PDA

View Full Version : D&D 3.x Other Smite Feats

Ziegander
2012-01-21, 01:03 PM
Extra Smiting (Rewrite)
Prerequisites: Smite ability
Benefit: You may use your Smite ability (Smite Evil, Smite Undead, etc) three more times per day than you otherwise could.
Special: You can take this feat multiple times. Its effects stack.

Empower Smite
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +1, Smite ability
Benefit: When you use your Smite ability (Smite Evil, Smite Undead, etc) your attack deals extra damage equal to 1.5 × your class level (round down) + your Charisma modifier.
Normal: A Smite attack deals 1 extra point of damage per class level.

Extend Smite
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +4, Smite ability
Benefit: You may spend a daily use of your Smite ability (Smite Evil, Smite Undead, etc) to turn all attacks you make against eligible targets for 1 round into Smite attacks. For every four points of Base Attack Bonus you possess beyond +4 your this effect lasts for an extra round (to total of 5 rounds).

Frightful Smite
Prerequisites: Smite ability
Benefit: When you make a Smite attack against a creature, whether it hits or misses, that creature must succeed at a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Charisma modifier) to avoid being shaken for the duration of the encounter.

Meteoric Smite
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +6, Smite ability
Benefit: When you use your Smite ability (Smite Evil, Smite Undead, etc), if your attack hits, then any other creatures eligible for your Smite ability within Close range (25ft + 5ft/two levels) are dealt damage equal to your class level (Reflex halves, DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Charisma modifier). The original target must also succeed on a Reflex save (same DC) to avoid being knocked prone.

Penance Smite
Benefit: When you make a Smite attack against a creature, if the attack hits, then that creature must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Charisma modifier) to avoid becoming Confused for 1d4+1 rounds.

Reflexive Smite
Prerequisites: Base Attack Bonus +12, Combat Reflexes, Smite ability
Benefit: When you make an attack of opportunity against a creature eligible for your Smite ability that attack is considered a Smite attack. This does not spend a daily use of your Smite ability.

Kyuu Himura
2012-01-21, 01:43 PM
Penance Smite
Benefit: When you make a Smite attack against a creature, if the attack hits, then that creature must succeed on a Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 your class level + your Charisma modifier) to avoid becoming Confused for 1d4+1 rounds.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/20066/711406-15sy3_super.jpg

I loved these feats, Smite is a cool ability, is nice that is gets more love

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-21, 01:44 PM
These feats are cool, but they close the door on racial Smite abilities like Smite Evil or Smite Good from the Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend templates.

Extra Smiting is a particularly welcome revision, though. Extend Smite is also really useful, it turns it into a buff instead of just a special attack.

Reflexive Smite is amazing.

I have a suggestion, though, you should make a feat that causes the Smite attack to automatically overcome all damage reduction and regeneration of the creature you Smite.

SamBurke
2012-01-21, 02:01 PM
These are great! I might use 'em sometime on a pally. See if I could get 'em ported over to PF to fix the damage it does.

Vulaas
2012-01-21, 02:27 PM
On a Grey Guard or Crusader, these feats would be absolutely brutal. Empowered Meteoric Extended smiting against all targets? Yes please!

Bhu
2012-01-21, 03:27 PM
:belkar: heheheheh

Just to Browse
2012-01-21, 03:39 PM
On a Grey Guard or Crusader, these feats would be absolutely brutal. Empowered Meteoric Extended smiting against all targets? Yes please!

I think the earliest that could kick in is character level 9, since one has BAB +4 req, and the other has BAB +6 req, and neither are fighter bonus feats.

Ziegander
2012-01-21, 07:03 PM
I don't think he means overpowered.

At 10th level, on a Crusader, for example, if you took Extend Smite at 6th level and Meteoric Smite at 9th level, that would give you one Smite a day that lasts 2 rounds, and gives you a +10 damage boost to all attacks during those rounds, with a save or prone rider, and a 10 damage (reflex half) burst to all creatures within 30ft (including yourself and all allies). Actually... when you look at it that way it sounds kind of bad.

Cieyrin
2012-01-22, 12:50 PM
I don't think he means overpowered.

At 10th level, on a Crusader, for example, if you took Extend Smite at 6th level and Meteoric Smite at 9th level, that would give you one Smite a day that lasts 2 rounds, and gives you a +10 damage boost to all attacks during those rounds, with a save or prone rider, and a 10 damage (reflex half) burst to all creatures within 30ft (including yourself and all allies). Actually... when you look at it that way it sounds kind of bad.

Hmm, you may want to at least ignore the smiter and have the option to choose when to Meteoric or not...

Mulletmanalive
2012-01-22, 08:26 PM
Extend Smite seems worth two uses [as in, it would not be too costly to bother with and would leave the possibility of using a more conventional smite attack if you preferred] and it would limit the effects of stacking it with other things.

These would be good options for the whole "spell-less paladin" thing from Complete Warrior too...

NeoSeraphi
2012-01-22, 08:28 PM
Extend Smite seems worth two uses [as in, it would not be too costly to bother with and would leave the possibility of using a more conventional smite attack if you preferred] and it would limit the effects of stacking it with other things.

These would be good options for the whole "spell-less paladin" thing from Complete Warrior too...

YES! That's ingenious! Say, Ziegander, if you wouldn't mind, would you let me borrow these feats (with full credit and links of course) to make a Smite-focused paladin base class? (And by "Smite-Focused", I mean that's his only class feature. :smallcool:)

Roderick_BR
2012-01-23, 05:48 AM
These feats are cool, but they close the door on racial Smite abilities like Smite Evil or Smite Good from the Half-Celestial and Half-Fiend templates.

Extra Smiting is a particularly welcome revision, though. Extend Smite is also really useful, it turns it into a buff instead of just a special attack.

Reflexive Smite is amazing.

I have a suggestion, though, you should make a feat that causes the Smite attack to automatically overcome all damage reduction and regeneration of the creature you Smite.
Awesome Smite (can't remember which books) is a tactical feat that lets you, among other cool abilities, overcome some damage reduction, though not regeneration.
For regeneration, something like immolation smite (since fire is a classic regeneration nullifier), Damage dealt by the smite can't be recovered with fast healing or regeneration, only natural healing or other effects (like normal healing spells).

To the OP: Really good ones. A quick review

Extra: An improvement on the original. Not necessary, but nice.
Empower: Again, not necessary, but nice. There's a lot of ways to increase it already, but a simple feat for extra damage is good.
Extend: Seeing as you can, at some point, get smitesx4, this is very, very good. Even if you need higher levels for the extra attacks, I don't see who wouldn't want it.
Frightful: A really cool effect. I even considered adding it to paladins at higher levels, but if barbarians can scare with their rage with a feat, why not paladins?
Meteoric: This is pure coolness. Attack an enemy and his allies take area damage. The reflex save I think helps balance it. Maybe it should be higher level?
Penance: More status effects is always good.
Reflexive: Use smites during attacks of opportunity helps a lot, yep. A bit too late, though.

Sketchopotamus
2014-02-12, 12:19 AM
Are these made up feats? Or are they in the books? If so can I have book locations?

Sketchopotamus
2014-02-12, 12:20 AM
Are these made up feats? Or are they in the books? If so can I have book locations?

Nevermind, I saw the homebrew.