PDA

View Full Version : Help a guy find some good Anime!

Celesyne
2012-02-08, 03:35 AM
So, I've run out of things to watch, caught up to the English dubbed portion of Bleach, and I'm really in need of some good new stuff to watch. I don't exactly have a huge portfolio of watched anime, so I'll list what I have seen, and maybe you wonderful folks could suggest some other wonderful ones to watch.

In the past I have watched and greatly enjoyed:

Bleach
Trigun
Outlaw Star
Elfen Lied
FLCL
Hellsing
Black Lagoon

I've seen a couple other things, but nothing that I enjoyed enough that their names come to mind. I very much prefer things that have been dubbed into English. Any suggestions you smart folk?

Eldariel
2012-02-08, 03:47 AM
There's a thread for this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200541&page=25). Perhaps easiest if you just respond there or whatever. Anyways, what style of anime do you like? Either way, few of the standouts that don't appear on that list:
Cowboy Bebop
Death Note
Rurouni Kenshin
Fullmetal Alchemist
Evangelion

Oh and I know it's not precisely what you asked for but you might want to take a look at the Type-Moon Visual Novels (Tsukihime and Fate/Stay Night). They might just be right up your alley, judging by your choice of anime.

Celesyne
2012-02-08, 03:56 AM
woops, first time in this section o' the forum, If a Mod would feel as gracious as to delete this thread, I'll repost in the appropriate area.

Gettles
2012-02-08, 04:59 AM
I recently saw Baccano, thought it was good. Set in 1930s USA, gangster action with fantasy undertones, epic dub, fun as all hell cast of characters can be streamed on Netflix.

Mynxae
2012-02-08, 10:42 AM
Soul Eater is quite the interesting anime series. :)