PDA

View Full Version : [D&D3.5] Deathless Bone Knight (reflavoring of the PrC)

Quirken
2012-01-16, 07:21 PM
I've got the green light to play as a Bone Knight in a new campaign a friend is starting up, but I know she has a very strong aversion to anything evil (or even chaotic, really). Makes playing with her sometimes a test of patience, but that's neither here nor there.

Basically, I think it'd be a good idea to reflavor the Bone Knight class to be centered around Deathless rather than Undead, since Deathless are essentially 'good' undead.

Here's what I have in mind:

Change the Rebuke Undead class ability to Turn Undead
Any time the class mentions Undead, substitute Deathless in its place (ex: Bone March lets you assume control over Deathless instead of Undead)
Instead of applying Skeleton template to steed... possibly Celestial template or the effect of the Spirit Steed spell (deathless spell. +30 base speed, run feat, and can hustle) or something homebrewed to be closer to the Skeleton template (could possibly do Skeleton template but swap in Deathless traits for Undead). Need the most help finding a good fit for this.
Change the Fill the Ranks ability to create a deathless rather than an undead. Correspondingly, Karrnathi Skeleton and zombie would need to be changed to Deathless equivalents. Suggestions? (They have 3 HD and CR3. Simple solution would just be to say "Oh yeah, those creatures have deathless traits instead of undead")

Any suggestions for 3/4? I'm not looking to boost the strength of this class and there aren't really any Deathless templates that I could find.

Thanks!