View Full Version : Facebook Parenting Youtube video

Pages : 1 [2]

The Glyphstone
2012-02-27, 06:30 PM
Irony is a harsh mistress indeed.

S'okay, it happens to everybody.

Traab
2012-02-27, 07:18 PM
And its even more proof that it didnt ruin his life, since it is what got him his start in his career. Being on the internet making an idiot of yourself does make it suck to be you, for the most part, and for the short term. But 9 times out of 10 it dies down without ever making a big fuss, and the 1 time out of 10 that you get a numa numa or fat jedi video, most of those also fade away into obscurity after a short time. Internet fads are like a flash bulb. They burn bright, then they vanish. Especially the video clips of people doing funny things. Unless you are like mister numa and decide to make sequals or otherwise use the video as a platform of some kind, but then thats you making it stay around.

Sunken Valley
2012-02-28, 06:30 AM
Unless you are like mister numa and decide to make sequals or otherwise use the video as a platform of some kind, but then thats you making it stay around.

Indeed, for Tommy has made a new vid (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJCYuybp6DU&feature=channel)

Killer Angel
2012-02-28, 07:02 AM
Indeed. The legions of people passing summary judgement on the situation towards either side...they have no such excuse.

It appears that, with internet at disposal, publicly discussing private matters and receiving overreactive responses, has became almost the norm (insert any reference you want to the affair of OKCupid and Jon Finkel)
Sadly, this is not the first case, and will not be the last one.

Surrealistik
2012-02-28, 10:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53lb5hXYGxQ&feature=related

NinjaStylerobot
2012-02-28, 10:37 AM

Pretty much.

KnightDisciple
2012-02-28, 12:00 PM

Pretty much.
...No, not "pretty much".

That "parody" fails almost immediately for anyone who's bothered to actually follow this situation.

He didn't "hack her facebook" or anything, he was updating the dog's facebook (something the whole family does) when he saw she had a post (not knowing she'd blocked anyone who might bring actual consequences to bear on her) and read it. And lo and behold, she was bad-mouthing her parents and a family friend (still probably the most disgusting part of her childish rant) on Facebook. Which is not, and never has been, a private venue outside of messaging (which is basically an email, and how a smart rebellious teen would have ranted to their friends). He was understandably upset by this (which if you actually follow the link by Sunken Valley, and then the link to his written accompaniment for the video, was not an isolated incident). And while I personally disagree, ultimately, with his decision vis a vis the laptop and the gun, he used the firearm in an entirely safe manner (isolated area, pointed at the ground, which was clearly soft dirt and not concrete, used rounds that had effectively nil chance of bouncing).

Of course, you can always not believe him. You can call him a lying liar who lies. But then there's not much to discuss if you totally dismiss his words.
Or we can engage the situation in a slightly more mature manner and consider his responses.

Surrealistik
2012-02-28, 01:02 PM
I just thought the link content was funny; namely the beginning and the end.

That said, the whole thing is quite obviously a shameless self-promoting publicity stunt/viral vid as per Greg Solomon and should be dismissed as such. That there's all this silly, nonsense debate and controversy about something that should be utterly inconsequential gives the video and its author far more credit than they deserve (i.e. none).

KnightDisciple
2012-02-28, 01:15 PM

That said, the whole thing is quite obviously a shameless self-promoting publicity stunt/viral vid as per Greg Solomon and should be dismissed as such. That there's all this silly, nonsense debate and controversy about something that should be utterly inconsequential gives the video and its author far more credit than they deserve (i.e. none).

I'm still confused how Greg Solomon has any more weight in this argument than the original video maker.

hobbitkniver
2012-02-28, 07:31 PM

That was so hilarious! I love how she gets everything from the cleaning lady and she shoots his gun with her gun. Thank you for posting this.