PDA

View Full Version : GM Heresy 1

Pages : [1] 2

Xeno55
2012-01-25, 10:20 PM
This is the starting thread for Godsmouth Heresy 1, intended especially for new players.

Cain Usher (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364225) Human Paladin
Tora (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364589) Half Elf Sorceror
Severus (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=364610) Half Elf Bard
Thorik (http://www.venturecaptain.com/PDFs/201201100921482148.pdf) Dwarf Fighter

The priests of Pharasma are seeking a discrete party of
adventurers for immediate employment.

Background:

The city of Kaer Maga sits in the heart of Varisia, a vast
stone hexagon of unknown origin perched high atop
the cliffs of the Storval Rise. This cyclopean structure
predates even the Empire of Thassilon, which ruled
these lands 10,000 years ago, and today it is a city of
wonders, intrigue, and mysteries.

Carved on the cliff face below the city are numerous
representations of gigantic bodies and faces, though
who these titanic carvings actually represent is a matter
of some conjecture—the vanished runelords of ancient
Thassilon, forgotten kings, dead gods, or someone else.
Some of these massive sculptures lead into the Undercity,
a dizzying network of caverns, tunnels, and chambers,
both natural and man-made, that riddle the cliffs beneath
Kaer Maga.

One of the most famous entrances to the Undercity
lies in the mouth of one of the giant faces known as
the Unnamed King, and opens onto a series of ancient
catacombs where the honored dead of Kaer Maga are
interred. From their cathedral in the Bottoms district
of the city above, the clergy of Pharasma oversee the
Godsmouth Ossuary, the most prestigious place in Kaer
Maga to be buried—and the Pharasmins charge a hefty
fee for the honor.

Xeno55
2012-01-25, 10:38 PM
The PCs are invited to the Godsmouth Cathedral in Kaer Maga’s
Bottoms district for a midnight meeting with their contact,
a female Pharasmin priest named
Valanthe Nerissia. In a side chapel dedicated to a martyred saint, she
explains the problem—bodies are missing from the
Godsmouth Ossuary. Valanthe offers the group a reward
of 500 gp for successfully stopping whatever is behind
the disappearing bodies, and an additional reward of
250 gp for clearing the level of all other monsters or
threats. In addition, any valuables the PCs
find in the sealed crypts are theirs to keep, barring any
obviously Pharasmin relics or treasure.

When the PCs are ready to begin, Valanthe meets them
and leads them down the narrow, twisting cliffside path
to the Godsmouth Ossuary. Once they pass through the
mouth of the Unnamed King, they are in the ossuary
proper, where robed and hooded Pharasmin priests
silently tend to the deceased. Valanthe leads the PCs
through luxuriously appointed catacombs packed with
bodies and down several stairways before coming to an
area that obviously sees little use—most of the burial
niches are empty and dusty, the air is musty and close,
and silence reigns supreme.

In this disused portion of the crypts, Valanthe stops
before a locked door. She explains that this is the only
known entrance to the sealed lower portions of the
ossuary, and once the PCs enter, the door will be locked
behind them. Because of this restriction, the PCs will
be unable to leave the ossuary to rest and resupply
between encounters. To help them accomplish their
task, Valanthe gives each PC a potion of cure light wounds
and a vial of holy water. The PCs may divide these up
however they wish, but they should use these supplies
wisely, as they will be unable to replace them.
Valanthe then hands the PCs a hollow mithral tube about
1 foot long—a chime of opening with 5 charges remaining.
The PCs may use the chime to get through the Pharasmin
seals below, but they should make sure they save at least 1
charge to get through this door again on their way out—
the priests will not open the door for them if they don’t
have the chime, as they have no way of seeing through the
locked door to recognize the PCs or determine whether
something has turned them into mindless undead. If the
PCs lose the chime or use up its magic, they must find
their own way out of the ossuary. With this warning given,
Valanthe draws a large iron key from beneath her robes
and unlocks the door. The Godsmouth Ossuary awaits.

Players may ask any final questions to Valanthe
before entering the ossuary.

wisest wizard
2012-01-25, 11:06 PM
Do you know of anyway besides the main entrances of ways to enter the catacombs?

(prepared spells:enlarge person, magic missle, disrupt undead, dancing lights, and detect magic)

Nesori
2012-01-25, 11:20 PM
"What should we expect to find in these catacombs specifically, you mentioned the undead but is there anything else you know of?" Tora asks looking more at the opened door then the priest

Xeno55
2012-01-25, 11:25 PM
The catacombs are large - there may be other ways in, and there may be others who have found there way in. I have no way to know for sure. You should be prepared for anything.

You should also be aware that I might find additional mercenaries to help you, that I will send in after you have already begun exploring.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 12:06 AM
The heroes must decide who will carry the chime of opening.

Characters may continue conversation with the cleric or head on through the door as they wish.

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 12:36 AM
Severus looks to the others and smiled "Well lads best we get going ...a copper earned is a copper spent in my opinion." He then pulled that short blade and his shield before looking about and trying to keep his form unseen. Severus then watched the door open before saying "We will be back shortly have the gold ready."

Knowldege History to find out anything extra about the place
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 08:34 AM
Knowldege History to find out anything extra about the place
[roll0]

Severus recalls little of the history of this place, other than its great antiquity. It was first used for burial during the ancient Thassilian Empire. Supposedly the rulers worshipped seven gods, or perhaps seven sins - Severus can't really recall the details.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 08:36 AM
The door grinds open despite long years of disuse. Within, a
stone spiral staircase descends into the earth.

The party will need a marching order, and will need to decide who will carry the chimes.

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 09:10 AM
I will take the lead as being the most manly one.

perception check[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 09:19 AM
The cleric gives Seph the chime of opening, and a bundle of torches. As Seph begins his way down the spiral staircase the light from above fades, Seph or another PC may light a torch if they wish.

Seph looks carefully downwards and does not perceive any threat or danger.

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 09:26 AM
"I suggest that you take the chime of opening as being the most isolated from the battles we may have", Seph says to Tora

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 09:30 AM
(I draw my sword, give the chime to tora, and cast dancing lights (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/d/dancing-lights) and recast it every minute)

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 09:37 AM
Dancing lights goes off and will be automatically recast as needed, solving the light problem for the party, as long as nothing happens to the magus.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 11:26 AM
The party needs to determine who is next in line after Seph, and who is bringing up the rear.

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 02:58 PM
Severus moves to the back looking to about "This is so nothing sneaks up behind you my friend when we are not prepared for it." He then himself tried to become scare not wanting to be overly visible to anything that might want to lash out at them.

Stealth
[roll0]

Severus will take the very back to keep a look out for attacks from behind.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 03:18 PM
The party order is Seph, Tora and Severus moving with stealth.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 03:27 PM
30' or so down the spiral staircase the dancing lights inexplicably dim, leaving all in shadows. A piece of darkness seems to fall from above upon Tora.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 03:30 PM
The dark, tentacled thing slams into Tora, inflicting 2 points of damage, and attempting to grapple.

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 03:36 PM
Tora is grappled and constricted for 8 points of damage. This gives him a total of 10 points, which means he is unconscious. It is up to his friends to save him, each player gets a full move now. It is worth considering that some methods of attacking the enemy might further injure Tora. Also it is worth remembering that he is continuing to bleed.

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 05:29 PM
(using spell combat)I expend a point from my arcane pool to give my longsword a +1 enhancement bonus, I cast magic missle defensely and strike at it with my sword attempting to avoid tora as I slash,

sword [roll]1d20+1[/roll damage [roll0]
magic missle concentration [roll1] damage [roll2]

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 05:41 PM
long sword hit roll[roll0]

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 05:45 PM
knowledg arcana[roll0]
knolegde Dungeoneering[roll1]

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 05:52 PM
Severus moves quickly toward the tentacle from the shadows and tries to revive his ally before stepping back.

[roll0]

Nesori
2012-01-26, 06:43 PM
as soon as Tora regains conciousness, he will try to break free of the tentacle and get and pull out his club

Break Free: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 09:04 PM
knowledg arcana[roll0]
knolegde Dungeoneering[roll1]

A darkmantle's tentacle-span measures just under 5 feet—when attached to a cave roof and disguised as a stalactite, its length varies from 2 to 3 feet. A typical darkmantle weighs 40 pounds. The creatures' heads and bodies are usually the color of basalt or dark granite, but their webbed tentacles can change color to match their surroundings.

The darkmantle isn't a particularly good climber, but it can cling to a cave roof like a bat, hanging by the hooks at the ends of its tentacles so that its dangling body looks nearly indistinguishable from a stalactite. In this hidden position, the darkmantle waits for prey to pass beneath, at which point it drops and swoops down to attack its victim, slamming its body against the foe and attempting to wrap its webbed tentacles around the target. If the darkmantle misses its prey, it swoops back up and drops again until its prey is vanquished or the darkmantle is grievously injured (in which case the creature flutters back up to the roof to hide and hope its “prey” leaves it alone). The darkmantle's inborn ability to cloak the area around it in magical darkness gives it an additional advantage over foes that rely upon light to see.

Darkmantles prefer to dwell and hunt in the caves and passageways that are closest to the surface, as these tend to possess more traffic for the monsters to feed upon. Yet they do not confine themselves to these dark caverns, and can sometimes be found dwelling in ruined fortresses or even in the sewers of bustling cities. Anywhere food is plentiful and there's a ceiling to cling to is a possible den for a darkmantle.

A darkmantle's life cycle is swift—young grow to maturity in a matter of months, and most die of old age after only a few years. As a result, generations of darkmantles quickly accrue, and over the years the evolution of these creatures is similarly swift. In this manner, a cavern's ecosystem can have a significant effect on a group of darkmantles' appearance, abilities, and tactics. Aquatic caverns might develop darkmantles that can swim, while those beset with volcanism might generate darkmantles with a resistance to fire. Other darkmantle variants might develop much stonier hides, and instead of swooping down to crush prey might simply drop and pierce them through with their stalactite-like lengths. The deepest, darkest caverns are rumored to host darkmantles of incredible size, capable of smothering multiple human-sized foes at once in their leathery folds.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 09:07 PM
The dark mantle is damaged by the magic missile. Tora escapes it's deadly embrace. The enraged creature strikes at Tora again:

[roll0]

The creature misses, and the party may take actions again, in any order.

Nesori
2012-01-26, 10:33 PM
Tora edges back away from the creature and gets behind one of the more melee competent fighters, not wanting to take another hit from the thing.

Tora withdraws as a full round action and if possible gets behind one of the other two, whichever one is closer

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 10:44 PM
Severus looks to the creature and moves to get in front of Tora. He then takes that short blade and thrust it toward the creature trying to stab deep into it. "Quickly lads let us tear this thing apart!!"

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 10:44 PM
Tora successfully withdraws behind Severus, squeezing past him in the narrow staircase.

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 10:45 PM
(Sorry for double post on the off chance I hit)

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 10:46 PM
Severus takes one step forward and stabs the foul thing, inflicting significant but not lethal damage.

wisest wizard
2012-01-26, 11:01 PM
Agreed let us slay this beast! Seph strikes with hs longsword
[roll0] [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 11:07 PM
Seph skewers the beast and slays it. The dancing lights are bright once again, apparently the dark mantle had cast a darkness spell, now gone.

Party members gain 150xp @

Party members may do more healing on Tora or not as they please.

Xeno55
2012-01-26, 11:11 PM
The party descends to face a 30' x 30' room to the north.

Old carvings cover the walls of this square chamber,
thick with dust and cobwebs. Three sets of stone double
doors stand in the three facing walls. Heavy bronze seals
emblazoned with the symbol of Pharasma secure the doors
against whatever lies beyond.

The sealed doors are to the east, north and west. You may use a charge off of the chimes to open these doors. Or you may take other actions.

Doombringer
2012-01-26, 11:37 PM
Severus looks to the others and especially Tora. "How are you feeling bud?" He looked him over hoping that his final spell would heal him a bit. "This should make you feel right as the rain."

Cure light wounds...last spell.
[roll0]

Nesori
2012-01-27, 12:58 AM
"I am...fine now, thank you. he takes a quick look around the room "hopefully they next damnable thing in here doesn't hide, my apologies for being so useless in the fight"

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 01:09 AM
"Well you were not useless my friend someone had to take the blows." Severus then looked to the doors leading every which way. "I am spent as far as healing capability goes..so let us tread lightly." He then moved to the doors looking at each for any signs or hints to show the right direction.

Rolls:
Knowledge Dungeoneering [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Nesori
2012-01-27, 06:22 AM
"Aye, Ill try to see if there is a way to open these doors by magical means, besides the rod which I'd rather use sparingly"
Tora will cast Detect magic and scan the room for anything obviously magic

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 08:02 AM
All three doors have aura's of powerful abjuration. Nothing else detects magic. There is old graffiti on the door to the right:

My heart beats on the
wrong side of my chest, or is it right?
Is left right, or is it
wrong? I don’t know what it means, or why.

There is even older writing which appears identical on all three doors. It seems to be somehow about the seven Runelords of ancient Thassalion. Possibly more could be decipered with the right spells or skills.

wisest wizard
2012-01-27, 09:06 AM
Seph attempts to decipher the writing on the doors
Knowledge (Arcana) [roll0]
Knowledge (Dungeoneering) [roll1]

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 02:16 PM
Severus looks to the door again before muttering. "Runelords..seven...hmm" He then begins to delve deep into his memory of histories and think. Eyes look to the door and cast read magic upon it trying to find anything that could give the group an edge.

Rolls

Knowledge History [roll0]
Knowledge Arcana [roll1]
Knowledge Religion [roll2]

Nesori
2012-01-27, 03:43 PM
Tora silently tries to remember anything he would know about these 'runelords'

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 04:33 PM
Knowledge history reveals that the doors lead to the sacred burial chambers of the followers of the seven rune lords of ancient Thassilon. This jogs Severus's memory, and he recalls reading in some text of ancient history:

The Sins of Thassilon

The ancient empire of Thassilon was built upon seven
virtues that were later corrupted into the seven rewards
of rule—envy, gluttony, greed, lust, pride, sloth, and
wrath—which in turn became known as the seven great
sins of the soul. Each sin was associated with a school of
magic—envy with abjuration, gluttony with necromancy,
greed with transmutation, lust with enchantment, pride
with illusion, sloth with conjuration, and wrath with
evocation. (Divination was not considered a separate
school of magic). The seven runelords of Thassilon were
masters of both their associated magical schools and
powerful Thassilonian rune magic, and features within
the Godsmouth Ossuary still hearken back to these seven
sins and the magic they represented.

He can't remember exactly where he read this information, but he believes it is reliable.

This is all the information that party is able to gain at this time. The party may take action as desired.

wisest wizard
2012-01-27, 05:14 PM
I think we should rest here tonght to recover some of our magic.

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 05:18 PM
Severus tells the others what he can remember and then speaks "I suppose one door is as good as the other." he then took a moment to fall back into the shadows an wait for what the other two decided on trying to remained out of sight and out of mind for the time being. "Remember lads we have to be more careful."

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 05:36 PM
This seems like a relatively safe place to sleep, the doors are it seems sealed. If the party does so you need to decide if you want to set watches. You may also want to consider how much food you are carrying - I've checked your lists and you are only able to feed yourself for a limited number of days. On the other hand as first level characters any serious encounter is likely to use up your spells.

Nesori
2012-01-27, 06:04 PM
"Best rest first, I believe this will be the safest time to considering all the other doors are closed, if there are no objections I will take first watch"

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 06:27 PM
"Fair enough..if there is any trouble just wake me." Severus then took out his bedroll and blanket before getting comfortable. "Pity we don't have a fire." He then took some of his rations and ate slowly. "We need to move more quickly tomorrow we don't have enough food to move at such a slow pace."

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 06:49 PM
The party is undisturbed through the night. Each party member may cross off one ration, and of course relearn spells as desired.

Nesori
2012-01-27, 07:41 PM
Tora is staring intently at the exit which they originally came from "Agreed, there was a riddle on the right door if you did not notice it, something about hearts on the wrong side. If we can figure that out it may significantly increase the pace in which we get in and out of here." Tora says as he takes a bite from one of his rations

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 07:51 PM
"I saw that it said something of heart being on the wrong side of his chest..your heart is on the left side of your chest originally...so we should take the right door yes?" Severus looked to Tora "That is my best guess ."

Nesori
2012-01-27, 08:51 PM
"In that case we go right when we awaken again, have a good night." Tora goes back to staring at the corridor, despite the silence.

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 09:36 PM
The party awakens in the morning. Attempts are made to open the right door, and then any of the doors. Some kind of powerful abjuration magic is holding them shut. It looks like it will take a charge from the chime of opening to open these doors.

Doombringer
2012-01-27, 10:05 PM
He looked to the fellows and then spoke.. "Envy..." Severus then waited for the chimes to be used and watched the others. "Well I suppose we should get going we are wasting time....Seph whenever you are ready my friend." Severus then took to the shadows once more as the door opened.

Stealth
[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 10:16 PM
All three doors open.

East, to your right, A large statue stands in the corner of this L-shaped room,
depicting a tall feather emblazoned with a large open eye.
Though apparently carved from stone, the statue gleams
with a golden-green iridescence. A pair of stone doors stands
in the east wall in the short leg of the L.
The room is 10' wide and 40' deep.

West, to your left, is a 10' wide 30' deep corridor, with stone doors at the far west end, and also a turn to the south 25' in.

North, straight ahead is a long 10' wide corridor disappearing ahead into the darkness, with side alcoves every 20'.

Nesori
2012-01-27, 10:17 PM
Tora pointed the chime at the door and commanded it to open and put it back into his backpack "As much as I love being attacked by tentacles, Seph please take lead"

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 10:20 PM
Seph is in the lead.

Xeno55
2012-01-27, 10:22 PM
Let me know if you still want to go through the right door, or would prefer a different direction.

Doombringer
2012-01-28, 12:41 AM
Severus watched the doors all open at once and his eyes went wide."Well it seems that made it much easier for us." The bards eyes looked around before saying "Well gentlemen it seems that we have several options..I will allow Seph to take the lead..I think Right may still be our best bet."

wisest wizard
2012-01-28, 10:39 PM
Seph takes the lead I agree we should take the right door Seph stealthy proceeds into the right door.

Prepared spells: 2 magic missle, acid splash, dancing lights, disrupt undead

Stealth [roll0]

Doombringer
2012-01-28, 11:51 PM
(Just waiting on the other two)

Nesori
2012-01-29, 01:22 AM
Tora keeps a fair distance, trying not to break Seph's cover and keeping an eye and ear out for anything trying to jump at them

[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 07:54 AM
A large statue stands in the corner of this L-shaped room,
depicting a tall feather emblazoned with a large open eye.
Though apparently carved from stone, the statue gleams
with a golden-green iridescence. A pair of stone doors stands
in the east wall in the short leg of the L.

Carved into the floor between the western doors and the
statue is the following inscription: “Though veiled behind
the plumage of the soul, the Eye still sees, unblinking,
through all the ages, from the beginning to the end of
time. When the Three are One, and the spirit becomes
flesh, the Seal may be opened and the Sleepers awakened.
And the glorious apocalypse shall consume us all.”

The doors to the east are featureless except for
a strangely shaped depression where they meet.

There is a small xp reward for figuring things out, like for instance the importance or significance of this statue.

Nesori
2012-01-29, 11:10 AM
Tora reads the inscription after looking at the feather and thinks to himself for a moment

"Could it be refering to unleashing beings from the celestial and infernal planes to our world?"

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 12:19 PM
I will interpret Tora's comment to mean he is attempting to use knowledge: Planes.

[roll0]

Class skills, as long as you have at least one rank, get a bonus +3.

Tora cannot recall anything helpful from his knowledge of other planes.

wisest wizard
2012-01-29, 12:41 PM
Seph trys to remember anything about the planes in realation to the riddle and statue.

[roll0]

wisest wizard
2012-01-29, 12:43 PM
Tora try searching for magic.

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 12:49 PM
Seph trys to remember anything about the planes in realation to the riddle and statue.

[roll0]

Seph suspects that the strange statue was once a religious shrine of some type.

Doombringer
2012-01-29, 03:25 PM
Severus looks to the shrine and then to the ident upon the door. He then imsef tries to pull on the abundant of knowledge he has learned be it book, story or rumor. "Well let us see. Two doors one feather..how can we make three become one..the eyes..what else is there?"

Knowledges

History
Local
Planes
Arcane

Any of them that might be useful here..I am trying to say he is using his plethora.

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 03:38 PM
I did your rolls for you by hand.

You can think of nothing to help you better understand or identify the shrine.

Your arcane knowledge, however, helps you conclude that the apparent door is not in fact a door, but rather a solid slab of stone. The purpose of the small indentation is not clear, but it seems that the party will not be able to move east from this room.

Nesori
2012-01-29, 05:29 PM
Tora casts 'Read Magic' and looks at the statue again, then at both doors

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 05:38 PM
Read Magic finds nothing.

Nesori
2012-01-29, 06:55 PM
"Magicwise I am unable to find anything, have either of you deduced anything?"

Doombringer
2012-01-29, 08:28 PM
"I am not sure about everything ...but we can not go through the door...because it is in fact not a door." Severus then took a few steps toward the indention before turning and moving out of the room ready to explore the others. "Well hopefully taking things slow will keep us alive."

Nesori
2012-01-29, 09:48 PM
Tora looks at the eye on the feather and reaches for it, giving it a small tug to see if it is removable

Xeno55
2012-01-29, 09:59 PM
Tora looks at the eye on the feather and reaches for it, giving it a small tug to see if it is removable

Tora discovers that it slides to one side, revealing a secret compartment. Inside is a small feather with the outline of a bird on it.

Nesori
2012-01-29, 11:11 PM
Tora gently takes the feather and hands it to Severus "I found it behind the eye, perhaps it could be a clue to solving the riddle, or figuring out how to progress further"

Doombringer
2012-01-29, 11:15 PM
Severus looks to the feather and bites his bottom lip in thought."Excellent find my friend! now let us think..perhaps we need to study these other rooms for clues like this..and use them on that indent in the wall possibly." He then hands it back to Tora an moves silently to check on the room to the left when the others follow.

Nesori
2012-01-29, 11:29 PM
Tora puts the feather into his pack and follows behind Severus, still keeping distance to not blow his cover, Tora also draws his crossbow just in case the next thing they encounter isnt friendly

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 12:13 AM
Waiting on Seph to post

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 03:27 PM
As an additional small bonus characters may each have 2 traits as described here (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html#basic-traits).

Nesori
2012-01-30, 03:39 PM
Could I take birthmark and just use it as a physical manifestation of his abyssal lineage?

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 03:48 PM
Could I take birthmark and just use it as a physical manifestation of his abyssal lineage?

Certainly. Let's say it gives him a +1 in intimidation as well.

Nesori
2012-01-30, 03:52 PM
Certainly. Let's say it gives him a +1 in intimidation as well.

OC: In that case I'll take Birthmark (Demonmark?) In addition to his blood red eyes there is a small pulsating pentagram beneath his throat

And Focused mind, justified by Thuu'an emphasizing Magical teachings when they lived together

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 06:42 PM
Severus looked to Tora "So let us take a look at the left door now..I think we might find something else of interest as well." He himself moves toward the doors laughing "Sometimes I wish we had good sword arm with us." He shrugged and slowly stuck his head into the door hoping for the best.

Deft Dodger: Growing up in a rough neighborhood or a dangerous environment has honed your senses. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Reflex saves.

Dirty Fighter: You wouldn't have lived to make it out of childhood without the aid of a sibling, friend, or companion on whom you could always count to distract your enemies long enough for you to do a little bit more damage than normal. That companion may be another PC or an NPC (who may even be recently departed from your side). When you hit a foe you are flanking, you deal an additional 1 point of damage (this damage is added to your base damage, and is multiplied on a critical hit). This additional damage is a trait bonus.

Nesori
2012-01-30, 06:45 PM
Tora followed up behind Severus quietly, preparing to fire his crossbow if need be, whispering "Do you see anything in there, or do you need a light?"

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 07:17 PM
A strange statue of a half-snake, half-human creature stands
in a wide alcove to the south of two large stone doors.
Comprising the lower body of a coiling serpent and the
upper torso of a human woman, the statue has six wings and
a disk containing a seven-pointed star in place of its head. Its
crossed arms hold a quill and whip, and the entire statue is
covered in verdigris. The faint outline of strange runes can
be made out beneath the patina coating the statue.

These doors are featureless and appear to be real.

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 08:05 PM
"A little light would not hurt friend." Severus then whispered "We have another statue back here let us go try our luck once more.. Shelyn help us." Severus then after waiting for the light moved to the statue looking at the runes and gathering his thoughts once more. "Well well well..lets see what we have here."

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 08:08 PM
Tora continues to renew the dancing lights spell as needed.

Nesori
2012-01-30, 09:45 PM
Tora relights the room , takes another quick look around for hostile targets. then investigates the statue. He walks into the room and stares at the statue, casting Read Magic once more. "the statue looks like that of a naga or a lamia I believe..." Tora tries to read the runic inscription.

Knowledge Arcana? [roll0]
and Knowledge Planes for the actual statue [roll1]

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 10:09 PM
Severus nods and looks around once more before delving into the statue.. "is it radiating any sort of magic?" He then bit his lips and arched a brow again in deep thought."I wonder" He pointed up to the head "Think we can get up to it?"

Knowledges
Arcana [roll0]
Dungeoneering [roll1]
History [roll2]
Local [roll3]
Religion [roll4]

Xeno55
2012-01-30, 10:42 PM
Severus identifies this deity as Lissala, goddess of runes,
fate, and the reward of service.

50 xp each

Nesori
2012-01-30, 11:09 PM
"One of us could probably lift the other up to the head." Tora says shrugging and slowly walks into the room

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 11:32 PM
"She is a goddess named Lissala...read it in a old historian book somewhere." sighing "Well I may be a little stronger of arm than you so lets get you up there." He then cupped his hands and waited to give Tora a boost to grab the star. "Make it quick though you never know when something may be creeping up behind us."

Sweet Xp YUM

Nesori
2012-01-30, 11:37 PM
Tora uses the leverage given by Severus to climb up the statue and find a location where he can sit up on the statue and investigate the statue further, mainly at the disc

Doombringer
2012-01-30, 11:40 PM
(I need sleep I will post tomorrow I am having a good time Nesori)

Xeno55
2012-01-31, 08:21 AM
Tora removes the feather from the statues hand. It has a wavy line imprinted upon it.

Tora is also magically blessed with an additional, temporary hit point.

wisest wizard
2012-01-31, 10:50 AM
Natural-Born Leader: You've always found yourself in positions where others look up to you as a leader, and you can distinctly remember an event from your early childhood where you led several other children to accomplish a goal that each of you individually could not. All cohorts, followers, or summoned creatures under your leadership gain a +1 morale bonus on Will saves to avoid mind-affecting effects. If you ever take the Leadership feat, you gain a +1 trait bonus to your Leadership score., Classically Schooled: Your apprenticeship or early education was particularly focused on the direct application of magic. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Spellcraft checks, and Spellcraft is always a class skill for you.

Nesori
2012-01-31, 06:06 PM
"Its...a soothing feeling. Severus murmers to himself before giving the statue another look for any secrets. He slowly climbs down and hands the second feather to Severus "That makes two now. Im curious as to what their purpose is.

Doombringer
2012-01-31, 08:42 PM
Severus looks to the feather and smiles "Well the thing is we can simply keep them until we find out there purpose." He then turns toward the door before saying "Now then one room remaining yes?" The thoughts running through his head about the feathers were leading him to believe that perhaps they would have to be joined some way.

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 05:46 PM
There is a stone door to the west, or the party may backtrack one room and go through the open door to the north.

Nesori
2012-02-01, 06:31 PM
"Lead the way, as long as we're moving through the catacombs we're making progress..." Tora says, clearly more focues on the feather, he pulls the other one out and compares them to find anything significantly different.

Doombringer
2012-02-01, 07:28 PM
"Lead the way...heh alright fair enough." He then turns to the north door and looks into the darkness waiting for the others to catch up . "Well here goes nothing." He then taking out blade and shield slowly walked in eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:08 PM
"Lead the way, as long as we're moving through the catacombs we're making progress..." Tora says, clearly more focues on the feather, he pulls the other one out and compares them to find anything significantly different.

The only difference is the wavy line on one and the bird outline on the other.

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:10 PM
"Lead the way...heh alright fair enough." He then turns to the north door and looks into the darkness waiting for the others to catch up . "Well here goes nothing." He then taking out blade and shield slowly walked in eyes peeled for anything out of the ordinary.

Ahead stretches a 10' wide corridor with alcoves every 10'.

Bodies wrapped in age-yellowed linens lie in alcoves lining
both sides of this wide corridor. Thick cobwebs hang from
the ceiling and drape the walls of the crypt; everything is
coated in a deep layer of dust.

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:15 PM
Severus leads the way followed by Tora then by Seph.

Perception checks:

Severus[roll0]
Tora[roll1]
Seph[roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:18 PM
Everyone notices strange symbols above the alcoves. Severus notices skulls moving in the shadows.

Initiative

Severus [roll0]
Skulls[roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:21 PM
Closer inspection suggests that the skulls themselves are not animate, rather that there is something living inside the skulls. Whatever it is, it attacks.

vs Severus[roll0]
vs Severus[roll1]
vs Tora[roll2]
vs Tora[roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 09:23 PM
Severus is hit for 2 points of damage.

Fort save

[roll0]

He fails to save against a poisonous sting, taking an additional hit point damage, and 1 constitution point damage.

All party members may now take actions.

Nesori
2012-02-01, 10:01 PM
Tora upon seeing the skulls tries to bring forth a creature to fight in his stead

[roll]1d20+7 (or is it 8 if you have focus?) for conjuration: summon monster I, if success He will be calling an Infernal Eagle.

Nesori
2012-02-01, 10:03 PM
Tora upon seeing the skulls tries to bring forth a creature to fight in his stead

[roll]1d20+7 (or is it 8 if you have focus?) for conjuration: summon monster I, if success He will be calling an Infernal Eagle.

[roll0] (8?) same summon, sorry for double post

Doombringer
2012-02-01, 10:25 PM
"Bloody wonderful!!" He then looks to the creature and steps back pulling his sword back and slicing toward the creature. "I am tired of getting ambushed!" He then stepped to the side to perhaps set up a flanking maneuver on it."Now then before this thing drains the life out of us..kill it!"

Attack [roll0]
Confirm Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

We really need a melee!

Nesori
2012-02-01, 10:51 PM
OOC: hmm...if we plan to use these characters consistantly, if we never get another melee I may try to go Eldritch Knight...

Xeno55
2012-02-01, 11:02 PM
Tora spends the round summoning, his creature will appear at the start of the next round.

Severus smashes a skull and the small arachnid that was making it's home inside.

There are three skulls remaining.

It is Seph's turn to take action.

Doombringer
2012-02-02, 01:32 PM
I have work soon and still no post from Seph so I am going to pre-post for you Xeno.

Severus looked to the next of the blasted things."SPIDERS!!" He then turned to the next of the creatures that short sword coming up and trying to hit the musical note of CLACK!! "Come on lads lets send these bloody things back to the darkness from which they are spawned!"

Attack [roll0]
Confrim Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Flanking with the eagle if possible..if not subtract two from total attack.

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 02:44 PM
Seph is now 48 hours without posting, so his character is inactive.

Severus smashes a skull and kills another of the creatures.

Two are remaining.

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 02:48 PM
The creatures attack.

vs Severus [roll0]
vs Tora [roll1]
vs Tora [roll2]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 02:55 PM
Tora is hit twice. He takes 1 point of damage, and may be poisoned. Severus may also take additional damage from poison.

Fortitude save:

Severus[roll0]
Tora[roll1]
Tora[roll2]

Severus takes 1 more point of damage. Tora is not poisoned.

Tora and the eagle may take actions. Severus's action is taken above, there are now only 2 remaining skull-spider things.

We may be recruiting to replace Seph if he doesn't reappear. If so do you want one or two additional PCs to join you?

Nesori
2012-02-02, 04:29 PM
Severus focuses his will and tries to use 'Acid Splash' to whatever enemy is closest
The Eagle attacks the nearest enemy near it with its talons

Tora for defensive casting [roll0] damage: [roll1]
Eagle: [roll2] Damage: [roll3]

OOC: The more the merrier, bring in two more

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 04:40 PM
Tora damages one opponent, the eagle misses.

The creatures attack.

vs Tora:[roll0]
vs Eagle:[roll1]

The enemy misses, the good guys may take actions.

I believe the eagle is good for one more round, due to your spell focus.

Nesori
2012-02-02, 05:12 PM
Both Tora and the eagle attack the creature previously injured with Acid Splash, Tora this time casts Chill Touch

Tora Defense Cast [roll0] Damage [roll1] Fort Save or lose one STR
Eagle attacks [roll2] (Realised it had Weapon Finesse) Damage [roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 05:21 PM
Tora destroys 1 of the creatures, there is one left for Severus.

Doombringer
2012-02-02, 07:25 PM
Severus looks to the creature and smirks before saying "Good going lad...now then one more musical note." He then growls and sends his short blade at the things trying to get a SMASH this time.

Attack [roll0]
Confirm Crit [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

I am curious as to why the roller likes to tease me with the best roll possible to confirm.

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 07:32 PM
Severus misses, although not by much. The creature attacks:

[roll0]

Severus is not damaged, but he is poisoned for a second time.

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 07:36 PM
poison save

[roll0]
[roll1]

Severus takes one more point of poison damage.

Both PCs may take actions.

Nesori
2012-02-02, 08:17 PM
With the eagle gone and tora not wanting to waste more of his real spells, he casts acid splash on the last creature

[roll0] Damage [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-02, 08:24 PM
The last creature is destroyed.

200xp each.

A recruitment thread has been started.

Nesori
2012-02-02, 08:37 PM
"Spiders hiding in skulls...this place just got wierder" Tora mutters watching the last one succumb to the acid "You took a couple of hits, how are you feeling?"

Doombringer
2012-02-03, 12:40 AM
"I am sick to my stomach but with a little rest I should feel better." Severus looked to him "You summoned an eagle that is interesting your talents are worthy of song. One day I will write about how you and I made music in battle... the clash of steel, the screech of an eagle..and your arcane weaving." He then sheathed his blade. "My strength is in the lyrical power of music hopefully I can show you before we leave here."

Nesori
2012-02-03, 12:44 AM
"That is very interesting, my power is inherited from...something in my family, I've always had an easier time bringing forth creatures from elsewhere." Tora takes another good look around the room, making sure its clear of more spiders and if there is anything particuraly eye grabbing

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 07:14 AM
Severus takes one more point of damage and then recovers from the poison.

I believe this is 6 points total?

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 07:51 AM
The party is free to take actions.

Everyone notices strange symbols above the alcoves.

There is nothing else of special notice.

Reinforcements should be showing up in a day or three realtime.

Doombringer
2012-02-03, 04:04 PM
Severus felt slightly better and the wounds were not looking as bad. He took his hand and slowly muttered a few lyrical notes in a somewhat musical tone trying to call on what power he had to seal them. "Well this can't hurt any now can it." He watched as the wounds healed up slowly through his own will.

Cure Light wounds
[roll0]

Nesori
2012-02-03, 08:52 PM
Tora looks up at the symbols and tries to see if they have any significant meaning

Knowledge Arcana [roll0]
Knowledge Planes [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-03, 08:56 PM
Tora thinks they look familiar but can't think why.

Nesori
2012-02-03, 09:40 PM
"These carvings look...odd" Tora looks down at the feathers and back at the carvings "Can you make sense of them?"

Doombringer
2012-02-04, 12:29 AM
Severus looks to Tora and then sits back looking to the runes for a moment "Well I do my best thinking with a little music." He then summoned a banjo and struck the strings. "Now then let me think for a moment." he then closed his eyes strumming the strings giving them a little tune as he thought.

Perform [roll0]
Knowledge Dungeoneering [roll1]
Knowledge Arcana [roll2]
Knowledge History [roll3]
Knowledge Local [roll4]
Knowledge Religion [roll5]
Knowledge Planes [roll6]
Knowledge Nobility [roll7]

Xeno55
2012-02-04, 08:13 AM
Severus determines that the symbols are those of Pharasma, but presented in a strange and archaic style.

Party gains 50xp each.

SpanishViking
2012-02-04, 10:33 AM
Suddenly, Thorik appears panting through the door, holding a torch. "Lads, I thought I would never find ye! Good thing you cry when you fight, 'cause this is huge! Oh, and the strumming helps too." says the dwarf pointing to Severus. "I must be very late, considering the amount of creature corpses I found... It's all that priests' fault, he wouldn't let me in... I was only half an hour late! He didn't expect me to be there on time, did he?".

Suddenly, Thorik realizes he is ranting. "I am sorry. I am Thorik, your companion in this adventure. It seems you need someone to smash those monsters. Here you've got your best bet." says Thorik pointing to himself.

Xeno55
2012-02-04, 11:17 AM
Nice dramatic intro!

Nesori
2012-02-04, 12:09 PM
Tora looks surprised to see something that didn't want to kill him "Uh...No he didn't expect anybody else, but he did say he would allow others if we took too long. I'm Tora, it is nice to see something here that doesn't want to eat us alive." he gives a slight nod towards the dwarf

SpanishViking
2012-02-04, 07:50 PM
"Which way, then?" says Thorik taking out his greataxe.

Doombringer
2012-02-04, 08:26 PM
"Pleasure to meet ya Thorik...I think we are going to explore a little deeper within here." He then looked to the massive great axe and smiled "Great I would much rather use an instrument over a blade. I don't think I am that bad with the short sword but I am no warrior." He then looked to them and said "Now then while I was thinking I remembered through some various tidbits that this is of Pharasma but the writing seems off."

Yay a fighter :)

Nesori
2012-02-04, 09:40 PM
"Are you able to translate any of it?" Tora asks, looking at his feathers again and seeing if the symbols on them match the symbols on wall at all

Xeno55
2012-02-04, 11:04 PM
The symbols on the feathers are nothing like those on the wall.

SpanishViking
2012-02-05, 11:45 AM
"Let me see this..." mutters Thorik approaching the symbols on the wall.

Let's try this...

Knowledge (Religion)[roll0][roll0]
Perception [roll1][roll1]

Doombringer
2012-02-05, 11:59 AM
Severus looked to Thorik and Tora.."I am not real sure what it means .." He then moved toward the room slowly trying to remain hidden not wanting to draw any unnecessary attention to him or his allies. He whispered to himself "I really am beginning to become annoyed with this puzzle."

Stealth [roll0]
Low rolling piece of garbage at times.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-05, 12:16 PM
A voice rings out through the passage.

Excuse me! I've lost sight of that short fellow with the torch! Can anyone hear me? I'm a bit lost!

This is quickly followed by a series of loud crashes.

Heavens above! Who put a spiral stair case here!?

Xeno55
2012-02-05, 12:23 PM
Thorik learns nothing new.

The party may wish to make a marching order or marching formation now that it is reinforced up to 4 characters.

Doombringer
2012-02-05, 12:52 PM
Severus hears the loud thud and grimaces at the thought. He then turns and moves back to the party "Heavens above now we will have to fight the entire place if they didn't know we were coming they do now." He then spotted the other soldierly looking fellow. "Well hello."

Beowulf DW
2012-02-05, 01:55 PM
Cain dusts himself off as he stands.

Hello there. I was sent in by some of the priests. They felt that a little holy light would not go amiss in such a dark place. I'm Cain Usher, a paladin.

SpanishViking
2012-02-05, 05:15 PM
"Oh, there you are. Guess my small legs were too fast for you, lad?", says Thorik with a smirk.

He points to the symbols. "I don't know anything 'bout this."

Nesori
2012-02-05, 06:02 PM
Tora stares at the paladin for a moment "Pleasure to meet you Cain, sorry to ask so abruptly but by any chance you can decipher these symbols?" He asks as he points over to said symbols "I havent had any luck deciphering them, but they look familiar."

Xeno55
2012-02-05, 06:21 PM
Severus determines that the symbols are those of Pharasma, but presented in a strange and archaic style.

Party gains 50xp each.

Note that Severus successfully identified these symbols in panel 139 above.

Doombringer
2012-02-05, 08:23 PM
Severus looks a little harder and tries to read the runes his eyes adjusting.

Well if I can read them I will aloud.

Xeno55
2012-02-05, 08:40 PM
I assume Severus means the symbols over the alcoves.

The runes are archaic symbols representing Pharasma, her judgement over the dead, peaceful repose of the dead, and similar themes. The most common symbols are representations of spirals.

Doombringer
2012-02-05, 11:26 PM
"Well old chaps the runes speak of Pharasma and her judgement over the dead." He shrugged and then said "Come on lets explore the area a little further." Severus then took to moving a little further into the room looking over the dead creatures they had just killed.

Stealth
[roll0]

WOW A GOOD ROLL

Xeno55
2012-02-06, 07:38 AM
Severus begins moving stealthily north. The corridor is 10' wide and stretches ahead as far as anyone can see. Players may follow single file, or make up a formation 2 x 2, or whatever they wish.

If the party wants to make a standard marching order for 10' wide corridors the GM will assume party members always take that formation unless stated otherwise.

SpanishViking
2012-02-06, 09:51 AM
"Wait, bard, maybe the paladin or me'self should go first!"

Doombringer
2012-02-06, 06:33 PM
"Fair enough..I was just scouting ahead before we ran into something we did not expect." Severus then stopped and said. "If you want to be smart about it one of you should go in the front and one should guard the rear in case something comes from behind."

Beowulf DW
2012-02-06, 07:38 PM
Excellent idea! Sir Dwarf, shall I stand as the vanguard?

Nesori
2012-02-06, 07:56 PM
"I have no problems with not being infront of whatever beast wants to eat us, last time it happend I saw stars. Tora bluntly states "Lead on."

Xeno55
2012-02-06, 08:00 PM
It sounds like you are leading with the Paladin, then the Bard and Sorcerer side by side, with the fighter guarding the rear.

Xeno55
2012-02-06, 08:12 PM
The corridor ends in a pair of massive bronze doors. They open with surprising ease, revealing:

The ceiling of this cavernous chamber vaults to a height of
sixty feet, forming an architectural wonder unsupported by
any visible columns or buttresses. Forty feet overhead, a
wide stone bridge with an elaborately carved railing arches
over the chamber from north to south, joining two sets of
massive bronze doors at either end. The central portion of
the chamber contains an inlaid spiral symbol and is recessed
into the floor, with eight staircases leading up to a wide ledge
that encircles the room ten feet above. On this ledge stand
bronze doors to the east and west. Eight larger-than-life
statues stand upon the ledge as well, evenly spaced around
the room’s circumference—seven carved from white stone,
and the eighth carved from black stone.

The party is on the "wide stone bridge" described above, entering the chamber from the south. It would be easy to move north, or to retreat back the way you came. It would be possible in theory to figure out a way to drop 30' down to the lower ledge, or 40' to the lowest part of the room.

This room is a little complicated, feel free to ask questions.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-06, 09:11 PM
What amazing architecture!

I will be amazed if anyone gets that joke.

Doombringer
2012-02-06, 11:19 PM
Severus looks to the group and then at the massive room letting out a slow whistle. "How in the world are we going to get down there?" Severus points to the oddly colored statue. He then takes notice of the other seven and thinks to himself trying to remember the faces or even the names of such people. "Now let us see here."

Knowledge Religion [roll1]

Nesori
2012-02-07, 12:05 AM
"These statues are huge! How they do they even build these things?" Tora exclaims, surprised to see such architecture exsisting at all, before trying to determine if any of it looks familiar.

Knowledge: Planes [roll0]
Knowledge: Arcana [roll1]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:39 AM
Knowledge Religion [roll1]

Seven of the room’s statues are carved from white
marble with exquisite detail. Each statue portrays
a different figure, though the figures all bear an
imperious mien. Severus recognizes the statues as
the seven runelords of ancient Thassilon.
Clockwise around the cathedral,
starting with the southwestern statue , the
statues depict: a tall man with gems set in his
forehead, wielding a flaming glaive (Karzoug, Runelord
of Greed); a beautiful woman with wild hair, holding
a ranseur (Alaznist, Runelord of Wrath); a voluptuous,
nude woman wielding a two-headed guisarme (Sorshen,
Runelord of Lust); a short, smiling man holding a
longspear (Krune, Runelord of Sloth); an obese man
with rotting flesh, wielding a scythe (Zutha, Runelord
of Gluttony); a handsome, bearded man in extravagant
clothes, wielding a lucerne hammer (Xanderghul,
Runelord of Pride); and an imperious, heavyset woman
holding a mirror and a halberd (Belimarius, Runelord
of Envy).

The eighth statue (in the south-southeast part of
the room) is carved from dark diorite and is threefold
in form, portraying a tall woman with three faces
looking in three different directions. One side has a
kind face and cradles a baby in its arms, while a second
side displays a more stern expression and holds an
hourglass. The third face has a crazed look; its hands
are empty, but thornless roses twine up both arms. The statue
as an archaic representation of Pharasma in her three
aspects: the midwife, the reaper, and the prophet.

The party gains 400 xp each.

SpanishViking
2012-02-07, 10:07 AM
Thorik takes a look at the place. "Huge caverns, unbelievable carvings... This just got more homy.", he concludes with a smile. He then checks the room for anything helpful.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): [roll0]
Knowledge (Engineering): [roll1]
Knowledge (History): [roll2]
Knowledge (Local): [roll3]
Perception: [roll4]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 11:03 AM
Thorik notices the great age of the place, and the solidity of the walkway the party is on, but nothing else.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 02:26 PM
"Homy or homely?" says Cain, feeling somewhat unnerved by such monuments to sin.

Religion check, seeing if I can do any better than Severus: [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 03:21 PM
Cain learns nothing new.

SpanishViking
2012-02-07, 06:01 PM
"We should check if those doors in the other side are as easy to open as these ones, lads." comments Thorik pointing at the bronze doors in the other side of the room. He then begins walking across the bridge.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 06:20 PM
Deciding that Thorik may need some help with the doors, Cain accompanies him.

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 06:40 PM
Thorik and Cain lead the way across the walkway. It is 90' across, and the 2 bronze doors to the north also open easily. The corridor continues ahead into the darkness.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 06:42 PM
"I'll take the lead again, I guess," says Cain, raising his shield slightly as he steps forward.

Nesori
2012-02-07, 06:44 PM
Tora readies his crossbow, keeping his distance but staying with the party

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 06:57 PM
Cain leads. The party advances 100' into a T intersection, the party may proceed east or west.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 07:05 PM
Cain takes out a gold coin.

"Shall we let fate decide?"

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 07:18 PM
I guess that would be 1d2.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-07, 07:20 PM
"Heads: we go east. Tails: we go west. Any objections?"

SpanishViking
2012-02-07, 07:24 PM
"No. Go west. Always.". Thorik's voice sounds grim as he prompts the party to the west corridor.

Doombringer
2012-02-07, 08:13 PM
Severus looks to Thorik and arches a brow before shrugging. "Alright and you all should know a little about the statues back there before you touch them or anything." Severus then goes into detail revealing names and titles leaving nothing out. "I myself would like to inspect the statue of Pharasma." He then moved to the back letting his person slip into the shadows.

Stealth [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-07, 08:29 PM
On the one hand I want to keep the party moving, PbP moves so slow as it is. On the other hand I don't want to interfere with characters free will. My sense of the party is that no one really minds going west, and Thorik is set on it, so I will move the party west. If anyone thinks I am taking away too much free will let me know.

Seventy feet to the west there is a door to the north and a door to the south. Both are strong, bronze doors. The corridor continues ahead to a four way intersection in another seventy feet.

Nesori
2012-02-07, 10:47 PM
"Seems we have some exploring to do, how about we go through the closest left door first?" Tora asks, gesturing at the 'south' door

Doombringer
2012-02-08, 11:23 PM
Severus looks to Tora and nods "The south door sounds good to me so after you Thorik." Severus then slowly summons his instrument back smiling. " How about a little melody to get the mood brighter in this place?" The instrument is strummed lightly and soon his voice fills the air with a light but happy tune.

Perform [roll0]

Inspire Courage +1 to attack and Damage rolls.

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 08:04 AM
We await Thorik's decision

SpanishViking
2012-02-09, 11:01 AM
"Alright, let's go." Thorik then pushes the southernmost door. "Boo!"

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 11:23 AM
The smooth floor and ceiling of this circular room have been
polished to a glossy shine, and the curving walls appear to
be made of a faintly silver reflective material as smooth and
flawless as glass.

The room has a 20' diameter, and no visible doors. It seems empty.

SpanishViking
2012-02-09, 11:25 AM
"Oh. OH. Oh, well... Strange."

Beowulf DW
2012-02-09, 02:31 PM
"Incredible. I never knew they made rooms this shiny."

Cain cautiously places the coin he was about to toss on the floor of the room and slides it across to see if the room is as smooth-polished as it appears to be.

Nesori
2012-02-09, 02:33 PM
Tora uses detect magic and peers into the room, making sure it is clear magical wise as well

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:43 PM
Tora uses detect magic and peers into the room, making sure it is clear magical wise as well

The room detects an aura
of overwhelming conjuration.

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 03:47 PM
Cain cautiously places the coin he was about to toss on the floor of the room and slides it across to see if the room is as smooth-polished as it appears to be.

The floor seems very smooth, although the walls look even smoother. The coin slides easily. Cain's hair stands on end.

Nesori
2012-02-09, 04:03 PM
"Mother of...there is magic all over the room, conjuration" Tora says,reluctantly keeping his eyes on the room so he can obtain more information "Dont enter yet, I might be able to find the source, whoever used it was powerful though"

Knowledge: Arcana [roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 04:17 PM
Tora is unable to discover any more information. Cain has entered the room, pushing the coin on the floor. Thorik stands in the doorway.

Any player may take additional actions.

Doombringer
2012-02-09, 04:34 PM
Severus looks to the others and arches a curious brow thinking to himself "Why would the room be smooth and shine like this?" He looked to the room and slowly touched the wall trying to feel the material of the room. "What in the world is this made out of?"

Xeno55
2012-02-09, 04:41 PM
Severus looks to the others and arches a curious brow thinking to himself "Why would the room be smooth and shine like this?" He looked to the room and slowly touched the wall trying to feel the material of the room. "What in the world is this made out of?"

The wall is exceptionally smooth, like the finest glass. Severus's hair stands on end, he feels a tingling sensation in his limbs, and a deep, thrumming vibration beneath the cold, glassy surface.

SpanishViking
2012-02-10, 11:35 AM
"This is... Argh, I know I have seen this before... I must know it... How can't I know what this is, I'm a dwarf..." mutters Thorik as he drives his hand to his beard and begins to play with his braids.

I'm not sure which of these I have to pick, so I'll roll both.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): 1d20+1
Perception 1d20+4

SpanishViking
2012-02-10, 11:37 AM
Knowledge (Dungeoneering): [roll0]
Perception [roll1]

Didn't roll, so I'll try again.

Knowledge (Dungeoneering): [roll2]
Perception [roll3]

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 04:55 PM
Unlikely as it seems this room is outside of Thorik's experience.

Doombringer
2012-02-10, 05:09 PM
"This is extravagant ..the musical hum...it is most elegant..." Severus looks to the others snapping out of the trance. "We need to get out of this room NOW!" Severus eyes went wide he had fell victim to something without realizing. He just hoped it was not to late. "It is a trap the magic is going to claim us all! The magic is coming up the hum... the magic is going to come to a massive release!!" Severus then moved quickly to the door trying to get out.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 05:24 PM
Severus has left the room.

Nesori
2012-02-10, 06:52 PM
Tora followed Severus out as quickly as possible, not wanting to think what such a powerful aura contains

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 06:55 PM
Tora leaves the room.

SpanishViking
2012-02-10, 07:02 PM
"Wh-what?! You should have told us before..." screams Thorik running for his life.

I will be back for the weekend, make Thorik do standard actions if needed.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 07:07 PM
Thorik bolts out of the room.

Thanks for letting us know, and see you Monday. Until then Thorik will bring up the rear.

It is up to Cain to decide if he will also flee this apparently terrifying room.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-10, 08:52 PM
Cain decides that discretion is most certainly the better part of valor, and retreats from the room.

Xeno55
2012-02-10, 09:18 PM
The party successfully escapes from ... well, whatever.

Players may take actions as they wish. The door closes on the room to the south, there is a door to the north, and the corridor stretches west to a T intersection, or east back the way you came.

Doombringer
2012-02-11, 08:25 PM
Severus looked to the group and smiled happy that everyone made it out. "The humming that trap reacts to our bodies did you not feel it?" Severus then looked to Thorik and frowns "I am sorry the hum was trance like and a musical death trap. We can wait for you to compose yourself before we continue."

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 09:36 PM
Thorik is temporarily being played by the GM. The other party members are free to continue to take actions.

Nesori
2012-02-11, 10:43 PM
"Right...north room then? Before we head further down into this side. Tora asks the group, breathing heavily from his running

Doombringer
2012-02-11, 11:49 PM
Severus looks to him and smiles "Fun though right Tora?" Severus then pats the fellow on the back and says. "Well the closest door would be my vote. If all the rooms are like that one we could be in trouble." Severus laughs before moving to the closest door and checking if it was locked.

Well I hope they both come back soon.

Xeno55
2012-02-11, 11:53 PM
The party opens the door to the north, and discovers a room.

The smooth floor and ceiling of this circular room have been
polished to a glossy shine, and the curving walls appear to
be made of a faintly silver reflective material as smooth and
flawless as glass.

The room has a 20' diameter, and no visible doors. It seems empty.

Nesori
2012-02-12, 12:52 AM
"Fun and games until someone gets blown up by a magic"Tora casts detect magic again "a silver says this room also filled with some arcane trap" He scans the room

Knowledge: Arcana in case there is a magic source capable of being tracked[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 07:34 AM
The room detects an aura
of overwhelming conjuration.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-12, 10:47 AM
Cain takes a deep breath, and broadens his senses, searching for the tell-tale signs of evil.

Detect evil on the room. The range is a 30' cone so I should be able to cover most of the room with this.

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 11:48 AM
There is no aura of evil anywhere in the room.

Nesori
2012-02-12, 01:22 PM
"Same as the previous room" Tora quickly states before looking away from the room, he rubs his temples lightly "All this magic is giving me a headache..."

Doombringer
2012-02-12, 01:50 PM
Severus looked to group before moving inside to touch the walls once more trying to discern why two rooms were exactly alike. He if hearing the humming sound would back out of the room quickly. "I know this does not seem very smart but what if it is key to figuring this place out?"

Xeno55
2012-02-12, 02:40 PM
Severus enters and touches the wall.

The wall is exceptionally smooth, like the finest glass. Severus's hair stands on end, he feels a tingling sensation in his limbs, and a deep, thrumming vibration beneath the cold, glassy surface.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-12, 03:08 PM
"Careful, Severus. If anyone's going to set off a trap, I'd prefer that it be me."

Nesori
2012-02-12, 05:15 PM
"If were going to try and set off the trap, I could summon something in the room and see what happens." Tora shrugs "And if it doesn't set off anything, there may not be a trap at all."

Beowulf DW
2012-02-12, 08:51 PM
"That sounds safest to me. By all means, summon away. The two of you better get behind me, though." says Cain as he drops into a fighting stance.

"If anything decided to pop out on your summon, it might come after us next."

Doombringer
2012-02-12, 11:29 PM
Severus looked to Cain and the others moving out of the room. "That would be a wise decision." He then stepped back behind Cain and summoned his banjo once again starting to strum the strings once more. He was soon singing a song that was mellow and relaxing. " I had a friend named rambling Bob..." Severus was trying to lighten the mood and strengthen the groups resolve.

Inspire courage +1 attack and Damage
Perform Banjo [roll0]

Nesori
2012-02-13, 12:13 AM
Tora makes hand gestures, pointing at the center of the glass room. "Come and serve me, beast of magic!" he makes one final point to the center of the room where the creature appears

Cast: Summon Monster I, summoning an infernal dire rat, If I'm able to directly order it I'm just telling it to run around and investigate the room

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:32 AM
Banjo music echoes down the hallways. A dire rat appears and runs around the room, sniffing. After a round it disappears.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-13, 09:46 AM
Cain glances uncertainly at Tora.

"Was that suppose to happen?"

Doombringer
2012-02-13, 03:18 PM
"I am slightly confused...what just happened Tora?" Severus slowly stopped playing his instrument before and looked to the dire rat. "Shelyn help me am I EVER CONFUSED." Severus then pulled his blade waiting for anything to jump out and attack.

Perception
[roll0]

SpanishViking
2012-02-13, 04:13 PM
"What? I didn't notice anything..."

Thorik grabs his greataxe and shield and readies his stance too.

Perception: [roll0]

Nesori
2012-02-13, 04:55 PM
Tora nods "I cannot get them to stay around very long, but it didn't explode or burst into flames from its investigation, albiet short" Tora looks uncertainly into the room and takes one step in

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 04:59 PM
Tora enters the room.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-13, 06:05 PM
"Wait! Whatever secret these rooms hold, we should face them together."

Cain edges into the room, in front of Tora.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:19 PM
Cain enters the room, and finds that the hair on his body stands on end.

SpanishViking
2012-02-13, 06:32 PM
"Wait, why are we so obsessed with these rooms? We should check out the rest and THEN, if we don't find what we're looking for, come here and decipher whatever this is."

Nesori
2012-02-13, 06:41 PM
Tora knocks on the wall to see if there is anything inside it somehow "If you insist Thorik, we would probably end up staying around all day trying to figure it out anyway"

Perception Roll:[roll0]

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 06:48 PM
Tora touches the wall.

The wall is exceptionally smooth, like the finest glass. Tora's hair stands on end, he feels a tingling sensation in his limbs, and a deep, thrumming vibration beneath the cold, glassy surface.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-13, 07:36 PM
"Whatever forces are at work in this room, I challenge thee to show thyselves!" shouts Cain, dropping into an archaic speech pattern, likely from having heard too many stories about knights in shining armor.

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 07:39 PM
Cain is impressively dramatic, yet not force deigns to show itself in response to his challenge.

Doombringer
2012-02-13, 07:43 PM
Severus did not walk in but see the rat disappear his mind got to thinking. He then strolled over to the room where they just came from and opened the door. "I wonder if this ..well I have heard of magical transports so.." He was looking for the rat in the other room. "Though why would they put transporters so close together?"

Xeno55
2012-02-13, 08:00 PM
Severus's idea, while logical, does not seem accurate - the room to the south is empty.

Nesori
2012-02-14, 05:44 PM
"A wizard once said any plan can be solved with proper application of finesse and intellect, lets see if he's right" Tora says before pulling out his club and hits the wall of the room, trying to see if it will break

For smashing the wall:[roll0]

SpanishViking
2012-02-14, 05:52 PM
"Whatever… wake me up when you're tired of screwing around." Thorik walks around 30' from the doors and leans onto the wall. Soon his snorts can be loud and clearly heard, and the party even slightly feels the ground may be shaking a little.

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 05:55 PM
Tora smashes his club against the wall, generating a tiny dent in the wall and an echoing smashing sound. Gradually the dent disappears, as if it were healing itself.

Tora's hair stands on end, he feels a tingling sensation in his arm holding the club.

Doombringer
2012-02-14, 06:58 PM
"I think we should leave it be for now Tora and perhaps come back to it later." Severus then moves out of the room and begins to head toward Thorik wanting to explore a little more in depth. "Let us hope we can find a way to get to those statues."

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 07:17 PM
If the party wishes to ignore the rooms the corridor may be followed to the east or the west.

Nesori
2012-02-14, 07:47 PM
"erm...right. I suppose it would be smart to come back to this later" Tora keeps his club in his hand for a bit to see if the vibration ever goes away "Lead On"

Xeno55
2012-02-14, 08:40 PM
The feeling of vibration in Tora's club hand fades away as he leaves the room.

Beowulf DW
2012-02-14, 09:31 PM
Well, Cain will follow the group, just as long as we decide to do something eventually.