PDA

View Full Version : Half-vampire or Vampire Optimization

Madara
2012-02-12, 11:17 AM
So, a game I'd like to join will probably have 2 free LA. After thinking about it for awhile, I decided I'd like to try a half-vampire. I haven't decided on a class, in fact I don't really have a role that I'd go for yet.

Role: I think the party will still need some stealth, it has one possible caster, a Dread Necromancer. Someone wants to play a death knight. It also has a few melee people. Anyway, I'm up for suggestions on a class/role. I don't need a full build. Just the important details.

Possible Stats:

Necropolitan Half-Vampire Air Goblin (Petition to have blood drain last Cha # rounds)
Gb +4 Dex -2 Str -2 Con
HV +2 Str +2 Dex +2 Cha
NP No Con

Necropolitan Half-Vampire Grey Elf(Petition to have blood drain last Cha # rounds)
GE -2 Str +2 Dex -2 Con +2 Int
HV +2 Str +2 Dex +2 Cha
NP No Con

Would it be worth it to go full vampire? If I did, how could I survive as a monster with about 1 class level?

Yes, I know that RAW, the Undead half vampire can't blood drain at all. I'm going to politely ask that it can be based on a different stat. The concept of a half-vampire becoming undead to relate more to his dad amuses me.

So, suggestions?

vhfforever
2012-02-12, 11:34 AM
I may be completely mistaken, but I recall somewhere that is a monster's abilities are based off of constitution, and they no longer have that stat, it defaults to Charisma. Or, it might have just been a specific instance; and my suggestion is worthless. :) Either way, give it a go.

Madara
2012-02-12, 12:08 PM
I have an inkling about that as well, but I assumed it was just the unholy toughness rules. I'll check the description of the undead type..

Edit:It only says Cha for Concentration.

But if it is true, suggestions?

hex0
2012-02-12, 12:25 PM
If you can get the Vampire Lord (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/mm/20021018a) template. Oh lord...

Madara
2012-02-12, 12:36 PM
lol, that only works on real vampires. Plus I'm looking at levels 7-9ish :smalleek: