PDA

View Full Version : Dracons Memorial Thread

Serpentine
2012-02-08, 04:09 PM
So a couple of years ago, I talked to a guy from the forums called Dracons (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=15352). Not much. Just a couple of post exchanges, and I think I encouraged him to post a picture of himself in the You thread, because he was down on his appearance a lot, what with having Neurofibromatosis. Personally, I thought he looked kinda cool. Possibly related to that he seemed to have a lot of health problems, but he seemed like a lovely person.
I tried to get into contact with him over Facebook a few times. I liked him, and would've liked to be friends with him. He'd been down a lot, and I got pretty worried when he didn't respond to me, but I figured he just wasn't interested in talking so I let it go. That was about a year ago.

Fast forward to just today. I went looking for a picture of him for a conversation, and finally found him on Facebook (I forgot his name, so it took a while). What do I find, but... a wall covered with condolences starting a couple of months after the last time I communicated with him (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1192973707&sk=wall).

From what I can gather, Dracons killed himself somewhere around the 28th of June, 2011. And the last thing I ever bloody said to him was to call him a "pooty-head". ****.

It seems he was a lot more involved in the community over at "Customers Suck" (http://www.customerssuck.com/board/showthread.php?t=83402) than here, so maybe more information on him can be found over there. I'm a bit done for now.

There've been way too many hoax "deaths" on these forums, so skepticism is understandable and even somewhat welcomed. Everything I know is on the Facebook page.

I'm sorry I wasn't there more when I knew something was wrong, Dracons. I wish I could've met you. And I'm sorry I'm so late to realise you're gone.

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/262392_10150225318332789_597667788_7104509_1118092 _n.jpg

edit: For the record, I could well be mistaken about the suicide bit, but it's the impression I got.

Grinner
2012-02-08, 04:49 PM
From what I can gather, Dracons killed himself somewhere around the 28th of June, 2011. And the last thing I ever bloody said to him was to call him a "pooty-head". ****.

I'm sorry.

Kalmageddon
2012-02-08, 05:01 PM
Condolences to his family and friends.
I'm reading some of his posts right now.
I'm also sorry for you, Serpentine, I understand how you feel, unfortunately.

The Succubus
2012-02-08, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear that, Serpy. :smallfrown:

Don't feel bad about the last thing you said - I'm certain he knew you meant it only in jest. Unfortunately I never met the chap in question but the fact that you went to the trouble of looking him up after a year shows that although he's been gone for over half a year, people like you are still thinking about him. And that's the best tribute you could make. :smallsmile:

See you on the Other Side, Dracons.

fergo
2012-02-08, 06:48 PM
I'm a newcomer to the forums so I never knew him, but R.I.P. :smallfrown:

H Birchgrove
2012-02-08, 06:57 PM
My condolences to his friends and family. Godspeed, Dracons.

Riverdance
2012-02-09, 07:55 PM
I'm a newcomer to the forums so I never knew him, but R.I.P. :smallfrown:

I second. :smallfrown:

The Bandicoot
2012-02-16, 09:21 PM
I second. :smallfrown:

I third :frown:

Goosefeather
2012-02-16, 11:44 PM
Likewise, rest in peace.

I had a similar situation, as at Christmas I found out from a friend that a guy I used to go to school with had passed away from cancer. Pretty cool guy, who sat next me in a couple of classes, but we had different friendship groups and hadn't stayed in touch.

It was such a strange feeling to realise that while I'd been swanning around at uni, having fun, going abroad, worrying about silly little aspects of my day-to-day life, this guy had been going through so much and I'd had no idea. I almost feel guilty for it, even though I couldn't have known. Because I couldn't have known.

It heavily affected me, and lead to some pretty intense conversations, some sober, some less so, with many of my other friends.

I don't know if that's similar to what you're feeling right now, but if it is, know that there are Playgrounders out there who can empathise.

Haruki-kun
2012-02-17, 12:26 AM
I'm really sorry to hear that, Serpentine. RIP. :smallfrown:

Coidzor
2012-02-17, 01:16 AM
He always seemed like a nifty guy from what interactions I had with him.

When I first saw this thread I was reminded of how I was just thinking about him about a month or two ago, wondering how he was doing and hoping his condition hadn't taken a turn for the worse.

I don't really know what to say, really. I wish now that I'd gotten to know him a bit better.

Lex-Kat
2012-02-17, 02:35 AM
I never met him. May he find peace on the other side.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-02-17, 10:30 AM
I remember him, never interacted too much with him; but I do recall him, sorry to hear that. R.I.P Dracons.

arguskos
2012-02-17, 10:36 AM
Goodbye, Dracons. I never knew you, and for that I am sorry. I will say a short prayer for you, and hope that your next turn on the wheel is better than this one was.

Death has come and gone. May you go to your judgment with pride and may the gods smile upon you in that moment. Rest well, you've done your time. Goodbye, Dracons.

super dark33
2012-02-17, 10:38 AM
Thats terrible.
I think i remember seeing posts of him in the Gameing-Roleplaying section.
:smallfrown:

grimbold
2012-02-17, 04:17 PM
thats... upsetting :smalleek: