PDA

View Full Version : Morality Overrated

jasonguppy
2012-02-03, 11:39 PM
Every year, Kesh holds a summer festival. As the sun sets, magical lights start, flashing out on the bridges that connect the towers. Decorations are hung, and the Ehnnorian church holds sun festivities. The festival starts sundown, right before the longest day of the year. Throughout the night partying continues. And when the sun rises, prayers are held and everybody waits. Thieves and pickpockets take advantage, stealing from those bewildered or just plain drunk. This year is especially important because at this New Year's festival, it is the new century as well. Welcome to Kesh, 1699 DR.

Sliver
2012-02-04, 05:26 AM
Frae'el sat down at a table by the side of the street, setting a bottle of ale on it and pouring some into a mug. He put his feet on the table and began scanning through the street, watching the people.

His plans were unclear yet so the ale was quite important at the moment. He only had that one little thing that still tied him to his past, but he wasn't sure himself why.

On his way there he was sure to notice one of his father's contacts, but he would not bother approaching.

Finishing his mug of ale Frae'el stood up and walked into the street, blending into the festive crowd.

gparali
2012-02-04, 07:23 AM
“What does this mean” mumbled Samnemath as he gazed at the city of Kesh. Why did his dreams lead him back here? What did his God want from him? Revenge for his fallen priests? Did he want him to find another temple and return back to his old life, like nothing ever happened? Or maybe his dreams didn’t come from Nerull. Maybe he didn’t give a damn. Maybe it was all a product of his subconscious.

He drowned this last thought. It was too troubling. “It doesn’t matter” he thought as he started walking toward the city gates. Mingling with the travellers, coming here for the celebrations, he entered the city.

His God had a purpose for him. It wasn’t for him to question it.

raistlinsama
2012-02-04, 11:26 AM
Here I am - thought Lydia to herself. Four years since she left Kesh, leaving behind the corpses of her not-at-all lamented husband an Kallan, her older brother. She wondered if lender, her younger brother, was ready now to take the reins of the family trade. If yes, she hoped he needed a little help to... accelerate the succession. Her father and father in law still owned her the price for almost destroying her life.

Still, in some twisted way I should be grateful, now I am more than what I used to be, or could have hoped to become. But this was also what worried her: the last few months she felt almost a need to get back to Kesh. It was lust for revenge finally overcoming caution, or her new instincts calling her back? She wasn't a priestess, but she still was devoted to the Ruby Sorceress...could it be Her call driving Lydia back home?
Getting back into the city without being noticed or recognized should be easy with the crowd coming for the Festival.
Once inside, I shall find answers.

It was time to go. Her past and her future were waiting in Kesh.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 11:51 AM
Standing over the festivities was a cloaked man. A sliver of light escaped from under his hood as he watched several people moving about town. Their evil auras could plainly be seen as convulsing red clouds. "They must be dealt with." he whispered.

Sliver
2012-02-04, 02:18 PM
Frae'el stared at one of the street performers as he continued thinking about what his next move should be. His money was running low so he had to get some kind of income soon or his life will be much harder...

He knew that it would be best to find some companions to cover his weaknesses, but where would he start? Put up some flies? Go to a tavern and look for random strangers? What was one supposed to do in such a situation? Frae'el shook his head and turned away from the performer and walked into the crowd, looking for something special, or trouble.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 03:23 PM
Near the spot where Frae'el walked, the Carmine Chameleon inn hung from its support beams anchored on the ramp above. It was shaped like a large wooden chameleon hanging upside down and painted a gaudy pinkish color. The ramp, which was formed from the tongue, stuck out onto the bridge.

gparali
2012-02-04, 03:40 PM
Samnemath watched the festivities from an unattended roof. He held only contempt for the masses beneath him, clueless people that celebrated something of no importance. Their lives would be as dreary tomorrow as they were yesterday.

“I should get down and search a room for the night” he mumbled. His money was dwindling, he needed to decide what to do, and soon. “Tomorrow, I’ll decide tomorrow” he thought as he went hunting for a room.

He walked for a while when he saw an inn, the “Carmine Chameleon”. “Chameleon, an animal that hides, blends and shoots….fitting” Samnemath smiled and entered the building.

Lelith
2012-02-04, 04:09 PM
Reywa had just now entered Kesh, sighing in annoyance at the time it took her. Then again, when your more used to walking through allies you forget that in the wilderness running an option. She looked about the festival, dodging and weaving through people as she, too, started to look for an inn to stay for the night, Winking at a few pretty faces that she passed by.

Sliver
2012-02-04, 04:34 PM
Frae'el smiled as he examined the design of the tavern. He found it quite an outstanding way for a tavern to stand out. He hopped unto the ramp and walked into the building.

Frae'el walked up to a tavern wench "Any free beds left during these festive times? Something cheap..." He says and waits for an answer, "So what's the word around? It seems I've been out of the social cycle around here for a while..." He said and added a fake awkward smile.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 05:31 PM
"Eh?" said the tavern wench. "Oh, sure, plenty of rooms. I've heard that the high priest of Nerull is in this very tavern!" he says to Frae'el with a grimace. "I wouldn't recognize him meself, o'course, i don't get involved in them black market affairs."

Sliver
2012-02-04, 06:14 PM
"Not involved with the black market? Oh but where is the fun in that?" Frae'el teases jokingly.

"But a priest of Nerull? That sounds excitingly dark and dangerous. What would one do around here for the festival?" Frae'el wonders aloud as he looks around. He began to think about contacting his aunt as he looked at the tavern wench again.

"Say, things must be overwhelming at this time I'm seeking to earn some coin and perhaps meet some people in the meanwhile, need any help?"

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 06:25 PM
"Well, that high priest comes from the reaper's claw district, undercity, methinks. They closed it off three years ago, but some say that there's a temple of Nerull down there. Never, o'course. But we do have an available job, now you mention it. We need someone to wash the shop floors, afterhours, y'see. Pays a nice sum of 1 silver a day."

raistlinsama
2012-02-04, 06:33 PM
Entering thee city with the crowd of visitor had been easy enough. Now it was time to find a place to stay for the night. Lydia knew enough to avoid places where her past acquaintances were even remotely likely to show up. A tavern not too far from the gates would do: more likely to be full of outsiders. Posing as an outsider herself would make easier to getup to date with the city state of business without arousing suspicions. And among those strangers perhaps there would be someone needing her set of skills, and whose skills she needed.

Carmine Chameleon... Let's have a look in there she thought climbing the ramp/tongue to enter the tavern.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 06:39 PM
"Well, that high priest comes from the reaper's claw district, undercity, methinks. They closed it off three years ago, but some say that there's a temple of Nerull down there. Never, o'course. But we do have an available job, now you mention it. We need someone to wash the shop floors, afterhours, y'see. Pays a nice sum of 1 silver a day."

Userrname
2012-02-04, 07:38 PM
Rynar is growing bored with the party. He's managed to use his family name to get an invitation to the hottest social event in town but he is disappointed with the lack of nobility. He's decided to take the Lady Dilam back to a small tavern in order to get to know her better...and to relieve her of her jewelry. They walk towards the closest tavern. She's tipsy (or pretending to be) and he's bored but pretending to enjoy her company. They walk in.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 08:28 PM
The innkeeper at the Carmine Chameleon glances as the door opens to a couple who walk in. He shrugs and gets back to ordering the cash register.

raistlinsama
2012-02-04, 08:33 PM
Once in the tavern she looked around at the people in there, while looking for the innkeeper or a serving girl to ask for accommodation and news.

jasonguppy
2012-02-04, 10:13 PM
The innkeeper looks up to Lydia. "Looking for room and board?"

raistlinsama
2012-02-04, 11:02 PM
Yes please. I am in the city for the festival and possibly business after that. She allowed a small smile to barely reach her lips, she didn't want to intimidate the innkeeper.
Pray tell, it's been nearly four years since the lest time I was in Kesh, and news were scarce in the North. Much has changed in the towers or below?
This should give her some news, and avoid drawing the attention to her if she let slip something about the city working an outsider may not know.

gparali
2012-02-05, 03:11 AM
Samnemath pauses for a few moments at the door, observing the room’s layout and the rest of the patrons.

Walking to the innkeeper, he passes near a man and the waitress chatting. A smile appears on his face as he hears the words of the waitress: “……high priest of Nerull is in this very tavern!”

“This is surely a sign! But how will I recognize him?” he thinks while he looks around.

“First things first” he mutters under his breath. He walks behind the woman already talking with the innkeeper, waiting patiently for his turn and listening to their conversation with interest.

Sliver
2012-02-05, 08:23 AM
Frae'el lowered his head to consider working for the Carmine Chameleon.

We aren't alone.

He looks back up to the girl and notices a faint smile as a man begins to walk away. How peculiar.

"I will think about it, thank you." Frae'el says, "could I have some water for now?" he tosses a coin, which lands on the table with an audible *ding* and spins for a bit.

A priest of Nerull, those rumors wouldn't be a secret. Someone would likely be looking for him...

Frae'el considered the option carefully as he looked around, examining the tavern. He was ready to do some dirty work to earn his coin, many legends start their way poorly, but a chance might present itself soon, and a fight could begin soon. Frae'el just hoped to be caught in the crossfire.

As he examined his surroundings, immersing himself in the details, Frae'el overheard a woman... Returning from the north? Well, a chance to find out some more news. Frae'el leaned forward, not bothering to disguise his interest.

Frae'el examines the tavern, how full it is, how is it lit, is something hanging from the ceiling and how high it is...

jasonguppy
2012-02-05, 12:12 PM
"Well", the innkeeper says to Lydia. "That reapers' claw place" he begins to whisper. "Got closed of three years ago."

OOC: Well, Frae'el can see that this floor is about eight feet high, but the entire building is about twenty-five. The upper eight feet is for sleeping uarters, while the bottom most floor is storage. The place itself is both magically and physically anchored above. In this room, there are several tables and chairs, a door to the kitchen, and a small but cheap chandelier.

Sliver
2012-02-05, 02:40 PM
Frae'el takes the mug of water from the serving girl and decides to place himself better. He stands up and slides a chair next to the counter, sitting on it and leaning backwards, the front legs of the chair slightly lifting from the ground. He keeps his eyes on the entrance, examining anyone coming through, while listening to the innkeeper talking to the outsider.

jasonguppy
2012-02-05, 02:48 PM
A blast shakes the inn. "What the hell?" screams the bartender. Explosions of magic and such spray from the bridges above. You hear the beams above creaking on the threshold of a break.
"We know your in there, High Priest!" you hear above the screams. "So come on out!" You can smell smoke and occult steam coming from the inn. Standing at the door are several low ranking Ehnorian priests- you can tell by the one golden stripe on their robes. One dwarf, two gnomes, and a human.

raistlinsama
2012-02-05, 03:00 PM
Lydia turned around towards the door at the commotion.
Ehnorians! What they want? A High Priest? she asked to the innkeeper.

jasonguppy
2012-02-05, 03:09 PM
"We know that the High Priest is hiding here, mister innkeeper." The human walks up to the innkeeper and grabs his collar. "Now where is he?"

"I...I don't know! What does he look like?"

All of the sudden you hear a shuffle coming down the stairs. A withered old man in long robes looks at the Ehnorian priests. "I"m here, i'm here. Now what do you want?" The high priest? He looks way to withered and weak to be a high priest. "However, don't be expecting it."

Sliver
2012-02-05, 03:37 PM
Frae'el stared at the intruders with a frown. "Aren't these supposed to be the good guys?" he mumbled to Lydia who happened to be nearby. Certainly weren't acting the role.

Frae'el pushed the innkeeper aside as soon as the human priest's grip of the collar is loosened and slides swiftly along with the innkeeper to not be between the opposing priests, using the appearance of the high priest as a distraction. He adjusted his belt and his hand was at ready over the rapier's hilt.

Did you get my PM?

gparali
2012-02-05, 04:11 PM
Samnemath watches the elderly priest climbing the stairs. “This is why I am here. I must not let them hurt him”.

As the Ehnorians watch the priest, he quietly retreats from them, readying himself for the battle that will surely ensue.

raistlinsama
2012-02-05, 04:12 PM
"Supposed indeed" she murmured back.

She moved aside to give the stranger that just spoke to her space, he had the look of someone that knew to use that rapier he carried. In the meantime, she began to concentrate on her innate power. Let's see what this high priest is going to do with the Ehnorians. He may need help

jasonguppy
2012-02-05, 04:13 PM
The Ehnorians remain oblivious to Frae'el as he walks closer. The high priest continues. "Now, now, let's not be too hasty. We mustn't get worked up about this." The building shakes as the beams above begin to crack. "Oh my..." He then reaches over to one of the riests who has just walked in. "Now let's shake on it." He grins coldly as his touch glows with energy and the priest falls to the ground, life extinguished.

Userrname
2012-02-05, 10:20 PM
Rynar stops in mid-sentence and stands up abruptly, the Lady spilling onto the floor in a heap. I smell money. Wonder how much that priest'd give me to help him out. Surely more than this old bag. He sidles up to the priest. "Gentlemen, I believe you are mistaken. My friend was just about to join the Lady and I for a drink." He puts his arm around the priest and begins to lead him away. "Come Simeon, we have been waiting for you."

Rynar glances at the dead priest on the floor. He cracks a smile. "Plenty more where that came from I suppose." He promptly removes his arm from the high priest. "Now, where were we? You said we were to meet you here to help you with what again?"

He crosses to the nearest wall to grasp his quarterstaff.

raistlinsama
2012-02-05, 10:45 PM
Lydia looked at the surviving priests, putting up her most stern, cold and intimidating attitude.

Do I need to roll for Intimidate? That would be
[roll0]

"Gentlemen," she said in a slightly mocking tone "I believe a reassessment of your strategies is due. Far from here."

Sliver
2012-02-06, 01:20 AM
As the building shook, Frae'el glanced back, noticing the innkeeper still standing there, shaking with fear and shock. Frae'el grabbed the man's shoulder and squeezed it. "Evacuate. Now." He commanded.

Then he looked around, and slid over the counter, quickly looking for a coin purse or a saving's box, swiping it and sliding back over the counter.

"Enough with these foolish games." There was a quick change in Frae'el's attitude, he couldn't wait anyone, he wanted to be part of this battle, for his blade to taste the glory of the fight. He drew his rapier and held it up, placing it up to one of the priests' back.

"I would advise against their retreat, ma'am. Them seeing your face within the context of cooperating with the high priest over here and then reporting it back... Would hardly make a good first impression on the city guards. Now, you wouldn't want to hide such a pretty face during the festival just because it's poorly drawn on wanted posters all over the city, would you?"

Frae'el lightly bows and delivers an opening swing.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

raistlinsama
2012-02-06, 03:19 AM
Oh my, you are a feisty one, aren't you? she said to Frae'el.

She then summoned her dark power, and laid her hand on the nearest priest

Charnel Touch(su)
Touch attack roll [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

gparali
2012-02-06, 04:41 AM
Samnemath draws his bow and knocks an arrow.
As he pulls the string backwards a small prayer escapes his lips:

“Walker of the dark spirals, Lord of winter, come and embrace them in your dark sleep”

The arrow shines with a cold blue light as it speeds towards its target.

Move action: draw bow
Standard action: fire

Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2] (base damage) + [roll3] (cold damage)

jasonguppy
2012-02-06, 10:28 AM
Lydia's hits the human, her touch draining much color from his cheeks. Though not dead, he is badly injured by the flow of dark energy.

Frae'el slashes through the dwarven priest, and falls to the ground, bleeding out.

Samnemath's arrow narrowly misses the surviving female gnome. She ducks away and has an alarmed look on her face.

It's that time again: roll for initiative.

raistlinsama
2012-02-06, 10:35 AM
Initiative roll [roll0]

gparali
2012-02-06, 11:10 AM
I have already rolled but in case you want a new one

[roll0]

P.S: Shouldn't we have an OOC thread?

Sliver
2012-02-06, 11:54 AM
Initiative [roll0]

Feralventas
2012-02-06, 02:48 PM
[roll0]Initiative

Lelith
2012-02-06, 03:33 PM
Reywa had goten herself sidetracked. Stopping by several places as she slowly made her way to the Inn. Checking out some stores, looking into some houses here and there. MArking her targets, more or less.

Userrname
2012-02-06, 10:05 PM
Rynar eyes the priests, looking for the least menacing one.

He edges towards the weakling, hoping to sneak up on him.

[roll0]

[roll1]

gparali
2012-02-07, 02:06 AM
Samnemath fires two arrows in quick succession at the surviving gnome.

Attack 1:[roll0]
Attack 2:[roll1]

Damage 1:[roll2]
Damage 2:[roll3]

jasonguppy
2012-02-07, 11:11 AM
Both of Samnemath's arrows strike home, and the arrows strike her as she falls with a sickening thump to the ground.

She raises her hand and mutters "Cura" Several of her wounds seal up a little bit.
[roll0]+1

Sliver
2012-02-07, 12:13 PM
Frae'el rushes forward, quickly stepping on a chair and leaping towards the surviving gnome cleric, rapier thrust towards her.

Charge, against I assume a prone foe, PA for 1.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

So... Where is the OOC thread?:smalltongue:

BTW, I suggest next time you roll all initiative and post order, then all players post their actions and you resolve them within initiative order... Saves time IMO.

Also, you can't preview a post with a roll without it changing it's format (nor can you edit rolls into a post) so after you preview, you should hit back and post that.

raistlinsama
2012-02-07, 12:23 PM
Lydia kept her power focused in her hands, touching the priest again. Time to finish the job!

Charnel Touch
Touch Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

PS:
I think we need a OOC thread to discuss game mechanics etc

Userrname
2012-02-07, 02:06 PM
Rynar slams the quarterstaff into a dwarf. He brings the quarterstaff down on the dwarf's head over and over again.

round 1

[roll=damage]1d8

round 2 (if needed)

[roll=damage]1d8

Userrname
2012-02-07, 02:28 PM
Rynar slams the quarterstaff into a dwarf. He brings the quarterstaff down on the dwarf's head over and over again.

round 1
[roll0]

[roll0]

round 2 (if needed)
[roll1]

[roll1]

WHY ISNT THIS WORKING?!!!!!

Sliver
2012-02-07, 03:31 PM
Did you try to edit the rolls into the post after you posted it? Because that doesn't work.

Userrname
2012-02-07, 10:07 PM
Will try again

hit [roll0]
damage [roll1]

round 2 if needed

hit [roll2]
damage [roll3]

gparali
2012-02-09, 05:03 AM
Samnemath fires rapidly at the surviving priests (both on the same if one is alive, if two then one on each)

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2]
Damage 2: [roll3]

Userrname
2012-02-11, 11:43 PM
The final priest falls, mortally wounded by strikes from surrounding tavern goers. The old man looks around at his helpers and snorts. He is ancient by any stretch of the imagination but his eyes hold a look of crafty malevolence. He begins to walk out the door and pauses, seeming to consider something.
Well, come along! There will be more any minute and for one reason or another, you're now involved in this too.With that, he walks out the door without a second glance.

As you walk out the door, the tavern begins to shudder and you can hear shouts and screams from within. The priest makes a motion in the air and the tavern collapses in on itself. Shouts can be heard from all over the quarter. The priest walks into a side alley and disappears behind a door. You hear the sound of many footsteps, some metal and some not. It sounds like the entire town is running to the scene.

Rynar follows the priest into the doorway.

Userrname
2012-02-11, 11:52 PM
OOC thread was a great idea! Here is the link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12704716#post12704716)

Sliver
2012-02-12, 12:41 AM
Frae'el grabs his sack and follows the high priest out the door. As the inn collapses into the street below, he looks at the broken pile a bit sadly. "I really liked that design..." He says as he drops down the still hanging ramp into the walkway and follows the priest through the doorway.

gparali
2012-02-12, 06:35 AM
Samnemath follows the priest.

raistlinsama
2012-02-12, 10:37 PM
Lydia followed the priest and the others out of the inn before it collapsed.

I hope that the high-priest has a place where to go now... she thought

Userrname
2012-02-13, 10:09 AM
http://images.wikia.com/dungeons/images/c/cc/Nerull.gif

The priest hurriedly walks down the stairs. Bolt the door behind you!, he calls from below.

As the characters walk into the door way, the smell of decay and death becomes overwhelming. The stairway is dimly lit and it is difficult to tell how far down it goes. It seems very unstable and supported by ropes.

Roll for balance. DC=10 or you fall down the rest of the way.

At the bottom of the staircase is a medium sized (20x20) room. The room is lit with a torch on the left and the right of an altar at the back of the room. The priest waits in front of the altar. The altar is made of obsidian and bare except for an image of a rotting skull and a sickle.
Before we continue, Nerull must be appeased. Bring the outsider to us. Bring us the disciple of Baalzebul, that we may make an example of him. You can tell he means one of you. As he talks, he pulls out a very large knife. It seems to suck in all of the light around it.

Roll sense motive

achinca
2012-02-13, 10:10 AM
A short man who could use to lose a little bit of weight is walking toward the collapsed inn. He is wearing a scale mail with a buckler at his arm and a mace hanging at his belt.

He quickly evaluates the situation and notices the priest of Nerull walking away from it. He smiles and makes eye contact with him. He pulls out from under his armor a wooden holy medallion of a skull and a scythe. The high priest nods and Axlon nods back and follow the high cleric.

“Thank you Nerull for guiding me here. I will help my brothers who are persecuted from that scourge of goodness.”

achinca
2012-02-13, 10:19 AM
Axlon follows the High Priest of Nerull past the door. The familiar smell of death and decay welcome him. He starts walking down the stairs but they are treacherous and his balance is not good enough and he falls down the stairs. Humbled ne slowly get up and keep his head low, ashamed of his fall.

“Thank you for reminding me of my place, Nerull”

Axlon does appreciate the quality of the holy symbol in front of the altar. He does feel like he is finding his home. When he hears the High Priest asking for a disciple of Baalzebul he looks around the people in the room.

Sense motive roll:
[roll0]

raistlinsama
2012-02-13, 12:33 PM
Roll for balance:[roll0]

Lydia's foot slipped, and down she fell. She rose up, trying to preserve a little dignity... and not feeling very happy with her clumsy self!

Sense Motive:[roll1]

Sliver
2012-02-13, 12:42 PM
Frae'el moves down the unstable stairs with grace and finesse, a slight smile appears on his lips as the others fall down with a thud. He jumps above the last few stairs and lands like a nimble feline. As the priest speaks, he gives him a long stare, Frae'el's smile disappeared and his ears listen sharply to the words. He is no longer amused.

gparali
2012-02-13, 01:02 PM
Balance: (1d20+5)[10]

“Damn, I nearly made a fool of myself” Samnemath cursed inwardly as he almost lost his balance. Although he nearly suffered the same fate, he can't help but smile seeing the others fall down the stairs.

Samnemath felt a sense of peace and awe as he entered the small shrine, but his moment of reflection was interrupted by the words of the priest. Knowing his duty he knocks an arrow on his bow and slips beside the cleric of Nerull eyeing the rest of the group.

Sense Motive: (1d20)[14]

Userrname
2012-02-13, 07:42 PM
No one seems to know who the priest is referring to.

Rynar laughs and says Priest, you must be mistaken. There is no priest of bee- who did you say that was again?

The priest grins coldly. Why, I was referring to YOU. He points at Rynar with the knife.

Rynar looks back at the priest evenly. You are a liar. I see I have made a mistake here. Good day.

Rynar begins to walk towards the stairway.

A tall human runs down the stairs. He wears scale mail and a wooden shield.

Stop him! shouts the priest. He makes no move from the altar. Bring him to me…alive.

1 - Roll for initiative
2 - Roll for attack against a 14.
3 – repeat just in case (this guy is pretty quick)
http://i.imgur.com/tzyF7.jpg

WyvernLord
2012-02-13, 08:08 PM
Liam
"What the hell is going on here." [roll0] initiative.

raistlinsama
2012-02-13, 10:35 PM
Lydia lunged to stop the man, her hand shimmering with power

Attack (Charnel touch) [roll1]. This is a touch attack, so it should bypass the armor bonus to the AC
Attack (Charnel touch) again: [roll2]

WyvernLord
2012-02-13, 10:52 PM
Forgot this. :smallsigh:
Everyone gets +1 to melee attack rolls.
First round I use rally everyone after my first turn gets plus 1d6 damage to melee and ranged damage.
Second round attack [roll0] this only applies if he's next to me in the second round I spend my move action to sustain rally.

gparali
2012-02-14, 02:21 AM
“Alive?” Samnemath mumbles. Not wanting to kill Rynar he waits and fires only if it seems he will escape.

Cold Shot (1hp sacrifice)
Attack: [roll1]
Just in case it’s a critical Attack:[roll2]
Damage:[roll3] + [roll4] (cold) + [roll5] (marshal)

gparali
2012-02-14, 02:23 AM
DM:
Yeah a critical :smallsmile:
Extra damage: [roll0]

Sliver
2012-02-14, 03:57 AM
Frae'el slides swiftly into position to block escape while drawing his rapier. "Don't move." His tone is harsh and his weapon is ready, but his eyes are set upon the priest.

"Do you have proof to your accusations? I don't have a problem with killing, but getting rid of a potential ally on a whim is foolish at best. I did not free myself of my ties to the past to be a simple puppet, so be ready to back your claims. I heard priests are able to detect impure intentions, but faith?"

achinca
2012-02-14, 09:00 AM
Axlon quickly moves to stop the cultist of Baalzebul. He tries to hold him but when the man is making for an escape, he pulls his mace and swings at him in a way to make the cultist inconscious, not dead.

Initiative:
[roll0]

Attack with the heavy mace:
[roll1]

IF hit: NON-LETHAL Damages
[roll2]

To Fra'el "This a sacred place of Nerull. No priest of The Hooded Skeleton would dare lie"

To Rynar "Do not be afraid my friend. Nerull's kiss is the sweetest kiss in the world."

Userrname
2012-02-14, 03:42 PM
Liam makes a rousing speech as Rynar bolts towards the stairs.

Samnemath fires an arrow, piercing the runner through the heart.

Rynar rolls towards the stairs in a heap, dead.

The priest lets out a loud tsk. He walks to the body. You have robbed me of my sacrifice but no matter. He belongs to Nerull now. The priest looks at each person intently, sizing them up one by one. He reaches down and tears a necklace from the corpse’s throat. On a leather cord is a dark fly’s head. The priest casts the token to the ground and looks at the characters again.

You have come because Nerull has called you here. It is time that our friends the priests of Ehnor learn the price of their actions. They have spent many years trying to rid this place of his influence but no more. I will give you three names. They must each be killed within three days. I will give you their names and approximate locations but that is all. I trust that you will bring glory to Nerull with their deaths.

Sister Alona, a female gnome lives and works in the North Temple near the entrance of the town.

Brother Terutho, a male halfling, serves the poor right here in this very district. You can find him in the House of Sorrows.

And Brother Throennd, a male dwarf who serves the farmers in that ramshackle Temple of the Sun on the main road outside of the city.

Your reward, he continues, is here. He crosses to the altar and opens a hidden door behind it. Inside, are the gleam of gold and weapons.

Inside for each of you is a medium magic item (worth 10000 gp) of your choice. I trust you'll choose accordingly. The gold will come later.

WyvernLord
2012-02-14, 03:56 PM
Liam
I lick my lips. "Does this apply to me also?"

achinca
2012-02-15, 08:32 AM
A smile appears on Axlon’s face as he hears the words from the High Priest. He grabs his holy symbol and kisses it, feeling the divine power of Nerull flowing into him.

It will be my pleasure and honor to give Nerull’s kiss to these do gooders.
He takes a very brief look at the treasures and gold in the closet before turning to the rest of the group.

We have 3 targets to offer to the Hooded Skeleton. Before we decide which one we eliminate first, I propose we do some reconnaissance unless His Highness has a preference for the order in which we dispatch these do-gooders.

raistlinsama
2012-02-15, 10:29 AM
Slitting some Ehronites throat agrees with me... she turned towards Axlon
I agree with you, priest, some reconnaissance will be useful. We wouldn't want to have a bunch of Erhon's clerics or guards to show up at the wrong moment.

WyvernLord
2012-02-15, 12:15 PM
Liam
"Just keep in mind that we only have three days. If we take time to scout out the locations then we'll have to hit them fast when attack.
Still staring at the treasure.

gparali
2012-02-15, 12:35 PM
Samnemath bows to the cleric before taking his new equipment from the stash. He then joins the others.

“I concur. We shouldn’t tarry but we shouldn’t be careless either. I suggest we split and reconnoiter the targets inside the city before we decide our next move. And maybe send the most unassuming of us to the gates to scope out if there is increased security there due to the deaths of the priests. What do you say?”

WyvernLord
2012-02-15, 01:01 PM
Liam
"If we're going to split up then we need to decide who goes where. I'm obviously not the stealthiest but I may help anyway."

Sliver
2012-02-15, 01:28 PM
"I doubt there is much point in us splitting up." Says Frae'el. "I doubt most of us here have the stealth or social finesse required to gather information. Besides, we'd need to get rid of all the targets, so merely scouting around before striking each one should be enough..."

achinca
2012-02-15, 01:54 PM
Axlon nods his head "Frae'el is right. We do not have time to gather much information. I think that we should attack our prey in that order: First the halfling who is in the neigborhood. The poors will be better off without his propaganda."

He stops for an instant as if gathering his thoughts. "Next would be the gnome. She lives in the Temple so it might be more complicated. Finally the dwarf who lives outside the city, hiding in the ugly temple of the Sun"

He looks at the rest of the group, waiting for their reaction.

Userrname
2012-02-15, 07:51 PM
The priest looks evenly at Liam. All are welcome to do the Lord’s bidding.

He shuts the doors to the other room and pulls a map from out of his cloak.
This is where we are, he says while pointing at the map.
This is the House of Sorrows. You can find Brother Terutho handing out meals to the lazy vagrants at the midday and evening bells. Listen for the bells. Four for the midday meal and six for the evening meal. You should hurry the bells will-

The priest’s words are drowned out by the sound of bells. They sound very close. They sound six times.

Now go! There isn’t much time. Brother Terutho will hand out bread and cheese tonight. There will be a crowd surrounding him. Lose yourself in them.
He reaches behind the altar. And here take these. He throws five ragged cloaks onto the floor and then flings five dirty bowls to the ground after. You will need these to blend in with the rabble.
The priest walks towards the corpse and pulls out a bag of silver. He pours the silver over the body and begins chanting.
GO NOW! And make the priest suffer.
The body begins to shudder and a moan emanates from the walls all around you. You get the feeling you should leave now.

http://i.imgur.com/y3HZf.jpg

gparali
2012-02-16, 03:18 AM
Samnemath quickly don the cloak and grabs the bowl. He runs up the stair and waits for the others to join him before starting toward the House of Sorrows.

achinca
2012-02-16, 08:43 AM
Axlon is really interested in the ceremony that the High Priest of Nerull is about to start but he knows that staying would be deadly.

May be one day I will be good enough to learn these kind of rituals to help please our Lord Nerull.

He puts on the cloak and grabs a bowl and rush upstairs and asks his group "So how do make that priest pay and suffer if he is encircled by beggars?"

WyvernLord
2012-02-16, 10:42 AM
Liam
"Fire is always a fun option." :smallamused:

Userrname
2012-02-16, 11:31 AM
The noise from below grows louder before the door slams behind the last person out. The House of Sorrows can be seen towering over the ramshackle buildings that surround it. To the right, the group sees a crowd of soldiers pulling corpses and wounded from the wreckage of the tavern. Parts of the tavern still rumble with magical energy. A crowd has gathered around. Some help the soldiers but most stand around looking confused.

roll spot

Moving on the group moves closer to the House of Sorrows. The beginnings of a large crowd can be seen surrounding the building. They seem to be gathered around one area.

Moving closer, the group sees a Halfling standing on a large platform overlooking the crowd. He is tossing bread and cheese from a large brown sack.
Plenty of food for everyone! Gather ‘round. Plenty to go ‘round for the lot of you. Bless you.
The priest continues tossing the food down. The beggars who receive their food must force their way through the remaining horde gathered around the priest.
A dirty human female attempts to scramble up the ladder to the platform but she is quickly pulled down by two clerics standing to either side of the ladder. She is beaten with clubs until she lies in a heap at the foot of the ladder. The priest seems oblivious to all of this. In fact, he doesn’t seem to notice anything around him.

To the west lies a two story building made of wood and brick. It seems to be deserted at this time.

To the south is a one story building that is identical in all respects to the western building except that there seems to be a steady stream of men and women coming in and out.

To the east is a market, busy with merchants trying to get rid of the day’s produce and other goods that are left over. The market is a group of dirty stalls made of cloth and tent poles.

raistlinsama
2012-02-16, 12:30 PM
Spot check: [roll0]

We must get rid of the two bullies. Should we distract them or do something more "permanent"? she murmured to the others.

WyvernLord
2012-02-16, 02:06 PM
Liam
I look thoughtfully at the crowd.
"I apologize for asking but what are your skills. It would help us coordinate our actions better if I we knew each-others skills.
If all else fails though fire is a good way to clear people. But it also might make the priest run so there is a danger there.
Spot check.
[roll0]
Everyone gets plus one to spot from me.

gparali
2012-02-16, 03:26 PM
Spot: [roll0]

“You are right. I am an archer. I am also relatively good at stealth. I can also enhance my shots with magic. I will be pretty useless if we decide to go through the mob. I am pretty comfortable with targets within 150ft so I believe I should go to the roof of that abandoned building and snipe from there.”

achinca
2012-02-16, 03:51 PM
Axlon looks at Liam and nods.

I am a cleric of Nerull. I can give Nerull's touch (Cause MW) to anyone I can put my hands on and deserves it. I can also cure the true believers.

Spot Roll

[roll0] It is + 5 + 1 from Liam

WyvernLord
2012-02-16, 10:44 PM
Liam
"We've got company we need to move now."
I activate rally.
Let's go, archer get the priest the rest of us will cover you.

Userrname
2012-02-16, 11:01 PM
The group moves quickly to the two story building. A quick search reveals no ladder. There is a door in the back of the building that is locked. There are no people near that side of the building. After getting in through the door, the group goes inside. There are no lights and it is difficult to see.

WyvernLord
2012-02-16, 11:08 PM
Liam"Well, anyone have a light.":smalltongue:

gparali
2012-02-17, 02:34 AM
Samnemath lights a sunrod and gives it to someone whou can fight while holding it.

Spot:[roll0]
Listen:[roll1]

achinca
2012-02-17, 08:54 AM
Axlon was about to cast the spell "light" when Samanemath lights his sun rod.

He looks around to get a sense of his surrounding.

Spot: [roll0]
Listen: [roll1]

WyvernLord
2012-02-17, 11:22 AM
LiamI believe you said you are good with stealth. Would you care to scout ahead.
Forgot to mention it I grant plus 1 to listen and search too.
Spot[roll0]
Listen[roll1]

Userrname
2012-02-17, 04:52 PM
Frae'el takes the sunrod and holds it overhead. The light brightens the room, forcing the party to momentarily shade their eyes. The light reveals a large storage lroom full of wooden boxes. A quick search reveals

Couch (30 gp)
Explorer's Outfit (10 gp, 8 lb)
Large Iron Box (2 gp, 100 lb)
Small Cask of Common Spice (5 gp, 5 lb)

A dog lies chained to the wall, it looks up at the group, bored before putting its head back down.

The group runs up a stairway and through a hallway lined with closed doors. At the end of the hall is a single window. Two medium sized people could stand shoulder to shoulder. A look through the window reveals a direct line of sight to the priest. The glow of the rod causes the priest to look towards the building before looking away. The distance to the priest is 30 ft. He is about 5 feet below the group. There is no way to open the window without breaking the glass.

Sliver
2012-02-19, 12:08 AM
Frae'el grabs the sunrod in his teeth and draws his crossbow, loading it before he grabs the sunrod again. "So... Who is the strongest? Anyone who doesn't suck at shooting should be ready for when he breaks the window and then move aside as soon as the shot is out. How does that sound to you?"

WyvernLord
2012-02-19, 12:56 AM
I start rallying.+1d6 damage everyone. I then walk over and smash the window. With my sword.

gparali
2012-02-19, 02:29 AM
Samnemath approaches the window and starts firing. "Doesn't anyone else have missile weapons?" he yells at the others.

Attack 1: [roll0]
Attack 2: [roll1]

Damage 1: [roll2] + [roll3]
Damage 2: [roll4] + [roll5]

Sliver
2012-02-19, 02:58 AM
As soon as the first arrow is out, Frae'el's bolt shoots out of the crossbow.

[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

achinca
2012-02-19, 09:15 AM
Axlon shakes his head.

"I have no range weapon of any use...... Sorry ....."

Userrname
2012-02-19, 07:47 PM
The priest stops in mid-throw as an arrow pierces his shoulder and then a bolt flies into his chest immediately afterwards. He drops the bread and begins to panic. He attempts to climb down the ladder. The two guards begin looking around for the source of the attack.
Some of the onlookers shout angrily and also look for the attackers. Most of the beggars have started to run for cover. The scene is chaotic. Reywa fires another arrow piercing the priest's leg and he falls from the ladder. The group hears a scream and then nothing.
Suddenly two strange dogs appear on the platform and begin looking around. One of them stares into the window and makes growling noises. The other dog turns to stare into the window. Three priests of Eihnor run around the corner towards the platform.
It's time to go.

WyvernLord
2012-02-19, 10:02 PM
Next location then. Hit them hard and fast then get the hell out.:smallbiggrin:I haven't done this in a while.

Sliver
2012-02-20, 03:32 AM
"Let's go after the gnome girl next." Says Frae'el as he switches back to his rapier and rushes downstairs.

achinca
2012-02-20, 09:26 AM
Axlon grabs the sunrod and provide light as te group goes down the stair and throw it away before they leave the building.

"Let's hurry ... time is the essence here .... "

Userrname
2012-02-21, 12:34 PM
http://www.canonfire.com/wiki/images/6/66/Pelor01.jpg

The group hurries down the stairs. Reywa is the last to go. She begins to yell something down the stairs when a snarl cuts her off. The sound of tearing flesh and screams can be heard from upstairs.

As the group rounds the corner two priests of Eihnor walk purposefully towards the building. They stop abruptly, staring at the group.

One calls, You there! Stop in the name Eihnor!

The other holds up a holy symbol and begins moving his fingers in the shape of a circle. He sings a hymn while he does so.

The sound of tearing flesh can still be heard from an open window above thr group but the screams have stopped.

http://www.rpgweekly.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Pelor_Amaunator.png

Roll initiative and then give me your move

achinca
2012-02-21, 01:48 PM
Initiative
[roll0]

Axlon pulls out his symbol of Nerull and asks his god to bless his companions.

Bless fills your allies with courage. Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects. - dont Forget - Round 1/12

gparali
2012-02-21, 01:51 PM
Samnemath is for a moment teared between helping his ally upstairs or facing the priests. His decides to fight the priests the moment one of them starts an incantation. Not wasting any time, he raises his bow and fires two arrows at the priest.

Initiative:[roll0]

Attack 1:[roll1]
Attack 2:[roll2]

Damage 1:[roll3] + [roll4]
Damage 2:[roll5] + [roll6]

raistlinsama
2012-02-21, 01:55 PM
[roll0]

Lydia summoned her power to hinder their enemies.

Lydia casts Bane

WyvernLord
2012-02-21, 03:28 PM
Liam
Initiative [roll0]
I charge [roll1] Damage[roll2]

Sliver
2012-02-21, 11:05 PM
Frae'el rushes forward, thrusting his rapier.

initiative [roll0]

attack [roll1]
damage [roll2]

Userrname
2012-02-22, 08:23 PM
Samnemath fires the arrows in rapid succession. They fly past the priest missing him.

Lydia forms the spell and casts it at the priests. The first priest, a young looking human male, continues casting the spell. The other priest, a male gnome, pauses and looks doubtfully at the party.

Liam charges the gnome and drives his blade into the gnomish priest's, shoulder.

The human priest finishes his spell and his eyes widen.
All of them. Every single one. They are the agents of Nerull!
Frae’el charges the gnome and cuts him deeply.

The gnome begins praying but the wounds prove to be too painful and he cries out in agony. The prayer goes unheard by Eihnor.

Axlon prays fervently to Nerull and each member of the party feels stronger and braver.

I will continue the combat in the same manner if you attacked. Otherwise tell me your next moves. I can roll for you. This combat will likely last two more rounds.

The sound of combat draws the attention of the closest beggars. They begin to call to the others.
Over here! We found them!
Some of the beggars begin to point at the party while others point to the priests. More beggars begin to approach the alley.

raistlinsama
2012-02-22, 09:55 PM
After casting her spell Lydia rushed towards the human priest, her hand crackling with power

Charnel touch attack roll [roll0] (+ 1 because of Axlon spell)
Damage [roll1]

WyvernLord
2012-02-24, 07:36 PM
I start rallying. +1d6 to melee and ranged attack damage.

Sliver
2012-02-25, 02:24 AM
Frae'el stands straight, his eyes focused on his foe and ready to intercept him.

Ready action to attack the priest no matter what he starts to do.

[roll0] Power attack 1
[roll1]

Userrname
2012-02-27, 10:49 AM
A hiss comes out of nowhere and a red dragon eats everyone. The end.

Sorry.

achinca
2012-02-27, 11:49 AM
A hiss comes out of nowhere and a red dragon eats everyone. The end.

Sorry.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

WyvernLord
2012-02-27, 10:50 PM
This makes me sad. :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown::frown::frown:
Darn.