PDA

View Full Version : Tier my Homebrew!

Kane0
2012-01-30, 08:44 PM
Hey all, i'd rather not thread necro some of my homebrew so I thought i'd ask on a new thread on behalf of all my 'brewed classes.

Could anyone please have a look at my Servitor (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223940) base class and tell me what tier you think it belongs in so i can persuade my DM to give it a test run :smallbiggrin:

If you want to tier my other stuff too that would be awesome, but I'm really only looking for The Servitor right now.

Thank you in advance :smallsmile:

Silva Stormrage
2012-01-30, 09:45 PM
Hey, well I would say its around low tier 2. A bit above the Favored Soul in terms of power. It has the ability to chose quite a bit of SLA's and has a good selection of invocations in addition to the patron powers. As well as being able to deal quite a bit of damage with an attuned weapon channeling fervid blast.

Though as a personal note. You should never give a class improved mettle. Its really over powered. You become immune to almost all save or dies and save or sucks.

Kane0
2012-01-30, 10:00 PM
Thanks, i was aiming for mid-high T3 so its pretty close as far as a first homebrew goes i guess :smallsmile:

Kane0
2012-01-30, 10:55 PM
Ive toned it back a bit on the advice of my DM, hopefully this will fit into the mid-high tier 3 now. Can anyone confirm please?

Yitzi
2012-01-30, 11:10 PM
Though as a personal note. You should never give a class improved mettle. Its really over powered. You become immune to almost all save or dies and save or sucks.

So why is that a bad thing? The wizards can do with some humility.

Just make sure it's weak enough otherwise to be killed by an equal-level fighter (or at least barbarian) without any debuffs; otherwise it would indeed be too overpowered.

Kane0
2012-02-02, 01:23 AM
Well i already have half cha bonus to saves, so either evasion mettle would probably be too much anyway. Ive changed that now.

The time is fast approaching my DMs final call on this, can anyone confirm which tier the Servitor now belongs in?

Pretty please :smallbiggrin: