PDA

View Full Version : Discord (MLP) vs. Chaos (Aladdin TAS)

Rhuarc
2012-01-26, 07:33 PM
After rewatching the old Aladdin animated series this matchup suddenly dropped into my head.
Here we have 2 pretty much almighty spirits of disorder that in my opinion should be fairly evenly matched.

The setup I imagine would go something like this:
Chaos hears a faint rumor about a far away land (Equestria) where everything is said to be locked into a state of perfect order.
It is even said that the inhabitants of the land can control the very forces of nature, allowing them to shape the day/night cycle, the weather and the seasons themselves to their will.

Thinking to liven up this place Chaos teleports over there, and finds himself in the royal palace garden of Canterlot.
As a start he decides to wake all the garden statues to life, and doing so he accidentally releases Discord from his imprisonment.

Discord comes to himself and feels at once the powers radiating from the other entity.
Not willing to share all the fun it would be to plunge Equestria into disorder he orders Chaos to leave his domain.
Being ordered does not sit well with Chaos at all, and it is ON.

Chaos:
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Chaos_%28Aladdin%29

Discord:
http://villains.wikia.com/wiki/Discord

Litewarior
2012-01-26, 07:53 PM
I'd say Chaos would win, because Chaos is a deity, whereas Discord is a Spirit.

Soras Teva Gee
2012-01-26, 07:57 PM
These kind of match-ups are silly. Incomprehensible levels of power versus incomprehensible level of power. I think DC comics provided the answer when they put Batmite and Mxyzptlk against each other

Mxyzptlk+Batmite=Anti-Life

A similar rule applies to all such cases.

(Discord of course is by far the more charismatic of this match)

Candle Jack
2012-01-26, 08:34 PM
I never really cared for the notion of Anthromorphic Personifications of concepts like Chaos, Discord or what-have-you. I guess the idea of embodying abstractions in the form of, say, a talking cat always struck me as silly.

I do like Chaos' one quote, though.

"I never liked Fate. Pre-destination goes against the grain. Besides, he cheats at cards."