PDA

View Full Version : The Legend of Arrrghcloak Begins!

rewinn
2012-01-31, 11:11 AM
Now it can be told: the ultimate OOTS spinoff.

Arrrghcloak the Pirate ...

... and his sidekick Xykon the Ninja!

What amusing hijincks shall ensue?

Emulgator
2012-01-31, 11:13 AM
Why, he'll fight the devilishly handsome capitain Julio Scoundrel of course.

Shale
2012-01-31, 11:20 AM
I am desperately hoping this is the setup for a Kickstarter prize.

Werbaer
2012-01-31, 11:57 AM
He has to fight the The Legendary Black Beast of Aaaaarrrrrrggghhh

Omergideon
2012-01-31, 11:58 AM
Xykon.......a Ninja.........really..........
I saw him more as another Skull and Crossbones Pirate type myself. Long Xykon Silver or such........

Nerd-o-rama
2012-01-31, 12:03 PM
Clearly, instead of hating Azure City's paladins and samurai, Arghcloak will be rivals with its ninja.

King of Nowere
2012-01-31, 12:03 PM
Arrrghcloak, the grumpy pirate.
It is said that the grumpy pirate never smiled, ever!
Seriously, hass anyone ever seen redcloak smiling?

And he brougth to knees a big port city without even using a ship!

Pory
2012-01-31, 12:15 PM
The Legend of Arrrghcloak: The Snarl Waker :smallbiggrin:'

martianmister
2012-01-31, 12:33 PM
Seriously, hass anyone ever seen redcloak smiling?

Panel 8. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html)

And it's just one of many...

Joxer t' Mighty
2012-01-31, 12:35 PM
Panel 8. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0465.html)

And it's just one of many...
That's a smirk. Doesn't count.

Emulgator
2012-01-31, 12:37 PM
At first I thought so too. But talking smiling Redcloak was like three strips from the current.Non talking but smiling Redcloak? Now that's a challenge.

Michaeler
2012-01-31, 01:02 PM
Proper Redcloak smiles (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0703.html).

Wou
2012-01-31, 01:19 PM
Last two panels (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0300.html)

Ridureyu
2012-01-31, 01:20 PM
I approve of this thread. I also approve of Arrrghcloak getting a cutlass.

pendell
2012-01-31, 03:00 PM

How long will it be before someone in Arts&Crafts takes up the challenge?

Respectfully,

Brian P.

faustin
2012-01-31, 06:08 PM

What he really needs is a catchy pirate song, "Shiver my Timber" style.:smallcool:

ti'esar
2012-01-31, 10:37 PM
This really does need to have someone in Arts & Crafts make a "poster" for it.

OPM
2012-02-01, 01:44 AM
Xykon.......a Ninja.........really..........
I saw him more as another Skull and Crossbones Pirate type myself. Long Xykon Silver or such........

Damn, now a picture of that would make a fine mystery prize.

Xapi
2012-02-01, 07:26 AM
StickTales retelling of some fitting pirate tale covering the adventures of Arrrghclaok and Queen Pirate Haley?

rbetieh
2012-02-01, 02:02 PM
The real question now is what is he hiding under the eyepatch? Another eyepatch? A treasure map? The phylactery? Options are endless for now it could be an eyesocket of holding!

Flame of Anor
2012-02-01, 03:10 PM
The real question now is what is he hiding under the eyepatch? Another eyepatch? A treasure map? The phylactery? Options are endless for now it could be an eyesocket of holding!

He could fill it with water and then do some pretty freaky fake weeping. Or with a loaded crossbow as a holdout weapon! That would be so cool.

Draconi Redfir
2012-02-01, 03:39 PM
Arrrghcloak shall sail the seven seas on his ship "Xykon the shorecrosser" and with his first mate Jirix and his brother White-eye, whose name is derived from the blind right-eye he was born with, the entire thing lacking in a pupil. Together the three of them and their crew of mixed Goblinoids act as pirates with a cause, stealing and looting from their enemy Azurite ships in order to provide for their self-proclaimed island-nation of Gobbotopia, a refuge discovered by the legendary dark-one in eons past, word of it's existence only spreads between goblinoids of all types by word of mouth. It is said that only a Goblinoid's darkvision combined with his precise hearing will be able to locate the island, as it is almost permanently covered by a shroud of dark mist given off by the dark-ones famed shadowy pet, an immortal being who’s appearance has never been known. Yet every day he watches over Gobbotopia isle from it's lone mountain, it's fog-piercing eyes able to view any oncoming ships and direct them towards the isle using various sounds only those of sensitive hearing can detect. However, unless said person with said sensitive hearing also possesses true darkvision, they will likely crash into one of the many stone spikes and cliffs that protect the isle.

Very few non-goblinoids make it safely onto the isle, and of those who do, even fewer are allowed to leave.

It is unfortunate that Gobbotopia-isle possesses no natural resources other then those needed to survive, there is no excess magical ore or herbs, no rare animals or farmable crops. No nation would trade with the island, as the island has nothing of value to trade. This is why arrrghcloak and his crew must steal, if only to provide for their home long enough until some form of specialized and tradable craft can be discovered to provide in their place. It is only then that the crew will accept their ultimate judgement.

Winter Light
2012-02-01, 03:46 PM
Release the Kraken!

...Or, erm, rather. The... Snarl?

The Monster in the Dark?

The Kraken in the Dark?

ArtosSwiftblade
2012-02-01, 07:08 PM
As soon as I read the line in comic, I predicted a pertinent forum thread.

:smallbiggrin:

Flame of Anor
2012-02-01, 07:24 PM
Release the Kraken!

...Or, erm, rather. The... Snarl?

The Monster in the Dark?

The Kraken in the Dark?

The Snarkin' in the Darken

rewinn
2012-02-02, 08:15 PM
Arrrghcloak turned to piracy after becoming an orphan. He offered tactical advice to a Pirate King ....

Arrrghcloak: You make it a point of never attacking a weaker party than yourselves, and when you attack a stronger one you invariably get thrashed!

[The indignant pirates mutter and advance on him.]

The Pirate King: (holding up a finger) There's some truth in that.

... and they burst into song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfxauUzKsw)

Flame of Anor
2012-02-02, 08:53 PM
Arrrghcloak turned to piracy after becoming an orphan. He offered tactical advice to a Pirate King ....

Arrrghcloak: You make it a point of never attacking a weaker party than yourselves, and when you attack a stronger one you invariably get thrashed!

[The indignant pirates mutter and advance on him.]

The Pirate King: (holding up a finger) There's some truth in that.

... and they burst into song. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmfxauUzKsw)

For it is, it is a glorious thing to be a Pirate King!!