View Full Version : Superteam Challenge
2012-02-16, 06:48 PM
The Challenge: Assemble a superteam from your favorite books, films, TV shows, etc. This team is combined to be a group of dimension hopping crimefighters, intended to outfight and out think foes from all 5 universes, and possibly more...
(all powers are assumed to work the same on all worlds, regardless of actual physics. powers granted by gods still work, odd science tricks, magic abilities still work, and so on.)
Your team must consist of the following:
(1) Team Leader
(1) Comic Relief
All your superteam members must be from DIFFERENT media sources.
My team henceforth, the Super Human Interdimensional Task Force:
Team Leader- Captain America (Marvel Universe) a good scrapper and due to Avengers, excellent at helping people of various backgrounds and cultures work well together.
Warrior- Mace Windu (Star Wars) years of experience, good at mind control, telekinesis, and a vastly deadly swordsman who can cut through most objects with his lightsaber. As an added bonus, the man can follow orders like nobody's business.
Smartypants- Reid (Criminal Minds) admittedly worse in combat than every other member of the team, an excellent and brave detective with unshakable perception, who will no doubt be able to save the day by pure logic.
Hottie- Daine Sarrasri (Tortall Books by Tamora Pierce) the ability to talk to animals, turn into animals, and even mind control animals gives Daine a unique edge, especially if she can take animal friends with her to do her jobs.
Comic Relief- Toshiro Umezawa (Mtg Multiverse, Kamigawa) diety granted shadow and cold powers, kanji magic, and some decent sword skills, as well as adaptability, Toshi will make the group more effective and no doubt will continue with his playful, snide comments.
2012-02-17, 11:24 PM
1. Simone (Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann) - Went from a lowly digger to leading the entire human race with the power of fighting spirit known as the Spiral Force against an omniscient race, never giving up, and always drilling to pierce the heavens. You want someone to give speeches, rally the troops, and lead the charge? Just who the hell do you think he is?!
2. Goku (Dragonball Z) - Combat skills? Check. Near indestructible? Check. Super strength? Check. Super speed? Check. Dim-witted? Check. Gets back up stronger than before when he actually does go down? Check. Perfect tank. I hate DBZ personally, but I gotta admit there's probably no one bette.r
3. Batman (If you want a specific version, go with Brave and the Bold) - World's greatest detective, master martial artist, and has already carefully researched everyone and everything in whatever universe he's in and devised a counter to it.
4. Nico Robin (One Piece) - Lovely dark-skinned beauty, well-traveled and experienced assassin, accomplished historian and anthropologist, unflappable, and her DF power lets her sprout multiple copies of her limbs everywhere.
5. The Doctor (Dr. Who) - The last of the Timelords, a man who's been everywhere and done everything. Unassuming, but woe be to anyone who underestimates the Doctor. Maybe not as action-packed as the rest of the group, but plenty resourceful.
2012-02-17, 11:45 PM
1) Batman. Despite how I talk about him in another thread, I dont think there is anyone better at putting together a plan and making sure everything works out. He isnt the most charismatic of leaders, or the most eager, but when he takes charge, he does it incredibly well.
2) Current naruto. He is an incredibly powerful fighter. He is an army all rolled into one, and when he gets serious, he has massivly powerful trump cards.
3) Iron Man. I think that counts as a separate universe from dc right? he is really smart, really inventive, and a guy id trust to handle whatever batman needed him to make. Plus, he would be very useful in combat as well.
4) Emerald. Or Emmie as her husband calls her. One of the three gods in the david eddings book, Redemption of Althaus. He was honestly concerned that when his friends saw what she really looked like, that their minds would break from her beauty, and the girls faces would turn green from envy and stay that way. Of course, he loved her so he was a bit biased. Still hot.
5) Ill say Xander from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Funny guy, and while he doesnt have much in the way of super powers or abilities beyond that "On Who Sees" thing, he has faced down world ending threats and survived.
2012-02-18, 12:48 AM
1. Percy Jackson (Percy Jackson and the Olympians.) The son of the earth shaker, Percy has faced down titans and won, is almost invincible, and under the right circumstances has enough power to activate a volcano. Get him near water and he becomes even more dangerous. While I doubt he would lead the team in quite the same way as you see normally given the personalities of the others involved he would be a pretty good bridge, having grown pretty good at dealing with massive egos from his interactions with the greek gods.
2. Samus Aran (Metroid.) A bounty hunter with physics defying shrinking abilities and the determination to be one of the most feared things in space. Sidenote: she brings a lot of guns.
3. Sherlock Holmes (Sherlock.) With his death fixed he is free to turn his mind to more interesting challenges than the rather mundane world of high end british crime.
4. Blaziken (Pokemon.) It can clear a 30-story building in a leap. Its fiery punches scorch its foes. The blaze pokemon brings all the firepower a team could need.
5. Toph (Avatar the Last Airbender.) Here to deliver snark with a side of boulders in your face. Also she can metal bend. It is pretty badass.
2012-03-08, 02:54 PM
Hmm... Different media sources you say...
I hereby present: TEAM DOCTOR
Team Leader - I figure either the oldest chronologically speaking or the oldest physically speaking would be best as the "voice of experience"... So either:
The Doctor (television - Doctor Who; Hartnell)
The Doctor (live concert - Doctor Who at The Proms; Smith)
Warrior - Sometimes you just want to see some Venusian aikido. But Nine is probably a better choice given what lengths he went to, you know, in war.
The Doctor (stage play - Doctor Who: The Ultimate Adventure; Pertwee)
The Doctor (novel - Doctor Who: The New Series Adventures; Eccleston)
Smartypants - Given the rest of the group, picking just one is rather silly. But I love Ten's range from technobabble through babbletech.
The Doctor (comic book - Doctor Who ; Tennant)
Hottie - If we define "hottie" as the one everyone else likes? No question. Celery it is!
The Doctor (video game - [I]Doctor Who: The First Adventure; Davison)
Comic Relief - Picking just one is kinda hard here too. Four is properly manic and weird, but then so is Eleven. Since I like Eleven, if he's not the leader, I'd say he goes here instead.
The Doctor (audio play - Doctor Who [Big Finish]; Baker)
The Doctor (live concert - Doctor Who at The Proms; Smith)
2012-03-09, 03:23 AM
I am challenging myself with this one: no Doctor Who, no Batman, and nobody I've brought up in similar threads, because blah blah blah Axe Cop blah Sam & Max blah blah Aaron "X-51" Stack blah Dr. McNinja. Blah. Nonetheless, you'll notice I'm drawn towards the "chaotic" side of the spectrum, so let's see how crazy this can get...
(1) Team Leader: Baron Munchausen. Nobody could do it better, at least not with this motley crew. He's got a convenient tendency to be in the right place at the right time and develop new superpowers as the situation demands, so that works out well.
(1) Warrior: Squirrel Girl. Laugh if you will, but she's kicked asses nobody else has. Asses often thought unkickable.
(1) Smartypants: Krang. What can I say? I like his style. Good with science, magic, and combinations of the two. I know he probably counts as evil, but since we're assuming everybody teams up on their own, he'd fight some crime maybe to pay the bills or in exchange for MacGuffins. And anyway, plenty of teams have evil members--don't forget whose website we're on right now!
(1) Hottie: Everybody's been making fire-based jokes on this one, especially since fire-based heroes tend to have a sort of superhuman charisma going on (and be hot). So I'll just go with the Monkey King Hanuman from the Ramayana; he was like if Johnny "Human Torch" Storm was, well, an egotistical monkey, right down to the snarkiness and basic goodness. Alternatively, if you meant "hottie" as in "sexy chick with no real purpose", I would pick...uh...some hot chick, since she's not there for anything but eye candy, so it doesn't really matter who it is.
(1) Comic Relief: Buster Keaton, or whatever his character's name is. He's got an amazing knack for being hilarious without ever moving his face--the guy got his start with his family's vaudeville show by keeping a bemusedly straight face while they threw him around. Also he's been known to kick some ass "accidentally" in a style suspiciously reminiscent of the one used by Spike Seigel...
2012-03-13, 05:11 PM
Team LARGE HAM
Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
Lelouch Lamperouge, aka Zero (Code Geass)
Simoun the Digger (Gurren Lagann)
Magor Alex Armstrong (Fullmetal Alchemist)
Princess Luna (My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic)
All members are highly skilled, most are powerful combatents, and it would be entertaining as hell to watch them operate (if slightly painful to listen to).
2012-03-13, 05:41 PM
Leader - Wedge Antilles, say what you want, the man is terrific at getting the most use out of a group of egotistical fighter jocks/ commandos, also the man is a better pilot than most Jedi.
Warrior - Conan of Cimmeria, I don't need to explain that.
Smartypants - Jason Bourne (book version) he's always three steps ahead of anybody else.
Hottie - Buffy the Vampire Slayer, kicking "butt" and taking names all while looking like a prom queen.
Comedic Relief - Harry Dresden, cracking wise and flinging spells
Powered by vBulletin® Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.