PDA

View Full Version : Half page missing

King of Nowere
2012-01-20, 12:01 PM
I couldn't find mention of it in the main thread, so I'll open one to discuss the strange panel disposition.
Genrally, we have one comic - one page.
Occasionally, we have comincs with 2 or more pages.
In very rare occurrences we have a comic stopping at half page, like here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0775.html), but we can see that in the next comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0776.html) there is another half page at the beginning, so that in the book compilation it will look fine, with the two half pages united.
Comic 827 (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0827.html) finished with a half page. I expected 828 to start with a half page, but it did not. it was a full page (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0828.html).
Which means that in the book there will be a blank half page.
Which means that there will be bonus material there!
Unless it was just a mistake on Rich's part, but I don't think he would overlook on something like that. And if he actually made a mistake, the best way to fix it would be to put bous material in the book, so we get bonus material anyway.
I'm betting an a page and a half featuring Niu contacting Hinjo, but it could also be the beginning of a miniarc like the couple ones that appeared in don't split the party.

The Giant
2012-01-20, 12:08 PM
It's not a mistake. Originally, the content of the current page (828) was going to be jammed in with the next page (829) to form a page-and-a-half strip. But when I was working on them, it felt very crowded and the writing didn't flow properly. So I expanded everything to fill two full pages.

As for what I'll do with that half page when the book comes, I'll figure something out when I lay out the book. In the past, I've put partial commentaries, Haley's crypto-translations, and even an ad for Goblin Dan's on the bottom of half-pages. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

t209
2012-01-20, 12:33 PM
It's not a mistake. Originally, the content of the current page (828) was going to be jammed in with the next page (829) to form a page-and-a-half strip. But when I was working on them, it felt very crowded and the writing didn't flow properly. So I expanded everything to fill two full pages.

As for what I'll do with that half page when the book comes, I'll figure something out when I lay out the book. In the past, I've put partial commentaries, Haley's crypto-translations, and even an ad for Goblin Dan's on the bottom of half-pages. I'm sure I'll come up with something.

Or reason on why the resistance have to be crushed.

Morgan Wick
2012-01-20, 06:38 PM
I was going to wonder if there was going to be a page-and-a-half bonus strip of Niu's report to Hinjo.

King of Nowere
2012-01-20, 08:32 PM
I was wondering if it ould have been the prelude to a miniarc of 8-10 strips depicting niu escaping and finding someone to use the scroll (she only has a couple levels of rogue, did she took enough in use magic devices to reliably use a scroll?).
After that, learning that rich has no particular plans for that feels a bit... anticlimatic :smallbiggrin:

Roland St. Jude
2012-01-20, 08:43 PM

A half-page tribute to a certain hardworking Forum Guru, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

Kareasint
2012-01-20, 09:29 PM
A half-page tribute to a certain hardworking Forum Guru, perhaps? :smallbiggrin:

I'll support that. Nice guys deserve a pat on the back once in a while.

I like reading the commentaries though. It gives me an idea of what the author was thinking when they were writing the story or drawing it out.