PDA

View Full Version : Armored Psion?

Hanuman
2012-01-15, 02:36 PM
Alright playground, get your thinking hats on.

I want to make a Level 10 ECL psion/ironmind(RoS), but Ironmind is tricky because:

Armored mind: Add Armor Bonus for your Will Saves (+ Others)
(of course I want +8 to +10 so heavy)

Iron Mind requires:
+3BAB
Iron Will, Invest Armor (psi focus traded for extra AC)
Heavy Armor Prof.

Iron mind also gets a nice ability at level 5, so it'd be nice if I could get Iron5 by ECL10.

What is the quickest, cheapest and generally most optimized way to get there?

Pwar1/Psi4/IronMind5 sounds like the most obvious route, but I don't know how different psionic classes stack in terms of manifesting, I'm not an experienced psionic player.

Thoughts?

Need_A_Life
2012-01-15, 02:42 PM
The armour proficiency is all you need to get in by level 5. For example, Psion 4/Fighter 1 (Invest Armour is a combat feat, right?).

Unless I'm missing something?

Hanuman
2012-01-15, 02:53 PM
Invest armor is a psionic feat(as it involved psionic focus), fighters do not gain this as a bonus feat and psionic warriors do(at level 1), but is there a difference manifest-side?
Ironmind 5 grants 4 Mlvl, would Psiwar1/Psion4 be Manifest level 8 or Manifest level 9?

Manateee
2012-01-15, 02:54 PM
Ardent. For the free proficiency, the friendliness to lost ML and the abusive Mind's Eye assets.

Hanuman
2012-01-15, 03:06 PM
Ardent. For the free proficiency, the friendliness to lost ML and the abusive Mind's Eye assets.
I do really like the paladin-ish theme of an ardent, does ardent manifest level stack with psion?
What's Mind's Eye asset? This?: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20070629a

Ardent seems to be the best choice so far making it:
Ardent1/Psion4/IronMind5

Invest armor from Psion1's bonusfeat, heavy armor from ardent, meaning 1 feat spent and qualifying at ECL5. Ardent works nicely!

Prime32
2012-01-15, 03:16 PM
does ardent manifest level stack with psion?No more than wizard stacks with sorcerer. You have a single PP pool though.