PDA

View Full Version : The Dragonborn And Hawke v.s Shinnok (Mortal Kombat)

ArlEammon
2012-02-09, 11:29 AM
Hawke, and The Warden, had disappeared from the known face of Thedas for what had seemed to be years, in reality they were in hiding in order to prepare for a great war in Thedas'es future. The next Blight was to take place, and The Warden had recruited Hawke as one of his companions. While building The Wardens and a new secret society somewhere in the Deep Roads that remained untouched by Dark Spawn or Rock Wraiths, a portal mysteriously opens and swallows Hawke before anyone could respond.

Hawke then found himself in the land of SovenGarde with the DragonBorn. The DragonBorn, the Heroes of Skyrim and Hawke fought and killed Alduin, eventually, and were then sent, they thought they were sent to their homes. However, the Dragonborn and Hawke discovered that they were then sent to a mysterious place, another Realm. This had been years after Shao Kahn's defeat at the hands of Shinnok. Shao Kahn was dead, and now Shinnok ruled both Nether Realm and Outworld.

A frail, elderly looking Raiden had appeared in front of Hawke and Dragonborn as they entered the Portal to Outworld. "I brought you hear to save the Realms. Including your Realms, your Worlds. In order to return to your places, you must find and kill . . . Shinnok. The Palace with Shinnok is to the East." Raiden then died, drained of his immortality by Shinnok in a previous battle. Because Shinnok was arrogant, even though he saw that Raiden summoned Hawke and Dragonborn, he sent no gaurds or assassins, he simply waited them to approach his throne room in Outworld.

Suddenly, Hawke and Dragonborn were confronting Shinnok, and they were both going to go all-out.

Hawke (http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Hawke)

Dragonborn (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonborn)

Psyren
2012-02-09, 02:44 PM
He has a right to be arrogant - In MK4, Shinnok could mimic the powers of every member of the cast. Furthermore, he did so without any kind of physical change to clue you into whose list he was using (unlike Shang Tsung, who at least had to morph.) He was basically Shujinko on crack.

Does he have this ability for the purposes of the challenge?

ArlEammon
2012-02-09, 02:58 PM
He has a right to be arrogant - In MK4, Shinnok could mimic the powers of every member of the cast. Furthermore, he did so without any kind of physical change to clue you into whose list he was using (unlike Shang Tsung, who at least had to morph.) He was basically Shujinko on crack.

Does he have this ability for the purposes of the challenge?

Nah. He doesn't. Not for Hawke and Dragonborn. Not only are they from different Realms, their from different, "Realms" lol. I"m not sure how to say it. Different dimensions, so he can't just mimic their power sets. He can, however, mimic fighting styles of the Dragon Born.

Psyren
2012-02-09, 05:00 PM
Nah. He doesn't. Not for Hawke and Dragonborn. Not only are they from different Realms, their from different, "Realms" lol. I"m not sure how to say it. Different dimensions, so he can't just mimic their power sets. He can, however, mimic fighting styles of the Dragon Born.

I'm not worried about him mimicking the challengers - I'm worried about him bringing the entire MK arsenal to bear. At a minimum, he gets teleportation, flight, invisibility, self-healing, cryokinesis, a shadow clone, shapeshifting, spell reflection, and even the ability to turn off an enemy's powers. Not to mention things like guns and rockets.

ArlEammon
2012-02-09, 08:14 PM
I'm not worried about him mimicking the challengers - I'm worried about him bringing the entire MK arsenal to bear. At a minimum, he gets teleportation, flight, invisibility, self-healing, cryokinesis, a shadow clone, shapeshifting, spell reflection, and even the ability to turn off an enemy's powers. Not to mention things like guns and rockets.

Shinnok fires missile!

Dragonborn: "FUS RO DAH!"

::missile reflected::

Shinnok turns invisible!

::Dragonborn casts Clairvoyance!::

Kelvin360
2012-02-12, 12:35 AM
Dragonborn and Hawke would win. Doesn't matter what Shinnok has. It's like pitting Batman against the Joker. No matter what incredibly powerful item or ridiculous plan he pulls out, Batman will win, because he's...well...Batman.

Or that's my opinion, anyways. Might differ because each Dragonborn and Hawke are different. My Hawke would probably blood-drain Shinnok and then perma-freeze the DB just for the evulz. :smallbiggrin:

Mx.Silver
2012-02-12, 10:27 AM
Dragonborn and Hawke would win. Doesn't matter what Shinnok has. It's like pitting Batman against the Joker. No matter what incredibly powerful item or ridiculous plan he pulls out, Batman will win, because he's...well...Batman.

Pretty sure plot power is waived in versus threads...