PDA

View Full Version : Underworld

Kyberwulf
2012-01-21, 05:47 PM
I just watched Underworld, the new one.

I was curious, what powers did Selene get after Alexander Corvinus gaver her his blood? I know she got the ability to walk in the day, but what otherones? Did it increase her strength or her agility? I mean, there is a noticeable power increase after Michael was turned into a lycan, then bit by a vampire. There also was an increase in power, presumably from the Elder guy (sorry cant remember his name.) drank some of that Werewolf's Blood.

It also appears that it reacts differently based on what the base Type of creature. The Werewolf/Vampire hybrid apperes Radically different then the Vampire/werewolf hybrid.

I would postulate that Alaxander has different powers then either vampire or Lycan. I was wondering, what are those powers?

Mx.Silver
2012-01-21, 06:20 PM
I just watched Underworld, the new one.

I was curious, what powers did Selene get after Alexander Corvinus gaver her his blood? I know she got the ability to walk in the day, but what otherones? Did it increase her strength or her agility?
Going from the second film (haven't seen the new one and probably won't), it put her on a level where she could actually take Markus in a fight when he'd previously been able to curbstump her with little difficulty so presumably her physical abilities have been augmented. Underworld has never been terribly great with the explanations though, such as exactly where the series is meant to be taking place, case in point:

I would postulate that Alaxander has different powers then either vampire or Lycan. I was wondering, what are those powers?
Never revealed nor explained. The whole Corvinus family history is kind of an incoherent mess, really.

comicshorse
2012-01-21, 07:57 PM
He's obviously immortal and mentioned that his body adapted a disease to change him rather than kill him.
He never showed any speed or strength and didn't even try to fight Marcus but I put that down to a suicidal world weariness than a lack of power

dehro
2012-01-22, 06:29 AM
I don't think the authors thought of it in a stats/gamer perspective..I'd say his main power is the ability to beat the crap out of other people, however the plot dictates.

KillianHawkeye
2012-01-22, 11:13 AM
Saw the movie. It was pretty good, although I'm not sure how well adding a 12-year-old girl really fits with the mood and themes of the series. At least she's willing to rip peoples' throats out. And did anybody else think that Kate Beckinsale's hair was just a little too short? It used to go past her shoulder and I liked that better. (And yes, that is my main reason for seeing this film. :smallwink:)