill you at worst, tends to make one paranoid about things like that.

"True. Not that that happens often; usually even if both the sides, in general, are good - which is pretty rare itself, most of the time you wish they'd just wipe each other out - you'll still end up with people in them that aren't, so the one with more of those ends up being the bad one."

He buys a whole fifth of vodka, and then proceeds to say, "'ll buy you somethin' 'n then we can share this," he says, pouring shots. His pupils look rather large. "Now," he continues with a pause, "whats this time sense thing?"

"How you perceive time passing... Only for me, it also means when I think I am; when I get drunk, I'll pull in pieces of me from the future, or the past,"

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-22, 02:26 PM
Fear's eyes flick to the movement of Xalicus's hand almost as soon as he starts to make it, watching carefully, to make sure he's not planning to attack her. Not that he's given her any reason to think he would, but twenty or so years of having to live on the streets and deal with almost everyone else, at best, chasing you off, and trying to kill you at worst, tends to make one paranoid about things like that.

"True. Not that that happens often; usually even if both the sides, in general, are good - which is pretty rare itself, most of the time you wish they'd just wipe each other out - you'll still end up with people in them that aren't, so the one with more of those ends up being the bad one."

Naturally, Xalicus was at least as paranoid about Fear as she was about him. However, he decided he might as well continue the conversation. "Yes, that is so, but there are good people who do bad things, and bad people who do good things. Morality has many sides. It's not just who you are, but what you do."

"And then there are those who you just don't have any idea about. You think they're good, but it turns out they're bad, and then they realize that they're bad and try to be good... That sort of thing. It's so much more complicated than I'd like."

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-22, 03:35 PM
Naturally, Xalicus was at least as paranoid about Fear as she was about him. However, he decided he might as well continue the conversation. "Yes, that is so, but there are good people who do bad things, and bad people who do good things. Morality has many sides. It's not just who you are, but what you do."

"And then there are those who you just don't have any idea about. You think they're good, but it turns out they're bad, and then they realize that they're bad and try to be good... That sort of thing. It's so much more complicated than I'd like."

Fear nods at Xalicus, shrugging a bit.

"I never said it wasn't," she points out, before turning her attention back to Kyinde. "And yeah, that sort of thing can be a pain. There's a reason I never tried to visit Rhetiz. Well, other than that buying passage was expensive, and it would have been a pain to have had to cart a taster around everywhere"

She laughs, waving an order to her brother.

"Oh, by the way, do either of you want anything?"

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-22, 06:23 PM
Fear nods at Xalicus, shrugging a bit.

"I never said it wasn't," she points out, before turning her attention back to Kyinde. "And yeah, that sort of thing can be a pain. There's a reason I never tried to visit Rhetiz. Well, other than that buying passage was expensive, and it would have been a pain to have had to cart a taster around everywhere"

She laughs, waving an order to her brother.

"Oh, by the way, do either of you want anything?"

"Order? Oh, right. I'll take... some of that curry, bread with cheese, and apple cider, please." Xalicus made sure not to take anything with an asterisk next to it. Some of them were suspiciously placed.

"I'll have roast quail with assorted berries. Oh, and could you bring me an empty glass?"

Xalicus didn't ask what the glass was for, instead turning back to Fear. "So, I'm sorry if I offended you, and I didn't mean to imply that you were ignorant. It's just a wizard thing. We analyse things a lot."

"Is being in a constant state of nervousness also a wizard thing?"

Xalicus sighed. "No, not exactly. It's more of a 'person who's seen things go wrong at every turn' thing."

"And having things go wrong at every turn is a wizard thing." Kyinde grinned. "So, miss... I don't think you ever mentioned your name, but whatever... What's Rhetiz supposed to be like?"

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-22, 08:07 PM
"Order? Oh, right. I'll take... some of that curry, bread with cheese, and apple cider, please." Xalicus made sure not to take anything with an asterisk next to it. Some of them were suspiciously placed.

"I'll have roast quail with assorted berries. Oh, and could you bring me an empty glass?"

Xalicus didn't ask what the glass was for, instead turning back to Fear. "So, I'm sorry if I offended you, and I didn't mean to imply that you were ignorant. It's just a wizard thing. We analyse things a lot."

"Is being in a constant state of nervousness also a wizard thing?"

Xalicus sighed. "No, not exactly. It's more of a 'person who's seen things go wrong at every turn' thing."

"And having things go wrong at every turn is a wizard thing." Kyinde grinned. "So, miss... I don't think you ever mentioned your name, but whatever... What's Rhetiz supposed to be like?"

"It's fine. Though I hadn't realized that things going wrong at every turn was a wizard thing too; I'd thought that was just my brother," Fear says, also grinning. "And I don't think I gave you my name either... I'm Fear. As for Rhetiz, the people there have ten or fifteen layers of bluff and deception up at all times - except for when they're completely truthful and honest, and no way to tell which is which. Also very fond of assassinations, especially ones involving poison."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-22, 10:35 PM
"It's fine. Though I hadn't realized that things going wrong at every turn was a wizard thing too; I'd thought that was just my brother," Fear says, also grinning. "And I don't think I gave you my name either... I'm Fear. As for Rhetiz, the people there have ten or fifteen layers of bluff and deception up at all times - except for when they're completely truthful and honest, and no way to tell which is which. Also very fond of assassinations, especially ones involving poison."

"...Rather interesting name you have, Fear," said Xalicus. He was getting a bad feeling with every new thing he heard.

"That place sounds like the kind of place where you'd go if you wanted someone gotten rid of. Or rather, the kind of place where you'd send someone else if you wanted them gotten rid of. Not really likeable."

Chas the mage
2012-01-23, 12:02 AM
"How you perceive time passing... Only for me, it also means when I think I am; when I get drunk, I'll pull in pieces of me from the future, or the past,"

He raises and eyebrow, and replies with a "whoa." he downs a shot "that sounds like a serious trip, I gotta see this." He seems rather intrigued by the concept.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-23, 10:06 PM
"...Rather interesting name you have, Fear," said Xalicus. He was getting a bad feeling with every new thing he heard.

"That place sounds like the kind of place where you'd go if you wanted someone gotten rid of. Or rather, the kind of place where you'd send someone else if you wanted them gotten rid of. Not really likeable."

"Pretty much. Like I said, there's a reason I never went there. And I suppose that my name is a bit unusual," she says, shrugging. "Still, not like I chose it. It's the same kind of name the rest of my family, and the other Tieflings I know, have."

He raises and eyebrow, and replies with a "whoa." he downs a shot "that sounds like a serious trip, I gotta see this." He seems rather intrigued by the concept.

"Alright," she says, smiling, and starting to concentrate.

After a moment, the hands of the clock in her left eyesocket turn, and an elaborate tattoo, asymetrical, but pretty, appears on her forehead, and her clothes turn to a reddress with gold embroidery.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-24, 12:25 AM
"Pretty much. Like I said, there's a reason I never went there. And I suppose that my name is a bit unusual," she says, shrugging. "Still, not like I chose it. It's the same kind of name the rest of my family, and the other Tieflings I know, have."

"Your family reunions must be exciting."

"I kind of think the name Fear would suit you more, Xalicus." Kyinde smirked.

"It's not fear so much as justifiable paranoia. Besides, I think it means the person with the name gives off fear rather than having it."

"It's open to interpretation, isn't it?"

Mee
2012-01-24, 01:46 AM
With a 'ker-poof!', Kwen and Songdancer should reappear!
Still outside the inn, by 'Dancer's li'l device thingy.

Naku's busy nomming candy. It's hard to tell if she's noticed they're back yet or not.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-24, 04:17 AM
"Your family reunions must be exciting."

"I kind of think the name Fear would suit you more, Xalicus." Kyinde smirked.

"It's not fear so much as justifiable paranoia. Besides, I think it means the person with the name gives off fear rather than having it."

"It's open to interpretation, isn't it?"

"They probably would be, but I'm not usually away from my brothers long enough for reunions to be needed. And it depends. I can give off fear, yes, but I can also make people feel safe, just like Sorrow can make you ecstatic or horribly sad, and Despair can create apathy or hope. And not everyone can do it, either. It requires making a name-weapon; a materialization of part of your identity."

Mindfreak
2012-01-24, 04:52 PM
Songdancer is busy nomming on his own candy.
He's really devouring it!

Chezmarine
2012-01-24, 05:30 PM
With a 'ker-poof!', Kwen and Songdancer should reappear!
Still outside the inn, by 'Dancer's li'l device thingy.

Naku's busy nomming candy. It's hard to tell if she's noticed they're back yet or not.

Ashtrek comes out of the Kitchen and Glares at Naku...

She growls at her...

Mee
2012-01-24, 05:39 PM
Ashtrek comes out of the Kitchen and Glares at Naku...

She growls at her...

Well, Naku was outside, finishing her candy before she gets shoopa-poof'd back to her normal self, but kay . . .

So Naku's now inside! An adorable li'l pony, a half-eaten lollipop hanging from her mouth, as she looks all adorable and stuff~

Needless to say, she looks around, blinking a bit in confusion.
How'd she get here all of a sudden?
And why's Ashtrek growling at her?

All that comes across, however, is a raised eyebrow.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-24, 05:41 PM
Tiny dragon thing shakes off the deadtime the way a dog shakes off water. It stares at the glop of time ooze lying on the floor and puffs a few cotton-ball sized piffs of fire at it.

Then it sets out to explore!

It romps past the people talking about exciting family reunions...

past the snarling giant wolf woman...

past one candy-nomming pony...

past another candy-nomming pony....

and around in a circle again.

Somebody ought to stop it before it gets dizzy and starts hiccuping fire again.

Zefir
2012-01-24, 05:52 PM
Suddendly a gate appears in one of the Inn's corner. The gate appears to be a portal from a much darker realm and offers only a low sight into it. After a moment a person steps out. It's Fade again, but now he wears his normal stuff so no jeany and T- shirt, but still the hood and scarf.
http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/7760/tek4e396746842ae5299061.png
He looks around and, if the little dragon seems to cross his way he will again try to grap his tail.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-24, 06:14 PM
The tail grab works again!

The dragon tries to keep flying, so its long body is stretched out straight horizontally and its wings are flapping furiously to keep it aloft... yet it is going nowhere.

The sight is fairly comical.

Zefir
2012-01-24, 06:20 PM
"You should stop burning down things. Also I still wonder what your doing here."

Again Fade doesn't show off any kind of emotion, but he holds his grap for now.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-24, 06:29 PM
"They probably would be, but I'm not usually away from my brothers long enough for reunions to be needed. And it depends. I can give off fear, yes, but I can also make people feel safe, just like Sorrow can make you ecstatic or horribly sad, and Despair can create apathy or hope. And not everyone can do it, either. It requires making a name-weapon; a materialization of part of your identity."

"A name-weapon? Power tied to what you are known as to others?" Xalicus looked more enthusiastic. "Fascinating. Of course, if you don't have a fitting name, would it still work?"

"Aren't you supposed to have studied that kind of thing, Xalicus? You are a wizard."

"Of course, but I'm only familiar with magic and the like from my world. Here, there's more to learn." He turned back to Fear. "So I take it you've figured out how to use energy inversion to make it helpful as well as harmful. That's good. A lot of magic users where I come from don't even consider that kind of thing. They just see the straightforward uses of their powers, and don't even try to find other ways to work with them. It's a shame, since so much potential use goes to waste, but it gives cleverer people an advantage."

Kyinde looked confused. "Wait. What's this 'energy inversion'?"

"It's a simple, but often overlooked, concept in the arcane arts. Suppose you have magic that can create, say, light, but can't do anything else. What if you tried using it to create a negative amount of light - that is, to remove light? You now have a darkness spell."

"Really? So that means..." Kyinde concentrated on her magic, trying to figure out how to pull this off, and eventually managed to make a small flame burst from her paw. "Aha!"

Xalicus had a feeling this would not end well.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-24, 06:47 PM
"You should stop burning down things. Also I still wonder what your doing here."

Again Fade doesn't show off any kind of emotion, but he holds his grap for now.

The tiny dragon realizes it is being spoken to. It stops flapping its wings and promptly drops like a rock until it is stopped by Fade's firm grip on its tail. The dragon-thing swings back and forth like a pendulum with the leftover momentum from its flight.

It turns its head around to look at Fade upside-down. It flicks its tongue in and out. Perhaps it means something in draconic... or perhaps it is blowing raspberries at Fade.

Zefir
2012-01-24, 07:11 PM
Fade suddenly opens his grap.

"I think you got what I asked you for."

((And the fact that his player falls into deadtime))

LadyOfWar
2012-01-24, 07:25 PM
When Fade suddenly lets go the little thing has no time to react... and falls right on its head.

It squeeks in great fury! And walks off stamping its little feet in anger.

The Alexandrian
2012-01-24, 07:35 PM
[Main Room]

The Clarissas shake their heads softly from left to right and laugh gleefully...and sinisterly (in unison)!

"Dave, Dave, Dave. After a few centuries of living among people who don't exactly like you and would rather entirely isolate you from their society than accept you, you learn not to put up with it anymore. I absorbed a couple powerful leaders of hell, snapped the backs of the rest, thus bending them to my will and leaving them hunched over, literally without the strength to oppose me, and then I basically enslaved whoever or whatever I wanted in my dear hell. That's how I rule and roll."

The Clarissas gulp down a few glasses of hard apple cider whole! Mmm! Glass! Crunchy, shatter-y, and an integral part of a balanced diet!

The alcohol might take its toll on Clarissa in short order. Despite her intense poison tolerance, alcohol's effects still influence her actions and moods grandly.

Possibly even more so than they alter other beings...

[Trium and Spec's Room]

Spec's sternum is painted upon! She's being decorated and spruced up! She's going to have to invest some serious cash in packing her wardrobe full of suitably impressive raiment to match!

Spec wordlessly, and rapidly, moves to attempt to kiss Trium on the lips again! That's the proper response to such devotion, right? Right?

And to think, these two literally just met in Nexus time. Shall love flourish or fail them in the future?

Chezmarine
2012-01-24, 07:41 PM
Well, Naku was outside, finishing her candy before she gets shoopa-poof'd back to her normal self, but kay . . .

So Naku's now inside! An adorable li'l pony, a half-eaten lollipop hanging from her mouth, as she looks all adorable and stuff~

Needless to say, she looks around, blinking a bit in confusion.
How'd she get here all of a sudden?
And why's Ashtrek growling at her?

All that comes across, however, is a raised eyebrow.

Ashtrek's ears flatten back and she bares her teeth.

Mindfreak
2012-01-24, 07:45 PM
The Wacky Adventures of Clarissa and Daaaaaaaave!(Featuring Becky!)
"That makes sense."
Then Dave looks at his drink, the most alcoholic drink on the menu.
He then started to chug it.
Thankfully he has a good alcohol tolerance.
"I have a very good alcohol tolerance." :smallwink:
And then he passed out.
Only to come to a couple seconds later.
"Whenever I drink poison or alcohol now, the alcohol or poison goes to my eyes and I can shoot it out."
"It's...gotten to be a problem..."

Mee
2012-01-24, 08:57 PM

Naku sighs slightly.
"Yes, Ashtrek? Can I help you?"

Mindfreak
2012-01-24, 09:23 PM
"Yeah Ashtrek, why are you acting so hostile? What happened in the couple hours that we were in Equestria for?":smallconfused:
Songdancer is very confused.

Zefir
2012-01-25, 05:11 AM
When Fade suddenly lets go the little thing has no time to react... and falls right on its head.

It squeeks in great fury! And walks off stamping its little feet in anger.

Fade doesn't react in any way to this and just goes over to the bar. As he sees the two ponys the heads to Songdancer.

"Hey Songdancer, where is Naku? Haven't seen her around for a while now."

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-25, 09:32 AM
[Main Room]

Fear thinks for a bit about Xalicus's questions. Needless to say, this is done
thoughtfully. :smalltongue:

"Well, it doesn't have to be your name, though that is easiest. As for how it's done, I think it's just that it gives me control over fear, so I can remove it or create it, but Torment's the mage, not me."

[Main Room, Not Fear]

It's a good thing that Dave has those. The strongest drink on the menu is somewhat daunting, even to those species normally only mildly affected by such things.

Part of which, admittedly, is simply its appearance; it's green, smokes, spews vivid blue bubbles that appear to be almost unbreakable, judging by the fact that it's spitting them hard enough to leave dings in the ceiling but they're bouncing off unharmed, and then rolling away across the floor, and moves on its own, as well as the undeniable sense one gets, if you look into it, that it's looking back at you.

The other part is that it's incredibly strong, has magical effects in it to allow undead, vampires, etc., to get drunk from it - though that probably won't affect Dave's ability to suck the alcohol to his eyes -, and has a nasty tendency to leave anyone and anything that drinks it with a horrible hangover the next morning.

[Trium and Spec's Room]

Trium's... Not exactly human. Close, but not quite. Among other things, like lifespan, her kind has a tendency to fall in love more easily, and be less likely to stop being that way. When you live as long as she does, it's almost certain that the person or persons you're in love with will die before you, and it helps to be able to find someone else fairly easily, and not be likely to be split off from them by the past.

In any case, judging by the fact that the immortal is quite willing to return Spec's kiss, lovingly and lingeringly, it seems that that is indeed the right response to her promise.

Chezmarine
2012-01-26, 05:09 PM
"Yeah Ashtrek, why are you acting so hostile? What happened in the couple hours that we were in Equestria for?":smallconfused:
Songdancer is very confused.

Naku sighs slightly.
"Yes, Ashtrek? Can I help you?"

She growls some more, advancing on Naku...

Her Collar should be Visible now...

Mindfreak
2012-01-26, 05:19 PM

Songdancer sighed.
"My Celestia, Ashtrek, we were gone for three hours tops for trick or treating during Nightmare night, why the heck are you acting mean?"
((Chez, remember: No fighting in DFI))

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-26, 05:25 PM
Fear thinks for a bit about Xalicus's questions. Needless to say, this is done thoughtfully. :smalltongue:

"Well, it doesn't have to be your name, though that is easiest. As for how it's done, I think it's just that it gives me control over fear, so I can remove it or create it, but Torment's the mage, not me."

"I see. So it can be a pseudonym as well. I'll have to find this 'Torment' sometime and ask him more." Xalicus now looked less nervous and more intrigued.

Kyinde heard growling. "Hold on a minute. I think there's something for me to deal with here." With that, she darted off.

"Oh, great. She'd better not make the place burn down or anything."

A small foxling stepped in the way, an ice-coated sword in one paw and small flames coming from the other.

"Excuse me, but if you're interested in attacking, why not pick on someone willing?" Kyinde smiled. "I don't approve of picking on the weak. If you make any more aggressive motions toward that little horse, I'll challenge you to an official duel outside. Got that?"

Zefir
2012-01-26, 05:34 PM
A small foxling stepped in the way, an ice-coated sword in one paw and small flames coming from the other.

"Excuse me, but if you're interested in attacking, why not pick on someone willing?" Kyinde smiled. "I don't approve of picking on the weak. If you make any more aggressive motions toward that little horse, I'll challenge you to an official duel outside. Got that?"
A tall man will appear next to the foxling. There isn't any weapon or such which maybe a threat for her.

"I don't think it's a wise choice to disrup a discussion between stuff members and I have to give you a warning for drawing your weapons in here."

Chezmarine
2012-01-26, 05:36 PM
Chez comes out and looks at Ashtrek...

"Did Naku travel between planes any time recently?" He asks.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-26, 05:38 PM
A tall man will appear next to the foxling. There isn't any weapon or such which maybe a threat for her.

"I don't think it's a wise choice to disrup a discussion between stuff members and I have to give you a warning for drawing your weapons in here."

Kyinde put the sword away, but stayed put. "If something bad happens here, I'd rather it happen to me."

Zefir
2012-01-26, 05:44 PM
"I don't think that this would be needed. Your a visitor of this inn and you shouldn't be involved in any kind of fight. Well that's the rule here in the Dancing Fox inn."

Fade will go closer trying to force the foxling back to her/his? table.

Mindfreak
2012-01-26, 05:47 PM
Chez comes out and looks at Ashtrek...

"Did Naku travel between planes any time recently?" He asks.
"No. We simply traveled to my homeworld, Equestria, for some trick or treating since it was Nightmare Night via instantanous pulled of light that may have used a few worm holes to get us there faster." said Songdancer, shaking his head.
"Also, who the heck are you?"
((Gonna wait for Mee now))

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-26, 05:56 PM

While Ashtrek's busy mutilating the plate of bacon, Strahd foolishly stops keeping an eye on the crazy wolf-lady for a moment in order to begin writing something down, an outline of his plan... Which, unfortunately, takes him a rather long time to write.

Needless to say, by the time he finishes and looks up from the complicated tangle of sketches and diagrams, Ash is gone and he can hear growling coming from outside the kitchen. "****!" Strahd thinks to himself, facepalming as he grabs the plans and rushes out the kitchen door, not recognizing Naku the weird pony-thing Ashtrek is growling at but definitely the general idea of what's going on.

See, now would be a great time to yell some choice insults.

As he can't though, Strahd settles for quickly interposing himself between Ash and her intended target, waving his hands wildly in a generally disapproving manner as he attempts to deliver an angry lecture in pantomime. This, needless to say, looks quite silly.

Mee
2012-01-26, 06:00 PM

It would be, if Naku were looking for it. She's not.
"Yes, Ashtrek. What?"
Naku, needless to say, is fairly mad.

"I appreciate it, really I do, but please don't. This is my problem, and the DFI is supposed to be peaceful for everyone inside.

Besides: I'm not entirely weak."

Chezmarine
2012-01-26, 07:18 PM
"No. We simply traveled to my homeworld, Equestria, for some trick or treating since it was Nightmare Night via instantanous pulled of light that may have used a few worm holes to get us there faster." said Songdancer, shaking his head.
"Also, who the heck are you?"
((Gonna wait for Mee now))

"I'm Ashtrek's Husband... I've been staying here for like, 5 days..." he replies before turning to Naku.

"Did Ashtrek ever have some vie for Dominance with you? One that She Lost?"

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-26, 07:35 PM
Seeing that the situation would probably either calm down by itself or only get worse no matter what happened, Kyinde stepped back. "Sorry about that. It looked troublesome."

Xalicus sighed. "Of all the reckless things to do..."

"I did try to be diplomatic about it."

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-26, 07:46 PM
"I see. So it can be a pseudonym as well. I'll have to find this 'Torment' sometime and ask him more." Xalicus now looked less nervous and more intrigued.

Kyinde heard growling. "Hold on a minute. I think there's something for me to deal with here." With that, she darted off.

"Oh, great. She'd better not make the place burn down or anything."

Fear shakes her head at that, frowning slightly.

"No, it has to be a real part of your identity; a pseudonym won't work. It just doesn't have to be the name-part. And if you want to talk to Torment, I can call him over..."

War, Nether-formed, and thus around fifteen feet tall, with a rather impressive set of fangs, claws, and horns, comes over from a nearby table, looking a bit annoyed.

"Look, drawing weapons isn't against the rules, just threatening someone that's not breaking the rules or using them on people that aren't attacking you, okay? It's great that you're enforcing the rules, but you're being a bit overzealous."

Mee
2012-01-26, 11:18 PM
"I'm Ashtrek's Husband... I've been staying here for like, 5 days..." he replies before turning to Naku.

"Did Ashtrek ever have some vie for Dominance with you? One that She Lost?"

Not entirely sure how they know it's Naku, as she's kind of a pony right now . . .

"Yeah, I guess?
And even so, why is she doing this only to me? There has been plenty of other people that have come in."

Zefir
2012-01-27, 03:36 AM

"No, it has to be a real part of your identity; a pseudonym won't work. It just doesn't have to be the name-part. And if you want to talk to Torment, I can call him over..."

War, Nether-formed, and thus around fifteen feet tall, with a rather impressive set of fangs, claws, and horns, comes over from a nearby table, looking a bit annoyed.

"Look, drawing weapons isn't against the rules, just threatening someone that's not breaking the rules or using them on people that aren't attacking you, okay? It's great that you're enforcing the rules, but you're being a bit overzealous."

Fade as allways shows no real reaction, so he is neither impressed to the 3 times heigher War.

"I don't see a problem here. She did threaten a stuff member and for that I think a warning is allright."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-27, 03:52 AM

"I guess that makes sense. It's closer to the magic I know than I thought, then. And yes, I'd probably like to talk to him."

Fade as allways shows no real reaction, so he is neither impressed to the 3 times heigher War.

"I don't see a problem here. She did threaten a stuff member and for that I think a warning is allright."

Kyinde turned back, looking somewhat miffed. "Your 'staff member' was threatening someone else, and you didn't warn her, did you? If that's the way it's done here, I'd like to ask if there's any spots open for dancers."

Zefir
2012-01-27, 03:56 AM
"They are as far as I see both stuff member. It's not my job to watch after the stuff member, that's Naku the owner of this Inn's job."

Welll Fade seems to see the other pony not as Naku, more as another bard.

Lady Serpentine
2012-01-27, 04:50 AM

"I guess that makes sense. It's closer to the magic I know than I thought, then. And yes, I'd probably like to talk to him."

Kyinde turned back, looking somewhat miffed. "Your 'staff member' was threatening someone else, and you didn't warn her, did you? If that's the way it's done here, I'd like to ask if there's any spots open for dancers."

Fear nods, and places a hand on one of her name-blades, which starts to glow softly; a moment later, her brother, who looks, pretty much, like a male version of her, and is carrying a staff made of human bones, with a central shaft of vertebrae, which is surrounded by a cage of finger bones.

"Fear said you wanted to talk to me?"

"They are as far as I see both stuff member. It's not my job to watch after the stuff member, that's Naku the owner of this Inn's job."

"I don't remember Naku hiring two pony-things, just Songdancer... So, yeah, warning Ashtrek would be good," War says, before turning to Kyinde. "And if you're actually looking for a job, there might be. You'd have to talk to Naku when she gets back from wherever it is she's gone."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-27, 05:17 AM
Fear nods, and places a hand on one of her name-blades, which starts to glow softly; a moment later, her brother, who looks, pretty much, like a male version of her, and is carrying a staff made of human bones, with a central shaft of vertebrae, which is surrounded by a cage of finger bones.

"Fear said you wanted to talk to me?"

Xalicus hesitated slightly before his researcher side kicked in again. "...Yes. I was curious about the kind of magic you have where you come from, and the differences between it and the magic I know. In particular, I'd like to know about the workings of name-weapons."

"And will you actually bother to report this to her, or is she supposed to find out on her own? Like, when she has to clean up some red stains around the door? When there's trouble, someone has to deal with it, but you chose instead to deal with someone trying to deal with it. Great job. Naku will be impressed."

Kyinde wasn't aware of whether or not sarcasm was against the rules, but if it was, she'd soon be kicked out.

"I don't remember Naku hiring two pony-things, just Songdancer... So, yeah, warning Ashtrek would be good," War says, before turning to Kyinde. "And if you're actually looking for a job, there might be. You'd have to talk to Naku when she gets back from wherever it is she's gone."

"I was kind of joking there, but only kind of. It would be fitting, I guess, and I haven't got any other actual job. Of course, if it's constant work, that could cause trouble..." Kyinde considered carefully. "I need to know what positions are available, and how much time off they allow."

Zefir
2012-01-27, 05:30 AM

"Well maybe she hired it while she was away. After all I will deal with that as well."

Suddendly Fades shadow animates next to him. It's a perfect copy of him only that it is colored in grey/black. Sadly the only non grey/black parts on Fqade's current appereance are the eyes.

"And will you actually bother to report this to her, or is she supposed to find out on her own? Like, when she has to clean up some red stains around the door? When there's trouble, someone has to deal with it, but you chose instead to deal with someone trying to deal with it. Great job. Naku will be impressed."

Kyinde wasn't aware of whether or not sarcasm was against the rules, but if it was, she'd soon be kicked out.

Sad for her Fade doesn't know sarcasm.

"I'm not a man who runs after her to tell her. If she appears here I will tell her. And after all your a customor and the fact that I prevent you getting into any fighting is, as far as I understand it, one of the main goals why here is a non combat rule."

After all he says that with no emotions, so no angry voice.

The shadow version of Fade appears in front of her. His voice has a small echo, but at all sounds like Fade.

"Ashtrek. I don't think it's a wise choice to act hostile against a visitoror new staff member. Count this as a warning."

Chezmarine
2012-01-27, 05:19 PM
Not entirely sure how they know it's Naku, as she's kind of a pony right now . . .

"Yeah, I guess?
And even so, why is she doing this only to me? There has been plenty of other people that have come in."

"She marked you as her Master. You 'abandoned' Her... If only Temporarily.

That means you'll have to wrestle again... She needs to re-establish you as the 'ALPHA'"

And how do they know it's Naku?

Scent and Sound mean more than Form to Thrashians.

Mee
2012-01-27, 05:28 PM
"She marked you as her Master. You 'abandoned' Her... If only Temporarily.

That means you'll have to wrestle again... She needs to re-establish you as the 'ALPHA'"

And how do they know it's Naku?

Scent and Sound mean more than Form to Thrashians.

"Oh, well that's just great.
Well, in that case!"
Naku says, grinning slightly.
"Fine, she can be in charge.
Tada. All is settled."

((Sorry if anyone else wanted Naku's attention, kinda sidetracked, and I prolly just missed it. Please bug me if you tried.))

Mindfreak
2012-01-27, 05:36 PM
"Wait...Naku, are you sure you don't want to rephrase that? 'cause the way you just said it sounded like you made her the owner of DFI." :I
He was kinda freaking out.
He didn't want a Ashtrek run DFI.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-27, 05:46 PM
While Ashtrek's busy mutilating the plate of bacon, Strahd foolishly stops keeping an eye on the crazy wolf-lady for a moment in order to begin writing something down, an outline of his plan... Which, unfortunately, takes him a rather long time to write.

Needless to say, by the time he finishes and looks up from the complicated tangle of sketches and diagrams, Ash is gone and he can hear growling coming from outside the kitchen. "****!" Strahd thinks to himself, facepalming as he grabs the plans and rushes out the kitchen door, not recognizing Naku the weird pony-thing Ashtrek is growling at but definitely the general idea of what's going on.

As he can't though, Strahd settles for quickly interposing himself between Ash and her intended target, waving his hands wildly in a generally disapproving manner as he attempts to deliver an angry lecture in pantomime. This, needless to say, looks quite silly.

This post. It's sorta a thing to which a reply would be appreciated.

Mee
2012-01-27, 05:57 PM

((Kay, thank you.))

"Strahd: It's me. You can step aside, please. I appreciate it, though."
The pony behind him says, smiling slightly.
She's decided! Strahd is good person. Keep him around.

And to Dancer!
"Nope. That's exactly what I mean by what I said.
And it sure did sound like that, didn't it?
Just trust me on this one, please."

LadyOfWar
2012-01-27, 06:01 PM
((I have a post in Riverside that is the sort of thing to which a reply would be appreciated Third Emperor :smallbiggrin: Yes, Yes I AM an annoying person. How ever could you tell? :smalltongue:
<.<
>.>
*whispers* unless I missed your post again... I do that a lot.))

The tiny dragon is still here. It settles in at an empty table to watch the rapidly unfolding saga of the two giant wolves, the two cutesie ponies, the shadow man and the bionic legs dude.

All it needs is a bowl of popcorn to munch on and this would be better than a day at the movies.

Mindfreak
2012-01-27, 06:02 PM
Songdancer's face turned into a frown.
"Then...I don't think I can work here anymore."
"I'm sure as heck not working for a sex-crazed, violent, crazy wolf.":smallannoyed:
((Still not particularly happy with your plan Mee...but okay))

Chezmarine
2012-01-27, 11:54 PM
"I'm sure as heck not working for a sex-crazed, violent, crazy wolf.":smallannoyed:

"Hey, am I Running the DFI now?" Chez asked.

Ashtrek isn't as Violent or Crazy...

He then Turns to Naku...

"Ahem... The Collar is a Sign of Submission. Either you need to take hers off and wear it, or Win whatever kind of Cat fight you had earlier."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 12:14 AM

"Well..." This did open an opportunity for Kyinde, but she was smart enough to know that Songdancer was quitting for a good reason, even if she didn't quite know the one who was taking over.

He then Turns to Naku...

"Ahem... The Collar is a Sign of Submission. Either you need to take hers off and wear it, or Win whatever kind of Cat fight you had earlier."

Kyinde thought for a moment before getting an idea. "No. You're not the one with the leadership dispute, so you're not using her to take power for yourself. You'll have to fight too, and not against Naku. You have to fight against the one who challenged her. It's only fair, after all."

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-28, 01:48 AM
Oh no... This is not happening. Some crazy talking pony thing that claims to be Naku is not giving away the DFI to Ashtrek on Strahd's watch. In fact, Strahd very much prefers to think that this is all some sort of crazy hallucination brought on by bacon fumes and lack of sleep, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to object. Strenuously.

And silently.:smalltongue:

Really, it's mostly just more of him waving his hands about and looking generally annoyed about this whole deal.

Zefir
2012-01-28, 03:51 AM
"Well maybe she hired it while she was away. After all I will deal with that as well."

Suddendly Fades shadow animates next to him. It's a perfect copy of him only that it is colored in grey/black. Sadly the only non grey/black parts on Fqade's current appereance are the eyes.

Sad for her Fade doesn't know sarcasm.

"I'm not a man who runs after her to tell her. If she appears here I will tell her. And after all your a customor and the fact that I prevent you getting into any fighting is, as far as I understand it, one of the main goals why here is a non combat rule."

After all he says that with no emotions, so no angry voice.

The shadow version of Fade appears in front of her. His voice has a small echo, but at all sounds like Fade.

"Ashtrek. I don't think it's a wise choice to act hostile against a visitoror new staff member. Count this as a warning."

((Chez you missed that especially the last part. Also why is Chez telling he runs the DFI? Think this whole thing goes between Ash and Naku?))

As Kyinde speaks up Fade just looks at the szene.

"I don't really see where the problem is. The fox woman isn't that strong. But I still wonder why she seem to see Naku in this pony. After all it still isn't Naku."

Mee
2012-01-28, 06:05 AM

He then Turns to Naku...

"And how did YOU enter the conversation?"
Naku asks, raising a fairly mega-serious eyebrow at Chez.
"But no.
I'm not wearing it. End of story. I'm not wearing it, and I'm not fighting her every time I decide to take off for even a few hours.
I'm tired of this: Ashtrek, I have put up with this from you for this long, and now, after you've nearly caused more fights than you've avoided, after several arguments with me about, well, most everything, and after you've scared people away: I have to ask you to either stop, or I'm going to have to fire you."

Oh no... This is not happening. Some crazy talking pony thing that claims to be Naku is not giving away the DFI to Ashtrek on Strahd's watch. In fact, Strahd very much prefers to think that this is all some sort of crazy hallucination brought on by bacon fumes and lack of sleep, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to object. Strenuously.

And silently.:smalltongue:

Really, it's mostly just more of him waving his hands about and looking generally annoyed about this whole deal.

Well, Naku's original plan was to deal with all this from Ashtrek, then ask for ownership back afterwards, so Ashtrek didn't get it (as it's not Naku's at the moment), but that sorta got shot painfully.

"Seriously, Strahd. It's me. 'Dancer shoopapoof'd me, I'll be back to myself soon. Promise."
This goes for Fade, too.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 07:31 AM
Songdancer looks confused.
"Wait...if that means Naku will be owning DFI still...then my quitting is null and void..."
He then walks out of the inn and comes back in with what looks like that water hose that's on sinks in his mouth. Its long tube being connected to the tube device.
"Supapoof!" he said with a big grin, chomping down on the water hose device, causing it to shoot out a rainbow in the direction of Naku.
This should turn her back human, with her clothes.
And then Somgdancer points it at himself!
"Supapoof!"
Songdancer becomes human! He has short jet black hair that's cropped nicely, tan skin, and blue eyes. He's Caucasian in race, and a hot one at that. He stands at 5'10", weighing 160 pounds, but it's obvious that a good bit of that is muscle. His cloths currently consist of a black t-shirt, black jeans, and a necklace with a pewter note on it, exactly similar to the one he had for a cutie mark.

Zefir
2012-01-28, 10:55 AM
Since it sin't sure if Naku get's transformed or not Fade looks at the pony that just spoke up.

"So, you little horse thing are Naku? I don't really belive that."

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 01:28 PM
:smallconfused: (Chez is NOT running the DFI. He was making a Joke about the "Sex Crazed, Violent, Crazy Wolf" Running the DFI. Ashtrek isn't Crazy, or Necessarily Violent, so Chez assumes they're referring to him.)

"No, No, No. This sort of thing only happens when you leave whatever plane she is on for another Plane of Existence without telling her you'll be gone." He says...

He hands Naku a rolled up newspaper.

"Here. Bop her on the Nose with it and call her a 'Bad Wolf'."

Mee
2012-01-28, 03:56 PM
Since it sin't sure if Naku get's transformed or not Fade looks at the pony that just spoke up.

"So, you little horse thing are Naku? I don't really belive that."

Well he should! As the Little Horse thing DOES turn back into Naku!
Though she now/still (depending on the last time he saw her), has a small mark of a note on her left cheek.

:smallconfused: (Chez is NOT running the DFI. He was making a Joke about the "Sex Crazed, Violent, Crazy Wolf" Running the DFI. Ashtrek isn't Crazy, or Necessarily Violent, so Chez assumes they're referring to him.)

"No, No, No. This sort of thing only happens when you leave whatever plane she is on for another Plane of Existence without telling her you'll be gone." He says...

He hands Naku a rolled up newspaper.

"Here. Bop her on the Nose with it and call her a 'Bad Wolf'."

"Chez. I'm not talking to you. And I'm not going to 'bop her on the nose'.
I'm not able to be down here all the time, keeping an eagle eye on her to stop her from threatening people."
Then she turns back to Ashtrek.
Oh, and she slapped away the offered newspaper.
"So you, can either stop threatening people, and arguing with me if I so much as leave for a few hours, or you can leave.

And YOU!"
She says, spinning to face 'Dancer.
"Are really hot. So stay there for a bit!"
Because, you see, she has to finish this first.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 07:15 PM
It should be noted that the note on her cheek looks like Songdancer's cutie mark.

Songdancer is at first jumping away in surprise at Naku's going: "And YOU!"
And then she calls him hot.
At which he gets a goofy smile.
It seems he has turned into a human already before...which is why he isn't falling because of the whole: two legs thing.

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 07:17 PM
"Chez. I'm not talking to you. And I'm not going to 'bop her on the nose'.
I'm not able to be down here all the time, keeping an eagle eye on her to stop her from threatening people."
Then she turns back to Ashtrek.
Oh, and she slapped away the offered newspaper.
[COLOR="Indigo"]"So you, can either stop threatening people, and arguing with me if I so much as leave for a few hours, or you can leave.

"Well, She's not going to Talk to you... All I'm saying is that you need to Tell her Goodbye when you're Leaving... She doesn't mean harm... She's simply doing what she's hardwired to do... Ashtrek marked you as her Master... I assume she's a little hurt that you left with out telling her Goodbye... And in our species, pain turns into Aggression."

((:smalleek: Also, if Ashtrek Get's Fired, i'll need to Change my Icon... :smallannoyed:))

The Bushranger
2012-01-28, 07:32 PM
[Main Room]

The Clarissas shake their heads softly from left to right and laugh gleefully...and sinisterly (in unison)!

"Dave, Dave, Dave. After a few centuries of living among people who don't exactly like you and would rather entirely isolate you from their society than accept you, you learn not to put up with it anymore. I absorbed a couple powerful leaders of hell, snapped the backs of the rest, thus bending them to my will and leaving them hunched over, literally without the strength to oppose me, and then I basically enslaved whoever or whatever I wanted in my dear hell. That's how I rule and roll."

The Clarissas gulp down a few glasses of hard apple cider whole! Mmm! Glass! Crunchy, shatter-y, and an integral part of a balanced diet!

The alcohol might take its toll on Clarissa in short order. Despite her intense poison tolerance, alcohol's effects still influence her actions and moods grandly.

Possibly even more so than they alter other beings...

"That makes sense."
Then Dave looks at his drink, the most alcoholic drink on the menu.
He then started to chug it.
Thankfully he has a good alcohol tolerance.
"I have a very good alcohol tolerance." :smallwink:
And then he passed out.
Only to come to a couple seconds later.
"Whenever I drink poison or alcohol now, the alcohol or poison goes to my eyes and I can shoot it out."
"It's...gotten to be a problem..."

Becky, meanwhile, gulps down her own drink, chuckling and shaking her head at the antics of her companions!

Mee
2012-01-28, 07:39 PM
"Well, She's not going to Talk to you... All I'm saying is that you need to Tell her Goodbye when you're Leaving... She doesn't mean harm... She's simply doing what she's hardwired to do... Ashtrek marked you as her Master... I assume she's a little hurt that you left with out telling her Goodbye... And in our species, pain turns into Aggression."

((:smalleek: Also, if Ashtrek Get's Fired, i'll need to Change my Icon... :smallannoyed:))

"Doesn't really matter. What does matter, is that even when I'm here she's threatening customers; she's scared at least 2 people away; and that's not what people working here do!"
Naku is getting fairly upset with all of this.
"And sure, so she's hurt a bit. I'm upset at the loss of people here, and having to argue with her, and I'm tired of it!"

Uuuuuh oh.
Those last three words are said in a voice that's . . . well, not what her voice usually is.
And her eyes are glowing red!
And her fangs are pointier!
And stuff!

LadyOfWar
2012-01-28, 07:47 PM
The sight of ***ANGRY NAKU**** (with fangs and stuff) makes the little dragon back away to the far edge of the table it is watching from. Its eyes are wide, and it looks from one participant in this argument to the next with bated breath.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-28, 07:48 PM
Strahd nods his sage agreement to Naku's little speech, stepping aside just in case the vampire lady decides to fry Ashtrek with a laser beam or somesuch, or vise versa. He's not too concerned with Naku sprouting fangs and glowy eyes of DOOOOM either, thanks to his new magic tricks.

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 07:49 PM
"Doesn't really matter. What does matter, is that even when I'm here she's threatening customers; she's scared at least 2 people away; and that's not what people working here do!"
Naku is getting fairly upset with all of this.
"And sure, so she's hurt a bit. I'm upset at the loss of people here, and having to argue with her, and I'm tired of it!"

Uuuuuh oh.
Those last three words are said in a voice that's . . . well, not what her voice usually is.
And her eyes are glowing red!
And her fangs are pointier!
And stuff!

"Well then. I guess i'll just remove myself from the Premises." Chez grunts.

The Large Lycanthrope walks out the door... And There goes the only person capable of Calming Ashtrek Down...

Ashtrek glares at Naku. "Вы, кто откажется от меня."

Mee
2012-01-28, 07:53 PM
"Well then. I guess i'll just remove myself from the Premises." Chez grunts.

The Large Lycanthrope walks out the door... And There goes the only person capable of Calming Ashtrek Down...

Ashtrek glares at Naku. "Вы, кто откажется от меня."

"So asking you to calm down, is just making it worse?
See, this is why I'm firing you. I'm sorry, and I really don't want to do it, but I really don't have much of a choice in the matter."

The Alexandrian
2012-01-28, 07:55 PM
[Main Room]

Clarissa's ears perk up upon hearing Dave complain about a biological function! She can fix that! She a superb flesh bender! She can basically change people into whatever form she wants! Hence her screaming cushion of evil comfortableness! Her eyes light up in excitement!

"I can fix your eyes, Dave! I'll need to operate on them somewhere else, though, 'cause the people here might not appreciate the tentacles hooking up to your irises here. It could be interpreted as a violent I'a Cthulhu-ish assault or something."

"..."

"Oh, they won't mind!" :smallbiggrin:

The Clarissa nearest Dave begins to attempt to bring her hands up to Dave's face as her fingers elongate into astoundingly thin needle-like tendrils.

"I won't even have to administer any anesthetic, 'cause you're already intoxicated!" :smallwink:

Maybe it might not be such a good idea to have a drunken Clarissa perform surgery on your eyes right in the midst of a tavern where a clash is currently brewing, Dave.

-------
[Trium and Spec's Room]

Oooo! Spec likes! If Trium and Spec hadn't curtained recently, she'd totally be attempting to do that right now. But alas, they have.

Instead, Spec attempts to take Trium's hand and guide her to the shower...
To wash up before exploring a perilous cavern...
Yeah... >.<

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 08:04 PM
"So asking you to calm down, is just making it worse?
See, this is why I'm firing you. I'm sorry, and I really don't want to do it, but I really don't have much of a choice in the matter."

Ashtrek growls...

"I would have died for you. And you don't even Care about me, Do you? That's what i get for trusting Humans again... I'm just a ****ing DOG to you, aren't i. A pet who you only want when i get you your slippers, or fetch the Newspaper, or Protect the House from Intruders... Well I'm done with you Humans. You can All burn in Hell for what i Care... And You can't fire me. I ****ING QUIT."

The Wolfess Tears out through the Door, Ripping it off it's Hinges, a Trail of salt water streaking out of her eyes...

Her Collar, Torn in Half, Lays on the Floor...

Inscribed it Says:

Ashtrek Falcon Racatran

Property of Naku

Guardian and Waitress of the Dancing Fox Inn

Burn in Hell, and Change the Thread Title on your Way There.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 08:05 PM
Dave
Dave looks a bit frightened.
"Uh...no. Not now Clarissa. Husbands don't let their wives operate under the influence."
"Hence, you're not operating on my eyes."
And then the alcohol shot out of his eyes while he raised his glass up, catching all of it.

---
Songdancer
Songdancer looks a bit muddled.
"So...er...I'll just go get on fixing that door then...I guess."

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 08:30 PM
(Damn it Naku, Now i have to Make a New Icon. :smallmad:))

Chez re-enters the Tavern, goes to His Room, and Comes back with a Large Satchel. He then leaves again, but not without giving Naku the Finger.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 08:34 PM
Ashtrek growls...

"I would have died for you. And you don't even Care about me, Do you? That's what i get for trusting Humans again... I'm just a ****ing DOG to you, aren't i. A pet who you only want when i get you your slippers, or fetch the Newspaper, or Protect the House from Intruders... Well I'm done with you Humans. You can All burn in Hell for what i Care... And You can't fire me. I ****ING QUIT."

The Wolfess Tears out through the Door, Ripping it off it's Hinges, a Trail of salt water streaking out of her eyes...

Kyinde watched her go, partially disappointed and partially relieved. "Well, she may have had less to complain about if she was either willing to act less like a dog or be treated more like one..."

After a moment, she turned to Naku. "I take it her position is open now? I was kind of considering a job here."

Mee
2012-01-28, 08:40 PM
After a moment, she turned to Naku. "I take it her position is open now? I was kind of considering a job here."

With a sigh, Naku asks: "Are you insane, trigger happy, and here primarily looking for fights, in an Inn where it's supposed to be a safe-haven for anyone who's visiting?"

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-28, 08:45 PM
Strahd shakes his head sadly. Drama-queens. Hypocritically enough, he's always wondered why people with such ridiculous amounts of underserved self-importance gravitate to the food service industry, of all places.:smalltongue:

But he can't help feel a little bad for Ashtrek nonetheless.

In fact, he attempts to tap Naku on the shoulder to get her attention!

Mee
2012-01-28, 08:47 PM
Strahd shakes his head sadly. Drama-queens. Hypocritically enough, he's always wondered why people with such ridiculous amounts of underserved self-importance gravitate to the food service industry, of all places.:smalltongue:

But he can't help feel a little bad for Ashtrek nonetheless.

In fact, he attempts to tap Naku on the shoulder to get her attention!

"Yeah, Strahd?"
She asks, turning to look at him, her expression trying very, very hard not to show just how horrible she feels.
Failing to an extent, but she's trying.

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 08:53 PM
The Collar Continues to Lay there, waiting for Someone to Notice it.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 08:54 PM
With a sigh, Naku asks: "Are you insane, trigger happy, and here primarily looking for fights, in an Inn where it's supposed to be a safe-haven for anyone who's visiting?"

"No, not too badly, and not here, respectively." Kyinde gave a hopeful smile. She didn't really have a lot to back her up, but she still had a chance. "I promise that I won't start fights in the Inn, at least. Is that good enough?"

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 08:57 PM
Song Dancer picks up the broken door and puts it back in place before his lower body begins to glow.
His jean's black aura envelops his entire body as it effects the door's hinges, fixing the door and the surrounding frame.
"There we go, all nice and neat!":smallsmile:
He goes up to Naku and begins to twiddle his fingers. He obviously wants to say something but he's waiting his turn.

ThirdEmperor
2012-01-28, 09:08 PM
Strahd holds up a piece of paper for Naku to see, making sure that she doesn't see the side with his graverobbery plans written on it.

"Once she's had time to cool down,, you should probably send her a nice letter or something. You did right, but she seemed pretty upset about it."

Mee
2012-01-28, 09:16 PM
"No, not too badly, and not here, respectively." Kyinde gave a hopeful smile. She didn't really have a lot to back her up, but she still had a chance. "I promise that I won't start fights in the Inn, at least. Is that good enough?"

"As long as you realize that, if you do, I will be having words with you, then yeah, sure. You're hired. What's your name, anyway?"

Strahd holds up a piece of paper for Naku to see, making sure that she doesn't see the side with his graverobbery plans written on it.

Naku nods.
"A good idea, Strahd. Thanks. She'd probably just shred it, but I will try."

Song Dancer picks up the broken door and puts it back in place before his lower body begins to glow.
His jean's black aura envelops his entire body as it effects the door's hinges, fixing the door and the surrounding frame.
"There we go, all nice and neat!":smallsmile:
He goes up to Naku and begins to twiddle his fingers. He obviously wants to say something but he's waiting his turn.

"Yes, 'Dancer? And thanks for fixing the door."
She asks, giving him a very tired smile.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 09:19 PM
Songdancer
Fiddle fiddle fiddle.
"Well...Uh...dangit...I'm not good at this at all..." he said with a nervous laugh while awkwardly rubbing the back of his head.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-28, 09:25 PM
The Collar Continues to Lay there, waiting for Someone to Notice it.

Tiny dragon notices shiny thing on the floor!

It goes over and picks it up in its tiny mouth.

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 09:30 PM
"As long as you realize that, if you do, I will be having words with you, then yeah, sure. You're hired. What's your name, anyway?"

Kyinde's tail and ears perked up excitedly. "Thank you! My name's Kyinde Crystaltail. I'll do my best, and I think I know better than to repeat my predecessor's mistake. Anyway, what should I start with?"

Mee
2012-01-28, 09:42 PM
Songdancer
Fiddle fiddle fiddle.
"Well...Uh...dangit...I'm not good at this at all..." he said with a nervous laugh while awkwardly rubbing the back of his head.

"Mhmm?"
She asks, raising an eyebrow.

Kyinde's tail and ears perked up excitedly. "Thank you! My name's Kyinde Crystaltail. I'll do my best, and I think I know better than to repeat my predecessor's mistake. Anyway, what should I start with?"

"All right, well I'm Naku, and I guess you can start by . . ."
Then she looks around.
"Well, there's not much going on at the moment. So go pick out a room."

Chezmarine
2012-01-28, 09:48 PM
Tiny dragon notices shiny thing on the floor!

It goes over and picks it up in its tiny mouth.

If it could Read Common, The Collar would say

I hope you Fry, Naku

The Dark Goddess

LadyOfWar
2012-01-28, 09:52 PM
It cannot read things that are in its mouth... but someone else might notice the message soon because the tiny critter starts prancing about showing off its shiny new trinket.

It prances right past Songdancer.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 09:54 PM
Songdancer
Songdancer fiddles around in his picket before retrieving a small, velvet box out of it.
"Naku, I've known you for a while now and I've realized I couldn't live without you. You're the greatest person I've ever met and I know with my heart that I love you. So I guess what I'm saying is..."
He fiddle with the box as he gets down on a knee. The box's lid suddenly snaps open, revealing a curious ring with a crystal cube in the middle. A rainbow of colors are on the sides, swirling and beautiful.
"Will you, Naku, marry me and make me the happiest pony in the Nexus?" he says in a nervous voice, his eyes filling up with the terror that she might say no.

Viera Champion
2012-01-28, 09:57 PM
Colin scurries into the Inn, slipping out of his jacket, then skids to a halt, realizing he is interrupting a very meaningful, touching, and important event.
He looked really excited too.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 10:02 PM
Thenadíer sticks his head through the door. Hes looks around not fully inside. The misguided policeman looks around with his grey eyes and hair. Read "Thenadíer" in my Nexus characters signature for a detailed description.

(Please dont eat me.)

Mee
2012-01-28, 10:04 PM
Songdancer
Songdancer fiddles around in his picket before retrieving a small, velvet box out of it.
"Naku, I've known you for a while now and I've realized I couldn't live without you. You're the greatest person I've ever met and I know with my heart that I love you. So I guess what I'm saying is..."
He fiddle with the box as he gets down on a knee. The box's lid suddenly snaps open, revealing a curious ring with a crystal cube in the middle. A rainbow of colors are on the sides, swirling and beautiful.
"Will you, Naku, marry me and make me the happiest pony in the Nexus?" he says in a nervous voice, his eyes filling up with the terror that she might say no.

"Hmmmmmm.
Well, I dunno . . .
I suppose it has it's pros and cons, like . . .
That's a very shiny rock you got me. And you are fairly hot.
So I suppoooooooose, if I haaaave to."
All the while she's saying this, she finally starts smiling again. And the smile gets wider, and wider, and then, at the end, she takes the ring, (attempts) drags Songdancer up onto his feet, and hugs him.
"Of course I will."

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 10:12 PM
Seeing no need to interrupt anything more, Kyinde started off toward her room...

It cannot read things that are in its mouth... but someone else might notice the message soon because the tiny critter starts prancing about showing off its shiny new trinket.

It prances right past Songdancer.

"Oh! What have you got there, little dragon?" She scurried over to try to get a look. "Could you let me have a look?"

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 10:14 PM
"Hmmmmmm.
Well, I dunno . . .
I suppose it has it's pros and cons, like . . .
That's a very shiny rock you got me. And you are fairly hot.
So I suppoooooooose, if I haaaave to."
All the while she's saying this, she finally starts smiling again. And the smile gets wider, and wider, and then, at the end, she takes the ring, (attempts) drags Songdancer up onto his feet, and hugs him.
"Of course I will."
Songdancer
As Naku takes the ring and pulls him up and hugs him his face becomes one of pure happiness.
He will slowly put his arms around her and hug her back.
"You...you have made me so incredibly happy..."
He seems to be...crying out of pure happiness.
"Naku I really have no idea what to say from here..."

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 10:18 PM
Thenadíer observes. Hmm...No Marty...Need a small break.
Greetings!

Mee
2012-01-28, 10:20 PM
Songdancer
As Naku takes the ring and pulls him up and hugs him his face becomes one of pure happiness.
He will slowly put his arms around her and hug her back.
"You...you have made me so incredibly happy..."
He seems to be...crying out of pure happiness.
"Naku I really have no idea what to say from here..."

"Well, then don't, silly."
Naku says, putting a finger on his lips to hush him, then upgrading the finger to her lips!

She'd at least wave at Then, but she's busy.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-28, 10:22 PM
Seeing no need to interrupt anything more, Kyinde started off toward her room...

"Oh! What have you got there, little dragon?" She scurried over to try to get a look. "Could you let me have a look?"

The tiny critter promptly turns its attention to the person who is talking to it.

It holds its little head up high to show off the shiny thing it has found.

Pic of the dragon:

http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/h437/WoolyWingedWonder/Dragon.jpg

Of course, if it were smarter, and knew what was happening between Naku and Songdancer over there, it would be saying 'awww' and watching them. But this thing is only semi-sentient. It also isn't really a dragon. If it were, it would not want anyone looking at its shiny new treasure.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 10:26 PM
Thenadíer walks in now. He observes the door. Door...recently repaired...liquid on door. Clear. Tears? Fur. Lupine figure. Judging by the scent. Were-wolf? Crying werewolf?

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 10:27 PM
"Well, then don't, silly."
Naku says, putting a finger on his lips to hush him, then upgrading the finger to her lips!

She'd at least wave at Then, but she's busy.
He blushed.
But then he tried to scoop her up in his arms and go into the room they shared.
And then...confirm the marriage.
By trying to pull the curtain.:smallwink:
Clearly he probably had a different interpretation of what Naku just said.

Viera Champion
2012-01-28, 10:28 PM
The tiny critter promptly turns its attention to the person who is talking to it.

Pic of the dragon:

Of course, if it were smarter, and knew what was happening between Naku and Songdancer over there, it would be saying 'awww' and watching them. But this thing is only semi-sentient. It also isn't really a dragon. If it were, it would not want anyone looking at its shiny new treasure.

Silver is sneaking up on the reptile in his lizard form.

Mee
2012-01-28, 10:32 PM
He blushed.
But then he tried to scoop her up in his arms and go into the room they shared.
And then...confirm the marriage.
By trying to pull the curtain.:smallwink:
Clearly he probably had a different interpretation of what Naku just said.

Well, not that Naku would object. . .
Which means it leads to a very . . . energetic curtain.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 10:43 PM
Songdancer
Songdancer somehow, SOMEHOW, keeps up.
"Well that was certainly worth waiting for..."
He looked at her.
"So...do you want children?"

Mee
2012-01-28, 10:50 PM
Songdancer
Songdancer somehow, SOMEHOW, keeps up.
"Well that was certainly worth waiting for..."
He looked at her.
"So...do you want children?"

[Upstairs]

"I . . .
I don't actually know."
She says, breathing heavily.
"I don't know if I can . . ."

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 10:57 PM
[Upstairs]

"I . . .
I don't actually know."
She says, breathing heavily.
"I don't know if I can . . ."
Upstairs
Songdancer will try to hold her hand tightly, which is kinda...different at this point after what they just did.
"I...I want to try. I love you Naku, and I'll love any children we'll have. Whether they'll be vampires, vampire ponies, or just regular ponies...just so long as I have them with you they'll be perfect as can be.":smallsmile:

Hattish Thing
Thenadíer looks around. Hmm...There was a fight. Whoever was in the fight had to be strong. And tall. In order to break the door.

!HELLO

Beans
Outside, there is a quiet whump. Then footsteps...

Into the DFI walks a young lady (http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6051/tek4f24c26b7c3072635828.png) with light grey skin and teal hair and eyes. She looks around the inn, quite interested in all the things.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-28, 10:59 PM
Silver is sneaking up on the reptile in his lizard form.

The little happy reptile is much too focused on showing off its shiny new prize to notice that it is being stalked.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 11:03 PM
Outside, there is a quiet whump. Then footsteps...

Into the DFI walks a young lady (http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/6051/tek4f24c26b7c3072635828.png) with light grey skin and teal hair and eyes. She looks around the inn, quite interested in all the things.

Thenadíer is investigating.

Mee
2012-01-28, 11:04 PM
Upstairs
Songdancer will try to hold her hand tightly, which is kinda...different at this point after what they just did.
"I...I want to try. I love you Naku, and I'll love any children we'll have. Whether they'll be vampires, vampire ponies, or just regular ponies...just so long as I have them with you they'll be perfect as can be.":smallsmile:

[Upstairs]

"And I love you too, 'Dancer.
I'm up for trying, I just want to make sure you know that it might not work."
She says, sighing slightly, and resting her head on his chest.

Beans
2012-01-28, 11:11 PM
Thenadíer is investigating.
Where does he investigate? If he investigates the noise, he'll find a boxy object with the dimensions of a portable toilet; it is light grey and has a sealed door on its front.

If he investigates the lady, she investigates back, looking at him with interest.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 11:12 PM
[Upstairs]

"And I love you too, 'Dancer.
I'm up for trying, I just want to make sure you know that it might not work."
She says, sighing slightly, and resting her head on his chest.
Upstairs
"Well...why don't we go see a Gynecologist? Maybe a specialist could help us find out. Because if we can't then I'd rather us see our other options then waste precious time going through a fruitless pursuit." he said as he wrapped his arms around her protectively.
They'd probably need to get up soon, otherwise the Inn might just explode.
After all, they're clearly the only sane ones there.:smalltongue:

Mee
2012-01-28, 11:15 PM
Upstairs
"Well...why don't we go see a Gynecologist? Maybe a specialist could help us find out. Because if we can't then I'd rather us see our other options then waste precious time going through a fruitless pursuit." he said as he wrapped his arms around her protectively.
They'd probably need to get up soon, otherwise the Inn might just explode.
After all, they're clearly the only sane ones there.:smalltongue:

[Upstairs]

Naku blinks at that last comment.
"But, it was incredibly fun, and . . . and . . .
Wasting time?"

Eventually. No rush. :smalltongue:

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 11:20 PM
Thenadíer stomps on the floor. It echoes. Definite echo. Thats how I heard the struggle. Was there a brawl?

Beans
2012-01-28, 11:23 PM
Thenadíer stomps on the floor. It echoes. Definite echo. Thats how I heard the struggle. Was there a brawl?
... Since I have no idea where he is, what he's looking at, or even what he looks like, I'll just say the grey gal isn't looking at him.
She makes observations of every table, every chair, a quiet expression of wonder on her face.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 11:28 PM
[Upstairs]

Naku blinks at that last comment.
"But, it was incredibly fun, and . . . and . . .
Wasting time?"

Eventually. No rush. :smalltongue:
Upstairs
"Don't get me wrong, that was awesome and I certainly wouldn't mind doing it again whenever you're up for it, but..."
"...I just don't know how much time I have in this world. Ponies don't live for that long. We typically live till 30-60 and I'm already 26...I just want to be able to know my kids for a long as possible, you know?"

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 11:30 PM
... Since I have no idea where he is, what he's looking at, or even what he looks like, I'll just say the grey gal isn't looking at him.
She makes observations of every table, every chair, a quiet expression of wonder on her face.
Thenadíer is described in detail in my signature. The first spoiler of My Nexus Characters. He's investigating.

Mee
2012-01-28, 11:32 PM
Upstairs
"Don't get me wrong, that was awesome and I certainly wouldn't mind doing it again whenever you're up for it, but..."
"...I just don't know how much time I have in this world. Ponies don't live for that long. We typically live till 30-60 and I'm already 26...I just want to be able to know my kids for a long as possible, you know?"

'Dancer will probably find his nose being thwacked about now.
"Seriously? You're bringing [U]that up now?
Don't, m'kay? It's not something you have to worry about."

Beans
2012-01-28, 11:34 PM
Thenadíer is described in detail in my signature. The first spoiler of My Nexus Characters. He's investigating.
... What's he investigating? Where?
I do know one thing, though---he certainly isn't investigating inside the grey box thingy, because that door is not going to open.
Anyway, the grey gal discovers that the chairs make a certain noise when moved along the floor.
She decides to check if every single chair makes that noise as well.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 11:35 PM
'Dancer will probably find his nose being thwacked about now.
"Seriously? You're bringing [U]that up now?
Don't, m'kay? It's not something you have to worry about."
Upstairs
He rubs his nose after the thwacking.
"It actually is something I need to worry about...I know you wouldn't make me a vampire because you don't wanna suck blood so I have to make these years count."
He looked sad.
"Unless...you would turn me into a vampire...":smallbiggrin:

PurityIcekiller
2012-01-28, 11:41 PM

Pic of the dragon:

"...Interesting." Kyinde wasn't sure who this "Dark Goddess" was, but from the context, she figured that it was some kind of annoyed message from a friend of the "dog". She thought it seemed petty, but right now, there wasn't much for her to do about it. "I don't think this means anything good. Well, if you like it, you can show it around a bit more, or just keep it somewhere safe where no one will try to steal it from you." She gently stroked the little dragon's head.

Mee
2012-01-28, 11:45 PM
Upstairs
He rubs his nose after the thwacking.
"It actually is something I need to worry about...I know you wouldn't make me a vampire because you don't wanna suck blood so I have to make these years count."
He looked sad.
"Unless...you would turn me into a vampire...":smallbiggrin:

Naku shrugs slightly.
"Probably. But really, that's not a subject to be discussing right now . . ."
The subject she'd like, is apparently the curtain again, seeing as she's reaching towards it . . .

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 11:48 PM
... What's he investigating? Where?
I do know one thing, though---he certainly isn't investigating inside the grey box thingy, because that door is not going to open.
Anyway, the grey gal discovers that the chairs make a certain noise when moved along the floor.
She decides to check if every single chair makes that noise as well.

Hes inspecting Ashtreks flight. He asks the grey. Please. Stop Civilian.

Beans
2012-01-28, 11:49 PM
... Hm?
She blinks.
What is a civilian?
She does pause in her poking of all the chairs.

Mindfreak
2012-01-28, 11:50 PM
Naku shrugs slightly.
"Probably. But really, that's not a subject to be discussing right now . . ."
The subject she'd like, is apparently the curtain again, seeing as she's reaching towards it . . .
Upstairs
Songdancer will oblige then, helping to pull down the curtain again.
Once it comes up he's completely out of breath, and he's tired.
"Bleh, I cannot do that again for a long bit...way too tired."
And with that he'll try to fall asleep.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-28, 11:54 PM
... Hm?
She blinks.
What is a civilian?
She does pause in her poking of all the chairs.

Anyone who isn't a policeman. Shh. This coulf be a crime scene.

Beans
2012-01-28, 11:56 PM
... I thought crime scenes had dead bodies and hammers in them.

Mee
2012-01-29, 12:00 AM
Upstairs
Songdancer will oblige then, helping to pull down the curtain again.
Once it comes up he's completely out of breath, and he's tired.
"Bleh, I cannot do that again for a long bit...way too tired."
And with that he'll try to fall asleep.

[Upstairs]

"Hmmmmmmmmmmmmkay."
She murmurs, snuggling up to him, though she does allow him to go to sleep now.
As she's not mean.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:04 AM
... I thought crime scenes had dead bodies and hammers in them.

Unless the body was disposed of.

LadyOfWar
2012-01-29, 12:04 AM
"...Interesting." Kyinde wasn't sure who this "Dark Goddess" was, but from the context, she figured that it was some kind of annoyed message from a friend of the "dog". She thought it seemed petty, but right now, there wasn't much for her to do about it. "I don't think this means anything good. Well, if you like it, you can show it around a bit more, or just keep it somewhere safe where no one will try to steal it from you." She gently stroked the little dragon's head.

It tips its head to the side as she speaks... and thinks... and thinks... and thiiiiinnnkksss.... then it nods vigorously in agreement with her assessment that it should be placed somewhere safe.

She will find that the tufts on its head are oddly modified scales, and rather than being spiky as one might expect they are strangely soft and fluffy.

Beans
2012-01-29, 12:05 AM
Unless the body was disposed of.
She thinks that over for a while.

Chas the mage
2012-01-29, 12:09 AM
"Alright," she says, smiling, and starting to concentrate.

After a moment, the hands of the clock in her left eyesocket turn, and an elaborate tattoo, asymetrical, but pretty, appears on her forehead, and her clothes turn to a reddress with gold embroidery.

"WHOA," he exclaims very amused; then looking around, "everyone else saw that too, right?" and then examining closely the change of wardrobe.

Pardon my delay of posting...

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:15 AM
She thinks that over for a while.

Did you see anything?

Beans
2012-01-29, 12:16 AM
Did you see anything?

She shakes her head.
Nothing crimey.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:17 AM
She shakes her head.
Nothing crimey.

Was there a fight? Struggle?

Beans
2012-01-29, 12:21 AM
Was there a fight? Struggle?

If there was one, I didn't see it. I arrived very recently.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:27 AM
Orange fur. Tears. No blood. Eaten? Wheres the body?

Beans
2012-01-29, 12:29 AM
The grey gal shrugs and, unless stopped, wanders off to explore the rest of the Inn, touching the walls and running her hands along the tables.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:33 AM
Thenadíer walks upstairs pistol drawn. He knocks on all the doors awaiting an answer.

Mee
2012-01-29, 12:35 AM
Thenadíer walks upstairs pistol drawn. He knocks on all the doors awaiting an answer.

Well, Naku's room won't answer, but there are people inside, one of whom is asleep (and probably snoring. :smalltongue: ), the other not.

The Alexandrian
2012-01-29, 12:39 AM
[DFI - Upstairs]

There are also intelligent lifeforms currently residing within Spec and Trium's room! However, C'nor would have to tell you whether or not the door is answered. He's not on now, so...

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:43 AM
Thenadíer knocks on Naku's door first. He beats it with his cane.

Mee
2012-01-29, 12:46 AM
Thenadíer knocks on Naku's door first. He beats it with his cane.

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?"
Comes an at least minorly sleepy sounding voice from inside.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 12:48 AM
Opens for the Caryl police. Please.

Mee
2012-01-29, 12:51 AM
Opens for the Caryl police. Please.

"Uhhhhhh~huh."
The voice says, then comes the sounds of shuffling, and generally getting up from bed.
Then the door opens an inch, and a Naku-eye can be seen.
"And what do you want?"

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:06 AM
I have observed a creature in a fit of bloodthirsty rage leave this establishment. I beleive it was injured. I would like to investigate what was the substance of the situation. tell me who and why and where. You shall answer to Thenadier. Madame may I enter or you come out? Thenadier shows her a weird badge. with the Caryl insignia. He is very business-like.

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:11 AM
I have observed a creature in a fit of bloodthirsty rage leave this establishment. I beleive it was injured. I would like to investigate what was the substance of the situation. tell me who and why and where. You shall answer to Thenadier. Madame may I enter or you come out? Thenadier shows her a weird badge. with the Caryl insignia. He is very business-like.

"Uhhhh . . . well, it wasn't injured, and no. You can't come in, or me come out."
Says the voice attached to the eye.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:15 AM
What did you say? Speak up, people don't mumble when they talk to me. Right or wrong the law is the law, and it shall be obeyed to the letter. Inform me. Did you know that figure?.

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:19 AM
What did you say? Speak up, people don't mumble when they talk to me. Right or wrong the law is the law, and it shall be obeyed to the letter. Inform me. Did you know that figure?.

"Uhhh . . . yeah. I knew her."
And that was aaaaaaaall he got.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:23 AM
Please stay. It won't take more then five minutes of your time madame.

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:25 AM
Please stay. It won't take more then five minutes of your time madame.

"Well, you have me cornered in my room, so it's not like I can leave, can I?"

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:33 AM
My duties to the law. What happened? Who was the figure? Why was it running?

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:34 AM
My duties to the law. What happened? Who was the figure? Why was it running?

"It was a former employee who quit, and ran off."
The shrug is audible in her voice.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:36 AM
What was her name?We have a report of a female wolf-creature running out of town.

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:39 AM
What was her name?We have a report of a female wolf-creature running out of town.

"Mhmm, that'd probably be her. And her name's Ashtrek."
Naku's not exactly talkative, especially as she's getting cold . . .

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:41 AM
Ashtrek...She is a threat and I will attempt to bring her to custody. Your information is invaluable.What was the argument about?

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:47 AM
Ashtrek...She is a threat and I will attempt to bring her to custody. Your information is invaluable.

"What, so she can blame me even more for most anything she wants?
Yeah, gee thanks."
And with that, the door starts to shut.
Naku doesn't sound exactly happy right now . . .

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:48 AM
He sticks his cane through the door slit. What was the argument about?

Mee
2012-01-29, 01:50 AM
He sticks his cane through the door slit. What was the argument about?

"What argument? There wasn't much of an argument, she just quit."
Naku says, glaring daggers at, humorously enough, the cane.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 01:55 AM
Yes, yes there was. I am the law and the law is not mocked! I found that the door was ripped off. A chunk of orange fur lied on the floor, and there was various teardrops on the way out. It wasn't raining and the pattern was particular. Lying away from the door.Do not lie to me.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:00 AM
Yes, yes there was. I am the law and the law is not mocked! I found that the door was ripped off. A chunk of orange fur lied on the floor, and there was various teardrops on the way out. It wasn't raining and the pattern was particular. Lying away from the door.Do not lie to me.

"Just as an FYI, running away and crying doesn't mean there was an argument."
Ooooh, she's getting snarky.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:02 AM
Yes it does. You did, or said something! Explain the door and the report of a blood crazed she-wolf. NO lies. Do you understand? Whats your name civilian?

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:06 AM
Yes it does. You did, or said something! Explain the door and the report of a blood crazed she-wolf. NO lies. Do you understand?

"Nope, no it doesn't.
It just means she was unhappy, and left, while feeling fairly hurt."
Naku neatly avoids the entire rest of it.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:09 AM
Explain the door!Please. Do I have to obtain a search warrant?!

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:12 AM
Explain the door!Please. Do I have to obtain a search warrant?!

"You finish a request with a please, with a threat to get a search warrant?
Well, what if I said that she just didn't want to be bothered opening?
Hmm?"

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:16 AM
Then why would she go on a rampage?! Answer that. It's a pity the law must be jumbled under a web of lies. Thenadier spits.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:19 AM
Then why would she go on a rampage?! Answer that. It's a pity the law must be jumbled under a web of lies. Thenadier spits.

"I dunno. I'm not her, how do you expect me to know?"
Naku asks, sighing slightly.
"Can I go back to bed now?"

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:24 AM
I will arrest her. If her story doesn't match, I will contact the local authorities. Sadly I do not have as much jurisdiction here. Tell me what happened and this will mean you will have freedom. Lie, and jail time lays in your immediate future.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:28 AM
I will arrest her. If her story doesn't match, I will contact the local authorities. Sadly I do not have as much jurisdiction here. Tell me what happened and this will mean you will have freedom. Lie, and jail time lays in your immediate future.

"So, lying to you, if I have been, when you've stormed in, demanded me to tell you everything, under threats, I want to add, about an argument that may or may not have even happened?
Yeah, that'll definitely lead to jail time."

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:31 AM
I heard a scuffle from outside.Yelling. I have every right. My duties to the law. An argument occurred. If you're lying it will be brought up in court and prison as one: Disturbing the Peace, two: Lying and obstructing an officers duty, and three: Insulting an officer.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:35 AM
I heard a scuffle from outside.Yelling. I have every right. My duties to the law. An argument occurred. If you're lying it will be brought up in court and prison as one: Disturbing the Peace, two: Lying and obstructing an officers duty, and three: Insulting an officer.

"After you invaded, started demanding answers from me with threats of jail time.
Also: I'm going back to bed now."

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:37 AM
I have all rights to! I'm afraid you have crossed a line Madame. Whats your name?

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:41 AM
I have all rights to! I'm afraid you have crossed a line Madame. Whats your name?

"That'd be Naku.
N, A, K, U. Mkay?
Kay.
Byebye."
Then the door opens just a biiiit wider in preparation to slam shut on his cane.

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:45 AM
A very hard chrome pistol DL-44 sticks in the door. It won't break. for information on it, look at Javerts equipment. Madame Naku, I mean no harm. I am a peoples man. Please tell me what happened.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:54 AM
A very hard chrome pistol DL-44 sticks in the door. It won't break. for information on it, look at Javerts equipment. Madame Naku, I mean no harm. I am a peoples man. Please tell me what happened.

"I. Did. Tell. You. Now leave me. Alone."

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 02:56 AM
You didn't tell me the whole truth. Did you? What do you have to hide? Thenadiers gray eyes and stern emotionless face glare into Naku's.

Mee
2012-01-29, 02:58 AM
You didn't tell me the whole truth. Did you? What do you have to hide? Thenadiers gray eyes and stern emotionless face glare into Naku's.

"Well, I do wish to hide that I'm cold, but that's about it."

Hattish Thing
2012-01-29, 03:02 AM
Madame Naku. I will catch you if you are guilty. There is no place for you to hide. I suggest manning your inn before it gets burned down. Like the Aceford Manor fire. Thenadier removes the pistol from the door puts it away and straightens his coat. Pity the law won't let me be merciful. Goodbye. Thenadier walks away.

Mee
2012-01-29, 03:08 AM
Madame Naku. I will catch you if you are guilty. There is no place for you to hide. I suggest manning your inn before it gets burned down. Like the Aceford Manor fire. Thenadier removes the pistol from the door puts it away and straightens his coat. Pity the law won't let me be merciful. Goodbye. Thenadier walks away.

"Oooooh, so now you're threatening to burn my inn down.
Gee thanks."
With that, the door slams, and she goes back to bed.

Zefir
2012-01-29, 04:26 AM
Fade comes back out of his deadtime and just wonders while all the things pass his mind. At first there was this ring thing. And cause he still doesn't know much about relationship he asks just in front.

"What was this supossed to be? Some kind of contract?"

But there won't be much time to answer him since he will go follow Thenadier upstairs, listening to the talking. He will hide in the shadow, which isn't meaning he covershimself there. Actually there won't be anything to see for a normal person. When they ended, Thenadier will met Fade in front of him and behind him, while the version behind is a shadow copy obviously visible by the different eye color. Naku may still here it since Fade would act immediatelly after the talking ends.

"Mister I think it's time for you to leave the Inn. We follow a non combat policy and threating the Inn's owner with your weapon isn't a wise choice."

Mindfreak
2012-01-29, 06:50 AM
"Oooooh, so now you're threatening to burn my inn down.
Gee thanks."
With that, the door slams, and she goes back to bed.
Upstairs
The door slamming wakes Songdancer up.
"Who was that, Naku?" he asked, curious of why she slammed the door.

Beans
2012-01-29, 10:42 AM
The grey girl is still poking around downstairs.